*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

• Administrators
Anyone help with the above post ?

Do you have auto save turned on? Is there a chance it tried to auto save whilst you were on holiday and crashed therefore causing the game to be corrupted and no longer able to load? Let me know, thanks.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Ive done that, rebooted the PC twice and same issue. Also have checked the processes in Task Manager. Usually when I log into windows the option of going online or offline mode appears. This also doesnt appear anymore. Cant get into Steam, Editor or the game

Also went to source file in teh C Drive, same issue.

ERROR: Steam.exe (main exception): To run Steam. you must first be connected to the Internet

• Administrators
Yeah Ive done that, rebooted the PC twice and same issue. Also have checked the processes in Task Manager. Usually when I log into windows the option of going online or offline mode appears. This also doesnt appear anymore. Cant get into Steam, Editor or the game

Also went to source file in teh C Drive, same issue.

ERROR: Steam.exe (main exception): To run Steam. you must first be connected to the Internet

Open steam program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam) and delete everything except steam.exe and steamapps. Run steam.exe. This should resolve the issue.

One slight addition: Please send the notifications when players and staff retire one week before they actually do. So that we can still browse their profile at that point and decide whether we would like to keep their history in case we have forgotten to do so earlier.

Do you have auto save turned on? Is there a chance it tried to auto save whilst you were on holiday and crashed therefore causing the game to be corrupted and no longer able to load? Let me know, thanks.

I have auto save turned on to save every day as I used to get lots of crash dumps. I have since changed it to once a week, but still save it after every game to be sure. Since I've done that it hasn't crashed :thup:

dont know if anyone has written about this but when i go onto the 'player search' it goes onto the manager overview then if you click 'search' which is one of the tabs it causes a crash dump. it was working fine before this patch. its not really a 'big' issue for me but i find it hard to find players without the search feature.

dont know if anyone has written about this but when i go onto the 'player search' it goes onto the manager overview then if you click 'search' which is one of the tabs it causes a crash dump. it was working fine before this patch. its not really a 'big' issue for me but i find it hard to find players without the search feature.

It may be related to this problem:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/304195-The-Add-Remove-leagues-problem...

Hi,

My game has just updated. Don't know how as I didn't have 'Keep game updated' ticked and I only ever play in offline mode.

There is an issue with ALL my league tables where only the team at the top of each league is highlighted in a different colour

All other places in the table have the same colour.

Now I don't know which teams are in play-off places, who qualifies for which european cups etc.

Very frustrating, especially as I didn't want the update anyway.

I'm sure there are other bugs too but I don't think I'm going to carry on with FM12 or future releases until I have the option of not using Steam just like the good ol' day

Sounds odd. Promotion/Relegation highlighting still shows up fine here with the latest patch. Maybe report it as a bug if it's still the same next season after the reset date? By the way, you can see how many continental qualification spots a country has on the World > Nations > Europe > Qualification Places tab (or equivalent for other regions). I don't think the "EC"/"ECC" text appears in the league tables until the team is confirmed to make (at least) that position.

I tried to keep the game offline to avoid stealth updates, but Steam just didn't let me do that, and now I apparently have gotten one, because my transfers are broken.

I now longer can reject individual loan offers, I have to reject all the remaining ones in a bundle.

There are also problems with money transfers. For example, I just tried to sell a player for 160k and when accepting a money transfer for this amount made the decision to reject all transfer offers below this. All then current transfer offers below this were rejected, but as new offers came in, the game didn't turn down those below 160k even when I still had that in the settings. On the contrary, I can now longer reject individual money transfers for this player, only accept or stall them, in their invidual transfer windows and can reject money transfers for this particular player only through the main transfer window, as a bundle.

Sounds odd. Promotion/Relegation highlighting still shows up fine here with the latest patch. Maybe report it as a bug if it's still the same next season after the reset date? By the way, you can see how many continental qualification spots a country has on the World > Nations > Europe > Qualification Places tab (or equivalent for other regions). I don't think the "EC"/"ECC" text appears in the league tables until the team is confirmed to make (at least) that position.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try and finish the season tonight and see what happens. Think I've got about 5 games left.

I know that you can find out who can qualify from each position etc and you are right that the EC text appears when a team has qualified but it is annoying and strange that ALL colours have vanished apart from 1st place only and in EVERY league I have running.

The major diference is that SI people destroy all the tactics for the others patches.

Patch 12.2.2 it´s the worse that i ever played. Even worse than the Diablo tactic patch.

If the SI programers want i tell you all the stupid things that you do with this completly junk.

I say some of them...

I score 110 goals on a season playing with a ultra-defensive mentality, in all players, without strikers. Are you kidding me? ....

Why don´t ultradefensive AMC, ST, AMR or AML go back to defend? With Man to Man marking...a ultra-defensive AMR don´t go with the opponent Full Back when it goes up in the field...Are you f"#"#$ kidding me?

No one in the world takes goals throught a throw in by a 1.50 meter guy header. Are you kidding me?

Weak teams score goals from corners by a 1.50 meter guy in the middle of a 2 towers with more than 2 meters height, Impulsion 20, Heading 20, Aceleration 20 or similar...LOL

Are you kidding me?

Every one of us that pay for this game deserved more than this.

Every patch you launch it´s a new game. A new engine it´s a new game for thoose you spent hours preparing a save to play with certain engine, and you destroy it every single patch!

Now the truth hurts and moderators edit my post.

Ok, i think people are free to write their opinions, but i was wrong.

When SI don´t thinks it´s funny, delete.

We will not accept discussion of piracy on here, the edit was to save you from further hassle, so be warned.

As anybody else noticed there is no news inbox message, for when a team gets relegated from your current league?

I'm subscribed to the League I'm in, but I've noticed it all the way up through the Leagues, that there is no inbox message like there used to be.

Most of the time I only notice a team has been relegated, if I have a player of there's on my shortlist, as they will offer them out to me once they are relegated.

(it's usually the bottom 2 teams I don't realise are relegated straight away.. because I can't see the 24th and 23rd spot on the League table. I need to scroll down).

This issue was fixed in 12.2.0 guys (although I think it may be missing from the changelist - will chase up), but unfortunately due to the nature of it it can only be applied to new saves from then. If you're still seeing an issue in a new save, please let me know.

Just to absolutely clear here as I'm still hoping for a further patch to fix this, this issue has absolutely not been fixed in 12.2.2 not even with a new game.

I have made a thread in the bugs forum on this and SI acknowledge it as a problem still (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/302261-Player-s-from-same-nation-as-club-%28Green-HG%29-on-Euro-Squad-not-working-still!-ARGHHH) but I just want to make sure it doesn't fall through the cracks yet again, I don't think it's fair people should have to buy FM13 for this issue to be fixed given that a very similar if not identical issue was in FM11 (which I also reported and was told would be fixed in FM12) and is still in FM12 long after many patches.

Given that even if this issue is fixed in FM13 it is still probably 7 months away, could SI please make every effort to fix this bug in FM12 asap which absolutely destroys long term games as it makes European squad eligibility a totally lottery.

Any updates would be much appreciated. Thank You for your time

I'm encountering so many bugs on my save, I don't know if I have just been unlucky or what.

From not getting important news messages about injuries (literally when I get injuries now, there is no inbox message about the injury) to no inbox messages about relegation/promotion. I used to get these, but now as my save as gone on (2021) the game is becoming more and more buggy.

(yes I'm subscribed to my League, and I'm auto subscribed to my own team. And I have not changed the subscriptions, apart from accepting the new one's suggested to me, at the start of every season)

Plymouth just scored a penalty against me to go 1-0 up, then the scoreline changed to 0-0? On the match report, the penalty was there and the goal, but the game finished 0-0.

I'm getting lot's of bugs with the player interactions, from strange wage demands (where they demand a lower previous offer, even when the new offer is miles better)

After a bigger team as gone in for them, so I try to change the contract and offer them an higher deal, so there is more chance of them joining me. But they get offended by the new 'higher offer' and if I don't offer them the previous lower demand, they reject joining me.

To players who have tutored each other the past 3 years, have each other on their favourite personnel list, but now the older player decideds 'I don't get on with him' and refuses to. (Even though he still has the player on his favoured personnel list)

When I get players requesting a transfer because they are unhappy (for various reasons) when ever I offer them out and tick the 'transfer list and set to not needed'

I'm forever getting 'doesn't want to leave the club' on their concerns, as soon as I do this.

To playing League Two playoff final's at my own stadium instead of Wembley or a neutral venue, to getting press conference questions of 'a win will secure promotion for your team, are you nervous?'

When we have no chance of promotion, and a win will secure the play offs... not promotion.

To the flaws of the valuation system, where if you offer a player out, and it says we are looking for a different offer.

E.g I offer a 4 star keeper out, who's valued at £140k, lots of Premier League teams are interested, but the news item says we are looking for a fee in the region of £75k.

Then guess what, all non negotiable £75k offers come in. Surely Premier League teams would pay more, if I could just be able to negoiate. This always happens though, when you see the inbox message saying your looking for a lower fee than

a. what the player is worth.

b. than what you offered him out for.

I read on a fansite that somebody who had this same issue, the player had an high ca but low valuation. He was worth 850k, but the offers were 375k.

So he changed the players valuation with a save game editor, to £1.5 million. (just the valuation, nothing else) Offered him out again, and this time he got an offer of 1.2 million.

Not sure if this is true or not.

I could keep going on and on, and I appolgise if it seems like I'm having a good old moan, I just feel really unlucky.

This is the only time since CM4 and FM09, where I just can't enjoy a longterm save at all.

I so can't wait for FM13.

- Fixed issue where the game would create too many scout reports, sometimes resulting in missing reports, runtime errors or a crash

I would like to know how much testing went into this fix. I started a save on 12.2.0 with a player count of ~70k player count. Its the middle of 2018 and in the player search I have 120k+ players currently in my scouting and knowledge range. I have removed some leagues to help with processing times and accessing the player search but its still slow enough, especially in preseason.

SI, feedback would be appreciated here

I would like to know how much testing went into this fix. I started a save on 12.2.0 with a player count of ~70k player count. Its the middle of 2018 and in the player search I have 120k+ players currently in my scouting and knowledge range. I have removed some leagues to help with processing times and accessing the player search but its still slow enough, especially in preseason.

SI, feedback would be appreciated here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/304195-The-Add-Remove-leagues-problem...?p=7748734#post7748734

You will have to rewind to OP.

I have had real problems since this patch getting parent/feeder clubs.

My Peterborough team are Premier League champions and yet I can still ask for a parent club (havent used this file in a few weeks so it may have been patched since)

Now my solihull moors team are in the BSN, but despite the board always agreeing with my request to get a parent club, they come back saying that they dont think its necessary a few weeks later.

Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of getting a parent club?

Hello everybody:

I had some problems with my computer and I had to reinstall the game and steam, but to my astonishment, I had no chance to choose which update to install, having just installed version 12.2.2! My question is: How can I re-install version 12.1.1? thank you

Hello everybody:

I had some problems with my computer and I had to reinstall the game and steam, but to my astonishment, I had no chance to choose which update to install, having just installed version 12.2.2! My question is: How can I re-install version 12.1.1? thank you

You cannot. Choice has been removed.

3 years on, still every time I ask for a parent club in boardroom meeting the Chairman thinks its a great idea, then comes back 2 weeks later saying he sees no point.

Even aside from the discussion of whether or not I should get a feeder club, the Chairman shouldnt agree its a great idea then say there is no point, he should give some other reason, the two messages contradict each other stupidly.

Secondly, why can't I get a parent club! What can I do to increase chances?

• 3 weeks later...

When I open FM2012 using Steam, then click on Preferences from the menu, it says version 12.1.1 - but isn't the latest update 12.2.2? Steam is set to automatically update and I don't have it in offline mode, so I'm not sure why it hasn't updated.

When I open FM2012 using Steam, then click on Preferences from the menu, it says version 12.1.1 - but isn't the latest update 12.2.2? Steam is set to automatically update and I don't have it in offline mode, so I'm not sure why it hasn't updated.

Try changing the Steam download location.

Affiliates - as mentioned not too long ago. I believe that those with high rep clubs from the start can attract feeders ok. I was a third division German team - now in top flight and finished in top 3 for 3 seasons. However, even if the board agree to look for a feeder club, they can never find one. I have about a dozen leagues loaded. In 5 years I've managed to get a tiny team from Switzerland. Is this related to the reputation issue that people find affect a number of areas of the game? I'm rated as continental, but have not been given the option to find an affiliate. As such, it feels broken. £30 million in the bank, improving in all areas, but the board still can't find me any feeder club.

Perhaps another reputation issue - been in Europe for 3-4 seasons now - finally in Champ League. Ground holds 10,000 and sells out most league games. In last two seasons I've played Barcelona and Real Madrid - attendance for both just over 2,000. Where are my fans????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can someone give me an example how can find out if I have patch 12.2 or lower. I have one save from pc on usb but I dont have pc next to me, so Im not sure is that save game made before update to 12.2 or after.

I need only one difference between 12.2 and lower!

Thanks!

Archived