*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

Another thing that might be worth doing is improving Aguero's rating as an AMC, all the way to natural if you want. That will mean that he's considered for a deeper role as well, which might mean more room for Balotelli. I think that's quite a realistic outcome.

i tried and it runs! I set Aguero as AMC and now Balotelli is in first team! Thanks! ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are issues if you're continuing an old game in a couple of leagues and if you have a large number of scouts roaming (compiling a massive amount of scout reports). These are issues we're looking into, but for the majority it's absolutely fine to start a new game. Thanks.

Thank you Neil and you guys keep up the excellent work. In my opinion your attention to the customer needs is outstanding.

why has every cup draw been away for me?

every league cup game - away from home, now at semis and start at home

FA cup 3rd round - away from home.

tedius and irritating, and will not change

Seriously? It's a cup draw. Every time it's done you have a 50/50 shot at being home/away. You've just been unlucky. Plus I guess you're Utd, so you've only had what 4 cup draws max by this stage?

Find an actual problem to moan about, there are enough of them. Hardly tedious or irritating. If after 5 seasons you've never had a cup draw at home, you might have a point. Until then..........

why has every cup draw been away for me?

every league cup game - away from home, now at semis and start at home

FA cup 3rd round - away from home.

tedius and irritating, and will not change

Could you post a copy of your fixtures so we can see this please?

is anything going to be done about the non-eu players in greek league? there's been a whole week now and only indefinite responses from si.

i think that some thousands of players-clients deserve a solution or at least a definite answer, i know that many like me have stalled playing just because they do not want to lose their saved games. as far as i've seen here this problem and the scout reports problem, which does not make the game unplayable, are the main problems that have been caused by the latest patch, but nothing has been done so far, so at last pls be so kind and responsible as to give us an answer...

They have answered, it's being investigated and once a decision has been made on whether/when it gets a fix we'll be told, also if they do decide on a hotfix it still has to be tested and proved before they can categorically state it's going to happen.

Not ideal I know but that's the way it has to be.

The EU player issue is not present in new games, it only affects 12.1.1 saves being updated to 12.2.

As for the Turkey issue it just means that managing in Turkey & being successful will have less of a positive effect on a managers rep.

The EU player issue is not present in new games, it only affects 12.1.1 saves being updated to 12.2.

As for the Turkey issue it just means that managing in Turkey & being successful will have less of a positive effect on a managers rep.

Thanks mate. I understand people get annoyed with bugs but if it doesnt affect new saves on the update why are people so concerned then?

Neil, apart from 'As always this update is save game compatible, however for some fixes (such as the Turkish Premier League fix) you’ll have to start a new game for this to take effect. Likewise the two data changes (Nottm Forest Chairman and Sam Hutchinson) will also need you to start a new game – these changes have been added to the 12.2.0 database. There is no new database option when starting a new game.' these three fixes for every other fix to be applied I do not have to start a new game?

• Administrators
Neil, apart from 'As always this update is save game compatible, however for some fixes (such as the Turkish Premier League fix) you’ll have to start a new game for this to take effect. Likewise the two data changes (Nottm Forest Chairman and Sam Hutchinson) will also need you to start a new game – these changes have been added to the 12.2.0 database. There is no new database option when starting a new game.' these three fixes for every other fix to be applied I do not have to start a new game?

Yeah, you're fine to carry on with your save.

Is it possible to roll-back to the previous update till the fix is released?

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Also, is their any way to fully stop steam downloading and using new updates? No offense to SI, but I was happy with this game when I got it, & I've noticed a couple of game ruining bugs (not just the scouting one in this one) once the patches started rolling in. I just wish I could go back to a patchless version of the game without losing my current save. In previous years I haven't bothered with patches until I've seen them pass a few weeks of people using them, and if there's no serious problems & if they have something in the 'updates' list that'll benefit me - I've downloaded the patch myself.

Every time I follow the steps I've found on Google to stop auto updates through Steam... out of nowhere I've noticed a patch has been downloaded, check Steams settings where the settings reset itself. Ridiculous.

I seem to have noticed that Wales population is 109k, when in life its 3million, surely this will affect the quality of regens and the amount produced etc, and I have also noticed that I seem to be getting loads of red cards as well as goals that are ruled out for being offside. I have been using the same tactics all year and only know im starting to notice this, but it may be because im playing in the french league for the first time.

• Administrators
I seem to have noticed that Wales population is 109k, when in life its 3million, surely this will affect the quality of regens and the amount produced etc, and I have also noticed that I seem to be getting loads of red cards as well as goals that are ruled out for being offside. I have been using the same tactics all year and only know im starting to notice this, but it may be because im playing in the french league for the first time.

Population numbers won't affect the number of newgens, it's cosmetic. I'd suggest raising the population issue in the data forum.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Also, is their any way to fully stop steam downloading and using new updates? No offense to SI, but I was happy with this game when I got it, & I've noticed a couple of game ruining bugs (not just the scouting one in this one) once the patches started rolling in. I just wish I could go back to a patchless version of the game without losing my current save. In previous years I haven't bothered with patches until I've seen them pass a few weeks of people using them, and if there's no serious problems & if they have something in the 'updates' list that'll benefit me - I've downloaded the patch myself.

Every time I follow the steps I've found on Google to stop auto updates through Steam... out of nowhere I've noticed a patch has been downloaded, check Steams settings where the settings reset itself. Ridiculous.

No its not possible.

Some people are able to avoid updates if they wish by setting Steam to Offline Mode indefinitely (whilst keeping their computer online), although this doesn't seem to work for everyone.

• Administrators
Hi SI guys, the new patch still does not fix the fact that I cant scout any players at all. after selecting get report card, nothing happens.

I've replied to your thread in the bugs forum.

No its not possible.
Some people are able to avoid updates if they wish by setting Steam to Offline Mode indefinitely (whilst keeping their computer online), although this doesn't seem to work for everyone.

Yeah doesn't work for me, every time I set it to 'Offline Mode' at some point without asking it seems to go back to online and get updates. It's my only gripe with being forced to use Steam. As someone else has just said, obviously doesn't stop piracy - just means the people who pirate the copy get a better long term game than the ones who pay.

Thanks for the answer Milnerpoint.

• Administrators

There is a way of turning off automatic updates and setting it to offline - I believe some people have encountered the problem you're having if you just go offline. Apologies if this is not the case.

To turn off automatic updates:

-Go into Steam and right-click on FM12 in your Library

-Select Properties

-Under 'Updates' select 'Do Not Automatically Update This Game'

Thanks.

There is a way of turning off automatic updates and setting it to offline - I believe some people have encountered the problem you're having if you just go offline. Apologies if this is not the case.

Yeah that's the same process I've came across when searching Google in the past, yet when I restart Steam that settings changed back. Just tried it again & restarted Steam and it seems to have worked though... see how it goes. But I'll stop cluttering this thread up with a Steam problem. I know SI try their best with patches, & thanks go out to you for making such a great all round game. I'll look forward to the fix :)

• Administrators
Thanks for this update SI, is it correct to assume the scouting fix will also bring scouting costs back under control - were the two issues linked?

Yes, we believe it was linked and now the costs should be more under control. Thanks.

Can Montreal be added to the MLS manually with the Editor? if so, what are some things I should change?

Montreal can be added to MLS, but not as a 19th club. They would have to replace one of the other teams currently in the league.

Is this being looked at?

Thanks

They way Designated Players now work in the game is the way we intended them to work. Before this update, good players would ask for much less money than they were worth, purely because you already had your DP slots filled. This does not make sense as it is extraordinarily rare for a player to accept less money than they are worth just to fit on a team's budget (the notable exception being Mauro Rosales, of course).

Unfortunately, this means that if you had a player who was too good for a Senior Contract (but on one nonetheless) in a game from before the last patch then he will now ask for a DP contract and you will lose him if you can't give him what he demands. This is kind of an oversight, but on the other hand, that player shouldn't be on as little money as he is in the first place, so he should ask for more now.

• Administrators
Someone can explain me the difference on the President's Forest? I'm in the 2nd season and he has left. With the new patch does not come out?

If Frank Clark has left Forest then your game is fine to continue - it only affects board requests if he's there and you are the user manager of Nottm Forest. Thanks.

• Administrators
*Official* 12.2.1 Update i only got 12.2.0 why

When you start a new game there will only be the 12.2.0 database, the version number will appear in your in-game preferences.

Forst of all, sorry for my english. :)

I would like to know if 12.2.1 is the last patch that will be released by SI.

SI will release more patch's with database changes or only patch's of bug fix?

I want to start a long save, but i want to do it with the last patch with database changes.

Thank you.

• Administrators
Forst of all, sorry for my english. :)

I would like to know if 12.2.1 is the last patch that will be released by SI.

SI will release more patch's with database changes or only patch's of bug fix?

I want to start a long save, but i want to do it with the last patch with database changes.

Thank you.

There are no further plans for any database changes.

Archived