One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

xibanya_icon.jpg

Spain - Mexico 2026 Build Up

World Cup Squad

Goalkeepers - Jose Zubillaga (Vitoria),Franklin (Vasco),Josep (Barca)

Defenders - Inigo Santos (Vitoria),Victor Gonzalez Barahona (Malaga),Rodlfo Bodipo (Vitoria),Ignacio Romero (Vitoria),Marcos Ruiz (Man City),Juan Jose Leal (Juventus),David (Porto),Yon Extebarria (Vitoria)

Midfielders - Eneko Santos (Vitoria),Markel Araburu (Vitoria),Adryan (Man Utd),Miguel Angel Rodriguez (Vitoria),Ruben Hernandez (Valencia),Sergio Perez (Vitoria),Ricardo Santamaria (Vitoria),Carlos (Sevilla),Francisco Gala (Barca)

Forwards - Sergio Cardenas (P.S.G),Iker Sola (Vitoria),Alex Pajares Garcia (Sevilla)

Fixtures

Untitled-61.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

The time has come for my last tournament in charge of Spain and I want to go out with a bang.I've picked what I think is our strongest possible squad and will want to go out with winning the World Cup.I wasn't messing around with the friendlies as I picked the most suitable candidates,the most impressive performance was the dismantling of the World number three Brazil which could give a good indication of how we will fare in the tournament.South Korea and Northern Ireland never really challenged us but should give us some indication of what England and Japan are capable of whereas I don't see Paraguay threatening as much as Brazil did so I am looking to get through quite comfortably.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind if they were really rubbish ones who rated at half a star but losing players ranked at 2* PA who I can sell for in the future annoys me :lol:

We finished on 179 goals for the season but I think this was a freak season as Valencia and At.Madrid also hit 100 goals or more in the league.Celta,Jaen and At.Baleares conceded 100 or more goals which is quite remarkable.

Breaking news from Mexico:2nd favourites Brazil dumped out of World Cup by the Crazy Canucks

BrazilvCanadaInformation_Overview.png

Not only did that result mean Brazil were dumped out but Canada top the group as they beat China and drew with Ukraine!

They have performed heroically in the World Cup,they knocked out Russia 1-0 in the second round then followed this up by knocking out the hosts Mexico in the Quarter Finals.Unfortunately their fairy tail run in the World Cup is ending by my hands as the the semi final is Canada vs Spain!

Not played it yet,will be late on Saturday after work that it will get played.Don't think hockey sticks will save Canada,just in case of that,I'll let the bulls out of their cages!

Have you had the "B.W.G shows far too much bias in picking his Spain squad with 11 of his Vitoria players in the squad" message yet? :D When I was the Hong Kong national manager I had 15 of my players in the squad once and got nothing but ridicule from the media.

Definitely,okay maybe they have a point that I'm showing bias but I'm the manager and I'll do what I want :D

If I make the final then the media will have a hissy fit as I'm planning on having a Vitoria starting XI :p

xibanya_icon.jpg

World Cup - Mexico 2026

Group Stages

Group A                                             Group B                 
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Mexico        3  3  0  0  10  1  9                  1st France       3  2  1  0  7  1   7
2nd Algeria       3  1  1  1  4  3   4                  2nd Ivory Coast  3  2  1  0  5  3   7
3rd Slovakia      3  1  1  1  2  3   4                  3rd Serbia       3  1  0  2  4  5   3
4th Uruguay       3  0  0  3  1  10  0                  4th Iran         3  0  0  3  1  8   0

Group C                                             Group D
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Italy         3  1  2  0  5  0   5                  1st Canada       3  2  1  0  5  1   7
2nd Russia        3  1  2  0  2  1   5                  2nd Ukraine      3  1  1  1  2  2   4
3rd Egypt         3  0  2  1  1  2   2                  3rd China        3  1  1  1  2  3   4
4th Honduras      3  0  2  1  2  7   2                  4th Brazil       3  0  1  2  1  4   1

Group E                                             Group F
1st Belgium       3  2  1  0  5  1   7                  1st Spain        3  3  0  0  10 2   9
2nd Germany       3  2  1  0  3  0   7                  2nd England      3  1  1  1  6  5   4
3rd Senegal       3  0  1  2  1  3   1                  3rd Paraguay     3  0  2  1  4  6   2
4th Costa Rica    3  0  1  2  2  7   1                  4th Japan        3  0  1  2  2  9   1

Group G                                             Group H
1st Netherlands   3  2  0  1  6  3   6                  1st Argentina    3  2  0  1  6  2   6
2nd Chile         3  2  0  1  4  4   6                  2nd Portugal     3  1  2  0  3  2   5
3rd Czech Rep     3  1  1  1  3  2   4                  3rd Australia    3  1  1  1  2  5   4
4th Cameroon      3  0  1  2  4  8   1                  4th U.S.A        3  1  0  2  2  4   1

Knockout Stages

Untitled-62.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

I went out the way I wanted to,in glory at retaining the World Cup although this was definitely a tougher battle then suggested at times.The group stage we topped and none of the games were exactly easy,our biggest win was 5-0 against Japan and even then that flattered us.The knockout stages was quite tough,had a rematch of the Euro 2024 final against Germany in the 2nd round in which we edged the game.Portugal had no answer to our counter attacking as we did them three time by that method.Canada did try in the semi final but they got done in by a player whose name consists of 8 letter.....Iker Sola,he scored five of the seven.During the game,a random guy (possibly cerud) was handing out hockey sticks to fans and the Candian coaching staff.The final saw us field a Vitoria XI and the boys did us proud,it was a even game but by rights it should have finished 4-1 as I had goal wrongly disallowed and they had a goal wrongly given.Miguel Angel Rodriguez got a brace and Sola got a late winner to clinch the cup.

The fairy tail of the tournament was Canda's run,they topped a group containing Brazil and were the main reason Brazil failed to get out of the group.In the 2nd round they knocked out a strong Russia team before playing the devil in the quarter finals as they knocked the hosts Mexico out 1-0!The semi final was unfortunate for them as Iker Sola was on fire throughout the game and could have had more.They didn't let the 7-0 defeat affect them to much as they beat France on penalties in the 3rd place playoff!Not only were they reduced to 10 men due to a sending off,they went down to 9 men as their star striker David Campbell went off injured and still they won on penalties.The Candians must have earned the respect of the footballing world after that!

After the tournament I handed in my resignation after six years in the job in which we must have been World number one for roughly 4 years of being in charge.Will be interesting to see who they pick next but they have a easy group for life after me.

Congrats on the World Cup for Spain! I guess I can handle Canada's loss to your side, given that we ended up with a 3rd Place finish :) Can't argue with that!

They did brilliantly,I think out of the final 4,France were the only team they could beat as I think Argentina would have been too strong for them as well.

Not only will they be mentioned on the past winners,they are the first nation who are not Germany to come 3rd in a World Cup since 2002!

Just read through all of this and all I can say is wow, you need to think of a new, much more difficult challenge to try in FM13, you've made this look easy!

great work, looking forward to seeing how many goals Sola will get throughout his career!

deltablue - I have done as well as leave a note in a trophy cabinet saying I will haunt them forever and a note on the new managers desk saying who are ya!I was replaced by a 61 year old whose first job in management is as the Spanish Manager!

Jqr - Cheers fella :D If I've done my Maths right (probably not) he currently stands on 979 senior goals after the World Cup and is 27 so he should get it next season.Spain so far has always produced talent but I did show a lot of bias towards my own players,if I was managing in England then it wouldn't have happened this quick as there isn't that much talent coming through so it is down to random luck.Canada have proved that so far as their regens are really good.

Mikal - Cheers fella :D Not really,straight after the World Cup,I rejected offers from The Netherlands,Italy,Argentina and Brazil.Maybe in the distant future but not right now.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - End of Season - 2025/26

2025/26 Transfers

To show I am continuing with they ways that I am not signing any players.Just two transfers,both on loan with wages paid in full and a bit more money for Vitoria.Getting rid of the players is harder then originally anticipated but I must keep trying to do so.

Competitions

Liga BBVA

League Table

We finally did it,we finished a season unbeaten and it will put this group of players down as a Legendary team.There were alot of goals from other teams,most notably At.Madrid and Valencia who hit treble figure tallies.Our biggest Victory was 10-0 over Celta but we also scored 9 against Alaves,Getafe and Celta with Celta probably relieved to be relegated so they don't have to face us again for at least a season.Iker Sola was the hero of the campaign as he scored 122 goals in the league in which he showed he was a one man army.No real surprises from any of the teams but I am expecting Las Palmas and At.Baleares to start moving at a faster pace now that both have rich owners.

Champions League

WINNERS

We topped our group with a record of 5-1-0 in a group containing Lyon,Leverkusen and CSKA Moscow,the points we dropped were against Lyon in a horror show as we blew a 3-1 lead which was disgraceful.The knockout stage saw us up against Man Utd,we somehow performed worse against Utd then we did against Lyon and blew a 4-1 lead in the last 10 minutes as we ended up drawing 4-4,we won the 2nd leg 2-1 to send us through but it was still a disgraceful performance.The quarter final against Man City was just a s bad but we somehow won the first leg 3-2 before winning the 2nd leg 1-0 with a great defensive display to set up a semi-final with AC Milan.The semi-final saw the return of the old Vitoria as we bossed both games,we won 2-1 in the first leg but it could have been more and we destroyed them in the 2nd leg 5-0 to claim a 7-1 agg victory.As for the final,I am not sure how we were not out of sight by the time At.Madrid got their 2nd goal,was disappointing finishing as we could have won by a greater margin but a win is a win no matter how achieved.

Club World Cup

WINNERS

This tournament was as easy as ever as we claimed our third title.We beat Pumas 9-0 in the semi final to claim a place in the final.I expected the final to be tougher but Sao Paulo were no match for us and we clinched the win in style as we took the Brazilians apart 7-0 in the final.Sola was top scorer in the tournament as he hit 9 goals in the two games.

Copa del Rey

WINNERS

Had no trouble in the 4th an 5th round of the tournament as we disposed of Huesca (11-0 on agg) and Espanyol (5-1 on agg).The Quarter final was up against Real Madrid and it was a lot more difficult then I would have liked.We edged both legs by a goal to claim a 3-1 agg victory but was not happy with how we performed,if Real had put a stronger side out then they would of beat us.Las Palmas in the semi final was straight forward for us as we never looked in trouble,we won 5-1 on agg to send us through to the final where we faced Valencia in what we be a tough test.The ref ruined the final in what would have been a brilliant game if he didn't keep on stopping the match from flowing.We had 6 yellows,1 red (Inigo Santos sent off again!) while Valencia had 5 yellow cards of their own!We finally beat Valencia this season after drawing with them twice in the league to claim our 6th Copa del Rey title.

European Super Cup

WINNERS

Don't let the scoreline fool you,this was a very even game but Sola showed his superior finishing abilities in the second half as he put City to the sword with a four goal haul.All he did was cover the cracks of what was a poor first half performance in which we were lucky to go in 2-1 up at the break,then the Sola show hit town to give us a flattering scoreline of 5-1.

Supercopa

WINNERS

I know it was the start of the season and it does take players to get back to full fitness,all I can say is that in both games we were extremely poor.We were very lucky that At.Madrid were somehow worse then we were.Iker Sola scored three of the four goals in what would be an astounding season for him even by his standards.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 25/26 - Overall Best XI

Quick look at the Player's Stats

Top Scorer

Iker Sola - 181 Goals

Most Assists

Sergio Perez - 65 Assists

Top 5 Special Mentions

Miguel Angel Rodriguez - Daniel Reuter - Markel Aranburu - Eneko Santos - Angelo Roman

Manager's Overview

Another season and another clean sweep.With this season now over,we are regarded as the most reputable team in the world in which they have the number one in the hall of fame managing them.I am not sure what to aim for any more as I have actually done it all.I have signed a new contract till 2031 and I will probably see it out as by that point most of the peak players will slowly becoming to their ends and having the next lot ready to take over.This season also saw us complete my main objective by finishing the season unbeaten for the first time which puts us under the "invincible section".All we need is a new stadium then we will be set for many years in the future.

Next season could be more interesting as Las Palmas have come across of alot of money.They didn't do too bad with the little they had in the past,if they spend it right then they could possibly become a major player in the future in which I hope they do as it could change the landscape of things so I will definitely be keeping an eye on them.

Season Division League Cup Continental Avg.Att Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12 Tercera Div.Grp 4 2nd N/A N/A 418 Promoted!
2012/13 Segunda Division B3 9th N/A N/A 646 Survival!
2013/14 Segunda Division B2 9th N/A N/A 712 Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15 Segunda Division B3 3rd 1st Rnd N/A 827 Won Promotion Playoff!
2015/16 Liga Adelante 7th 3rd Rnd N/A 1487 Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
2016/17 Liga Adelante 2nd 4th Rnd N/A 900 Promoted!
2017/18 Liga BBVA 12th 5th Rnd N/A 900 Survival!
2018/19 Liga BBVA 5th 5th Rnd N/A 11771 Europa League Qualification!
2019/20 Liga BBVA 6th WINNERS Quarters 11343 Won a trophy!
2020/21 Liga BBVA 1st Semis WINNERS 11838 Won Double!
2021/22 Liga BBVA 1st WINNERS Semis 17450 Domestic Double!
2022/23 Liga BBVA 1st WINNERS WINNNRS 23066 Won Treble!
2023/24 Liga BBVA 1st WINNERS WINNERS 28854 Clean Sweep!
2024/25 Liga BBVA 1st WINNERS WINNERS 30919 Clean Sweep!
2025/26 Liga BBVA 1st WINNERS WINNERS 30917 Clean Sweep!

Iker Sola - How many will he eventually get!

As things stand

Season Apps Goals Av.R
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 9 5 7.07
2014/15 45 12 6.90
2015/16 43 35 7.48
2016/17 39 13 6.94
2017/18 36 20 7.15
2018/19 24 15 7.33
2019/20 51 29 7.27
2020/21 59 49 7.46
2021/22 58 78 8.11
2022/23 55 106 8.57
2023/24 57 150 9.00
2024/25 59 159 9.14
2025/26 61 181 9.05

International 78 154

TOTAL 674 1006

I guess I miscalculated his actual tally,I thought he was on 979 senior goals after the World Cup,turns out he has broken 1000 goal barrier and currently stands on 1006!His 1000th goal came against Portugal in the World Cup Quarter Final in Spain's 4-0 victory.His next goal is to score 1000 goals for Vitoria,he currently stands on 852 for the clubs so needs another 148 in which he could probably do it in a season knowing him.The only question is how many he will get in his career,I am going to go with around 1500 which could be seen as a possible total but whatever happens will happen.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Pre-Season - 2026/27

Club Information - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Untitled-63.jpg

Excellent pre-season,the stick out will be the 4-1 defeat against Columbus Crew.Due to international fixture,we were not able to field our International players.We only had two on the sub bench as well!

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga

Ignacio Romero

Daniel Reuter

Iker Sola

The core hasn't changed,these are the best of the best in the team and remain so.They have the experience and that is shown with over 2100 games between them as well as Sola netting over 1006 goals in his senior career.

Overview

Nothing left for me to aim for so it's carry on where we left off by continually winning everything.I think things could be more difficult in the coming season as money has been spent by At.Madrid (£30.5m),Las Palmas (£44.5 m),Real Madrid (£34m) while Barcelona (£17.25m),Sevilla(£10m) and Valencia (£22.5m) have all strengthened so it will be very interesting,I may even feel pressure.I am looking forward to this challenge as it normally leads to getting the best out of our players.My main focus will be winning the CL in style as we did struggle against the English sides last season which I will be looking to improve on,then it will be the league has the board want us to win it so no pressure there.

Not much going on at the club,we now are at established for the Youth Recruitment.Had a clear out of youth players who were not going to make it,our first Youth prospect has left the club on a free.We loaned out Aitor Iturri to Bayern (fee of £1.6 million) and Ibon Casado to Las Palmas (£850k fee with an extra £2.8 million if they want to but permanently).We also sold Iker Ayechu to Espanyol for £1.1 million,he was nothing more then a back up player who made 105 appearances for the club in 12 years.I'm all set for the season which will be against Valencia in the Supercopa,here's to another five years at the club.

Spain haven't fallen,I posted the wrong league table....that was the table after April.How stupid of me....duh!Will correct the link now!

As for the Coefficients and and Qualification places.

EuropeNations_NationCoefficients.png

EuropeNations_QualificationPlaces.png

Spain haven't fallen,I posted the wrong league table....that was the table after April.How stupid of me....duh!Will correct the link now!

That would have probably been my fault for not reading correctly :D.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - August 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-64.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-2-3.png

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect start to the season for us and we've done it in style.We have won every game without trying and very early indications show that Las Palmas may be a bit troublesome.The 2nd leg was our smallest win of the month and even then it was a easy 1-0 win in which Valencia very rarely threatened as we added two more trophies to our ever growing cabinet.

September sees the start of the Champions League and we have been drawn against Schalke,Galatasaray and Panathinaikos in what should be a straight forward group as I don't see any of the team actually threatening us.In the league,we have it very tough at the end of the month as we face both Real Madrid and Barcelona in successive games.Other games include Sporting and recently promoted side Athletic so I will be looking for maximum points from those two games.

The star of the month was Iker Sola as usual,he scored 16 goals in 5 appearances (17 in 6 if you include internationals) which takes his overall career tally to 1023 in which he is showing no signs of stopping.He literally stole the show in the Euro Supercup as he scored 4 and was sent off in our 7-0 victory against Besiktas,he will now miss the CL opener against Schalke due to this!

Jqr - Cheers fella :D Hopefully I'll get him put in their today!

Mikal - Thanks :D Very impressive display,hopefully he can hit the 1k mark for Vitoria by the age of 30.He wouldn't be Sola if there wasn't a red card or two.

cerud - Cheers :D No pressure on him to do so now so hopefully he can increase his rate if possible :lol:

You're not getting bored of this BWG? What motivates you, trying to break new records with Sola?

Congrats on the World Cup win, the countless trophies and the insane Sola goals record. 181? Fu*king hell. How is that even possible? I think I read somewhere you had some very strict slider settings for him to exploit him to the most?

Congrats on the World Cup win, the countless trophies and the insane Sola goals record. 181? Fu*king hell. How is that even possible? I think I read somewhere you had some very strict slider settings for him to exploit him to the most?

Whilst Sola looks a very good player, its largely down to the tactics. I recently started using the same one and my decidely average striker went from scoring 11 & 14 in previous seasons to 39 & 46 usng this tactic - Still some way to go to catch Sola though!

noikeee - I'm very self motivated,I always strive to be the best I can.Cheers fella,it's a good tactic to slow the tempo down and most of the passing is done down both flanks which helps exploit the teams who play 4-2-3-1 due to the gap between midfield and defence,although Alaves use 2 DM's instead of MC's so they are harder to break down.Although this season has seen a lot of teams go back to 4-4-2.

Dexter_Morgan - He is indeed,still no Danny Roberts though who scored over 1000 goals for Dafuge whilst being at a Premiership side.

Rayvon2 - Glad to see the tactic has helped improved you striker,just wait till you find a good midfield,wingers and a striker!

deltablue - Was indeed,that season will remain in memory (well my memory at least :D) for a long time.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - September 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-65.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-92.png

Manager's Thoughts

If this month was anything to go by,it was that it showed our weakness which is that we are too over reliant on Sola.The two games we drew,Sola was banned for both and our finishing cost us the match so that is a worry indeed.The CL started with a whimper as we drew with Schalke in which we very disappointing all over but the 3nd match saw us destroy Galatasaray 6-0 but I do have a problem with it,we were 5-0 up after 30 minutes and only Sola seemed like wanting to play to their best.The league is interesting at the moment with 3 points separating 1st and 6th and none of those teams are Real Madrid or Barcelona.Quite surprised how Malaga have started but not so with the others.

October is a simpler month on paper as we don't face any major teams.We have Panathinaikos in the Champions League and have two tricky league ties against Sevilla and Las Palmas in which the latter seem to be a very good defensive unit.We also have games against Deportivo and Numancia in which I am expecting full points out of those two games but we need to make sure that we take advantage of any slip ups from teams around us as it could be a very close league this season which is quite unnerving as we have not played to our fullest abilities yet.

Iker Sola added another 14 (15 including international) goals to his tally this month to take him to 30 goals and two red cards.This month sees him end on 1038 for his career total so far.

Hate the poaching of players, especially when it doesn't make any sense.

It's funny, I've seen so many complaints about it around these parts, but it's never actually happened to me! I must be one of the lucky few :) Might have something to do with the reputation of the club, the players, the league or something though, I'm not sure.

Anyway, great work on another fantastic league season BWG, topped with winning the World Cup :thup: Awesome to see Sola break the 1000 goal barrier as well!

Just you wait,it will happen to you one day :D My player dropped a few divisions,got less in wages but looks like he has been given key player for his status.

Cheers fella :D Sola will keep going strong,it will take a career ending injury to stop him.

Just you wait,it will happen to you one day :D My player dropped a few divisions,got less in wages but looks like he has been given key player for his status.

Cheers fella :D Sola will keep going strong,it will take a career ending injury to stop him.

I hope you havn't just jinxed yourself!!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - October 2026

Fixtures

Untitled-66.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-2-4.png

Manager's Thoughts

A month which turned out straight forward with the 'One Man Show' Iker Sola stealing the show as he always does,what I have noticed this month though is that the opposition are getting a lot tougher than in previous seasons so it is getting rather challenging.I fielded fringe and rotation players in the victories against Panathinaikos and Alacorcon in which Jaimy Mulder,Israel Alacantara and Jose Luis Bueno impressed me quite a bit.Mulder is rated at 5* (silver) for CA but I reckon he will be in the gold by the end of the season.The major shocks are At.Madrid outscoring us in the league and Real Madrid in general in which I think Vincenzo Montella maybe out of his depth there.

November is quite a tough month with facing Malaga and Valencia in the league as this season is turning out to be a tough one.The Champions League games against Schalke and Panathinaikos should be winnable and I expect us to be through after those two games.We also have the 2nd leg of the Copa de Rey in which I will fielded a very weakened side (with exception to Sola) like last time in which we only fielded two first XI players.Sola carries on as he does and is now up to 1058 career goals which is phenomenal and now he needs 101 goals to make it 1000 for Vitoria!

Archived