*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

No acknowledgement or changes in the last 5 years? Have you guys been in a coma or something? When you say things like that it instantly gives the impression your just throwing the toys out the pram. There have been big changes in the last 5 years in the ME and the entire game and SI have acknowledged on several occasions that the ME has certain weaknesses, which is why they are replacing it. If your not aware of that despite being a member on here for 9 years then you will never notice when they make an announcement on it.

I can bet almost 100% you guys will buy next years version no matter what you say in this thread.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wally, I know what your saying, Jon is right though, we do hear "being looked at for the next version" every year, and new game arrives and its still a complete pickle (sound like me sadly departed Grandma, lol). All the moral tweeks just make the problem worse. Game code on New patch seems to making no allowance for a new appointment, so new manager takes over and straight away you get rubbish news reports he is on the verge of the sack, at a club expected to struggle. Forget PA/CA changes for players, as unless you sign them, they spend there career roting in the reserves, Jack Wilshire for last 3 FM's for example, whilst the AI continues to play 38 Rosicky!

Milnerpoint, we are raising a valid point that you can't be bothered to read! We know the ME is changed every year, we aren't arguing that, we are talking about the AI of the Managers and clubs. No chucking toys out, so before flaming, read what has been written please!

I'm not going to start shouting the odds or arguing with anyone but we've been hearing that since about FM 2009 wally, it's always going to be fixed in the next game !
Milnerpoint, we are raising a valid point that you can't be bothered to read! We know the ME is changed every year, we aren't arguing that, we are talking about the AI of the Managers and clubs. No chucking toys out, so before flaming, read what has been written please!

Both of you make extremely valid points, but as wally said I really don't think that this thread is the best place to get these concerns aired. They were never gonna be fixed in a patch. It's a whole new bunch of code needed. With the talk of a new ME for 13, it would be nice to think that SI will also be taking a long hard look at the AI management and actually fix it. I'd say that the best bet was to open a new thread on this subject (not that there haven't been many before, but one more can't hurt) You'll certainly have my backing. We don't need any more cosmetic/UI changes, we need the game to be more challenging/realistic in the way AI managers work.

Yeah Milner, read ;)

Edgar, it ended up in here as the sackings and insecure status of new manager's seems to be worse since the patch was released. Like I said above, that Milnerpoint also missed, I will be buying FM13 in the hope it has been given a massive overhaul, but if it hasn't it will be my last FM game.

Edgar, it ended up in here as the sackings and insecure status of new manager's seems to be worse since the patch was released. Like I said above, that Milnerpoint also missed, I will be buying FM13 in the hope it has been given a massive overhaul, but if it hasn't it will be my last FM game.

Fair point mate. I haven't got far enough since the patch to see this happen yet, but will certainly keep an eye out for trigger happy chairman. Perhaps they've all been imbued with the personality of Flavio Briatore?

• Administrators

We'll look into the insecure issue, thanks for taking the time to bring it up.

:)Just downloaded the patch,no problems at all,but checking out my favorite club AFC Bournemouth,no Russian bussinessman even as a director,Maxim Demin,oh well will have to get the info and put him in myself and change captain to the right one:)

We'll look into the insecure issue, thanks for taking the time to bring it up.
Fair point mate. I haven't got far enough since the patch to see this happen yet, but will certainly keep an eye out for trigger happy chairman. Perhaps they've all been imbued with the personality of Flavio Briatore?

He was even more trigger happy as a Formula One boss.

I'm Having a few issues since the patch...

Firstly I'm finding the game hangs alot when coming out of processing to the news screen. I have a very high spec machine not lacking in CPU, graphics or RAM and the game ran all leagues like a dream before the patch.

The second issue i'm having is some weird player happiness issues. Take the below example:

Sunday he loves the club, Tuesday he wants out!

wantstostay.png

wantstoleave.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Administrators
I'm Having a few issues since the patch...

Firstly I'm finding the game hangs alot when coming out of processing to the news screen. I have a very high spec machine not lacking in CPU, graphics or RAM and the game ran all leagues like a dream before the patch.

The second issue i'm having is some weird player happiness issues. Take the below example:

Sunday he loves the club, Tuesday he wants out!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Try removing custom graphics and see if it speeds up. As for that issue, it's just the way it's phrased but yeah can understand why it looks a little odd.

What all French teams? Is it not that in real life the majority of French club spent their 'real life' budgets in August then January so don't actually have any further funds to spend? Really could do with more details on this one, thanks.

I opened the editor and most teams have 1 euro on their balance

I don't get none. Player appeared to be scouted but no scout report is there. It ether saying it's in process of scouting and shortly will be presented or that i need to send somebody to scout (and i've already done it and player got his stars-but no report is there..) ?!

We only added real life rules I'm afraid.

I'm sorry, but it is ridiculous that the real life rule changes would have an effect on saves that were started earlier. My whole team was based on naturalised Russians, because the rules at the time made it possible (given that at the time I started that save, there was still no real life decision to change the foreigner rules yet either), so the sudden change overnight effectively destroyed that entire save. The changes in rules should only have an effect on new saves, that is the only way it would make any sense.

I have this problem on my PC now. (not tried it on my widescreen laptop yet, still waiting for it to be fixed)

But before the patch I could see the player's current in-match rating underneath the shirts on my PC monitor, but since the patch I can't see any.

I assume it's got something to do with the width of the monitor? They must have reduced the space for the ratings now, so smaller monitors can't display them now.

i too cant see the ratings of my RW and LW players and i not playing in windowed mode either

I have the same problem with scouting as Dinamo_K - no reports are visible, it just says that I need to request a member of scouting staff to compile a report, even though I just scouted the player and he has the recommended stars next to his name. That's the case for any player in the game no matter what country/league/club they're from (coach reports are working for my players) - I'm playing ManU, first season with over 40 leagues playable.

Is anyone else have issues seeing match ratings now in windowed mode? It's only for attacking mids and strikers though it appears. It seems like the text boxes are smaller. (I did a search and didn't find anything)

Screenshot2012-03-08at102943PM.png

Yes, I've the same issue as you. Only in Windowed mode, and only for midfielders and attackers.

i see what people mean about injurys too.. after starting a new game i have played 3 matches.. and had 4 injurys.. the opposition has had the same amount too... way to frequent imo

Not that i dont believe you but there's been no changes to the game that would increase injuries so it must be bad luck

• Administrators
i see what people mean about injurys too.. after starting a new game i have played 3 matches.. and had 4 injurys.. the opposition has had the same amount too... way to frequent imo

Yeah absolutely no changes in the injury code, as has been said, just coincidence/bad luck.

I think the problem fm as is injuries seem to come in waves instead of been varied maybe and to people it looks like a bug, but if you take injuries over a full season you'll probably see its very similar to real life

Try verifying your game cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Also make sure you're not running any custom graphics/skins to make certain it's not those causing it. Then make sure you're running the latest graphics card drivers for your graphics card. Let me know if any of this helps.

Mine seems to have slowed down like, only custom graphics I had is premiership kits and logos, plus international logos. Problem isn't cause by this is it?

• Administrators
Mine seems to have slowed down like, only custom graphics I had is premiership kits and logos, plus international logos. Problem isn't cause by this is it?

It could be yeah, try removing them and see if it makes a difference.

You might want to clear your actual fm cache as well mate the link Neil as shown you there is the actual steam fm cache the one im talking about can be found in

local disk/user/your name or what ever the user name is under/app data/roaming/sportsinteractive/fm12/ then delete the cache folder in there

I only downloaded FM2012 yesterday via Steam with the new patch. I played the demo and I noticed plenty of bugs which is why I waited.

But I have notice something and I know it didn't occur in FM2011, but it has been picked up on this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/284380-How-do-i-get-more-players-to-appear-on-my-player-search

As you can see, I explained the problem I had with this 'player search' issue and I do hope it is a bug and something that can be remedied. To save ppl having to open the posted link, this is what I explained. If anyone can explain this, thanks in advance:

--------------

I (first) noticed this issue on my first search for a player: I couldn't remember how to spell his name but I obviously I knew his position (right back), and I knew he was French and under 21, so I naturally performed the search with these criteria added and only around 20 French under 21 right backs were shown, none of which were the player in question. On various incarnations of FM I would see thousands of players under this criteria. So where was this player, whom I easily located and bought on FM2011, disappeared to?

I eventually managed to spell his name correctly and performed a search in the text box at the top right of the FM2012 screen, and there he was. So how can a player exist only if you know his name?

I have been reading the thread to attempt to understand whether this is something that has been purposely implemented in FM2012, or whether it is a flaw. If the reason is because of player knowledge levels, this still doesn't make any sense when I have a French scout with 100% knowledge of French players.

And if I perform a search for Brazilian right backs, for example, I got a list of over hundred, yet I have no scout with knowledge of Brazilian players.

When I chose my league selections at the beginning of the game, I always choose a huge database with many global leagues giving me a maximum limit of 75,000 players. Yet if I perform a generic player search without any criteria, it lists around 25,000 player. Where are the other 50,000 players that should be on my database??

I always rated the players search, and transfer scouting system of FM as it's best feature. I could spend hours manually sifting through players looking for the next big unknown star. Yet now, that part of the game has been taken away in FM2012.

I do hope this is just a error that can hopeful be repaired/patched, because it surely has diminished my enjoyment before I have even kicked a ball?

Both of you make extremely valid points, but as wally said I really don't think that this thread is the best place to get these concerns aired. They were never gonna be fixed in a patch. It's a whole new bunch of code needed.

That is not totally true. Many of the problems in this game doesnt require changes in ME, or take time to fix. Exempel: We all know that AI has a big issue using 4-2-3-1 formation which human managers easy can exploit since this formation creates large room between midfield and defence. This problem is easy to solve, and without changing the ME. Forum member “The hand of God” has come with a easy fix in relation to this problem. You can read about it in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/298847-The-travesty-that-is-the-AI-4-2-3-1-tactic-an-urgent-fix-is-needed!

The conlusion: SI crew are eather incompetent (since regulary member solve the problem easily) or lazy (dont bother).

Try verifying your game cache - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ?p=7184719&viewfull=1#post7184719

Also make sure you're not running any custom graphics/skins to make certain it's not those causing it. Then make sure you're running the latest graphics card drivers for your graphics card. Let me know if any of this helps.

Thanks the verifying game cache seemed to work

@ bullybeef

The player search functions is merely an overview of the players your scouting network are aware of & that is why you are not seeing every single player, the key phrase that you'll see on the player search page is 'x players found in your scouting and knowledge range'.

IIRC it's more or less followed the current model since FM09 & has over time been refined to be linked more tightly with your scouting tools, just send folk out to scour the globe & watch the player count rise.

I've just downloaded the patch and everything seemed to work out well 'til I noticed that the "watch" in the left hand corner had disappeared. Have anyone else got this problem? Please, anyone, help me out because I am suicidal at the bloody moment!

I have had 2 issues with allocation money not being received in the MLS since the patch. The first happened when I won the league and was supposed to be awarded $150,000 for qualifying for the NACL. As you can see below this somehow brought my total allocation up to $0. That just doesn't add up. The second issue was after selling a player. Although I supposedly received an allocation amount of $230,000 for the transfer my allocation totals stayed at their current value. While neither of these are massive values they are certainly significant for the MLS and I'm now afraid to sell any other players.

I have screenshots of each however they only show what I explained. Let me know if there is something else that I can provide to help.

That is not totally true. Many of the problems in this game doesnt require changes in ME, or take time to fix. Exempel: We all know that AI has a big issue using 4-2-3-1 formation which human managers easy can exploit since this formation creates large room between midfield and defence. This problem is easy to solve, and without changing the ME. Forum member “The hand of God” has come with a easy fix in relation to this problem. You can read about it in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/298847-The-travesty-that-is-the-AI-4-2-3-1-tactic-an-urgent-fix-is-needed!

The conlusion: SI crew are eather incompetent (since regulary member solve the problem easily) or lazy (dont bother).

Well done on missing the point of the thread, its still only a temporary solution (albeit a good one) , as it doesn't fix the lack of tracking back from the AM bands for the AI, or the lack of balance in the MCs, both of which can only be fixed via the ME being overhauled.

Not that i dont believe you but there's been no changes to the game that would increase injuries so it must be bad luck

i dont have a reason to make it up and it wont stop me playing the game just really frustrating...

my first game both my strikers got injured (beattie & evans)

evans out for 4-5 weeks

second game hoskins (in for evans) gets injured out for 2-3 weeks

3rd game Baxter (in for hoskins) injured

Is anyone else have issues seeing match ratings now in windowed mode? It's only for attacking mids and strikers though it appears. It seems like the text boxes are smaller. (I did a search and didn't find anything)

Screenshot2012-03-08at102943PM.png

I am also having this exact problem on my PC. I play in windowed mode as well and it was fine before the patch.

Anyone found a fix for it yet?

So-maybe somebody from SI team will be kind enough to treat problem with no players reports available???!!! It's really annoying not to be able to use this important (in my view) feature.

You might want to have a look in the UI bugs forum, this problem might already be mentioned, if it isn't then start a thread & upload your save fie for the guys at SI to have a look at.

Are you using a third party skin? If you are then it might not be compatible with 12.2.

I'm not seeing the issue you've described while using the default dark skin.

I have had 2 issues with allocation money not being received in the MLS since the patch. The first happened when I won the league and was supposed to be awarded $150,000 for qualifying for the NACL. As you can see below this somehow brought my total allocation up to $0. That just doesn't add up. The second issue was after selling a player. Although I supposedly received an allocation amount of $230,000 for the transfer my allocation totals stayed at their current value. While neither of these are massive values they are certainly significant for the MLS and I'm now afraid to sell any other players.

I have screenshots of each however they only show what I explained. Let me know if there is something else that I can provide to help.

Did you allocation fund definitely not go up at all, or was it just that the news item said your fund increased to $0?

If not, is there any chance you have a save game from before either of these events occur?

Edit: Actually, (it didn't sound like it, but) are you managing one of the Canadian teams by any chance? If you were, this would explain why you didn't get any allocation funds for winning MLS Cup.

Just started a new game on the new patch, everything seems to be running ok. The only gripe i have is if a new patch or a hot fix is brought out in the next few days going off the problems people are having i will no longer have the german national side (real players) and will have to start the whole game again and delete the inc files... would i be right in saying this??

It seems like Steam wont download the new patch. It says “Download starting…” but nothing happens. It has been that way since yesterday. When I try to run FM2012 I get the message “The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes”.

Any ideas what’s wrong. Really frustrating, and have never had this problem before…

Just started a new game on the new patch, everything seems to be running ok. The only gripe i have is if a new patch or a hot fix is brought out in the next few days going off the problems people are having i will no longer have the german national side (real players) and will have to start the whole game again and delete the inc files... would i be right in saying this??
Afaik, the lnc files can be added to an already started game. They might take some time to take effect but it should work.

Did you allocation fund definitely not go up at all, or was it just that the news item said your fund increased to $0?

If not, is there any chance you have a save game from before either of these events occur?

Hi Henry, thanks once again for the response. The allocation fund definitely did not go up for either one. After the first event I was a bit confused so I paid close attention to the sale and checked my allocation funds every day for 3 days before and after the sale with no change. The sale was to an external (Mexican) club by the way, not another MLS club. My thought after the first one was that since I had qualified for the NACL by winning the Open Cup perhaps I was not receiving this allocation money properly. That did not fully make sense however since I had not received any allocation money at the time of the Open Cup win.

I have saved games before both events. The first event (winning the league and qualifying for NACL) has a save game just before the championship match and so will require winning the match. The other save game is about 15 days before the transfer goes through however the league is in offseason at this point so not much happens between. Where and how would you like me to upload these save games?

EDIT: Nope, not playing as a Canadian team. I'm playing as the Red Bulls. I just had a coach headhunted away with better wage promises and, according to the alert, should have had 2/3 of that fee go towards allocation as well. Once again, though, the allocation budget stayed steady at 350,000 (where it has been since the season ended).

Yes you've hit nail on the head why did't we think of this are you listening Brock
He must be too busy counting his mountain of gold......

Fanboys will allways use sarcasm when they dont have any rational arguments left.

Well done on missing the point of the thread, its still only a temporary solution (albeit a good one) , as it doesn't fix the lack of tracking back from the AM bands for the AI, or the lack of balance in the MCs, both of which can only be fixed via the ME being overhauled.

I did not miss anything. I m fully aware the magnitude of the problem, but this is the fix which SI could easy implement while they are making new ME. This fix is better then the situation as it is right now. The fact that AM doesnt track back has been well knowed for 4-5 years. Humane managers can solve this with specific man marking, while the AI cant. So the biggest problem is for AI, which this fix solve with easy. They could do many things to fix this problem without cheanging the ME, but they didnt...and that is the fact.

@ bullybeef

The player search functions is merely an overview of the players your scouting network are aware of & that is why you are not seeing every single player, the key phrase that you'll see on the player search page is 'x players found in your scouting and knowledge range'.

IIRC it's more or less followed the current model since FM09 & has over time been refined to be linked more tightly with your scouting tools, just send folk out to scour the globe & watch the player count rise.

Thanks Barside, I appreciate the reply. I am curious that I didn't seem to notice this in either FM09 or FM11 (didn't play 2010). Obviously I thought it was typically ironic that out of all the players I search for and that my Scouts were aware of, the first player I searched for (like I said, a French under 21 international) wasn't displayed even though I had a French scout with 100% scouting knowledge of French players. Yet I had a wide knowledge of Brazilian players yet I have no Brazilian scout.

Like I said, on FM2011 I used to sift through thousands of under 18 players in various positions yet I am lucky if I see over a 20 youngsters to scout in a specific position now. It does seem this feature has diminished the ability to discover a raw, unknown talent.

I currently managing Liverpool, and I couldn't imagine the current LFC manager asking his scouts for a list of French right backs and him only receiving a list of 20 odd players to scout. In comparison to FM2011, it seems this has noticeably and significantly changed.

I am a fan of the game but there should be a hotfix tbh. Apart from the bugs mentioned in this thread researchers from the Arsenal and Chelsea data have accepted they made vital errors. With Arsenal the injury to Thomas Vermaelen should not have been included as he was fit at the start of season which was acknowledged and also a mistake from one of the Chelsea researchers who wrongly set a retirement for Sam Hutchinson and therefore forgot to remove this from the game and he is not included unfortunately.

Fanboys will allways use sarcasm when they dont have any rational arguments left.

I did not miss anything. I m fully aware the magnitude of the problem, but this is the fix which SI could easy implement while they are making new ME. This fix is better then the situation as it is right now. The fact that AM doesnt track back has been well knowed for 4-5 years now. Humane managers can solve this with specific man marking, while the AI cant. So the biggest problem is for AI, which this fix solve it with easy. They could do many things to fix this problem without cheanging the ME, but they didnt...and that is the fact.

It still doesnt change the underlying issue, which is in the ME. It still doesnt fix the inherent issue with the formation, its just a good workaround for now. But to use this point to come your original point that many of the problems don't require a new ME is ridiculous, since most of the issues that have been brought up time and again(team defending, bugged throw ins, lack of team pressure etc), cannot be fixed with mere tweaks. So calling them incompetent/lazy is well wide of the mark, and honestly quite silly.

Archived