Steam servers are too busy Error code (53)

I have a problem with Steam following the new update. The update downloads, and completes to 100%. Then I get the message ' The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request for Football Manager 2012. Error Code (53)'

I have tried verifying integrity of cache and restarting, and get the same message.

Please can someone help?

I have exactly the same issue. This is my first steam connection post patch release. I never have any FM problems nor any steam issues so this is a first

I've also tried the same "fix" elements as mentioned above as standard including renaming the blob file so it gets recreated

We'll need to wait for someone from SI to help us

SI please help us

It appears as if its installing the patch, gets to the end then comes up with the nonsense ertror mentione above. Surely SI or someone else has encountered this and can get us going please :)

i have the same and i've got to be honest if any SI people are reading these, PLEASE STOP FORCING US THROUGH STEAM!!!!! it is such a frustrating thing to use and simply puts me off buying any future games (and i've had every one since CM italia, but nothing has put me off as much as this version)

and PLEASE nobody say verify the blooming Cache stuff, we've tried it, tried it 2-3-4-5 times it doesn't work!!

if the next FM forces you through steam whether you have CD or not it will seriously make me think on buying it.

but will keep eye out here incase a solution is somehow found.

• Administrators

Okay if you've tried verifying your game cache and it hasn't worked try this:

1. Exit Steam entirely.

2. Browse to your Steam installation (Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\)

3. Rename the "steamapps" folder to "old_steamapps"

4. Re-launch Steam and re-install the game.

5. Once the installation is complete, test the issue.

6. If the issue is not resolved, you can rename the folder back to avoid having to re-install other games.

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Same problem happening with me and I have tried everything from reinstalling to verify cache. This is an absolute bloody joke I most certainly did not purchase FM12 for €49.00(at time of purchase)to not be able to play it because a steam server is too busy. I just want to play MY game that I have paid for without having to be told I cant because of steam surely that is not too much to ask?? This is an absolute joke I am seriously not happy can someone from SI please point me in the direction of customer services so I can get a refund.

Download is in progress. I'll update you

I really dont want to redownload everything as this will blow even my big download limit. I cant help feeling disappointed that this is the solutiion....its akin to using a sledgehammer to open a nut. Steam and SI really do need to find a better way of resolving these type of issue. I dont get this on any other game. The FM patches are infrequent compared to thoise on other steam games so clearly the FM method has major issues. Not jumping on the i hate steam bandwagon as I do like it but for FM its just not working all the time

I appreciate you are only try to help me so I am grateful for that Brocky

Archived