National Manager

Anyone ever had any luxk becoming National Manager soon after starting a new saved game ?

As an Australian in my current saved game, I have just won my 2nd EPL title with Liverpool and also won 1 league cup. Into my 2nd season. I was laughed off twice recently when I applied for the Australian head coaching role. This role was given to a Stuart Baxter. A scottish person in the game who has not had any success for the last 26 seasons as far as I can see in the game.

I then applied for the head role at Guinea-Bissau. Once again, I was laughed off. This coming from a nation that is currently ranked 161st in the world.

What on earth do I have to do to even be a chance at managing even the worst of all nations in FM 2012 this early into my current saved game ? (2nd season)

I was appointed Scotland manager imemdiately after the WC 2014 qualifiers ended in failure for Craig Levein - starting reputation professional footballer, although I won the League/Scottish Cup double in my first season with Rangers and the League/Scottish Cup/Scottish League Cup treble in my second.

Cameroon appoints you no matter what. They appointed me: a sunday leaguer whose only performance was promoting an amateur Danish club in the second tier and bailing out when faced with relegation. I spoke French though.

I say it's very important you know the language of the country you apply for.

Archived