*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Official 12.2.1 update thread?

On my FM it says that the current version is 12.2.0

Am I missing something?

You'll have to quit football manager and only start steam (and have an active internet connection) for it to auto update.

Again as with previous updates, you may already have already noticed Steam updating your game automatically (depending on your Steam settings) and once complete you will be running the latest version of the game.

Bear in mind this update includes the latest database, so will be slightly larger than previous updates. Please be patient while the update downloads and automatically installs itself – it may also be worth waiting a few minutes after the download completes before attempting to launch the game.

As stated before the database version is still 12.2.0 so if it shows 12.2.0 when starting a new game that is correct.

EDIT: just saw your second message ;p have fun playing!

What about the fact the game is crashing when you go to player search when you are not using a default skin? This happened after 12.2.0 and after 12.2.1 and is still happening ? Do we still have to use default skin even after new update?

Hi Henry, thanks once again for the info. A zip file with 3 games has been uploaded under the name "thedoe_allocation-not-received.zip". The first save game is just before winning the championship and named "NYRB - Before Championship Game.fm". The second save game, named "NYRB - Before Dax Trade on Dec 20.fm", is after winning the title and about a month before the sale has been processed. The sale is already setup and is for Dax McCarty set to take place on December 20th, 2013 game time. The final save game is named "NYRB - Before Coach Poach.fm". I honestly don't remember when after this point my coach was snagged but I don't believe it was too far after.

One thing to note is that taking control of the team is protected by a password. If you need me to remove this please let me know how that can be done and I will re-upload the games without the password. I did not see any instructions on that in the "FTP Instructions" post so I am hoping you are able to get around it.

Please let me know if there is any other information, files, or anything else I can provide to help out in debugging this issue. As someone who works in support myself I greatly appreciate the work you all are doing and the level of care and responsiveness the SI team has put into even just this patch release forum. This is the first time I have ever owned Football Manager and I must say I'm impressed - very addicted, and impressed. Thanks once again for all you are doing to help out.

Hi Henry, I notice that no information about MLS changes was included in the patch notes. Have you had a chance to look at the saves uploaded? Could this issue only be affecting my save? Should I open this issue in another forum and, if so, which forum? Not being able to receive money for any trades is a major barrier to continuing my save. Especially now that many more players are asking for DP contracts I will have to sell a large number of them off. Doing so without the opportunity to sign new players, since I would have no money, would mean my team would be either empty or full of youth level players.

great, I switched my Steam to not update the game, restarted steam last night and played it until bed time. I get up this morning and steam updates my FM12. Really annpyed. Time to put steam in offline mode.

Got to wait for a new fmrte version now.

Just going to keep Steam in offline mode for now. Having it set to not update FM 2012 never works, never has.

since i earlier made my complaint about the greek league issue, i want to be fair and now say that it seems to me that the game is now much faster, not only after continue but also during match, so well done for the hotfix (the german national team issue, can it be corrected for saved games?)

• Administrators
Just checked the 12.2.1 changelist and it says nothing about FGN players in Turkey, so having them in Turkey is correct then?
Yeah the league rules state the types of nationality which do not count as 'fgn', I think you can have 8 fgn players in a squad.

This grays out all the German/Dutch players again right? Looks like I'll have to start a new save.
I already play with the latest patch and these national teams are still filled with players. Even if the greyed out players would be nominated later on, you should be able to fix that with putting the file you use into the patch directory.

I already play with the latest patch and these national teams are still filled with players. Even if the greyed out players would be nominated later on, you should be able to fix that with putting the file you use into the patch directory.

Yes, I have played 1 match or so since the new patch, and Germany still has real players. I am so scared that when the next international matches come around though, that a team of 'greys' will appear.

If that happens I will be furious.

I posted this in my bug thread too, but I just wanted to say that I'm still experiencing the same C++ Runtime Error with the same save file after 12.2.1 installed.

I'm curious, did this patch solve this issue for anyone else? If so, did you have to do anything special?

I've got mixed feelings about the Russian foreign player rules reverting to previous. It's good because some of my players can now gain Russian nationality in the future, but bad because with the new rules teams like Anzhi were struggling to put a team out.

I'm kind of happy it's changed though overall.

I've got mixed feelings about the Russian foreign player rules reverting to previous. It's good because some of my players can now gain Russian nationality in the future, but bad because with the new rules teams like Anzhi were struggling to put a team out.

I'm kind of happy it's changed though overall.

Anzhi in the game or in real life? ;)

I'm curious, did this patch solve this issue for anyone else? If so, did you have to do anything special?

Are you experiencing a runtime error whilst playing, or when attempting to load your save? Either way if you could upload your save to the FTP and let me know I'll take a look and see if we can fix it in-house and get it back to you.

Anzhi in the game or in real life? ;)

In my game. They only have 5 Russian players in their senior squad, and 3 are goalkeepers. Most of their reserves are foreign as well. Now they get some players who had earned Russian nationality back, and their players will become Russian eventually.

It has to be said that they started the game with a lot of them though, although the AI has made no effort to readdress the balance needed to satisfy the fixture rules.

Not sure if this is linked to the update or not, but assume so. I'm playing on Mac, worked fine a couple of days ago. I now try to open FM and I'm getting a message "you can't open the application fm because it may be damaged or incomplete" and Steam says "The game is currently unavailable. Please try at another time".

Any ideas?

I Had a very specific problem with the FM2012 and I hope to find a solution .

While I was playing Football Manager yesterday , I realise that the RULES in my LEAGUE( Greek Superleague) have been changed.

In this time,I was on 27/7/2019 , the time that transfers were made.

Therefore I find out that while I go to buy a Spanish player , it presents him as a foreign (FOREIGN, FGN) player.

Moreover I click the mouse to SUPERLEAGUE RULES and I see something unreal.

While all this time there was no such problem SUDDENLY almost all the countries treated AS FOREIGN . The result was my whole team ALMOST, seem as FOREIGN players !

In this video you can see the rules in the Greek Superleague.

p.s. My football manager 2012 is not a copy. It's original cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnW97m2HTWQ&feature=youtu.be

Not sure if this is linked to the update or not, but assume so. I'm playing on Mac, worked fine a couple of days ago. I now try to open FM and I'm getting a message "you can't open the application fm because it may be damaged or incomplete" and Steam says "The game is currently unavailable. Please try at another time".

Any ideas?

OK, the message has now changed to "You can't open the application fm because it is not supported on this type of Mac", although it has been working for months. Very bizarre...

I Had a very specific problem with the FM2012 and I hope to find a solution .

While I was playing Football Manager yesterday , I realise that the RULES in my LEAGUE( Greek Superleague) have been changed.

In this time,I was on 27/7/2019 , the time that transfers were made.

Therefore I find out that while I go to buy a Spanish player , it presents him as a foreign (FOREIGN, FGN) player.

Moreover I click the mouse to SUPERLEAGUE RULES and I see something unreal.

While all this time there was no such problem SUDDENLY almost all the countries treated AS FOREIGN . The result was my whole team ALMOST, seem as FOREIGN players !

In this video you can see the rules in the Greek Superleague.

p.s. My football manager 2012 is not a copy. It's original cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnW97m2HTWQ&feature=youtu.be

The issue was fixed with a patch released earlier today, if it hasn't done so already run Steam to install the update.

• Administrators
Since the latest update, I'm getting this message when loading up my latest save.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6033/92873448.jpg

Here is the save game file

http://www.mediafire.com/?rx9fly83h72nayx

Uploaded to FTP under the name of 'nffc nottmlad69'

Cheers I'll make sure this is looked into and someone will get back to you on this, sometime tomorrow morning :)

Yes, I have played 1 match or so since the new patch, and Germany still has real players. I am so scared that when the next international matches come around though, that a team of 'greys' will appear.

If that happens I will be furious.

Next international selection, Germany is full of grey players. Thanks a lot SI. I know about the licensing issues or whatever, but I removed those files in the first place. The patch shouldn't automatically put them back onto my save. That isn't right.

Now I have to start a new save even though I was really enjoying my current one. Now that I know the prices /ratings of players thanks to my scouts, teh game feels cheap and ruined. :thdn::thdn:

Them the breaks, Fred's will get selected once they start populating the game & become first team regulars for their club sides.

If you want to blame anyone send a letter to the DFB, it's their legal team that causes this problem.

Archived