One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think that's rubbish,wait till you see November!We've already conceded two and still have four games left to play in the month :D

I did play him there earlier on in his career,it was the 2014/15 season and he got 12 in 45 games from there so he does play better up front by himself :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - November 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-67.jpg

League Table

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Basque-ing%20in%20Glory/LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-93.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was a terrible month concerning our defence but other the attack more then made up for it.The low point of the month was defeat to Valencia,it wasn't a poor performance but dodgy officiating,we had two sent off (Sola and Roman (Controversial red card)) as well as allowing Valencia's 2nd which was offside but we will have to move on.We continued our poor performances which maybe helped the team kick on after being beat as only really Sola tried his best.The 15-0 win over Alcarcon only saw 2 major players (Sola and Aranburu),3 backups (The Extebarria's and Diez) with the rest being youngsters so was an excellent performance all round.I think the Valencia game helped spur us on as Sola was banned and the players finally picked up their performance as we won 10-3!

December sees us finish the CL group off against Galatasaray which we have already qualified and we will play in the Club World Cup which shouldn't be too difficult as there seems to be no major threats in the competition.The league is quite a bit more difficult,we face At.Madrid and Las Palmas which are two tricky ties,we also have a slightly easier tie against Espanyol but we can take nothing for granted as we cannot afford to slip up as At.Madrid are right behind us.

Sola was Sola as he scored 23 for the month and was sent off for the 3rd time this season!He now sits on 1089 career goals and could possibly hit the 1100 mark in December.His season total stands at 20 games,69 goals,11 yellow cards and 3 red cards!

Looks like you could have a challenge on your hands this season. Sola's still doing the business with nearly 1100 career goals :eek:. What's his temperment/personality like? He seems quite hot headed. 3 red cards already this season? That's probably 30 goals he's missed out on due to suspensions! ;)

deltablue - I know,they didn't what hit them.

cerud - I was crying more after the defensive howlers,it wasn't acceptable :mad:

noikeee - The defence is what is costing us this season,they messed up against At.Madrid and we lost so now we are in a right battle.To be fair we had three disallowed and hit the woodwork so we could probably had more against Alcorcón.

Raware - Even more so now,badly need high quality DC's to come through the ranks.Sola is brilliantly entertaining,his personality is 'Leader' which probably explains the high amount of red cards this season.3 red cards in 24 games,he's the Basque Balotelli :D

That wasn't even my strongest XI either so my attacking options seem brilliant.Bad news,they beat us in December so lead the table on head to head so it will be a very tough season.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - December 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-68.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-94.png

Manager's Thoughts

Damn,damn,damn!The one game we needed to get a result in and we lose so for now it's advantage At.Madrid as they have the better head to head.Other then that,it was a very good month,we finished our CL campaign off in style as we beat Galatasaray 5-1 to top the group and we now face Lyon in the 1st knockout round.We have a very good advantage in the Copa del Rey as we beat Almeria 5-0,Sola will get a rest for the 2nd leg as he is suspended (Again!) due to accumulated yellow cards.We won the Club World Cup with ease as we beat Chivas then destroyed Sao Paulo in the final to add another trophy to the cabinet.With the exception to the At.Madrid game,everything went well in the league as we were pretty dominant in the league.

January should be an easier month in which we don't actually have any tough games so I am hoping At.Madrid slip up so we can take advantage as they are somehow keeping up with our performances and goal scoring ability.We should go through against Almeria in the Copa del Rey so will be interesting to see who we get next.Think the hardest game of the month will be against Getafe who are the highest positioned of the teams we face so I am wanting a clean sweep of victories for the month to keep the pressure on,the chase is well and truly on.

Iker Sola continued his goal scoring and disciplinary problems,he hit 22 goals for the month and found himself receiving a 2nd yellow card in the Copa del Rey against Almeria so will miss the 2nd leg.He currently sits on 91 goals for the season which puts him on a career tally of 1103!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - January 2027

Fixtures

Untitled-69.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-95.png

Manager's Thoughts

We may have won every game but it was a mixed month.The Copa del Rey saw us dominated Almeria in the 2nd leg but only win 1-0 giving us a 6-0 agg victory.We dominated Las Palmas in both legs as we recorded a 10-1 agg victory while the 1st leg of the semis against Sevilla was very disapointing as we won 1-0 courtesy of a own goal.The League saw brilliant wins over Alaves and Almeria,there was a defensive horror show against Getafe in which I blew my top with the defence at full time.There were also the disappointing performance against Gimnastic which saw complacency play a part as we almost messed it up at the end.

February is now here and it brings the return of European football as we face Lyon in the first knockout round,we play the away leg in Feb before the return leg in March.We have the home tie against Sevilla in the Copa del Rey with which I am hoping for much better performances off the players after the first leg performance.We have foru league games this month as we face Sporting,At.Baleares,Athletic and Real Madrid,I feel we need to win all of them to keep the pressure but Real Madrid will be a very difficult tie but we can't afford to slip up too much as At.Madrid are still flying high.

Sola hit 19 this month which takes his tally to 110 for the season and 1122 for his career total.He actually missed the first game of the month due to suspension so he scored his goals in 7 games.It has been known for a while that if he doesn't play well then the team doesn't play that well unless we play with two up front but due to my stupidity,we can't do that as I loaned out Iturri and Mikel Rodriguez at the start of the season!

I have no idea,I've had suspensions and injuries in defence which probably hasm't helped the stability but there has been a lot of defensive howlers in which I will probably try to do address.

I think it's a case of Yes and No,sometimes they get late goals then others they don't.We have also had a major blow,this is the worst possible news for me :(

Untitled-71.jpg

It is a major blow but I am confident that Ander Diez can step up to the plate.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - February 2027

Fixture

Untitled-70.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-96.png

Manager's Thoughts

I think we did pretty well without Sola for the Majority of the month,he played his part in securing a 4-2 victory over Sevilla with two goals (and two missed penalties,one off Martin Palermo!) to see us through to the final where we will face Valencia in a rematch of last seasons final.We were unlucky against Lyon,the only thing that stopped us winning was the linesman's three times as we were that comfortable.The League was pretty respectable as we won 4 and drew one but didn't affect the league too much and we showed we could still bang the goals in without Sola.Bad news came out of the final game against Deportivo as Sergio Perez was ruled out up to four weeks,the good news is Sola was on the subs bench so Sola will start the next game and Diez will start in the AML position.

March is now here and it doesn't appear too difficult on paper with exception to the Lyon CL tie and Barcelona and we also have Sola back for the first game of the month so things looks slightly better for us.I am confident about the Lyon game,we have the away goal and if we played lie we did last time then we should be able to secure victory.The league games we face are Barcelona,Numancia,Las Palmas and Sevilla which shouldn't be too difficult but we need to be equalling At.Madrids's results to make sure we keep the advantage going.

Due to Sola's injury,he only made two appearances and got two goals which takes his tally to 112 for the season and 1124 for his career.Hopefully the rest will be helpful and he can return with all cylinders firing,should be able to add more for the club and maybe for the country (still not sold on the new Spanish Manager!) but I doubt he will get close to last seasons tally now due to the injury keeping him out of five games.

In the last couple of seasons,they have beat Real Madrid down and gave them a kick to make sure and they show no signs of slowing down.

He is on 112 for the season and 1124 for his career,I can only hope that this injury is not the first of many.

Sola will continue to Sola,I don't really have any problems with the suspensions that's why I've dubbed him the Basque Balotelli!With Spain he has been sent off twice since making his debut in 2020 so even then he plays the same :D

In the last couple of seasons,they have beat Real Madrid down and gave them a kick to make sure and they show no signs of slowing down.

He is on 112 for the season and 1124 for his career,I can only hope that this injury is the first of many.

Really?!?! ;):D I'd want him playing and scoring goals, not being out and injured! ;):D

God damn,brilliant spot Raware,that one even escaped me :D He's returned with a massive bang so this month has gone very well.

I will be doing two posts for the Youth Candidate,one for us and one for Spain in general due to the absurd amount of talent that has come through this year!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Youth Candidate Day 2027

The Candidates

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-12.png

Stars of the Future

1.Eneko Gabilondo

2.Cristobal

3.Pablo Ortiz

4.Francisco Javier Arregi

Manager's Thoughts

2027 is the year of absurdity,we have had a lot of talent come through yet some of these don't even compare to some that have come through at other clubs (will post for next update once I have scouting reports sorted!).This year has also seen the result of improving the Youth Recruitment as many of the players now come from outside Vitoria,Gabliondo is from Llodia,Cristobal is from Granada,Ortiz is from Galdakano while Arregi is from Bilbao which shows that none of our best actually come from Vitoria.

I have already come up with a way to fit them in with the others in the future,Gabilondo will eventually replace Miguel Angel Rodriguez,I currently have Jose Luis Bueno as back up for the AMR but as he is both footed he can be backup for Perez.Cristobal will fight with Ander Diez to replace Sola which means I can sell Iturri off.Ortiz will be left back which means I can move Roman to DC who can partner Savvidis who can play anyway in defence,Arregi will be 3rd choice if no one better comes through so it won't be so difficult to sort things out in the future.

The Future of Spanish Football

With Youth Candidate Day passing in Spain,the future looks like continuing to be very bright as no less then 18 players who can be classed as hot prospects.I am here to show the best of the rest in Spain as I've already shown the Vitoria candidates which take up four spaces.

The Candidates

Athletic

Alain Kortina

Inigo Lopez

Cordoba

Antonio

Las Palmas

Juan Francisco Gomez-Quesada

Antonio

Aday Segura

Fabricio Mederos

Lemona

Javier Vera

Malaga

Abraham Leal

Racing Club

Antonio David

Real Madrid

Jose Luis Gontan

Victor Lopez

Tenerife

Jaume Jimenez

Xerez

Alfonso

Evaluation

Quite ridiculous with the amount of talent that has come through the Youth Candiates all over the country so it isn't just us.A lot of these could become internationals at some point,everything has hit right for Las Palmas in the last couple of seasons,a tycoon takeover who isn't afraid to put money in and now they have four youth players come through!Not surprised with Real Madrid having two,surprised Athletic got any as we now normally take any major talent from Bilbao!Think the most surprising one was Vera at Lemona as they have minimal youth facilities which shows anyone can turn up anywhere!

Archived