Laptop problem!!!!!!!!

Ok, my laptop is quite old.

The only things I have installed on the computer is Mozilla Firefox, IE, Football manager + Steam basically theres not anything else that takes any considerable space.

However, my RAM is only 1GB, I click on FM12 and it takes a while loading, usually crashing everything.

Without having anything running on my laptop from start up, (Steam that loads up on its own will be on) I start task manager, and check the physical memory, and check the free part of it, and it will be either ranging from 0-10.

If I start football manager, if i start football manager, it makes everything go unresponsive and very very slow.

Once i get on it and click new game, it comes up with half a star for my computers performance.

However, on my mums laptop, I compared the system ratings; Graphic cards, proccessor, gaming ect and it matches that if not its better! and my mums laptop says 4 star performance.

I have a HP-Compaq 6910P Core 2 dUO proccessor 2GHz...

Could it just be that I need say 2GB more RAM adding and everything will run a treat?

UNFORTUNATELY A NEW LAPTOP ISNT AN OPTION.

I scanned on Crucial and got this;

Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)

Maximum Memory: 4GB

Currently Installed Memory: 1GB

Total Memory Slots: 2

Available Memory Slots: 1

1GB

DDR PC2-5300

EMPTY

Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 2GB per slot.*

Thanks if anyone can help me.

mine is only 2.3ghz processor & 4gb ram and FM12 runs fine on my laptop. So take that as a guide. Buy 4gb ram, throw away ur 1gb. RAM is really cheap these days. It should improve it, if not, then maybe also pump up ur processor but its pretty close to mine anyway

Will an extra 2GB not do it?

I only want to run FM, not browsing at the same time and dont download nothing else onto the computer, cheers.

+ Would more RAM deffinately make it playable?

Can someone atleast tell me which one I need to buy? I've not a clue.

Crucial test results; Memory: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300

Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300, DDR2 (non-ECC)

honestly... buy from Scan.co.uk or crucial.. its the easiest way...

if you buy from crucial your pretty much garanteed that it will be compatible if you choose what they suggest

and yes.. you can choose any of the ones that your scan showed on crucial

Archived