“Some people think football is a matter of life and death"

chile_paul

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fantastic career so far!
This. Really enjoying it. Is the database you are using the one from Flamers of ITaly down to level 7 with 53 other countries?

Thanks both, really appreciate the feedback!

The database is one that I constructed, built upon and updated from the initial work done by Unknown Hacker, Poop and a couple of others. They all needed a bit of work to get them to work as I wanted them to and to make sure all of the competition rules, suspension rules etc worked ok, but I wouldn't have got here without the initial hard work that those guys put in

brand.gif

Chile_Paul's Career - Season 3 Preview - Bamboutos de Mbouda

Board Expectations:

BamboutosBoardroom_Confidence-1.png

Media Expectations:

Media Prediction: 10th

Title Odds: 100-1

My Expectations:

Elite One - I think my squad is stronger this year, but I also think the overall competitiveness of the league is stronger - this may or may not work to my advantage. Targetting 3rd place, I think Coton Sport and KSA will fight it out for the title

Cameroon Cup - I want the final place that we just missed out on last year

Squad:

I've strenghtened the squad in specific areas where we were weak last year, and several of the older players who I bought in but underperformed last year have now left the club - either on free transfers or to retirement. I'm hoping that I get a better set of performances from some of the younger players I've bought in to replace them. I now have a second strong striker as competition for Nassorou which I hope will help to maintain a high level of performance up front - it also gives us a true option of playing 2 up front. I've also significantly strengthened my defence which will alleviate the reliance that I had on youth players last season. Finances are looking tighter though with a much tighter wage budget, so I'm not going to have any room to strenghten further during the season.

Backroom Staff:

No major changes to the backroom staff other than the appointment of Blaise Matondo as 1st team coach to focus on attacking training - Blaise had joined the club last season as a 36 yr old striker and had some decent coaching stats. I'm still short of a decent goalkeeping coach, Eric Nzoyem who retired as 3rd choice goalkeeper last season had great stats in goalkeeping coach, but refused to sign a coaching contract, determined to pursue a career as a scout instead!

Transfers:

A much more balanced transfer window this season, reigned in by our more limited but sensible wage constraints. 8 players have come in with 9 leaving for pastures new. Key arrivals detailed below:

Franck Kanga: A 21 year old striker with a bright future - he will provide competition and on occassions partner Nassorou up front. He picked up 7 goals and 2 assists in 19 appearances in both of the last 2 seasons for Canon so I'm delighted to pick him up on a free contract

Robert Ntolla: My second signing from Canon, he has underperformed in the last 2 seasons given his stats, so I'm hoping he'll raise his game at a new club and help tighten up our defence

Claudio Jose Domingos: A 22 year old central defender from Angola - he might not start in the side but he has plenty of potential and will add strength and depth to the defence

Hellings Mwakasangula: My final defensive signing, Hellings joins from Silver Strikers in the Malawian Premier League. He had a great year last season with an average rating of 7.65 and 7 goals to his name, but he will be stepping up a level this season so it will be a matter of waiting and seeing whether he can maintain his performance in Cameroon.

Finances:

Wage Budget: £3,884 p/w (£8,746 p/w) -£4,862 p/w

Wage Bill: £4,189 p/w (£4,338 p/w) -£149 p/w

Transfer Budget: £5.8k (£9.53k) -£3.73k

Bank Balance: -£141,987

Average Ticket price: £1.00 (£1.00)

Season Ticket Holders: 1,190 (1,169)

Season Ticket price: £2.00 (£2.00)

Estimated club value: £120k (£210k) -£90k

Club Reputation: National

Ranking within Cameroon: 12th (12th)

Cameroonian world ranking: 56th (31st)

Elite One competition ranking within Africa: 22nd (13th)

A good start to the season with us unbeaten heading into October, however we're already on 2 points less than we were at the same stage last season and have conceeded 3 more goals.

Critically it was at this point last year that we went on a run of 3 games without a point or a goal, so it is imperative that we maintain our concentration following the distraction of the Cup 2nd round and get back to winning ways.

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-9.png

EliteOneOverview_Stages-2.png

Well done with the carrer so far. Looks like you might take the league this year :thup:

Thanks - I think the league might be a stage too far this season, Coton Sport and KSA are still too good for me......

I think the Top 6 will all finish fairly close together, I just hope I can push up to 3rd place

An uninspiring win in the cup against non-league competition. We dominated possession but just couldn't stick it in the back of the net, in the end we had to rely on one of the worst own goals that I've ever seen on FM to gift us the win!

More non league competition in the 3rd round, so we have a good chance to progress:

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-2-3.png

My reputation has obviously increased enough that I'm now starting to be linked as the favourite for jobs back home - definitely not interested though, whilst I might be tempted by other jobs in Africa I'm definitely not ready to head back home.......

PaulScholeyNews_Inbox-1.png

In international news Cameroon have qualified for the 2014 world cup after a 1-0 aggregate win over Algeria.

England, who sacked Stuart Pearce after only managing 2nd place in their qualifying group have the advantage over Spain following a 1-1 first leg result in Spain. Spain had earlier finished runners up to France in their qualifying group. New England manager Sam Allardyce is insisting however that Spain remain favourites to qualify

...................and England are knocked out, thanks to a 4th minute Juan Mata penalty at Wembley.

Roy Hodgson might have a tough job irl, but at least he didn't walk straight into a play off match against Spain!!!

Well done to Cameroon, first team to qualify for the 2104 World Cup, almost a century in advance! :D

Damn, I thought I'd corrected that before anybody had noticed! It is an even more impressive qualification given there will never be a 2104 World Cup ;)

A frustrating couple of months underpinned with several injuries to key players which disrupted our form and formation. We had to come back from 2-0 down against Mont Cameroun and I was pleased to see such grit and determination from the players which had been missing when we hit the dodgy patch this far into the season last year, but in the next game we were poor again and were well beaten by Tonnerre.

The 5-2 win against Aigle Royal was massively helped by the fact that they were down to 10 men for 70 minutes of the match and against YOSA we dominated the game but slipped up twice at the back and conceeded.

Definitely concerned about how many goals we're conceeding at the moment - we need a clean sheet

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-6-1.png

Another 2 disappointing results, albeit against much tougher opposition see us concede more goals and we've slumped down to 6th place in the league in time for the New Year :(

bamboutosfcdemboudafixt.png

New Years resolution = Must do better!

Well, I said we needed to improve and we did. In fact we look a completely different team in 2013 and have picked up 12 points out of 15, slipping up only against Coton Sport, who we gave a really good game and only fell behind to a sneaky near post headed goal from a corner.

Two new arrivals into the team have made all the difference - I had to offload some of my high wage earning first team players and whilst making a great bit of money I had been concerned that this would weaken the side - in fact the opposite happened and I managed to bring in 2 new players who were equal or better to the players leaving and the balance of my side now feels much, much better. Full transfer update to follow on the next post.

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-2-4.png

Despite my great results, I've only moved up one place in the league table, but the teams around me are bunching up and I'm within touching distance of the continental qualifaction places. Astres are stretching ahead of the rest and if they can maintain their current form they will be hard for anybody to catch.

EliteOneOverview_Stages-2-1.png

Transfers out

Jean-Marc Hatchi - Jean-Marc had great potential and I'd have liked to keep him at the club, but he was one of our highest paid players and his contract was starting to run out and with no prospect of being able to offer him a wage increase I was running the risk of losing him on a free. As a result he has become our record transfer and left to play in Belgium for a fee of £75k. I also managed to secure a 50% of future fee clause so if he does become a star the club may do very well from him!

Aboubakar Traore - Abu initially joined the club on loan in Season 1 and then joined on a permanent deal - whilst a regular first team player he wasn't developing well enough and was never going to be a leading right back, so when an offer of £30k came in for him to move to Brazil I bit their hand off.

Paulo Etamane - A player with decent potential, but at £250 a week was on too high a wage for a squad player only, so he has left for a relatively low £5k - this has balanced out my wage bill however

Kameni and Kouagao were both young squad players who weren't making the grade and have moved to Brazil for a combined fee of £24k

Transfers In

Manuel Cabit - A young left winger from Martinique Cabit is a direct replacement for Hatchi but on half the wages. His stats were almost identical and he's a couple of years younger so has more time to develop - his initial performances however (4 assists and a goal in 5 games) suggest he may be twice the player that Hatchi was

Kader Amadou - A direct replacement for Traore at right back, and on a higher wage (paid for by the departure of Etamane) but he has far better stats and will help to solidify my back line

With his team 5 points clear at the top of the table, the Astres manager decides to move on and take over the running of the Cameroon U-21 team ahead of the Toulon tournament.

Astres rapidly appoint the Coton Sport youth coach as their new manager, but this doesn't stop them rapidly losing momentum and losing the next 2 games badly, pulling them back into the chasing pack for the title. 5 teams at the top within a point of each other now!

We had another really strong month, only dropping points away to Sable who we hammerred all game, but just couldn't get the ball into the back of the net - much better than last seasons performances against Sable though!

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-3-2.png

Another win in the cup sees us move into the semi-final for the second time in 2 seasons. We're up against Coton Sport again in the semi's though in what will be a very tough game.

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-4-2.png

The investment in our junior coaching shows the very first glimmering sides of paying off, with our first player of decent potential coming through the youth set-up

BamboutosFCdeMboudaUnder20sSquad_Players-1.png

Rodrigue Wamfor - some decent physical stats suggest that he does have some potential. He has immediately moved onto a specific training programme to improve his strength

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

A disappointing result against Tonnerre KC has probably taken away all the chances of a first title this season, we dominated all game but struggled to finish and they were clinical with the one chance that fell there way. Critically we rebounded well with a fantastic result against KSA which keeps them in my sights and keeps alive the chances of a finish within the continental qualification places. The title could go to any of 3 teams at the top.

EliteOneOverview_Stages-3.png

Well Coton Sport certainly didn't put out a weakened side for this match as they did in the Quarter Finals last year, and we were reeling as they punched us again and again in the first 10 minutes, eventually resulting in a goal from an overhead kick.

Things went from bad to worse in the 36th minute when Ze was sent off, but this galvanised the team and we started to fight our way back into the match. Young winger Adjahounou came on for Nassorou who had been disappointing and popped up in the box to score a stunning equaliser to set up extra time allowing us to take the match to penalties and snatch a stunning win to put us through into the final!!!!

BamboutosvCotonSportInformation_Overview.png

So with 3 games to go until the end of the season, things are really starting to look tasty at the top of the table with 5 clubs all with a chance of lifting the trophy.

EliteOneOverview_Stages-4.png

Tiko and Astres are both clearly in the driving seat, but the fixture list has brought up a number of key matches which will decide the destination of the trophy.......

Bamboutos run in - whilst outsiders for the title, we still do have destiny in our hands with ties still to play against the Top 2. If we pick up 9 points, which will mean that the 2 leaders both drop 3, will give us an outside chance. If we don't manage to lift the trophy ourselves, we could well be the king makers

Astres run in - If Astres beat us in the first of the 3 remaining games, they will be the favourites to go on and lift the title, with 2 home games against teams far further down the league and no continental competition to worry about.

Tiko Utd run in - Two home games against other teams in the top 5, coupled with a 2-legged affair against Sundowns of South Africa make this an incredibly difficult run-in for the league leaders

KSA run-in - Winning the league from 5th place is going to be a real challenge, but the game away to Tiko Utd is going to be absolutely key

Coton Sport run-in - without a doubt the most straightforward set of fixtures, which could easily result in 9 points. They need to rely on both Tiko Utd and Astres slipping up and dropping points. Coton Sport could well be the Champions by the end of the season!

So, we held up our end of the bargain and came out of the end of the season with 3 cracking win's to really put us in contention in the title race.

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-11.png

Unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough, and in fact by winning their first 2 games Tiko Utd had already confirmed the title prior to our win against then. Everybody else had slipped up on the way however, which resulted in us taking 2nd place, in what was a really tight finish!!!

EliteOneOverview_Stages-5.png

Unfortunately, it just wasn't our day in the Cameroon Cup final.......

CanonvBamboutosInformation_Overview.png

I'm not sure whether we faltered under the pressure of the occassion or whether we were just over-confident having not lost to Canon in the last 5 meetings, but we just started so poorly, and fell completely asleep at the back to conceded 2 goals in 14 minutes from Canon's first 2 attacks.

That really woke us up and after the 2nd goal we upped our game and pinned them back into their own half. Indeed we managed to get one back ourselves to put us right back into the match - but in the end despite dominating possession and creating plenty of chances we just weren't clinical enough in front of goal and only managed the one shot on target.

A disappointing end to a great run in the cup, but we'll be back next season to try and win that maiden trophy!

brand.gif

Chile_Paul's Career - Season Review - 2013/14 - Bamboutos FC

Elite One League - 2nd place

So close, but yet so far...........I feel that we have progressed massively as a team over the last season and have a much more balanced approach on the pitch. Without a doubt now we are challenging with the big hitters on all competition fronts, but we didn't quite manage to make it across the finishing line and lift a trophy. Next season we really need to prove ourselves - especially as 2 of our big players, Francis Ze and Justice Wamfor are in their mid 30's and probably don't have many more seasons in their legs - and win something

More sensible numbers of transfers this year as the core of my squad settles down, however given the clubs financial situation and limited income streams I had to balance the books. A number of squad players left for healthy transfer fees totalling £80k. The one first team player who I was reluctant to let go but couldn't really refuse was Jean-Marc Hatchi - but with a contract that was running down and an offer of £75k I coudn't say no.

Coming in to the team were a number of players joining on freebie's and walking straight into the first eleven. Ntolla and Domingos walked straight into the back line as a new central defensive partnership and despite a poor showing in the cup final were solid. Franck Kanga was immense up front and scored the goals to catapult us up into 2nd place in the table

Star signing - No contest this year as Franck Kanga picks up the award following a storming season - 13 goals and 6 assists in 25 games!

Finances

Even with a net transfer profit of £155k last season, we still ended up £60k in the Red, reducing our bank balance to -£260k. We desperately need to start increasing gate receipts, although with a measly ticket price of £1 I'm not sure it is going to make a difference.

Luckily we have the Champions League to look forward to, and if we can make it through to the group stages then there is some serious cash to look forward to!

Squad

A much more balances squad, with some real potential to develop and progress

Player of the Season - Franck Kanga - A tough choice, but Franck really did have a good season and has bags of potential

Next Season?

The enticement of the Champions League will keep me here for the next 2 seasons unless we drop out very early. (the Champions League will start in the second half of this season and not conclude until the following season). I'm therefore targetting the cup and league titles within the next 2 seasons by which point it will be time to move on

On a more positive note, we now have a new Parent club - Americana are from Brazil and are clearly looking for an opportunity to pick up some bargain Cameroonian youngsters! In return they will pay me £15k per year

PaulScholeyNews_Inbox-6.png

AmericanaOverview_Profile.png

Archived