Davey Boy

New update on FM12 and my anti-virus picks up a virus and it won't fully load from steam

9 posts in this topic

Can you upload the image to photobucket or similar please, some of the adverts on the website you chose are a bit dubious.

Though you might not need to upload them again really. You're not actually getting a virus, it's just that a lot of anti virus programs mistake Steam's behaviour for the behaviour of a computer virus. False positive.

Can you upload the image to photobucket or similar please, some of the adverts on the website you chose are a bit dubious.

Though you might not need to upload them again really. You're not actually getting a virus, it's just that a lot of anti virus programs mistake Steam's behaviour for the behaviour of a computer virus. False positive.

My apologies, yes i will.

th_FMVirus.jpg

it's clearly not a virus, I suggest closing your anti virus until the update has finished downloading

You should also set up your anti virus software so that when its scanning it ignores the fm & steam folders which I think would help.

I use avast and had something similar a while back, steam seems to generate 'false positives.' That or its the work of the devil as some would suggest :p

Cant imagine it is a true virus as we would all have heard about it- as was said above, some antivirus applications can pick up the wrong signals from a programme and this looks like one of those.