(FM11) A most excellent adventure (or a very bogus journey!)

withnail316

Friendlies

Everton 4-0 Everton Reserves

Before the trip to South America we have two other friendlies, the first is a quick game against our reserves. A good win too, largely thanks to Michalowski. He scored 2 and made two more for Mark James and Jack Rodwell in a very comfortable win.

Dundee United 1-3 Everton

A decent test in Scotland, and one we just about passed. Goals from Bernardo, Fellaini and Michalowski settled things.

River Plate 0-2 Everton

A much deserved win thanks to Michalowski and midfielder Vukcic.

Estudiantes 0-2 Everton

The two new boys on the score sheet, Michalowski (again) and Bernardo with the goals.

Velez Sarsfield 0-4 Everton

Our tour of Argentina rounded off with the hammering of Velez. A hat-trick from Michalowski and one from Gueye was a great way to finish.

CD Everton de Vina del Mar 0-6 Everton

This was a walk in the park. New Portuguese striker Nelson Olivera, who'd signed for £10m from Aston Villa the day before scored the first, two more from Michalowski and THREE own goals secured our final warm up victory.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August

PL Everton 5-2 Aston Villa

A perfect first half in my opening league game. Nelson Olivera put us in front after 30 seconds against his former club, before Michalowski scored 2 and Jordan Spence rolled in from three yards for 4-0. Second half Villa pulled 2 back as we started very slowly, but substitute Magaye Gueye scored a fifth to finish in style.

PL Burnley 0-1 Everton

Just the one goal in this one, although there were bags of chances. Michalowski got it after 35mins. We did however lose influential midfielder Bernardo for 4 months to a torn calf.

League Cup

Bradford 0-3 Everton

Banana skin overcome thanks to Oliveira, Spence and midfielder Matt James. Oh, and if you're wondering why Michalowski didn't score, it's because I left him out...

Happy that you bought your assistant manager along with you :) Such moves are always more realistic to me and is how I like to play as well. :thup:

Yeah it has to be done, especially as he quit Haverfordwest when I did. He's always been a good assistant, so hopefully that'll continue at Goodison Park.

September

Before the month starts, just thought I'd throw this in here as it relates to both of my clubs....nice to see Haverfordwest have made the Europa League group stages in my absence.

hwmu.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PL Everton 4-2 Arsenal

A double from Michalowski, one from Fellaini and another from Real Madrid target Jack Rodwell gives us a brilliant win against the early leaders.

PL Wolves 1-2 Everton

Awful performance, yet somehow we got the win. 1-0 down to a goal from a striker I sold upon arrival, we were still behind with 15 to play. However, ultimately we sneaked a win with goals from Vuckic and a Michalowski penalty.

PL Chelsea 2-3 Everton

Mental match. I decided to change my shape for this one, trying to use the wide pitch my scout told me about. Rather than my normal 4-3-1-2, I instead played 4-3-2-1, with two wingers pushing up to support Michalowski. It started like a dream, first half we went two up through an own goal and a header from Fatic. Early second half we imploded though, and within 10 minutes it was 2-2, so I made two changes and went back to my normal shape, and one of those subs Nelson Oliveira grabbed the winner.

League Cup

Leeds United 2-0 Everton

I made several changes for this one ahead of the weekend PL game, and we were simply awful. Lucky to get nil.

PL Everton 1-2 Manchester City

Really disappointing, we just didn't show up. Nelson Oliverira levelled after an hour, but City ultimately had too much. For some reason we were favourites before kick off too.

October

PL Hull 0-5 Everton

A great recovery after the City match. Goals from Vuckic, Oliveira, Michalowski (2) and Agyei sealed a huge win.

PL Everton 0-1 Blackpool

Second successive home defeat, and we got exactly what we deserved too. Hmm.

PL Bristol City 1-2 Everton

A goal apiece from Oliveira and Michalowski gives us another win away from home.

November

PL Everton 3-0 West Ham United

A much better home performance, with two from Michalowski and a screamer from Fellaini.

PL Sunderland 1-1 Everton

A disappointing draw at the struggling Black Cats. Michalowski put us in front, but an OG from Vincent Kompany 5min from time gave them a share of the spoils.

PL Everton 5-1 Blackburn

2 from Nelson Oliveira put us on our way, then Fellaini and an OG really rubbed it in. Despite them pulling one back, a stunning free kick from 35 yards from Fatic secured a fantastic win. Just a pity we couldn't keep a clean sheet.

PL Tottenham 1-4 Everton

Wow, another huge win. Spurs are having an awful season. and they just couldn't cope with Oliveira. He scored 2 and made one for Vuckic, and then a Michalowski header was turned into the net by their keeper.

I take that tumbleweed as a no! Having a bit of a crisis of faith in this save anyway, so much so I'm considering starting again. Possibly in Wales again but with a few foreign leagues turned on to allow access to more players, or maybe somewhere entirely different. I love Mexican football, so that might be a decent place to start... or there's always Italy.

Hmm.

No need to feel dirty.

Maybe, it's just not normally the way I play the game. I'm generally all about the struggle of a small club, yet I've got £1.8m a week in wages to play with..... almost feels like I've cheated! ;o)

Maybe, it's just not normally the way I play the game. I'm generally all about the struggle of a small club, yet I've got £1.8m a week in wages to play with..... almost feels like I've cheated! ;o)

I hear ya. I play as the smaller underdog as well and it often does not feel right when I have money to play with that I have not earned from building up a smaller club.

Btw, Genie scout is a program you can download that shows you all the stats behind everything in the game. Its kind of a cheap way of playing if you use it to its full capabilities. I only use it to check my reputation, team reputation and find coaches. Some would say the coach search is cheating, but I always find the best coaches available to me anyways, this way it just cuts down on the time it takes 4 hours to like 10mins haha.

December

PL Everton 2-1 Liverpool

A belter of a derby won by a stunning free kick and a penalty. Fatic with the first, and Michalowski sealed the points with a pen 15 minutes from time.

PL Fulham 0-2 Everton

One from Rodwell and another from Michalowski secured another win. Definitely in contention for those Champions League spots.

PL Leeds 2-1 Everton

Beaten by Leeds again, but I've no complaints. We just weren't good enough despite Oliverira briefly levelling.

PL Everton 3-1 Stoke

Really poor first half, but second half we were much better. 2 more from Oliveira and one from Mbiwa secured the points.

PL Peterborough 2-4 Everton

2 each for Michalowski and Oliveira ensured that the year ended with us up in third. Decent first half of the season, although we now face 2 games in 2 days... slight bug there!

evertonbadge.png

Mid season report 2017/18

So far so good then with my move to England. I'd hoped to be in contention for European football, but to be up in the Champions League spots is a bit of a surprise. The form of the two new strikers has been instrumental to our early success, and with Michalowski already bagging 16 league goals, he's definitely earning his wages. Oliveira has been attracting some interest from Bayern Munich, but he's going absolutely nowhere. Still got a bit of work to do with the squad, but not bad for a first season.

tableny1718.png

Off the pitch we're carrying a fair amount of debt (£15m in the red) although the sale of Mounier for £9m in the next window will help matters. Even so, it is a bit of a concern, so I might just look to cut some wages in the summer. Currently spending £1.45m a week, although could spend £2m plus if we wanted to. Madness after my Haverfordwest days!

Archived