*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir I still didn't get an answer.

When I'm looking at my squad, on the left side there is a button where you can choose different views. I like to have a "selection info" view, but after a continue or two the view always switches to "general info". I think this has been happening for the past few FM's, and with this new patch it's more often than ever.

Big issue for MLS:

Prior to the patch, the game would recognize when you no longer had any Designated Player slots available to offer players. Players/agents wouldn't ask for DP contracts if you weren't able to offer them one. Post-12.2, however, I've looked at two players on my team to enter contract negotiations with (to extend their current deals.) Despite already having 3 Designated Players on my squad, each player is asking for a DP contract (which I'm apparently able to offer- I'll do a quick test to see what happens.) One player is "waiting to see what I offer" and, when I select the first wage available to offer him, it reads -$83 per year. Yes, he'd be paying ME to play!

Update: received a news item stating that I couldn't renew the contract due to DP limits. Noticed a handful of players asking for DP contracts if I approach them to extend their contracts...and quite a few others that are suddenly asking for bonuses to be included in their contracts, which had never happened before the patch (now in 2018.)

Please, please let there be a way to remove this patch, or else my game is ruined!!!

Is this being looked at?

Thanks

This isn't about 12.2 but i do not know where to bring this up so am posting here.

Is SI able to do something to allow first time spanish B division players to understand their promotion rules better?

I was left in utter confusion on weather i was promoted or what is the complicated system like when i played real oviedo. Now another player playing real oviedo, faced the same.

I checked past threads and there was one with similar sentiment.

First season also for Mascherano?!?! That's not realistic... and for me this is a problem, like the Turkish/Greek problem and the Scout problem... FM is a great game because IS/WAS realistic, but with these kind of transfer logic it will not.

I guess to hear the voice of SI... I just want to know if they consider this a problem like the others one.

Sorry guys but can you give an answer please?! Just yes or not! I only want to know if you consider this a problem to resolve or not. Thanks SI

So i bought the game for fun... With the last patch (12.1.1) the fun was over. The game

makes me crazy. Now even more since the 12.2 patch arrived. I want to play FM for fun, and

not to be a shrink, which tells the player what they wanna hear to win a game.

I dont wanna play a tactic which tricks me into winning a game, a just wanna play MY tactic.

On the last patch Gomez (Fc Bayern) scored overal 46 scores, now 20. I`m lossing metches

with teams that IRL are no problem for a side like FC Bayern. So keep the patches coming... Keep

losing players/fans of the game... ;,(

I must apologise if this is a stupid question but i would really be grateful for a response.

If i have started a game and have Steam running will the update automatically update my saved game or will it only come into play when i start a brand new game?

I must apologise if this is a stupid question but i would really be grateful for a response.

If i have started a game and have Steam running will the update automatically update my saved game or will it only come into play when i start a brand new game?

Steam will automatically update your save game with any bug fixes but in order to take advantage of any database changes, you will need to start a new game.

did you ever test this before releasing it? seriously...i mean it took me only 2 minutes with the update to get horribly stuck in...i mean you cant miss the thing that you test it in the greek league and half the squad is fgn...its pretty much obvious..that is unless of course you didnt ever test it in all the leagues...or at least to the point where official matches begin.

i can understand that when patching something, things can go wrong but this isnt an obscure glitch in some remote part of the game you dont easily access, or a specific glitch in some specific instance...its immediately obvious when you enter the team info page..

in the end, what bugs me isnt that omething went wrong, it is that you didnt take the time to properly test before releasing...it feels like we in these leagues are second class clients for your company and this is the fact that is annoying.

They have confirmed that injuries are unchanged in the patch. There are still less injuries in-game than real life.

got to dis-agree with this.. After 4 serious injuries (that had to be taken off the pitch) in the FIRST game of the champoinship, reducing my team to 10 men then having a further 3 suffering from low condition after tough tackles.. and not a yellow card in sight.. still got the screenie if you want to argue.. that, the fact you now need a degree in psychology to motivate players before you win a competition (i thought that's why the user chose the manager reputation at the start of the game) and the reminder's being goosed from 12.1.1 onwards are the reason's i haven't thought about playing 2012 in months.. and before you get smart i've loaded a game on 12.2, the reminders are still goosed and the motivation was intentional.. i'd rather spend my time and money on Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare..

I've noticed alot of bugs in this new patch.

Top players list for countries is empty.

I request a report card for a player and when it comes in, i go to the report and it tells me to request a report

The latest thing to happen is a player is making noises about joining a bigger club, i click the button to talk to him and it takes me to the information tab with the private chat option greyed out and I just noticed that he's learning a PPM that I never asked him to and there is no record of it in the conversation history.

My youth coaches are getting poached without me noticing far too often, either cut down on the recommended news subscriptions or make it easier to see when a news item is specifically about your club.

This is a new save on 12.2

JiggyDempsey, you can resolve the scouting issue temporarily by deleting as many old scout reports as you can* and turn off roaming assignments (for now, as they are collecting too many results). This'll allow new reports to compile properly. As I say, this is a temporary solution and we'll update you again as soon as we have more news.

* to delete scout reports:

- Go to Player Search and clear all the filters, so that the maximum possible amout of players appears on the list.

- Sort them the scout report stars

- Click on the first of the list (or the first from which you want to delete the reports); scroll down do the last of those to be deleted. Hold Shift and select the last player (you'll have a very large selection of players).

- Then right click -> Scouting -> Delete reports

Could you report the other issues you've encountered in our bugs forum please? They'll be investigated as well, thanks.

I'm going to delete the reports that are over 150 days old. I've 12 scouts and actually a considerable investment for the club. I dont want to be micromanaging where they go to but would adding filters to what they should be looking for reduce the actual of reports compiled during a season?

When can we expect an announcement because of fixes?

Yeah first of all I want to say that you guys are doing a great job the way you are giving support @ these forums. But I am also wondering if there is any indication when there will be a fix for these problems, because I wanted to start a new game with 12.2 and I am actually putting it on hold at the moment. :p Do we need to think in Days, Weeks or.. Months? Or is it just better to just start playing again?

Thanks again and good luck fixing these (small) problems :p

As always they'll announce anything when they're in a position to, they won't announce when they expect to make an announcement, so, annoying though it is we just have to remain patient.

did you ever test this before releasing it? seriously...i mean it took me only 2 minutes with the update to get horribly stuck in...i mean you cant miss the thing that you test it in the greek league and half the squad is fgn...its pretty much obvious..that is unless of course you didnt ever test it in all the leagues...or at least to the point where official matches begin.

i can understand that when patching something, things can go wrong but this isnt an obscure glitch in some remote part of the game you dont easily access, or a specific glitch in some specific instance...its immediately obvious when you enter the team info page..

in the end, what bugs me isnt that omething went wrong, it is that you didnt take the time to properly test before releasing...it feels like we in these leagues are second class clients for your company and this is the fact that is annoying.

thats what i said too but they chose to delete my post....now almost half my team is foreigners even though they play in a EU league and they are french, spanish, germans and cypriots!!!!

Possibly already covered and not a game-breaker but when I click the "View previous meetings" button in the fixtures screen it takes me back to my squad page. I have tested this with save mde before 12.2.0 which works and 12.2.0, which doesn't.

• Administrators
Possibly already covered and not a game-breaker but when I click the "View previous meetings" button in the fixtures screen it takes me back to my squad page. I have tested this with save mde before 12.2.0 which works and 12.2.0, which doesn't.

Is this from the fixtures screen or from a news item? Let me know, thanks.

• Administrators
and of course 'match preparation' doesnt work...its grey and stuck to very low and attacking....

You've probably set it to 'handle match preparation' under the Assistant Manager responsibilities which can be found within Team Policy.

No moan or groan from me. I just want to check (have read most the thread) that the game is totally plyable? The only main issues are scout report and the Greek leagues if continuing a save.

Just wanted to check before starting a new game this evening.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
nope...it was working fine before....but thats not the problem...we need a fix with the foreign players asap! we cant play any games anymore, players are unhappy and want to leave the club....

Have you actually checked in-game? And yes, we're very much aware about the issue with foreign players and as we've said we are most definitely looking into it. We appreciate your frustration but please be patient, when we have further news we'll let you know. Thanks.

• Administrators
No moan or groan from me. I just want to check (have read most the thread) that the game is totally plyable? The only main issues are scout report and the Greek leagues if continuing a save.

Just wanted to check before starting a new game this evening.

Thanks in advance.

There are issues if you're continuing an old game in a couple of leagues and if you have a large number of scouts roaming (compiling a massive amount of scout reports). These are issues we're looking into, but for the majority it's absolutely fine to start a new game. Thanks.

There are issues if you're continuing an old game in a couple of leagues and if you have a large number of scouts roaming (compiling a massive amount of scout reports). These are issues we're looking into, but for the majority it's absolutely fine to start a new game. Thanks.

Neil, should the Turkish teams have players listed as FGN in there league?? As im noticing this when starting a new game.

Dear Neil Brock of SI,

can you please answer to my (not only mine) question?

Is for you the problem of Balotelli/Man. City a bug that you want to fix or you not consider it as a bug?

I only want to know before starting a new game. I try to fix it by myself trough the editor (more PA, more Home reputation and so on...) but when I begin a new game Mario is always in the reserve team with loan and transfer status.

Can you please give me/us an answer?

Thank you so much

So the countries problems are completely gone when I start a new game?because someone has written the bug were still there in Turkey with a new game.this makes me upset:rolleyes:

• Administrators
Dear Neil Brock of SI,

can you please answer to my (not only mine) question?

Is for you the problem of Balotelli/Man. City a bug that you want to fix or you not consider it as a bug?

I only want to know before starting a new game. I try to fix it by myself trough the editor (more PA, more Home reputation and so on...) but when I begin a new game Mario is always in the reserve team with loan and transfer status.

Can you please give me/us an answer?

Thank you so much

In regards to Balotelli, basically because now Tevez is 'back' and Man City only play with one striker, he is ranked the fourth best striker in the squad (behind Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko) the game AI looks at him and thinks "he's not going to get a game, probably best to place him in the reserves then loan him out". If you crank up his CR and CA above other strikers in the editor then he will start in the senior squad.

• Administrators
So the countries problems are completely gone when I start a new game?because someone has written the bug were still there in Turkey with a new game.this makes me upset:rolleyes:

Sorry yeah, you are correct. The Turkish issue is one which is present in all new games, but we are aware of it and are looking into it. Apologies about that.

In regards to Balotelli, basically because now Tevez is 'back' and Man City only play with one striker, he is ranked the fourth best striker in the squad (behind Aguero, Tevez and Dzeko) the game AI looks at him and thinks "he's not going to get a game, probably best to place him in the reserves then loan him out". If you crank up his CR and CA above other strikers in the editor then he will start in the senior squad.

thank you so much for the answer!

How dose harry Bun start in 1st team squad then brock ;)

Originally Posted by looknohands

Big issue for MLS:

Prior to the patch, the game would recognize when you no longer had any Designated Player slots available to offer players. Players/agents wouldn't ask for DP contracts if you weren't able to offer them one. Post-12.2, however, I've looked at two players on my team to enter contract negotiations with (to extend their current deals.) Despite already having 3 Designated Players on my squad, each player is asking for a DP contract (which I'm apparently able to offer- I'll do a quick test to see what happens.) One player is "waiting to see what I offer" and, when I select the first wage available to offer him, it reads -$83 per year. Yes, he'd be paying ME to play!

Update: received a news item stating that I couldn't renew the contract due to DP limits. Noticed a handful of players asking for DP contracts if I approach them to extend their contracts...and quite a few others that are suddenly asking for bonuses to be included in their contracts, which had never happened before the patch (now in 2018.)

Please, please let there be a way to remove this patch, or else my game is ruined!!!Is this being looked at?

Thanks

I know this problem with the MLS may not be up there on your list of fixes but there are a few of us who play MLS and this patch really broke the game. MLS is not playable right now. Anychance I can get an answer so dont have to keep posting asking?

I have just started a new game with the new patch 12.2 and im using my iMac to play it on. Since i've started a new game it has had a error message shut the whole game down 3 times now. Is their a problem with the new patch??

I know this problem with the MLS may not be up there on your list of fixes but there are a few of us who play MLS and this patch really broke the game. MLS is not playable right now. Anychance I can get an answer so dont have to keep posting asking?

Could always create a bug section thread, its gets more notice.

EDIT: In fact, it looks as if its being looked at already: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276540-U.S.A.-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues?p=7642825&viewfull=1#post7642825

Is there still a problem with clubs playing almost comPlete youth sides in national cup cOmpetitions. This one of the things that really concerns me before I start my game. Has it been addressed? Is it linked to reputation and therefore we can manually fix it, thanks

Is there still a problem with clubs playing almost comPlete youth sides in national cup cOmpetitions. This one of the things that really concerns me before I start my game. Has it been addressed? Is it linked to reputation and therefore we can manually fix it, thanks

Not just rep no, you can load editor go to a team who think play to many youngsters example say man utd then go to fergie and in his preferences somewhere there's a tick box were you can tick or untick "plays youngsters in low priority cup game"

Another thing that might be worth doing is improving Aguero's rating as an AMC, all the way to natural if you want. That will mean that he's considered for a deeper role as well, which might mean more room for Balotelli. I think that's quite a realistic outcome.

Not just rep no, you can load editor go to a team who think play to many youngsters example say man utd then go to fergie and in his preferences somewhere there's a tick box were you can tick or untick "plays youngsters in low priority cup game"

So is everybody experiencing the problem with cups? I agree with you when you say it could be linked to manager attributes. However I did see people saying its happening in the fa cup final which if true, rules out the low priority cup game theory

Another thing that might be worth doing is improving Aguero's rating as an AMC, all the way to natural if you want. That will mean that he's considered for a deeper role as well, which might mean more room for Balotelli. I think that's quite a realistic outcome.

Thanks for the tip, I will try soon ;)

Archived