B.W.G

One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

1,507 posts in this topic

TheGreatTraveler - Mercy is for the weak :D

deltablue - He's scary,1st game of October he bags 4 to take his tally to 30 or the season!

cerud - Incidentally,the person who scored the goal actually plays for our team :lol:

cswalk08 - They tried,it evaporated before hitting them.

buzz2k7 - I hope so but I think it may be out of his reach but anything can happen on this form.

Scarman - He can't be human on this form,I have never seen anything like it.He is the most dangerous and clinical striker I've had since Nicky Hensel in my previous save.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2023

Fixtures

Untitled-17.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-63.png

Manager's Thoughts

The run continued and Sola showed why he is the hottest striker in the world to date.The only game where he didn't score was where I had to take him off as a precaution due to some heavy challenges from the Inter defence.I have to be honest,we were very disappointing against Espanyol and were extremely lucky to come out of the game with the victory.The game against Real Madrid showed Sola's ability has a big game player and he even helped out in defence when we were getting pinned back.Sociedad,Almeria,Deportivo and Bordeaux had no answer to the way we played and it was very good to see Reuter back among the goals as he contributed with 4 in 7.

I see no reason why we can't end November with our 100% record in tact as there is only Sporting who will cause us any trouble as they normally do.We have Copa del Rey games against Ferrol which shouldn't be a problem as well as games against Bordeaux and Zurich in the Champions League which shouldn't really be problems and should see us through to the knockout stages.Sola continues to show no mercy has he has 41 goals in 15 games which is phenomenal and could possibly hit 50 by the end of November.

Incredible stuff in the league, going strong in the Champions League group too :thup:

Cheers fella,I'm annoyed with some of the goals we conceded as they were stupid defensive errors.The Champions League has turned out horrendous for Zurich on the day we beat Bordeaux 4-1,Inter stuffed Zurich 9-0!My hope is to have qualified out the group before we face Inter in December.

9-0!! Zurich got spanked!

TheGreatTraveler - I took him off as a precaution as the Inter defence were going in very hard on him.This was proven when Ander Diez ended up breaking his ankle from a bad challenge after coming on!

cerud - To make it worse for Zurich,they did actually finish the match with 11 men!

Inter did but luckily I saw through there plan and took him off after 60 minutes.Unfortunately Diez wasn't that lucky and went off injured in the 85th minute!

Champions League match day 5 and we and go and equal Inters thrashing of Zurich against no other then Zurich (Only we did it on their ground so it makes us better :D)

ZrichvVitoriaInformation_Overview.png

Wait!!!Who's that to overshadow Vitoria's massive win,why it's no other then Arsenal who went and did this!

FCKbenhavnvArsenalInformation_Overview.png

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - November 2023

Fixtures

Untitled-18.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-64.png

Mnager's Thoughts

What to say except for ouch,Sola scored 29 goals in 7 games which included two 6 goal hauls.How I came out that month with 100% record is beyond me as Sporting hit the woodwork four times and had a goal disallowed as well as their finishing sucking badly.I gave Granada a 2-0 lead after 17 minutes and we didn't pull a goal back till 37 minutes before destroying them in the second half.Ferrol had no chance in the Copa del Rey and went out 13-1 on agg and we now face Real Madrid in the next round which I think is a pretty cruel draw.We were 5-1 up against Bordeaux when Inigo Santos decided to get himself sent off,even with ten men we scored another three goals and our very own Mikel Aranburu scored Bordeaux's second to get rid of the claims we're not very sporting,as for the Zurich game.....no mercy.

December is a tough month as we face Inter,Barcelona and Valencia as well as Athletic who are the last team to beat me in the league as well as the last team to actually stop me scoring!We have the Club World Cup but I am not too bothered about it as I don't see any real threats barring whoever the South American representative is.Iker Sola is Iker Sola,he is a guy who will not quit scoring.End of November and he has scored 70 goals in 22 starts which shows how deadly he is up front by himself!

I still can't believe Sola's scoring record, just crazy. Is there anyone for other teams who comes close?

He never ceases to amaze me. You're going to get relegated when he retires ;)

70 goals in 22 games? He's averaging a hattrick every match? Sign that boy to a lifetime contract!

JackJCFC - Not really,best individual season I've seen was from Salomon Rondon at Malaga in 2020/21 season when he scored 40 goals.Boris Botaka (English Regen at Inter Milan) and Ramazan Saglam (Turkish regen at Barcelona) seem to be the most consistent scorers but don't even come close.

deltablue - He never ceases to amaze me and I'm his manager :lol: Not if I resign from Vitoria when he retires :D

70 goals in 22 games? He's averaging a hattrick every match? Sign that boy to a lifetime contract!

I wish I could,I can only sign him to 5 year contracts.His expires in 2028 which will make him very near 30 when it runs out!Hopefully he'll have a son just as good coming through our ranks!

He'll be here for life even if I have to break the bank for wages to keep him here!When he hits his 30s then I will try to convince him to become a staff member for the club.I don't expect him to have a son ever,he is one of those one of a kind legends.Like Dixie Dean,Gerd Muller and Messi for their goal scoring abilities.

Everything's still looking rosy in the Basque region!

Planning on a 100% league record this season? Could be a possibility!

Everything's still looking rosy in the Basque region!

Planning on a 100% league record this season? Could be a possibility!

Afraid it won't happen this season,we lost Barcelona 3-1 even though we are pretty comfortable at the top.

On a side note,there won't be any updates till Tuesday at the earliest as I've had to order a new AC Adapter for my laptop which has everything on it!

Nothing I can say can add to what everyone else has said, Sola is just a freak :D

After seeing his performances in the CWC,freak just doesn't cut it anymore!He scored 13 goals in 2 games,he scored 7 in the final against Velez!

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - The wait till Euro 2024 is nearly over!

Fixtures

Untitled-19.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

We did what we do best and that is winning.Japan scoreline did flatter us as they were alot better then the scoreline suggested.Decided on a double header against the Copa America Champs and we beat them in both games to show our superiority over them,the 2nd game we were rather unlucky not to have more goals as we hit the post,missed a penalty and had a goal disallowed.Beat Morocco without getting out of first game as they were never at the races,Man City central defender Marcos Ruiz out scoring Sola was a shock.Originally we were scheduled to face Finland but due to their participation in the playoffs,we managed to get a game against Cyprus who were two places above Finland in the rankings.Sola was in his usual mood as he put four past them!

The Euro Championship draw has been rather kind to us and with only Netherlands to cause a problem,we should be able to get through quite easy.Group E looks quite tasty as it contains Croatia,Serbia and Montenegro along with Russia!The World Cup qualifying draw has been really kind to us and I'm not even sure who is the major threat but I'm guessing with Poland or Bulgaria.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2023

Fixtures

Untitled-20.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-65.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well there goes the unbeaten season I was after,although we've not actually drawn any games so I'm going for a 37-0-1 season!Wasn't too bothered by the Inter defeat in the Champions League as we had already qualified for the knockout stages.We've been drawn against FC Twente in the knockout stage,which looks to be the easiest tie so I am expecting to win.The Club World Cup gave the rest of the World a taste of what Europe has suffered as Sola scored 13 goals in the two games including seven in the final.(That wasn't even Velez's heaviest defeat in the CWC,the lost to Man Utd 9-0 in the 2019 final!)The league saw us lose to Barcelona after we missed a penalty,hit the post and had a goal disallowed,it was a deserved defeat as we were 3-0 down at half time.We recovered well after the Barcelona defeat and kept going which is the most important thing.

January is going to be a rather annoying month,we start it off facing Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey before facing they're local rival At.Madrid in the league.As it is the Copa del Rey,I may get lucky as Real tend to field weakened sides in the competition but I normally tend to field our strongest side to make sure we go through.The league should be quite simple outside the At.Madrid game as we face Las Palmas and Numancia which shouldn't be too difficult.At the bottom,it looks like Betis want to break the lowest points total which currently stands at 13!As for Sola,at the end of this month,he stands on 92 goals in 29 appearances.He is also responsible for 45 of our 67 goals in the league which says it all.I could rest him for two months and he'll probably break his goalscoring record last season but I wouldn't want to do that!

Think rancer890 and cerud will like this.As for me,I don't as he moved to Real Madrid!

XabierEtxebarriaNews_Inbox-12.png

CurtisKaragaOverview_Profile.png

Looks like Canada have one hell of a good player on their books!

He is a very good player from what I saw in the Copa del Rey against us,we gave him a right good kicking in the first leg :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-21.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-66.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well if one thing has come from this month,its that I'm sick of Madrid teams!We demolished Real Madrid 7-0 on agg which set up another Copa del Rey tie against At.Madrid,an easy 2-0 win in the first leg set us on the way and I rested our attacking force as we drew 1-1 which gave us a 3-1 aggregate victory.We were very poor in the semi final first leg against Zaragoza but we won and now have to deal with the second leg without three players due to bans and this includes Sola!The league was a case of nothing to see here,move along.We waltzed past Las Palmas and Numancia.At.Madrid gave me a headache we fell behind,at 2-1 in the dying minutes,they had a corner and their keeper came up and hit the cross bar with a header,straight from that Sola finished a counter attack and secured the points for us!

February is mainly league games as we have four games with the toughest being Malaga,while the other league games are Osasuna,Zaragoza and Real Sociedad.We have the 2nd leg of the Copa del Rey against Zaragoza in which we are in a good position to go onto another final where we will probably face Barcelona in the final.We also have the 1st leg of the CL Knockout round in which we face Twente,we are away from home but I still think we can nick a away goal or two.A quieter month for Sola as he hit 13 goals to take his tally to 105 for the season,he needs one goal to equal last seasons record and two to beat it which he will probably do so in February.

Karaga looks fantastic. Too bad I can't get you to sign him. :lol:

He is a fantastic signing,the Canadians do have quite a strong first XI which includes our very own Angelo Roman (2 caps!) who is now worth £7 million.Hopefully we can have a few more obscure nationalities come through the ranks.

Holy crap!! I want Karaga on any team I manage now :D

Pfft he's just a poor mans Reuter ;)

He only settled for Madrid because he couldn't join you ;)

Most definitely,if you can't join the best then go for the next best option.Madrid's manager has lost his marbles anyway,he sold Russell Martin who was Madrid's major goal scoring threat to Utd at the start of the season!

Sola just keeps rolling. Fantastic work.

How are the Americans looking?

Cheers fella,there is no stopping that juggernaut.

America are 17th in the world but have only won 1 Gold Cup since the start of the save.Their best player plays for Real Madrid,with other big players playing for AC Milan and Malaga.(Will do screenshots at some point tomorrow)

Between Canada and America's national team,Canada look like they have a stronger first XI but America have more depth.

Cheers fella,there is no stopping that juggernaut.

America are 17th in the world but have only won 1 Gold Cup since the start of the save.Their best player plays for Real Madrid,with other big players playing for AC Milan and Malaga.(Will do screenshots at some point tomorrow)

Between Canada and America's national team,Canada look like they have a stronger first XI but America have more depth.

Never thought we would have the stronger starting XI. :lol:

Never thought we would have the stronger starting XI. :lol:

Me neither! But I'll take ti :)

Still doing ridiculously good! Karaga is possibly the best Canadian regen I've ever seen. Any amazing Australian's in your game? :D

I'm not sure what's the biggest achievement, winning the quadruple with that side (excellent 120th minute Champions League win btw :D), Iker Sola's absolutely ridiculous scoring records, or the fact you had a 1-2 on the Ballon D'Or with club academy players. :thup: This career has been insane really.

CSWalk - As promised here's the screenshots for the best American regens.David Metcalf - Nick Kamara and Chris Shearing.

rancer 890 and cerud - USA are still tending to use real players when clearly not good enough.Some other brilliant Canadians for you....David Campbell,Alex Dodds (I was once offered him on a free when I just got promoted to Liga BBVA!),John Olazabal,Thomas Garcia and our very own Angelo Roman.(Not too impressed with this,I'm in dire need of another left back for Spain as we have one under the age of 30!)

Scarman - Cheers fella :D I'm afraid the best Australia can do are Jimmy Mackenzie and Joshua Baartz.They are that much better then your next lot of players.

noikeee - Thanks :D I have to go with Sola's scoring ability,I've never seen anyone be so deadly up front by himself.One game left to February and he already has 109 goals in 39 appearances!

SRL88 - Cheers fella :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2024

Fixtures

Untitled-22.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-67.png

Manager's Overview

I'm actually quite disappointed with February,poor win over Sociedad and we dropped points to Osasuna in which this gave me the final proof that Iturri will never be as good as Sola up front by himself.Sola was banned for the Osasuna and Zaragoza games at the start of the month.Diez made his comeback from injury with a goal against Zaragoza.This is encouraging as it showed Diez hasn't lost his touch and will be the number two choice striker after Sola.We smashed Malaga and Zaragoza which was a brilliant response after giving them harsh words in the previous games.As for FC Twente,I was hoping to win by one or two goals but we won 4-1 which should leave us in a very strong position going into the 2nd leg in March.

March is quite a difficult month as we face Sevilla,Real Madrid and Valencia during the month,not too bothered about Espanyol,Almeria or Deprotivo as we should be able to beat them with relative ease.We also have the 2nd leg of the CL Knockout against Twente in which we are in a really good position to progress even further so it looks like we are putting some effort in to retain the title.Sola had a quiet month for him as he scored 6 in 4 which wakes him to 111 goals for the season.It's also Youth Candidate day during the month in which I am not too bothered about what we get although I would like a decent goalkeeper.

We've got to March,he scored two in the first game and two in the second game as well as a red card so he gets a three game ban.So far he's scored 115 goals,rested for two games and banned for five!He's scored 115 in 42 so hopefully he'l get to around 125 for this season.

111 goals in a season is crazy :)

Those Canadian players are unlike anyone we have currently in real life! Do you have so special Canadian player pack loaded up? ;) Where are these guys coming from?!?!

111 goals in a season is crazy :)

Those Canadian players are unlike anyone we have currently in real life! Do you have so special Canadian player pack loaded up? ;) Where are these guys coming from?!?!

This.

Canada chokes in all my saves. :(

cerud and rancer890 - The only thing I can find bout those six players are that they all come from the province of Ontario.Three come from Toronto,two from Scarborough and one from Oshawa.All the players bar Roman (who came through our academy) started off at Toronto. Unfortunately as good as Canada are in the game,they have been over shadowed by Mexico who have players who could probably play in any major team.

AK22 - Near the end of March,we've played 28 games and they still have 6 points.Think there on course for the worst league performance from a team.I thought At.Baleares were bad last season when they picked up 13 points but this is funny :D