*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

Ok, thanks.

I may just risk it then.

Its happening when you use custom skins Barkermush. I'm using the default dark for now till when/if it gets sorted out.

Could anyone please tell me where the hall_of_fame.dat is, I made a thread about 2 hours ago and still no reply.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Its happening when you use custom skins Barkermush. I'm using the default dark for now till when/if it gets sorted out.

Yep, that seems to be the case unfortunately - using one of the default skins will be fine :thup:

Could anyone please tell me where the hall_of_fame.dat is, I made a thread about 2 hours ago and still no reply.

Yep, that seems to be the case unfortunately - using one of the default skins will be fine :thup:

I see, cheers.

I can make do with the default dark skin, untill it get's sorted... I Don't want to wait any longer to let my game update.

you can find the Hall_of_fame.dat at: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012

Check your public documents folder (Windows 7)/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012.

• Administrators
I can't join my online clan game, worked perfectly before the update. I am getting a crash dump after I resume control :(

Is everyone else able to resume control? Have you added any custom graphics/logos etc? Have you used FMRTE at all?

Can you try verifying your game cache for me and see if this helps? Details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Is everyone else able to resume control? Have you added any custom graphics/logos etc? Have you used FMRTE at all?

Can you try verifying your game cache for me and see if this helps? Details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Yes everyone else is in and playing. I haven't added anything new no and I don't use FMRTE at all, I will try verifying and let you know.

I'm still in the process of installing the patch etc, before starting a new game, Has there been any CA/PA adjustments for players? I'm hoping so as I'd love to see Phil Jones, Tom Cleverley, Welbeck, Sturridge and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain especially get the stat increases they deserve.

I'm still in the process of installing the patch etc, before starting a new game, Has there been any CA/PA adjustments for players? I'm hoping so as I'd love to see Phil Jones, Tom Cleverley, Welbeck, Sturridge and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain especially get the stat increases they deserve.

You realize players don't get bumps just for playing well for half a season right....yes I'm sure older more established players will have their CA/PAs tweaked a little bit, but for the most part youth like the ones you mentioned should remain about the same.

I read somewhere that they take players performances over seasons - not over half a season.

You realize players don't get bumps just for playing well for half a season right....yes I'm sure older more established players will have their CA/PAs tweaked a little bit, but for the most part youth like the ones you mentioned should remain about the same.

I read somewhere that they take players performances over seasons - not over half a season.

Neymar and Phil Jones have had their PA improved in 12.2

Yes there have been adjustments. Welbeck, Cleverley and the Ox all look to have improved, Sturridge and Jones look around the same sort of standard but have had a few stats changed to reflect the positions they have been playing in.

Yes everyone else is in and playing. I haven't added anything new no and I don't use FMRTE at all, I will try verifying and let you know.

Verifying hasn't worked either, I'm still getting a crash dump.

At last the problem where the search list on a scout report would keep reverting back to the top when you went back to it has been fixed. That's annoyed me for years now!

Well that is a shame if so because i believe the players mentioned all merit an increase on their stats as they have already shown that they have improved vastly since last season, and it's a shame not being able to have the players replicate their ability they have shown IRL this season in the game.

I'm playing a network match with my pal and he doesn't have any match controls.

Also, it comes up saying "Team A accepts bids from loads of teams and ME" but really they rejected my bid.

Finally, "Team A offers PLAYER to ME" and I reject and then it comes up in the next news item "Team A reject MY offer for PLAYER". Erm, nope!

e: heavily favoured against a team and prematch I tell them to go out and dominate. It upsets a few people. So I speak to them individually and assertively tell them I have faith in them. It upsets more. At HT I encourage them while winning 1-0 and it upsets some players. Finally at FT and a win I tell them well done... it upsets them more.

Does the patch go through any beta testing as all these things would be spotted in pre season...

I got tackled in the box and the defenders slide put the ball he took off me rolled into the net... and disallowed it for a "dive". What in the ****? You sure you didn't balls up the ME?

I got tackled in the box and the defenders slide put the ball he took off me rolled into the net... and disallowed it for a "dive". What in the ****? You sure you didn't balls up the ME?

Sounds fine to me, the foul (you're player diving) stopped play before the ball had crossed the line.

AS Monaco have a new Russian tycoon owner as of a couple months ago....Is he included in this update??? I am looking forward to rebuilding Monaco from Ligue 2 cellar dwellers to a french league powerhouse!!!

I'm just starting a PSG hoping to make them a European force and see that Monaco HAVE got the new owner.

2012-03-08_00001.jpg

The goal should have stood and maybe retrospectively he should have got booked for diving since the goal was a goal unrelated to my dive.

No the goal shouldn't stand, your players dive being called for a foul signals the end of that passage of play. What is hard to understand about this situation?

I have a few questions. Perhaps I'm paranoid or reading too much into the game, I don't know.

1) Have you edited any player preferred moves?

I think I see a few changes, but I'm not sure because obviously I can't look back at the old game.

2) Have you adjusted positions that players feel comfortable playing in. (Coloured dots on pitch - green, orange, red etc)?

Same as above, I feel that a few players have new positions added.

3) Has anything changed within the match engine, at all?

I ask this question because I've been working on a tactic since the weekend and load up the game today. My players are making nowhere near as many passes (I've been testing this by re-loading a certain match against a club for days, analysing screenshots), yet the clear cut chances seem to have increased. (As it is a slow possession tactic, clear cut chances weren't often, but now I'm getting 5-8 clear cut chances per game. Also my playmakers' passing has dropped some 60+ passes - he used to average 150 passes per game, but now struggles to get past 100.) Again, this is after analysing my tactic for 4-5 days straight so I know how it should play out. I'm just finding it slightly weird.

Also I notice players running with the ball and playing through balls more often, even though everything is set to 'rarely'. I know how this tactic works as I've been testing in for hours on end, trying to get things right. In other words my players seem to be playing more expansive football, even though nothing's altered my end. Getting them to play more expansive while still maintaining possession was something I'd been working on you see, yet it seems to have adjusted itself. Either you've altered something, or my version of FM is getting its own conscience.

Like I say, perhaps I'm totally paranoid and picking up on the slightest adjustments, as my playing style and tactical style is fixated with closely watching everything that goes on within the ME, plus slight tweaking of tactical sliders. Perhaps I just need a break! :lol:

• Administrators
This new patch ruined my save. I've got 4 players who were naturalized and were considered Russian. Now, all of them are considered foreign. Thanks SI for adding the new stupid foreign rules to RPL.

We only added real life rules I'm afraid.

We only added real life rules I'm afraid.

I know. It was more of a sarcastic post. I'm actually glad it's implemented now. It'll be interesting to see how AI teams will adapt to the sudden mid-season change of rules and it adds some extra challenge.

Guess I will have to bring a couple of Russian players in the next transfer window and offload a few foreigners.

Also for me! When you begin a new game Balotelli is listed as avaible for loan and transfer: why? It's a bug? Can you fix it please?

It happens with everyone, really don't understand the logic in this, makes no sense. Bring it up with the Manchester City data issues.

It happens with everyone, really don't understand the logic in this, makes no sense. Bring it up with the Manchester City data issues.

It will be down to his reputation/ current ability/ age etc, being lower than other player's that play in his position.

Ok fanboys go away.

patch is looking good.... lol

That's a well known animation glitch, the ME has correctly assessed that your keeper carries the ball out of his area but the 3D system has no way of showing this.

It will be down to his reputation/ current ability/ age etc, being lower than other player's that play in his position.

No matter his reputation his football ability is very exceptional and should be in the first team, really unrealisitic. At what point this season have they said they would like to loan him out?

• Administrators
the game sets the loan status, not the researchers

Yeah, now Tevez is being selected and the fact I'm assuming in game Man City are playing one up front, he's probably seen by the AI as third/fourth choice so they feel as a prospect they should loan him out. Not ideal I'll admit considering how good he's been this season, we'll look into it.

Also for me! When you begin a new game Balotelli is listed as avaible for loan and transfer: why? It's a bug? Can you fix it please?

yeah also at Newcastle Shola Ameobi is set as the same for loan and transfer, i didn't know he was transfer listed at Newcastle although nobody would probably want him even though he did save us at the weekend :) i also see Michael Owen is the same

After the 12.2.0 patch I have had players return from loan, one of which is a generation adidas player. All loans were to an affiliated feeder club and the salaries should therefore have been included towards my cap already.

When attempting to register my team I realized that generation adidas players are now being counted towards the senior team roster cap and their salaries are being applied to the salary cap. This has put me over the cap limit and I am no longer able to continue with my saved game without dropping the generation adidas player.

CORRECTION: It looks like only a portion of their salary is being counted, around $700 or so. Perhaps this is equivalent to the senior entry level or development contract amount?

When you click on a referees name it now shows their profile and not a view of their previous 10 games. Now I can't see if I should challenge a decision or not.

EDIT: It does does for Premier League games but not Europe.

• SI Staff
Is there a list anywhere of players with changes to their PA etc in this patch?

Cheers :)

There are 1000s of players who have had some change or other in their profile within this update. To make such a list would delay the update considerably!

Archived