*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

Anybody noticed that it is much harder to sell players? I am Athletic Bilbao, and cannot sell a single junk player.

I've noticed that also. I've now started two save games since the patch came out and haven't managed to shift a single unwanted player, even at vasty reduced asking prices.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What happened to Lucas Andersen from Denmark ? Loved him, and was in FM12 first version. Just started a new game with 12.2 and he wasnt there.

I'm only guessing, but perhaps he's had his reputation reduced? You might need to load a larger database to get him now. Just a suggestion, really. I may be wrong.

2 cards are still shown (sometimes) when only one is given.

I've seen two yellow cards next to each other (only one yellow was given in the whole match)

Also there's still the issue with two or three red cards shown on top of each other. When two red cards are shown on top of each other a 2 match ban is given and when 3 red cards are shown a 3 match ban is given.

I've made a fresh reinstall of FM12 on a brand new PC so there can't be any leftovers from previous patches.

I still get this - the only time I got just the one red card shown, it was for a second booking, and the yellow was not shown. Out of 4 red cards, all have been shown incorrectly so far (3 straight reds shown as 2 or 3 and one second yellow with only the red shown).

Is it just me or since the new patch is England unavailable when starting a new game on Steam? And I don't mean the international side I mean the whole country. Can't go any English League team as there is a yellow warning triangle next to a greyed out England on the leagues selection screen.

Is it just me or since the new patch is England unavailable when starting a new game on Steam? And I don't mean the international side I mean the whole country. Can't go any English League team as there is a yellow warning triangle next to a greyed out England on the leagues selection screen.

Are you using any edited database's ?

Yeah but whether selected or not still no English Leagues. Will have to try deleting them completely I guess.

Only thing i can think it would be, what the actual warning message ? dose it say something like there's not enough teams in a certain league or something ?

No just a yellow triangle with England greyed out. Have got the English Leagues database of all the non-leagues downloaded so that must be what's causing it.

Yeah it will be if something was slightly changed in patch 12.2 it will conflict with file your using

Is it just me or has the 'match speed' slider changed in terms of the actual speed the game is shown at? Just put it as far right as it'll go (so as fast as it should go), and it seems alot slower than the previous fastest speed on the las version before the patch.

The first few game that I've played after the patch I noticed 2 things:

1. The offside bug (at least I believe it was a bug) that occurs after you take a free kick/corner that got called whether or not the player was offside is fixed... ty ty!

2. Keepers seems more willing to run up to intercept loose ball versus before keeper just stand there watching the opposition player took it even though he could've gotten it first.... major improvement! thanks!

Hopefully there'll be more improvement that I notice as I play along

Yup, was an Editor Data Files problem. On Choose Database screen ticked the 'change' box. Then unselected the incompatible League add-on database in the 'Editor Data Files' screen. Cheers Wally.

:) .......... :thup:

Hi Henry, thanks once again for the response. The allocation fund definitely did not go up for either one. After the first event I was a bit confused so I paid close attention to the sale and checked my allocation funds every day for 3 days before and after the sale with no change. The sale was to an external (Mexican) club by the way, not another MLS club. My thought after the first one was that since I had qualified for the NACL by winning the Open Cup perhaps I was not receiving this allocation money properly. That did not fully make sense however since I had not received any allocation money at the time of the Open Cup win.

I have saved games before both events. The first event (winning the league and qualifying for NACL) has a save game just before the championship match and so will require winning the match. The other save game is about 15 days before the transfer goes through however the league is in offseason at this point so not much happens between. Where and how would you like me to upload these save games?

EDIT: Nope, not playing as a Canadian team. I'm playing as the Red Bulls. I just had a coach headhunted away with better wage promises and, according to the alert, should have had 2/3 of that fee go towards allocation as well. Once again, though, the allocation budget stayed steady at 350,000 (where it has been since the season ended).

Details of how to upload saves for us can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276597-FTP-Instructions

Both those saves sound perfect for me to look at (is the Mexican transfer already arranged? If not could I please get the name of the player you bought as well?)

If you have one from before the coach is poached, that would be good too.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I have problem with patch 12.2.0. I created a new party, at the begining of the season i have first press conférence but in season i don't have before or after press conf game.

I tryed to reinstal game, i tryed to play with diférent skin, etc...

Is it just me or has the 'match speed' slider changed in terms of the actual speed the game is shown at? Just put it as far right as it'll go (so as fast as it should go), and it seems alot slower than the previous fastest speed on the las version before the patch.

Not just you,i have this problem as well.

What happened to Lucas Andersen from Denmark ? Loved him, and was in FM12 first version. Just started a new game with 12.2 and he wasnt there.

I can confirm that he is still a pretty awesome prospect. My Bundesliga scouts rated him as having 4.5 star potential.

I have noticed this as well.

Is anyone else have issues seeing match ratings now in windowed mode? It's only for attacking mids and strikers though it appears. It seems like the text boxes are smaller. (I did a search and didn't find anything)

Screenshot2012-03-08at102943PM.png

Hi Guys,

Is there any potential fix for this issue?

It seems like the grey bar that displays a player's role is narrower for players in the AM and ST lines than the other players. I have tried clearing my cache but that did not fix it.

Regards

Shiraz

i got the update on steam. the thing is, i now can't search for players. whenever i click on 'search', nothing happens, then the game crashes, and this comes out in a pop-up window:

---------------------------

Application Error

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\crash dumps\FM 2012 v12.2.0.256784 (2012.03.10 20.17.34).dmp

OK

help!

Can I upload a crash log I found a bug, game crashes when trying to go to the player search screen just started a new career with Leicester City on the lastest patch/data update!!>???

i got the update on steam. the thing is, i now can't search for players. whenever i click on 'search', nothing happens, then the game crashes, and this comes out in a pop-up window:

Im getting the EXACT same error as the below poster posted in the below post!!!.

Application Error

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\crash dumps\FM 2012 v12.2.0.256784 (2012.03.10 20.17.34).dmp

OK

help!

I play serie A team and find out the co-owned player that currently play in other club cannot be moved to different squad

Ex: juraj kucka is in first team, there is no 'squad' option in order to move him to reserve squad

Is anybody able to tell me what on earth all that gunk is at the bottom of this screen shot is? In asking that though this only seems to be coming up with my assistant managers/coaches yet it seems to be fine with my scouts :confused:

RMjHP.jpg

Also, this may be a silly thing to ask but can anybody tell me if I NEED to download and install the Resource Archiver and Editor as well. This is the first time I've downloaded a game from Steam and any time I have installed from disc in previous versions it obviously installs all that automatically.

Anyone got any clues to my question at all?

Also, does anyone have a problem with setting a reminder when making a note in Notepad? I have just tried to set a date for a specific note to myself and when I click on Confirm it doesn't save the reminder date - it just goes back to saying No Reminders Set :confused:

Details of how to upload saves for us can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276597-FTP-Instructions

Both those saves sound perfect for me to look at (is the Mexican transfer already arranged? If not could I please get the name of the player you bought as well?)

If you have one from before the coach is poached, that would be good too.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Henry, thanks once again for the info. A zip file with 3 games has been uploaded under the name "thedoe_allocation-not-received.zip". The first save game is just before winning the championship and named "NYRB - Before Championship Game.fm". The second save game, named "NYRB - Before Dax Trade on Dec 20.fm", is after winning the title and about a month before the sale has been processed. The sale is already setup and is for Dax McCarty set to take place on December 20th, 2013 game time. The final save game is named "NYRB - Before Coach Poach.fm". I honestly don't remember when after this point my coach was snagged but I don't believe it was too far after.

One thing to note is that taking control of the team is protected by a password. If you need me to remove this please let me know how that can be done and I will re-upload the games without the password. I did not see any instructions on that in the "FTP Instructions" post so I am hoping you are able to get around it.

Please let me know if there is any other information, files, or anything else I can provide to help out in debugging this issue. As someone who works in support myself I greatly appreciate the work you all are doing and the level of care and responsiveness the SI team has put into even just this patch release forum. This is the first time I have ever owned Football Manager and I must say I'm impressed - very addicted, and impressed. Thanks once again for all you are doing to help out.

Anyone got any clues to my question at all?

Also, does anyone have a problem with setting a reminder when making a note in Notepad? I have just tried to set a date for a specific note to myself and when I click on Confirm it doesn't save the reminder date - it just goes back to saying No Reminders Set :confused:

The "gunk" looks like XML. It is used in a lot of programming to store small data structures. I am guessing there is an extra symbol (like a quote or >) in there somewhere throwing off the parsing mechanism. Sorry, but no ideas about the rest.

So is the patch worth getting or something to avoid?

From reading the thread, it looks like it's a disaster but not sure if that's really the case..

All patch threads read like this! If you are continuing a save game from the Greek league, or if you would be upset by Turkish league champion winning managers not getting their stats updated, or if you use files from the editors hideaway that are not compatible with the new patch - then don't update.

If you are starting a new game, and/or don't use edited files, you should be fine.

Ok it seems to be taking too long (at least for me) to resolve this fgn thing... can we at least have a date estimation on when it will be fixed?? Oh and some directions on how to revert to the previous version would be nice while we wait

Ok it seems to be taking too long (at least for me) to resolve this fgn thing... can we at least have a date estimation on when it will be fixed?? Oh and some directions on how to revert to the previous version would be nice while we wait

SI never gives estimations on patch dates, and there' no way to revert to a prevous version.

Archived