“Some people think football is a matter of life and death"

chile_paul

Great Job so far. Are you planning on staying on Cameroon or moving somewhere else at the end of the season?

Ah, the big question. I'm always going to have this trade off with so many leagues available to me, do I stay and try to create a legacy or do I go and explore elsewhere.

I had already decided that I was pretty likely to stay another season and give it a go in the top league, but wasn't 100% until I saw what the board was willing to give me in terms of a wage budget. Avoiding relegation on the current wage budget would have been almost impossible, and given that they'd cut my wage I wasn't that hopeful!

Anyway, I'm updating a little bit behind where I am in the game so watch this space, should get a full update on this afternoon.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chile_Paul's Career - Season Review - 2011/12 - Bamboutos FC

Elite Two League - 2nd place

An excellent season and over achieving versus my initial expectations when I thought that we might scrape third. KSA were always going to runaway with the league title and to be honest should bu up competing for the Elite One title next season. Aigle Royal, who I had expected to mount a serious challenge were disappointing however which opened the way for the rest of us. Without a doubt the ley to my success was the 22 match unbeaten run which allowed us to keep morale up throughout the important part of the season. Whilst I was disappointed with some of the early draws, I'm pretty certain that a slip up in one of these games might have let morale drop and results to deteriorate which would have dropped us into the dog fight that ensued for the remaining promotion place.

Final League table

Transfers

I was heavily limited in terms of my ability to bring in new players as I was already 25% over my wage budget when I joined the club. I managed to ship a few players out who were never going to cut it in the first team and this created a little bit of wriggle room to bring in a few youngsters who played a bit part in the season and hopefully will develop into first team players

Star signing - Tchapada joined as a back-up goalie, but had a great first season and is now my first choice. He is outspoken though and has been demanding a new contract, so the boards' decision on wage budget next year will determine his future

Finances

The finances have improved steadily all season and ended up circa £25k in the black. Hopefully enough for the board to release the restraints on the wage budget.

Squad

The squad over performed this year and had a fantastic year, playing well above what you would expect given their profiles. There are a few teams who have similar strength squads in the Elite One who we will be fighting with to avoid relegation, but we'll need some serious strenghtening to be aiming for anything other than 11th place.

Player of the Season - Alain Ngwompo Nono - Mr. Consistent all season, I can't think of a single bad game he had and he scored some cracking goals as well

PaulScholeyNews_Inbox-2-4.png

Next Season?

I'm expecting to still be at the club (albeit on a lower wage - grrrr!) and fighting against relegation - but the financial situation will determine our long term future together!

A few loans there :lol:.

......and they were definitely a key part of my push for promotion - the 2 Traore brothers on the right hand side of the pitch were almost ever present in my side - whilst the others were regular first team members.

Aboubakar Traore has done enough to convince me I should bring him in on a permanent deal and therefore will be my second transfer target of the summer now that I've got a wage budget to work with (after a decent striker!)

Well done on promotion! At least you've got a decent budget for life in the top division too.

Thanks - the question is whether I'll be able to tempt enough decent players into a team with no previous top division pedigree or reputation

World Football News

OK, this is the section that I'll use to fill you in on all the gossip, comings and goings and the breaking news stories from around the world of football. I'll normally only update once a year unless anything major happens mid-season

Headlines

• Michael Owen produced a major shock when he moved to the Seattle Sounders in a £1.3m transfer from Man Utd during the January transfer window. Owen is the latest of a bunch of aging from the Premiership to move to the MLS in big money moves, but despite a promising start to his American adventure with 8 goals in 17 games it hasn't given the Sounders the boost that they had hoped for as they stay rooted to the bottom of the Western conference
  • Everton fans were disappointed to see Maourane Fellaini leave the club to PSG in a £13.25m move and vented their anger as none of that money was re-invested in the club, continuing to show that Everton are no longer in the same financial league as some of the other Premiership club. Despite this the club managed to achieve a respectable 9th place in the league and have shown signs of re-investing at the start of the 2012/13 season by confirming the signing's of Joe Ledley, Vedran Corluka and a previously unheard of Ecuadorian - Joffre Guerron. It is still to be seen whether this will be money well spent
  • Clint Dempsey has been tempted by the millions on offer in Russia and has moved to CSKA Moscow from Fulham in a £3.8m deal. The power of the Russian billionaires has really been in evidence as Spartak Moscow signed Dede for £16.25m, Anji paid out £10.25m for midfielder Willians from Flamengo
  • Chris Brunt moved for a whopping £13.75m from West Brom to Sunderland, Gary Cahill made a long expected move from Bolton to Tottenham for £15.25m and Newcastle made a massive return on their investment as Yohann Cabaye moved to Liverpool for £16.5m only 12 months after joining for £5m.
  • Steve McClaren has left the role of Great Britain manager for the Olympics in shame after the team failed to qualify from the group stages. The team had been hampered by the loss of Gareth Bale to injury, however a draw against Uruguay followed by defeat to Australia and Ivory Coast shocked the nation and led to GB fan's protesting and calling for McClaren's head.
  • Incredibly the managerial merry go round appeared to jam in 2011/12 with only 1 Premiership club sacking their manager during the season - the unlucky candidate was Martin Jol who left Fulham to be replaced by Michael Laudrup. Remarkably Andre Villas-Boas is still manager of Chelsea, despite failing to win a trophy and only finishing in 4th place in the league
  • However, following the final whistle at the end of the season a number of chairmen made the decision to get rid of their manager and start to build a new backroom team for the start of the next season. Steve Kean and Alan Pardew were sacked as Blackburn and Newcastle manager's respectively after finishing 12th and 15th respectively. Tony Pulis has moved into the office at St. James Park, Stoke have in turn head hunted Steve Clarke from the Asst Manager role at Liverpool to lead the Potters next term. Blackburn immediately offerred Pardew a route back into management following Steve Kean's dismissal
  • Swansea were the whipping boys of the Premiership and finished bottom with 18 points after only managing 1 win all season. QPR and Wigan also failed to make the grade and will be playing Championship football next season. They've been replaced by Derby, West Ham and Ipswich who will be looking to Alan Curbishley, Terry Butcher and Sam Allardyce respectively to secure safety next year
  • At the top of the table, Man City had a dominant lead throughout the season, but an awful spell of 4 defeats out of 5 in Feb and March let Liverpool and Man Utd climb back into contention and when City again had a dodgy spell, taking only 6 points out of a possible 15 in April they were pipped to the post by Liverpool with United finishing 3rd. Incredibly there had been media speculation earlier in the season suggesting that Sir Alex might be sacked with United struggling in mid table obscurity, but their recovery to within 1 point of City has shown that once again the strength of their ability to recover and perform over an entire season.
  • Brighton delivered a series of giant killing performances to reach the FA Cup Final. As well as knocking out QPR and Wolves they shocked Arsenal with a 3-1 win in the semi-final. Matched against Aston Villa in the final, the pundits were giving them a decent chance, but in the end this was one step too far and Villa took the trophy for the 8th time with a 3-2 win
  • Real Madrid claimed the Champions League having demolished Messi and co in the semi final as well as knocking out Man Utd and Arsenal along the way. It was tough going though in the final and they had to rely on penalties to beat Lyon who had a much easier route to the final, knocking out Porto, Milan and Lille.
  • In the Europa League, Fulham almost repeated their heroics of the 2010 season where they made it to the Final, but in the end eventual winners Sevilla proved too much for them in the semi's. Sevilla eventually went on to take the title following a 2-0 win against Marseille

Roll of Honour

Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Man United

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Brighton

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Watford

Champions League

2011/12 - Winners Real Madrid Runners-Up Lyon

Europa League

2011/12 - Winners Sevilla Runners-Up Marseille

Chile_Paul's Career - Season 2 Preview - Bamboutos de Mbouda

Board Expectations:

BamboutosBoardroom_Confidence-1.png

Media Expectations:

Media Prediction: 11th

Title Odds: 1000-1

My Expectations:

Elite One - Given the wage budget I've been given I'm aiming for a comfortable mid-table position to build on for next year

Cameroon Cup - 4th round should be comfortable. If I get a good draw I'd like to think I can make the semi-finals?

Squad:

I've pretty much rebuilt the squad over the summer with only a few players from the team who finished 2nd in Elite Two deemed to be good enough to hold down a regular place in the first team. Ngwompo Nono and Ndeme Ndeme were both stars for me last year and retain their starting position. Similarly Tchapda who joined early last season and became my first choice goalie will retain the Number 1 jersey and has earnt himself a new contract. Traore who was with me on loan last season at right back has joined the club permanently and will play a substantial number of games. Kouagou has also joined permanently after being on loan last season and will rotate into the central defence partnership alongside Ndeme Ndeme - central defence is my greatest area of concern and the one area that might need further strenghtening.

Backroom Staff:

All of the previous backroom team have been replaced, with the exception of the Physio. This almost proved to be a very bad choice as I coudn't sign anybody and all of the respondents to my adverts were poor quality English coaches from the lowest leagues. Luckily I managed to bring in an Assistant Manager from Cameroon, although to be honest he is worse than that Asst Mgr I got rid of. Importantly though in my first Backroom meeting after he arrived, he recommended some coaches and scouts to sign - normally I ignore this advice as it tends to be rubbish, but give I was desperate I checked them out and boy has he found some gems. A couple of them are still players and have joined as player coaches and will be stars in my team!

Transfers:

Well if you're going to give me money to spend, expect me to spend it....... No less than 20 players have joined over the summer, 12 of them will be expecting regular first team football whilst the others are potential stars of the future.

Justice Wamfor - picked out by my Assistant Manager as a potential coach I was delighted to see he is still a player as well, and wow what a player! Justice joins on a free from Maccabi Petach-Tikva in Israel

Francis Ze - the second player picked out by my Asst Mgr - he will also be outstanding for me (I hope!)

Moussa Nassorou - I blew my entire transfer budget on this guy (and my budget for the next 4 years!). He was the top scorer in Elite Two last season for Romde Adija and I'm hoping he can lift his performances to play at the next level

Blaise Matondo - my second option up front, at the ripe old age of 36 I'm hoping he'll bring plenty of experience to the side

Midedji Sokou - you may remember my post detailing how this guy destroyed my left back earlier in the season and came very close to breaking my unbeaten streak. Well if you can't beat them, join them - I persuaded him to join the club and try to repeat that performance for us instead of against us!

Finances:

Wage Budget: £8,746 p/w

Wage Bill: £4,338 p/w

Transfer Budget: £9.53k

Average Ticket price: £1.00

Season Ticket Holders: 1,169

Season Ticket price: £2.00

Estimated club value: £210k

Club Reputation: National

Ranking within Cameroon: 12th

Cameroonian world ranking: 31st

Elite One competition ranking within Africa: 13th (7th)

Well I couldn't have asked for anything more, we have been on absolute fire. Going into these games I'd been really worried about the tough draw from the fixture computer, including two away games against the team that were first and second in the league last season...........

Saturday 18th August 2012

Coton Sport 0 - 0 Bamboutos FC

We had set out deliberately to frustrate these guys and to make them to find a way to break us down. We hassled them all over the pitch and were diving into tackles, but our task looked nigh on impossible when Kouagou was sent off for a second bookable offence in the 33rd minute. However Coton Sport didn't have a shot on goal and as time ticked on their frustration grew and the referee was busy noting names in his notebook. In the end we came the closest to a winner with new signing Nassourou being beaten when 1 on 1 with the goalie in the dying minutes.

Wednesday 29th August 2012

Bamboutos FC 5 - 0 Panthere du Nde

I had identified this game as a key opportunity to pick up points in what was otherwise a tough opening set of fixtures, but I didn't expect to win by 5! To put it bluntly we were brilliant and were 4-0 up by half time and they had absolutely no answer to the dynamism from my team. All 5 goal scorers were new signings helping to turn them into instant crowd favourites.

Wednesday 5th September 2012

Union Douala 0 - 3 Bamboutos FC

Uinion Douala were the league runners up last season but had a tough start to this season with 2 defeats prior to coming up against us. Once again we completely dominated the game and looked solid as a rock in defence, not allowing them a single shot on target all game. Another 2 goals from Nassourou who is looking as if he may turn out to be an inspired signing. I'm really taken aback by how well we're playing at the minute, can we really keep this up?

Saturday 15th September 2012

Bamboutos FC 3 - 0 Tiko Utd

Another convincing win and a 4th consecutive clean sheet against the team who were my parent club last season. I can only imagine that these Elite One teams are under-estimating us and we're playing with the freedom that comes with confidence. Another great goal from Francis Ze who was made a great start to his Bamboutos career

Wednesday 26th September 2012

Bamboutos FC 3 - 2 KSA

KSA have already been playing well above expectations this season and therefore to everybody's surprise this was a 1st vs 2nd contest! Last season we'd drawn away to KSA and lost at home, but we'd strengthened the team more over the summer months than they had done and especially given our recent form I was confident going into this game. We went into a 2 goal lead before half time, but I'd noticed that KSA had pulled back from being behind in most of their games this season. Come back they did, with a goal before half time and they looked dominant in the second half before Ze scored another screamer from outside the area to restore the cushion. KSA pulled once back again in the 83rd minute, but we managed to tighten up and in the end hold the lead quite comfortably. Somehow we've managed to establish ourselves at the top of the table with a 3 point cushion!

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

I didn't expect our great run of form to last, but the last 3 matches really brought us back to Earth with a bump.........

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

3 games, played, 0 points, 0 goals scored and 7 conceeded. If it hadn't been for the quality of our early run I would be worried that this was relegation form.

I'll take some responsibility for the game against Sable, we were getting a bit over confident and our formation was too attacking, and when we went a goal down I pushed to get back on level terms and it cost us. Fovu and Astres are both much better teams and whilst at the start of the season I'd have been targetting a point from both of these games luck just wasn't on our side.

We need to turn this around quickly and regain some confidence!

A good win to put us into the 4th round, it was certainly needed to restore our fragile confidence after the last 3 games and hopefully it will allow us to turn things around in the league.

However the draw for the next round has not been kind, and we'll need to put in a hell of a performance against Coton to make it to the Quarter Finals

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

I know what its like to be outclassed at times, had a run similar to yours in my first season managing Telstar in the Dutch top flight sitting pretty in 3rd after 10 played with my fiddly 3250 seater stadium ,5000-1 title odds , predicted to finish dead bottom and took 6th place last day of the season(with a european place) and embarrassing all the big boys all season with their 40k+ stadiums , you can do something similar im sure :D

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-3-1.png

A decent recovery of form after 3 straight losses leaves us in 3rd place at the season mid-point but the teams are bunched up and 3rd - 8th place are separated by only 3 points. KSA are the shock package this season though and are pushing Coton Sport all the way for the title!

We should really have beaten Mont Cameroun, being 1-0 up when they had a player harshly sent off. We failed to capitalise on this however and they equalised on the break with 10 minutes to go. I pushed all my players forward and with 3 minutes to go took the lead again, only for them to immediately go down the other end and level the scores once again! Luck swapped sides though in our game against Brasseries when we were plain awful, and the sending off of Koutan for an awful scything scissor tackle on two of their players at the same time didn't improve matters - however despite this we got one lucky breaky and managed to slam one past their keeper to take the 3 points.

PS. The fans are disappointed by the less than exciting football that we've been playing - what more do they expect of me!

A great win in the cup against a weakened Coton Sport team who only fielded 3 first team players...... Next up is a home tie against Mont Cameroun who we haven't lost to in the last 3 meetings between the clubs. I still therefore have a chance of meeting my expectations and reaching the semi-finals!

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-5-1.png

The annual update to Competition rankings have just been released and the Elite One have dropped 9 places compared to other African competitions and are now 22nd!! we're even below the second division of the Egyptian league. No wonder KSA and ourselves have been able to do so well since being promoted, there obviosuly is just no strength or depth in the league

A relatively quiet month, as domestic football stopped whilst the African Cup of Nations was on in Nigeria, but a decent set of results for us. The loss to Coton Sport was the only black mark against us, but we played really well and were only beaten by a wonder goal by them. We easily overcame Panthere du Nde who really are struggling and have no chance of avoiding relegation, followed by a good win against a rapidly improving (although still well of the pace of last season) Union Douala.

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

We also managed to keep our run going in the cup, with yet another clean sheet. We've dran Tiko Utd at home in the semi's and I have a good record against them, so I've got my eye on a first ever final....... The other semi matches up KSA away to Cetef from the 2nd division, so it could be a final between the 2 promoted sides this season?

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

A mixed month in February, a good start against Tiko Utd (my upcoming opponents in the cup semi-final) was followed by yet another unexplainably poor performance against Sable. We were 2-0 within 15 minutes to weak goals conceeded from set pieces and they scroed yet another before half time. We eventually managed to get a consolation goal but Sable are rapidly becoming my bitter rivals!

Fortunately we didn't see the rapid downturn in form that we did the last time we lost to Sable and responded with a good away draw against KSA (which so nearly could have been a win if we'd have finished better) and a 1-0 win away to Fovu who have been plummetting down the table in recent weeks and find themselves just above the relegation zone.

BamboutosFCdeMboudaFixtures_Fixtures-3-2.png

Things are starting to look mightily tight at the top of the table with 6 games to go. Top 2 qualify for the CAF Champions Leage with the next 2 going into the Confederations Cup.

EliteOneOverview_Stages-1.png

One youngster worth signing up this season with a 2 and a half star potential - does look as though he could become a decent central defender though with some significant improvements to his strength. The aggression rating suggest he may see a few red cards in his career!

BamboutosFCdeMboudaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-2.png

RodrigueHamanYP4Overview_Profile.png

Our build up this game was less than perfect with a difficult game just 3 days beforehand, which ended in a defeat with 2 of our best players picking up suspensions for accumulation of yellow cards. In addition we had another 5 regular first - team players out injured, so to say I was looking forward to a comfortable game was a long way from the truth! Having said that we'd never previously lost to Tiko Utd.

Nevertheless, despite our injury problems, this performance by my team was not acceptable!

BamboutosvTikoUtdInformation_Overviewv2.png

.......so ends our cup adventure this year, I have to feel some satisfaction at meeting my pre-season expectations, but to have got so close to the final and then to lose in this way is a bitter pill.

In another twist, if Tiko Utd go on to win the final then they will claim one of the 2 CAF Confederations Cup places, meaning that I will need to finish in 3rd place to qualify - and given my list of injuries and recent form that is looking a remote possibility!

brand.gif

Chile_Paul's Career - Season Review - 2012/13 - Bamboutos FC

Elite One League - 5th place

I really don't know how I feel about this season. At the kick off of Match Day 1 I'd have been delighted to know that I'd secured 5th place, but after that winning streak of 5 games without conceeding I was certain we could qualify for the continental competitions. On the final day of the season it came down to needing a win against Renaissance (who would be relgated if they failed to win) and hoping Astres failed to win against KSA in order to secure 3rd place. KSA needed to beat Astres and hoped Coton Sport dropped points to take the title. Depending on results elsewhere if I failed to beat Renaissance I could finish anywhere between 4th and 7th.....

At the end of the day, Astres hammerred KSA to hand the title to Coton Sport and secure a place in the Confederations Cup next season, and we only just managed to pick up a point against Renaissace, condemning them to relegation with the last kick of the game.

So, in summary, we secured a good top half position, but we had the potential to do better and it is gutting to see both of the teams I was promoted with finish above me.......

Final League Table

Transfers

Plenty of movement both in and out of the team as my wage budget increased massively. Only a few members of the team that saw me promoted last season, secured regular first team football. Some of the new arrivals, especially the players aged above 32 who were intended to bring experience into the squad, failed to deliver and will be moved on.

Star signing - A tough race between Francis Ze in midfield and Moussa Nassourou my star striker. Both had prolific starts to the season and were clearly both racing to be top goalscorer, unfortunately as our form dipped the goals from these 2 players were at the root of the cause. At the end of the day however, Ze continued to be consistent in midfield even though he wasn't scoring regularly and it is on that basis he is recognised as a top signing and top player of the season

Finances

The bank balance does not look pretty and I reckon the board will be significantly tightening my wage budget next season, we're now closed to £300k in the red. We desperately need to increase our attendances and hopefully our measly £1 ticket price

Squad

An acceptable performance, but didn't live up to the hype and potential shown in the first month of the season.

Player of the Season - Francis Ze - Our goalie Tchapada pushed him all the way and was a rock at the back for us, but in the end the consistency and the goals early in the season see the award going to Ze

Team of the Year

Next Season?

I was very tempted not to renew my contract, I think Bamboutos will need a long term investment and effort to turn into regular champions and I'm getting itchy feet with all these other leagues calling me - but after a lot of thought I agreed to extend for 1 further season..........

World Football News

Headlines

• In African International football
    Cameroon
    manager Javier Clemente was not at all popular with Cameroon fans as his team failed to qualify for the final stages of the Arfican Cup of Nations, with his team knocked out in the final qualifying round 4-3 by Kenya.
    Ivory Coast
    also failed to qualify for the tournament which was eventually won by Mali who defeated The Congo 5-1 in the final

• English manager
    Fabio Capello
    shocked English fans as he dramatically resigned from his post mid-way through the qualification for the 2014 World Cup and retired from football. England U-21 manager
    Stuart Pearce
    was promoted to the managers position and after a poor first game which resulted in only a 1-1 draw against footballing minnows Austria has set about his task for ensuring qualification with a home draw against Poland and a comfortable win against San Marino. Qualification for the finals is less than certain with England trailling unbeaten group leaders Ukraine by 7 points.

• 2011/12 Serie A champions and TIM Cup winners
    Inter
    set about a significant squad re-building job, spending no less than £56m on players at the start of the season including the purchase of
    Robert Huth
    from Stoke for £11.25m and
    Christopher Samba
    from Balckburn for £20.5m. This investment wasn't sufficient to secure a second conscutive title however and Inter finished in 3rd place trailling eventual league champions and bitter rivals AC Milan

• English clubs saw transfer records break frequently as players came and left - as well as selling Samba to Inter, Blackburn also saw
    Martin Olsson
    leave to becomer
    Wolves'
    most expensive player of all time for £10m on a weekly wage of £44k. Newcastle also saw a record transfer income as Chieck Tiote left to join Real Madrid, Papiss Cisse moved to FC Bayern and Hatem Ben Arfa moved to West Ham

• Tottenham Hotspur
    had a shocking season which saw them come perilously close to relegation, and only a great run of wins in the last month of the season saw manager
    Alex McLeish
    , who replaced
    Harry Redknapp
    in January, secure Premier League survival. Aston Villa who had previously sacked McLeish poached
    Paul Lambert
    from
    Norwich
    and finished in 7th place, whilst Norwich moved to appoint unheard of young manager Chris Smith. Smith, who had until a few months previously been employed as a journeyman striker for York City in the Blue Square Premier thrived in the role and eventually secured 11th place for the Canaries.

• Fulham
    boss Martin Laudrup announced his resignation, citing unreconcilable differences with chairman Mohammed Al Fayed and a lack of financial support. Fulham moved to appoint ex Australian international
    Scott Chipperfield
    for his first managerial role, but this appointment back-fired sensationally with Fulham dropping like a stone into the relegation zone with heavy losses to Chelsea and Everton in the last 2 games. Fulham will be joined by
    Sunderland
    and
    Ipswich
    in the Championship next season following one of the toughest relegation battles ever, with 39 points required to secure safety.

• In continental football,
    Real Madrid
    were embarassed in the
    World Club cup
    , seeing defeat to Japanese club Vissel who went on to lift the trophy. Real Madrid will get the opportunity to redeem themselves next season however following winning the Champions League after a 2-0 victory over
    Liverpool
    . The Europa league was won by
    PSG
    on penalties with
    Maourane Fellaini
    stepping up to score the winning penalty against
    Arsenal

• In Africa, Egyptian side Al-Ahly dominated their 2 legged final over fellow Egyptian side Zamalek eventually running away with the title in a 9-1 victory. Egypt made it a clean sweep of trophies with Ismaily winning the Confederations Cup after a 4-3 aggregate win over South Africans Ajax CT

• It was the end of an era for English football at the end of the season as
    Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger
    and
    Kenny Dalglish
    all retired from football. They have been replaced by
    Carlo Ancelotti
    at Man Utd,
    Huub Stevens
    at Arsenal and
    Marcelo Bielsa
    at Liverpool - only time will tell whether they are able to replicate the successes of their pre-decessors

I think you should definitely be very pleased.

Maybe, grudgingly, determined to do better this season......

In the meantime, my captain has announced his intended retirement at the end of the coming season - a shame as he's managed to maintain his performances in the top league and is a regular first teamer.

PaulScholeyNews_Inbox-3-5.png

Roll of Honour

Premier League

2011/12 - 1st Liverpool 2nd Man City 3rd Man United

2012/13 - 1st Man City 2nd Man United 3rd Liverpool

FA Cup

2011/12 - Winners Aston Villa Runners-Up Brighton

2012/13 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Stoke

League Cup

2011/12 - Winners Man Utd Runners-Up Watford

2012/13 - Winners Derby Runners-Up Arsenal

Champions League