One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

deltablue - So do I but having odds of 5000-1 to win the title means I should right the new season off and aim for survival :lol:

JackJCFC - Thanks :D He is now a key player for the club and has already shown improvement in pretty much all his technical as well as some mentals and has also improved his stamina so he is definitely on the rise.

Soldatino - Thanks :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - Pre-Season - 2012/13

Board Overview - Finances - Expectations

Pre-Season Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-12.png

We probably would have done better if we could actually finish our chances as in all four games,it was finishing that made the difference.Not too bothered about the results as whatever happens in pre-season stays in pre-season.

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Mikel Bengoetxea - GK

For someone who likes to rush out alot and has quite high eccentricity,I did have my fears that he would cost us quite a bit,to my surprise it actually only happened once.Made 39 appearances last season while conceding 37 goals but did keep 15 clean sheets in the process.He averaged at 6.74 which I think is quite a tight rating as he did perform very well for the majority of the matches.I will need more performances like he did last season to help us survive in this league.

Txus - DC

Had quite a fantastic season last season,played 37 times scored 7 and even provided 3 assists.It was hard to choose my key defender but I think Txus earned it with his ability to score vital goals when we needed them most.He has a good amount of pace to keep up with attackers but his aerial ability and tackling can be quite worrying at times,he should be able to make the step up and help in our fight against relegation.

Angel Diez - MC/AMC

The boy wonder himself,made an immediate impact last season after being drafted straight to the first team after signing from the Youth Candidates.Made 12 appearances scored 6 goals and provided 3 assists.Having first team action so early in his career has already helped him to develop with the majority of stats rising.My only problem is I don't know if it's the right thing to put all my hope on him as he could be the reason why we survive and he is the only MC we have who can easily play at this level.All his potential says is that he can be a leading Segunda B player which is not very accurate as it said leading Tercera player last season!Who knows how good he will eventually become.

Pirri - ST

Did start last season has my number two striker but he did that well when covering,I decided to make him my number one.He is injured at the moment so he will come back in due time and will be eased in depending on the situation in the league.Scored 12 in 27 last season which was pretty impressive considering he also had an eleven hour goal drought during the season.For this season,I would be happy with around ten goals this season if it means the team survives.

Overview

First thing first,the attempted Fan's Trust takeover failed when they couldn't get the funds together.I am hoping for a consortium who will give us some money to improve the facilities which will help us in the long term.Some minor good news has come out of this pre-season as our current chairman has agreed to increase the junior coaching budget which may help the talented youngsters break through earlier.The funny thing during pre-season was seeing the odds for winning the title,we are only 5000-1.Judging by that I should just stick to surviving and seeing what our next Youth Candidate day gives us!As for the pre-season fixtures,I don't really care,if we finished better then we would have won them all.

During pre-season,I signed a new deal which ends in 2015,my aim by then is to have the team secure in the Segunda B Division,anything above being secure will be a bonus for the position we are currently in.It will be all about avoiding relegation this season,I don't care how we do it,I just want to survive.As for a takeover,I just want someone with a bit of money to improve the facilities to help us in the long term but we will see what will happen on that front.Here to what could be a very long season!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - September 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-13.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages.png

Manager's Thoughts

How the hell did that happen???

We've been extremely lucky in all our matches so far,in our first game we technically didn't even score ourselves and come out with a win!Apparently the game against Zaragoza "B" was a triumph of tactics...I don't really call sticking a DC up front a master stroke but more of desperation!La Roda is the only game we actually deserved to win.I can accept the loss to Alcoyano as well as taking a point from the Conquense game as we were outplayed.With the draw against Sporting Mahones,I don't know whether to be happy or not as we were outplayed but at the same time we had a perfectly fine goal disallowed which would have gave us a vital three points.

So after six games we have eleven points,I am ecstatic at that as now we only need a minimum of 34 points from 32 games to which I hope will give us survival.October isn't a difficult month compared to what we do have in Novmber so I am hoping for a minimum of 5 points from the four games we have to help further our cause of survival.I also can't wait for March as it is clear to see that my players are outclassed so far and with Diez being the only real quality,it will a long haul.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - October 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-14.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-1.png

Manager's Thoughts

Wow,that was a tough month!We are in trouble,I changed my tactic to a 4-2-4 to try and pose more of a goal threat but we drew 0-0 in the first game we used it.I got two points out of this month which will have to do which takes us to 13 points,we need 32 points more and have 28 games left but we need to find our goal scoring touch again if we are to guarantee survival.For November,I don't think I could ask for a tougher start,we're up against Castilla and at their ground as well so it's a case of damage limitation.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - November 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-15.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-2.png

Manager's Thoughts

A much improved month and it has come as a great relief.The game against Castilla was going to be damage limitation but only losing 2-1 was actually encouraging that we could hang somewhat with the best in the division.That was followed up by a 6-0 demolition of bottom placed Constancia,a 2-2 draw against Alcobendas Sport was also pleasing as we were outperformed.We ended the month with another three points,this time with victory over Ontinyent.

I think we are now in a stronger position,even though we are only 7 points ahead of the relegation zone,our goal difference is currently much better then some of the teams down there.My biggest worry is the lack of goals from my strikers as they have one goal between them so come March,I hope my Youth Candidates contain a ST,MC,DC,GK who can break straight into the first team,not asking for much am I!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - December 2012

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-16.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-3.png

Manager's Thoughts

One game of the halfway stage of the season and we sit in 12th which is very respectable considering it's my first season in this division.A vital victory over Huracan Valencia saw us move away from the drop zone and it was an away victory which hasn't really happened this season.I can except the two defeats as we didn't really show up to either the games which is our own fault,we drew 0-0 with Teruel which I was very impressed with considering they are one of the best teams in the league so well done to my team.

Four points from December was a good return but I am no means out of the clear,I am six points away from the relegation zone but I am four points away from the relegation playoff position which is even more nerve wrecking.On the plus side,we've already secured more points after 18 games then last seasons bottom placed team did all season.Now I found out that there is a relegation playoff,we'll probably need 48 points to escape the playoff so it is going right down to the wire.My next major target is to make it to March above the relegation zone and hope that the Youth Candidates give us some much needed quality.

Doing well for our debut season,I wouldn't really call it a decent cushion,4 places for relegation and another for a relegation playoff spot is making me rather nervous :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - January 2013

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-17.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-4.png

Manager's Thoughts

A good month as we picked up five points from this month's games.I can accept the loss to Villarreal "B" as they had too much quality for us to handle,a gutsy performance against Levante "B" saw us escape with a point after very poor play in the first half before a brilliant performance in the second half.An excellent performance against Zaragoza "B" saw 18 year old Urko Ramos mark his debut with a goal in our 3-0 win which relieved pressure a bit more pressure.Heroic defensive work and very good finishing saw us claim a 2-2 draw against La Roda.We are now are 7 points ahead of the relegation zone which is a good sign and to make it better,we have a vastly superior goal difference over some of the clubs so are getting ourselves into a much more comfortable position.

A bit of action for the club as well as myself has happened during the month.For the club,attempted takeover via Fans Trust number two failed while I rejected 4 offers from different clubs for me to manage them,two were were from Segunda B while the other two were from Tercera Division so it appears I am making improvements to my reputation.My youth star Angel Diez is attracting attention from Liga Adelante side Ponferradina,unfortunately for us Diez has a £250k minimum fee release which could spell trouble in the future.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - February 2013

Fixtures

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Basque-ing%20in%20Glory/CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-18.png[/img]"]CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-18.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-5.png

Manager's Thoughts

Another solid month which saw us pick up another five points,we are currently sitting 12th on 34 points.Not bad for a team who were predicted to finish 20th by the media section.This month,I can't say we really played badly in any of the games really as we tried our best in them.My only disappointment was with our finishing in the 0-0 draw against Conquense but we still got a point out of it and at this moment in time,every point is vital to ensure our survival although we are looking a little more comfortable then we have done.Our only loss was to Alcoyano who had the better quality so it's acceptable.

We are now into March and we're nine points above the relegation zone and seven ahead of the relegation playoff spot so that is very good news.The positives this season so far has to be our defence as we have conceded the 3rd least amount of goals so it's easy to see our problem has been our attacking force.As I have mentioned it is March so that means it will be Youth Candidate during the month,all I am hoping for is that the best youths will all be attacking options as that will probably help us immensely as our strikers really have sucked this season,4 strikers,45 appearances between them......4 goals between them!

Youth Candidate Day is here and here is how the look according to my assistant manager.

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-1.png

The two best are Carlos Goni and Eriz Uranga

CarlosGoiOverview_Profile.png

ErizUrangaOverview_Profile.png

When they both sign,I will draft them straight to the first team as Goni will be playing as he is the best striker in the team while Uranga will probably be used in either DC as backup or first choice DM or MC

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - March 2013

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-19.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-6.png

Manager's Thoughts

I picked up seven points from the five games this month and yet I still can't get clear of the damn relegation zone.Nine points clear of relegation zone while we are six points clear of the relegation playoff and we have seven games left.I really need to get survival ensured in the next four games as my last three are absolutely terrible as they are all around the top!Both my victories came away from home,one surprising (Hospitalet) and one not so surprising (Constancia).Pleasing draw against Denia while the other two performances were rubbish!

The next four games are vital as April is most definitely the easier looking of the two months.Goni and Uranga will most likely make their debuts at some point in April,they would have done earlier if I had put them in the first team and not leaving them in the youth team after signing their contracts.Some of the youngsters are showing signs of improvement are on the verge of breaking the first team but we will see where they are at the start of next season.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - April 2013

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-20.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-7.png

Manager's thoughts

Wow,I was actually expecting 9 points at most so to come out with 11 is a massive bonus for us and it has guaranteed us another season in Segunda Division B!We edged the relegation battle game with Ontinyent,while the game against Alcobendas Sport saw our future striking partnership net a goal each to seal the win.Angel Diez was the saviour for us in the next three games,he netted the winner against Huracan Valencia,bossed our midfield against Leganes and scored a late equalizer against Valencia Mestalla in a surprising 1-1 draw!

The only downside to this month was in the game against Huracan Valencia,I started the Goni-Ramos partnership up front,their players took them both out!Carlos Goni was ruled out up to 6 weeks while 18 year old Urko Ramos was ruled out up to two weeks!My expectations for May are zero,nil,zilch as I am expecting nothing as we fave Teruel and Villarreal "B" in our last two games.

withnail316 - Thanks :D I feel a bit responsible for the injuries to Goni and Ramos,the opposition had been going in hard all game and I didn't sub them when I had the chance and they ended getting injured.

Johnny Drama - Thanks,much appreciated :D Think we are all looking forward to seeing Diez exploits in the future!

Before I do the end of May update,just a quick update on the situation of what is going on at the club....

Takeover attempt number 3....1st Consortium

XabierEtxebarriaNews_Inbox-1.png

The new potential chariman better not dream of doing this :mad:

XabierEtxebarriaNews_Inbox-2.png

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - May 2013

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-21.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo3Overview_Stages-8.png

Manger's Thoughts

Well I got what I expected from the games.....nothing!I can also say we were consistent considering we lost both games 2-0 at home and away,they were both the better sides so I can accept defeat off both of them.Overall I am happy with where we finished thanks to our head to head record with both teams,to be honest,I actually forgot that Spain operated on head to head record so was happy to see I finished in the top half.

Off the field,the takeover has been completed,the new cheap skate chairman has not invested his money in us and has also decided to give the club a £250k loan to be paid off by 24/5/2033 at £1.3k per month.As for my future,it is wait and see as even I don't know.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 3 - End of Season - 2012/13

2012/13 Transfers

Just showing those who have left in which,a good few have already hung up their boots.Those who left recently were rated at 2* PA or less and didn't really have a future at the club.No incomings as that would go against the whole point of the giving youth a chance challenge.

Competitions

Segunda Division B3

League Table

We finished in 9th place thanks to or head to head record against Hospitalet and La Roda while we were 14 points ahead of the relegation zone and 11 ahead of the relegation playoff place so it was a pretty successful season if I do say so.The biggest plus I could take out of this season is that we had the third best defence in the league behind Villarreal "B" and Castilla,it was our attack which let us down the majority of the time as that was ranked at 17th in the table,if we could have improved on that then it would probably have been a much more successful season.I can't be mean on them as our attack was the weakest area which I identified at the start of the season along with MC,the next few seasons should see that change as we have youngsters coming through who will be quality up front and in Midfield.The biggest highlight of our season was the 6-0 drubbing we gave Constancia.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 2012/13 - Overall Best XI

A quick look at the Squad Stats for the season.

Iker Lekumberri

The clubs top scorer with 8 goals in 33 appearances and this is coming from a centre back,shows you how much we struggled in the attacking positions.Lekumberri performed brilliantly throughout the season whether it was scoring vital goals or putting in solid performances to save ourselves,he did what he needed to and the fans recognised this as he won Fans Player of the Year.He is only 26 years old and could possibly have up to another ten years playing football so hopefully he can continue with his solid performances.

Miguel Angel Izurza and Pirri

Both topped the assist chart with 7 each in what was a tough season for them both as we did lack in attack throughout the majority of the season.Izurza was impressive enough as he got all his from the rightback position and for the majority put in a solid shift.Pirri got his in the striker position but he contributed with 4 goals from 28 appearances in what was a tough season up front so he can only be commended for his efforts.

Special Mention - Angel Ugalde

He deserves a mention as he did his job of defending solidly and was often our hero throughout the season in defence.He never kicked up a fuss and was often a clean player in which he was only booked three times throughout the season.Still 26 and has plenty of time left as there isn't any real talent coming through at left back at the moment.

Overview

Was certainly a pleasing experience to avoid relegation like we did in our first season at third tier level which was quite nerve wrecking at time.The plus that I recently rediscovered is that head to head is superior to goal difference so unlucky Hospitalet!It was tough going at times but with having such a young squad in which I was frequently playing a minimum of six players under 20 years old towards the end of the season can be classed as a good showing as some of them have up to ten years before they peak so it can be seen as a quite exciting future for us.Up front seems to be set for the long term as does my partnership in the MC position so we should be able to perform better when attacking in the new season although I do need wingers,defenders and a less eccentric goalkeeper!

I still have another two years on my contract left,we survived the first season so I am hoping we can survive till then as my players will be older and better hopefully and we should be able to start pushing further up the table as well as being more comfortable with regards to fighting relegation so I am quite looking forward to the future.The new chairman on the other hand,I just want to slap,he rejected facility upgrade requests which is understandable but denies a increase in the junior coaching budget then claims it's at an adequate level.Hopefully things will pick up and we some how get our hands on some money somehow as it will be a long struggle in this division in which I reckon we could get promotion in another 5-10 seasons!

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att          Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418           Promoted!  
2012/13    Seguda Division B3      9th         N/A           N/A            646           Survival!

Thanks :D It will be weird for next season,we've been moved from B3 and will be competing in B2 which the teams look alot closer...well except for the media odds....5000-1 and predicted 20th :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - Pre-Season - 2013/14

Board Overview - Finances - Expectations

Pre-Season Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-22.png

Tried some of the youth players out who hadn't been drafted to the first team yet,poor finishing cost us the win but Carlos Goni scored for us!The 2nd match,we were the better side but 4-2 makes it sound more exciting then it actually was.Carlos Goni got another while club captain Aguirre got one.Two unheard of youngsters got my other goals,Zurbano is 17 while Fernandez is 20.

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Mikel Bengoetxea - GK

At points last season,his eccentricity showed but I can't complain as he was part of the third best defence in the league.He is 27 old so still has about 8 years left,he doesn't really have any competition at the moment so he isn't under any major threat at this moment in time.Played 38 times last season,conceded 41 but did keep 11 clean sheets as well,hopefully he can do the same this season.

Iker Lekumberri - DC/DR

Last season's top scorer and Fans Player of the Year.He performed absolutely brilliantly,was the stand out performer of the team whether it was scoring vital goals or putting in heroic performances in defence to help concede the third least amount of goals.I can only hope he is able to do more so of the same this season.Still the best in both positions but could possibly lose his role as best DC in the future but will more then likely keep the title of best right back.

Angel Diez - MC/AMC

Still only 17 and has already played 47 times for the club and scoring 10 times for club.Struggled at the start of last as there was no quality around him but that changed after the youth candidate day where we had two players come through who would give him support towards the end and his performances really picked up.Played 35,scored 4 and provided 3 assists so not too bad for a youngster who has plenty of years ahead of him yet.Will probably play better this season as we have a decent MC partner for him.Incidentally,he will be the oldest of my 2 MC's!

Carlos Goni - AMC/ST

You know your attack has been pretty weak when a 16 year old who cam through last season will be leading your line this season!He played twice last season and also scored a goal before getting injured in a match which saw him ruled out for 6 weeks!Scored twice in two games during pre-season so at least he knows where the net is.If he can get around 8-10 goals this season then I will classify it has a successful season for him as I don't want to pressure him to much.Hopefully first team experience will help him develop at a faster rate.

Overview

Instead of playing in Segunda Division B3,we will be playing this year in B2 which I am guessing is to do with the boundaries.There are a few teams I am familar with such as Zaragoza "B" and Hospitalet from last season while we will face Gernika who we played in Tercera Division,while the one team I can't wait to clash with is Bilbao Athletic,okay I know they are only the B team but it's still the B team of the biggest Basque club.From the other teams,I don't know what to expect,some loo like they haven't got enough senior players while some have a large amount to choose from so it's hard to distinguish where we actually stand.We're 5000-1 to win the title again as well as being predicted 20th by the media but what do they know,they did the same last season.

My biggest problem is coming from the chairman,he wouldn't increase the budget for junior coaching which is quite annoying as only the best will be able to break the first team straight away.My second problem is that the players are not happy with the number of coaches we have,need fitness coach,need goalkeeping coach etc,asked the board,it was rejected and saying we have enough to give quality training.I am hoping he will improve in the future but I can't say I'm holding my breath.

Thanks :D It will be weird for next season,we've been moved from B3 and will be competing in B2 which the teams look alot closer...well except for the media odds....5000-1 and predicted 20th :lol:

I got that when I got promoted in Bulgaria (drastically cut to 2000-1 the following year), obviously should be ignored.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Segunda Division B Group 2 - September 2013

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-23.png

League Table

SegundaDivisinBGrupo2Overview_Stages.png

Manager's Thoughts

Looked like a tough start but to come out of the month 10 is very encouraging indeed.Lucky wins over Hospitalet and Sabadell in which we inflicted the latter's only defeat so far have helped.We deserved the win against Sant Andreu as we did edge the game against them.As for our away fixtures,I've not found the winning formula yet but have taken strides from changing the formation from fluid to rigid seems to have helped,Eibar and Sociedad "B" had two much quality for us but Zaragoza "B" got off lucky as we couldn't finish our chances.

October looks to be a mixed month as we are facing two of the top teams in Lleida Esportiu and Sestao but we also face two of the early strugglers in Terrassa and Bilbao Athletic so it is definitely hard to figure out how we will do.My highest expectation is 6 points but with Lleida coming to our ground who knows how we will do.

Archived