*Official* 12.2.2 Update Feedback Thread - Keep it all in here please

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
What are these bugs to do with Turkish Leagues and Bulgarian leagues? I am starting a save with Bayern. Does the bug exist if you play with a team outside of these countries? Apart from that is it a playable game?

Those issues should not affect a new game started in Germany.

• Administrators

There's an issue with the Greek League and I believe Hungarian displaying foreign players incorrectly when loading an an old save in the latest code. Starting a new game with Bayern you'll be fine.

• Administrators
I thought that Man city changed the stadium name to the Etihad? Could be wrong mind as I dont follow most of what they do (though i'm sure they changed it as i think in FIFA 12 its called the Etihad)

Can't include Etihad for licensing/sponsorship reasons.

Hello !

I want to report a problem that I have since the releasing of the patch 12.2.

With the release of the new patch 12.2, I wanted to do a new network game with a friend.

We have edited the database via the editor in order to change the name of the Europeans competitions and also further transfers that SI forget.

Then, when I join the game, it's loading the database and then the game is lock on "Processing..."

If we choose the database 12.2 or the database by default, it works.

But if we play with our edited DB or any other edited DB, it doesn't work...

I have played other network games in this FM 2012 with edited DB, and it always worked.

So, does anyone know why we can't play with edited DB now? Is it a bug of the patch 12.2 ?

Thanks for your help.

That's a well known animation glitch, the ME has correctly assessed that your keeper carries the ball out of his area but the 3D system has no way of showing this.

SI deleted my original post. Burying their head in the sand rather than addressing the problem always is a great idea. Back to back red cards for me and a friends keeper lol. But it's ok, it's just an animation glitch and even though it never happened in the previous 1000 played hours, this back to back cards weren't the fault of SI, match engine or anything else.

Downloaded 12.2 last night, home from work now, steam just downloaded another 1.5MB. If the 35kb update was for Forest chairman, was this 1.5MB for something else?

I have that 1.5mb download too. It could have been steam re-adding the edt and inc files that i delete.

So anyone else having a problem with purchasing players that were attainable before? Christian Eriksen as Roma was purchasable for 12 million, now they're asking for in excess of 30, in fact all my purchases seem to have jumped by quite a bit.

In the Patch Notes there is an error:

Uruguay

-------

- Universidad Católica now play their home games against Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile at their own Stadium.

This should be Chile, those are chilean teams.

SI deleted my original post. Burying their head in the sand rather than addressing the problem always is a great idea. Back to back red cards for me and a friends keeper lol. But it's ok, it's just an animation glitch and even though it never happened in the previous 1000 played hours, this back to back cards weren't the fault of SI, match engine or anything else.

It has been a problem since the 11.3 ME, as I said earlier the keeper is supposed to take the ball out of the area while in the processing of sweeping up the cross/pass/through ball, it's just a case of there not being an animation to show him misjudging his pace & not being able to stop in time.

It is nothing to do with the ME (ME & 3D animations are two separate elements that are then blended together) & even if it was PaulC & others at SI have already said that they are investing all their time on developing a totally new match engine for future release.

Ok so what you are saying is that back to back red cards for the same thing is entirely legit and there is no problem?

e: i know that it does happen... but it doesn't happen that frequently is my point. Maybe once per season between all the teams in the league. At the very most anyway.

Guest El Payaso

I'm only going to comment about the match engine:

Set pieces are still far too threatening, especially corners and throw ins. Teams just seem to be unable to cope from set pieces. My defenders are winning headers almost everytime in attacking set pieces but stop going to the ball when defending. This has been an issue since 2008(?), could we finally get a fix for these set pieces?

Defending still is generally quite poor. More good interceptions and defending generally is needed to make the game more "realistic" and enjoyable.

Best FM so far but you could make it so much better with better tactics and match engine. :)

I'm only going to comment about the match engine:

Set pieces are still far too threatening, especially corners and throw ins. Teams just seem to be unable to cope from set pieces. My defenders are winning headers almost everytime in attacking set pieces but stop going to the ball when defending. This has been an issue since 2008(?), could we finally get a fix for these set pieces?

Defending still is generally quite poor. More good interceptions and defending generally is needed to make the game more "realistic" and enjoyable.

Best FM so far but you could make it so much better with better tactics and match engine. :)

PaulC & others at SI have already said that they are investing all their time on developing a totally new match engine for future release.

Guest El Payaso
PaulC & others at SI have already said that they are investing all their time on developing a totally new match engine for future release.
That's fantastic! The match engine has been a real "game killer" for me in last few versions so it's nice to see a change in that aspect.

That's fantastic! The match engine has been a real "game killer" for me in last few versions so it's nice to see a change in that aspect.

Yeh, though there's no guarantee it'll be ready for FM13, this ME had apparently got to the stage where it couldn't really be tuned any better so some of the niggly issues just couldn't be entirely eradicated.

http://gyazo.com/4dd2404efc817682ceb4c71c565ae4fc

why am I mow missing the box which is normally here? The one which shows the date and can be used to rest all players. it also shows the logo of the team who I am playing on that day

can you please help me get it back

i hope i am not the only one with this issue.

it appears on the default skin but not on any custom skin which I try. I cant use the default dark skin as it isnt dark enough.

is there a way to change the background image of the default skin to a darker image?

The speed is much better with the new patch, it used to frustrate me with the lag when interacting with players, to praise them for their last game/ recent form.

Only downside for me so far while continuing my save, players fitness? If we have a Saturday/Tuesday game they are just not recovering, I have players at 75% - 80% on Saturday.. by the end of the game they are down to 50/60%, and have still not recovered a week later.

I know that even top Championship standard players can get tired, so 87-90% would be fine with Sat/Tues games (which is what we used to get before the patch).

I'm not sure if this is because I started this save on the 12.1 patch, and that I need to start a new save.

Also a couple of my players physical attributes have rapidly dropped in the space of a week since patching up.

Pace and Acceleration have dropped down from 12/11, to 9/9. And the other's Pace and Accelertation down from 14/12, to 10/10?

Portsmouth manager is given only £90 per week for the job. Trying to renew staff contracts are the same. I realise the clubs predicament but IRL I can't see them only offering £90 per week for a new manager. They would not get any applicants from the job centre offering that wage. Any ideas, anyone?

Hi

I got the same problem, I cannot use the editor anymore!

Please fix this !

same thing happened in last patch, deleted cache and it worked.

Thanks god for that :) I don't see what the problem is for most people then. Majority don't even play with Turkish or Bulgarian teams (sorry for those who do) so surely not a major issue

I play only the turkish league. I have done it in all FM versions. So you dont think I´ve got the same right as you to enjoy this game. I have paid as much as you have for this game, but you say that you can enjoy it fully and it is OK that I cant enjoy it at all? How can you say something like that it isnt a major issue? For me IT IS!

I play only the turkish league. I have done it in all FM versions. So you dont think I´ve got the same right as you to enjoy this game. I have paid as much as you have for this game, but you say that you can enjoy it fully and it is OK that I cant enjoy it at all? How can you say something like that it isnt a major issue? For me IT IS!

Relax, did you not see where I said "sorry for those who do"? I mentioned the majority

Relax, did you not see where I said "sorry for those who do"? I mentioned the majority

Okay mate, but your way of saying it isnt nice. I belive you understand that too. But it is ok anyway cheers.

Need a hotfix for manager appointments and sackings. I went on holiday till the 27th October. In that time Darlington app Craig Liddle, 5 games later sacked him, Chelsea did the same with Van Gaal, Pearce lasted two games for England, Guy Whittingham 7 for Portsmouth, Westley sacked by Preston, app Notts County and sacked after 3 games. Serious hiring and firing issues!!!!

Whats the deal with Sam Hutchinson? He does not appear in the Chelsea squad but in the editor he does, but his contract does not start till 25.11.11. Is there a reason why you can't use him straight from the off?

Right this really is silly.

Di Matteo sacked after 5 matches with Chelsea 15th.

Van Gaal takes over, 5 games later he is sacked with Chelsea now 10th.

Meanwhile over at the FA, and Pearce is sacked after 1 friendly against Holland and two qualifiers. Replaced by Villa Boas, who after drawing the first game is listed as very insecure!! But no he doesn't get the sack as he quits and replaces Van Gaal at Chelsea! New England Manager is now Roy Hodgson, sacked earlier by West Brom, replaced by a sacked Sam Allyadice at the Hawthornes, who is already listed as very insecure.

I am noticing that nearly all managers are insecure upon taking a new job.

Hello. I would want your help me differently unfortunately it will have been destroyed my game. I am in the season 08/2021.I have a PAOK team from Greece and have certain players from Europe as such lorenzo franceschi, orazio risica (Italians), marco pinto (Portuguese), arno peek (Holands). Εveryone is in the EU. Now their foreigns!!!???

I can't register them now. Please help me.

I've seen van Gaal hired a few times by Chelsea after an AVB sacking now, in this version and previous ones. Funny. Don't think I can think of a manager in the world less suited to get Chelsea out of their current predicament.

To be fair if Di Matteo was full-time Chelsea manager IRL rather than caretaker, he'd be given very little time to get things right I reckon, particularly as the fans would be highly skeptical from the start.

Hello !

I want to report a problem that I have since the releasing of the patch 12.2.

With the release of the new patch 12.2, I wanted to do a new network game with a friend.

We have edited the database via the editor in order to change the name of the Europeans competitions and also further transfers that SI forget.

Then, when I join the game, it's loading the database and then the game is lock on "Processing..."

If we choose the database 12.2 or the database by default, it works.

But if we play with our edited DB or any other edited DB, it doesn't work...

I have played other network games in this FM 2012 with edited DB, and it always worked.

So, does anyone know why we can't play with edited DB now? Is it a bug of the patch 12.2 ?

Thanks for your help.

Could you post a thread in the bugs forum and upload your editor files please so we take a look at it in-house.

Hello. I would want your help me differently unfortunately it will have been destroyed my game. I am in the season 08/2021.I have a PAOK team from Greece and i have download the new patch and realised one very IMPORTANT ERROR . I have certain players from Europe as such lorenzo franceschi, orazio risica (Italians), marco pinto (Portuguese), arno peek (Holands). Εveryone is in the EU. Now their foreigns!!!???

Okay, so I'll ask in here..

Why is none of the danish translation fixes included in this patch? Some of the mistakes were pointed out (and said to be fixed) months ago.....

I noticed you posted in the Translation Forum as well (which is the best place for these queries) - but I'll have a look into this in the morning, thanks for raising it.

In the Patch Notes there is an error:

Uruguay

-------

- Universidad Católica now play their home games against Colo Colo and Universidad de Chile at their own Stadium.

This should be Chile, those are chilean teams.

oops! Fixed, thanks.

Is anyone else have issues seeing match ratings now in windowed mode? It's only for attacking mids and strikers though it appears. It seems like the text boxes are smaller. (I did a search and didn't find anything)

Screenshot2012-03-08at102943PM.png

Whats the deal with Sam Hutchinson? He does not appear in the Chelsea squad but in the editor he does, but his contract does not start till 25.11.11. Is there a reason why you can't use him straight from the off?

Unfortunately he has an incorrectly set retirement date, we're looking into this one. In the meantime if you remove the retirement date in the editor and start a new game, he should appear.

Hello. I would want your help me differently unfortunately it will have been destroyed my game. I am in the season 08/2021.I have a PAOK team from Greece and i have download the new patch and realised one very IMPORTANT ERROR . I have certain players from Europe as such lorenzo franceschi, orazio risica (Italians), marco pinto (Portuguese), arno peek (Holands). Εveryone is in the EU. Now their foreigns!!!???

Hi bikoua, sorry you've been affected by this - it's an issue we're aware of and investigating that is affecting save games started on 12.0/12.1.

Big problem.

It has really slowed my game, it takes me a long time to pass a week within the game despite a 5 star estimated speed. Anyone else noticed that and any solutions to make the game more faster. ( I already have min details and fastest processing of matches)

My game freezes up a lot after the new patch! Several times a week (in game) the game freezes and becomes unresponsive. This happened very rarely on any of the previous patches. Anyone else experienced this?

Also, as I think I saw someone mention before in this thread, the players stamina/condition drops incredibly fast during a game now. Is this something that is supposed to have changed in the 12.2 patch?

Archived