1,507 posts in this topic

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2023

Fixtures

AprilFixtures-1.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-59.png

Manager's Thoughts

April has come and gone and we have ended the month as league champions due to a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid.We had a bit of a poor finish to April with losing to Athletic when we absolutely battered them and then drawing with Real in which we were lucky to come out with a point.The rest of the games were pretty straightforward and Almeria were very lucky to only concede four goals as we missed a penalty,had a goal disallowed and hit the woodwork 4 times!We stunned Chelsea in the CL as we won 3-0 which gives us a very good advantage going into the 2nd leg at the Chelsea Stadium (built in 2022,holds 58,750!)

May is here and boy it is a tough month.We have Valencia,Barcelona and Malaga in the league which is a very tough run in but I have the league wrapped up.We have the Copa del Rey final against At.Madrid on the 24th which again will be a tough fixture.We have a 3-0 lead over Chelsea but I cannot take anything for granted and we need to play our best to make sure we go through,we will then have a potential final against Arsenal or Real Madrid.If I do get through then I want Arsenal for beating me in the Euro Super Cup and last seasons CL semi-final!

To be fair,most of them did come against Fodder sides like At.Baleares,Osasuna and Celta.Those three games alone saw him score 10 goals!

Was indeed,the league has been wrapped up and now all we have is the Copa del Rey final against At.Madrid then the Champions League final against Real Madrid!

They did it,the boys really went and did it!!!

RMadridvVitoriaInformation_Overview.png

To top it all off....

Untitled-12.jpg

Nice Treble :) And Champions League again for next year too! Congrats!

Incredible season, the first of many i expect.

Last minute of extra time- that's the way to do it! :D

deltablue - Indeed we are and it feels great!

cerud - Thanks :D I'll do my best but there's no guarantee we can win it next year as well due to Tottenham's heavy spending!

SRL88 - Cheers fella :D

JackJCFC - Thanks!I hope so,I feel we won't hit our best squad overall for another few years yet.We've had defenders through which we lacked overall so we will be better in the future.

AK22 - I have to be honest,when Reuter scored I did punch the air in celebration :lol:

No goal from Sola in the CL Final? Big game bottler, is he? ;-)

Nice one! I'm guessing that Real's Russell Martin isn't Spanish?

[c] - Not really he did play a big part in the game,he provided both assists :p

Deisler26 - Cheers fella :D

rancer890 -Thanks :D

buzz2k7 - Cheers! :D

MadDog - Thanks!Nope,he's Welsh which I think is a miracle considering the lack of talent they normally have.He will no longer be a pain in my ass,he's just moved to Man Utd for £27 million!

Just go here and download will be on the page.

Excellent work! You've destroyed the youth challenge in only 12 seasons :D Too good!

Scarman - Thanks :D I had no idea I had done in that quick.Thank god I'm in Spain where we seem to have a lot of talent coming through.

cswalk08 - Cheers fella :D

I am looking to get the updates done today as I've not been at home for the last few days to do them.

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - The wait till Euro 2024 continues!

Fixtures

Untitled-13.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

Not really much to say as I'm getting very fed up with friendlies now and I can't wait till 2024 when we finally get some competitive games.The game against Croatia was absolutely phenomenal as we took apart the third best team in the World,Sola literally destroyed them himself as he hit an astonishing 5 goals in the game.The game against Egypt was disappointing as it was very close but they finished better so congrats to them as they became the 2nd team to beat me with Spain in 3 years.At this points it is only 351 days till Euro 2024 kicks off and we get to play some meaningful games!

The wait for national sides between competitions suck :) ...I usually end up leaving and join a new national side before a tournament out of bordom.

Well I've already decided to quit Spain in 2026 but it's waiting for competitive games which gets to me but I'm loyal to Spain as my character is Spanish so I'll just have to grit my teeth and wait :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - End of Season 2022/23

2022/23 Transfers - To show that I am following the rules by not signing anyone.We actually made money from a youth player and we get to keep him as they did not want to pay the agreed price so it still leaves us with a £750k profit on a player which we get to keep which is a very good sign!The two released were never going to make it so I let them go.

Competitions

Liga BBVA

League Table

That ended up looking easier then it actually was.Considering At.Madrid were really pushing us come February,they basically handed the title to us as we maintained excellent form for the rest of the season.A thing to note was that my two losses did not come at the hands of the big boys but against Real Sporting and Athletic Bilbao which shows even the best can have off days.We set new records for points and goals scored,this was our most dominant league performance to date and the only way we can surpass this is if we can go unbeaten in the league.The most goals we scored in a league game was 7 which occurred four times during the season,six goals by us in a game happened twice with the majority being four or five in a game,hopefully we can carry on dominating the league like this.

Champions League

Winners

I cannot believe what has happened in this competition,has to go down as one of my greatest achievements.We destroyed our group which contained Juventus,Celtic and Red Bull Salzburg as we recorded 5-1-0 stats and scored 27 goals in the process to top the group.We were drawn against Inter in the first knockout but we showed our fight at we won 4-2 on agg in which the 3-1 victory at the San Siro played a massive part.The quarter finals saw us up against the reigning Premier League Champs Tottenham,a thrilling 5-3 victory and a plucky 1-1 draw saw us clinch a 6-4 agg victory to send us to the semi final where we face Tottenham's rivals Chelsea for a place in the final.A comfortable 3-0 victory in the first leg helped us through as we lost the second 2-1 which gave us a 4-2 victory overall to face our Spanish rivals and the CL holders Real Madrid in the final.Real drew first blood in the final but we came back strong and MAR eventually equalized in the 49th minute,after that both teams squandered chance after chance and it went to extra time.Extra time bought more of the same and I honestly thought this was going to penalties but in up stepped Reuter in the last minute of extra time to send Vitoria fans into raptures as we clinched the Champions League title with pretty much the last kick of the game!

Copa del Rey

Winners

We destroyed Hercules 12-1 in the 4th round which didn't give us any trouble.The 5th round was against Malaga and they gave us trouble for both games as we snuck a 2-0 agg victory which was secured in the 2nd leg.The Quarter Final against Las Palmas saw two very poor displays in a game we won 4-2 but after both games,I gave the players a rocket up the ass.Again we were poor in the first leg of the semis against Real Oviedo but they were just as bad as we won 2-0,I changed formation for the 2nd and the players ran riot as we won 8-1 on the night to claim a 10-1 agg victory to setup a final against At.Madrid.As for the final itself,we showed our lethality in front of goal as we won 3-0 but other then that it was quite a even game but Sola did what he does best and that was score as he netted a brace to set a 3-0 victory to set a 3-0 victory up.

Supercopa

Winners

Deportivo's performance was an absolute joke,I fielded two weaker starting XI and we still managed to win 9-1 on aggregate.The major star was Ander Diez who scored five of the nine goals over two legs.Hopefully whoever we will face next season will put up a better performance as this was bordering on embarrassing but a win is a win at the end of the day and it shouldn't matter with how it happens.

Players,Stats and Awards

Best XI 22-23 - Overall Best XI

Iker Sola

Was the clubs top scorer hitting 106 goals in 55 games,no really he scored over 100 in a season which was almost godlike considering the standard of opposition in the league.70 goals in the league which was a new record,18 in the CL which was a new record and 18 in the cups.The guy even scored 17 in 8 at international level!He won so many awards,he won Balloon d'or and World Player of the Year to start off with,he also won CL Golden Boot,European Best Player,Golden Shoe,Jugador espanol del ano,Maximo goleador espanol,Pichichi and Fans Player of the Year.He is undoubtedly the best player to come out my academy and will post more my next post to show his current biography and his career stats in full.

Miguel Angel Rodriguez

Destroyed his own assist record and came out with 55 during this season which I doubt will ever be beaten.He also scored 29 goals in 59 appearances,he was pretty much unstoppable during the season.He averaged at 8.11 from 59 games and that wasn't even the highest average rating which is a pretty shocking stat.Has a buyout clause of £175 million which only Real and Barcelona can afford so he is pretty safe here.His performances saw him pick up Jugador del ano and Champions League Best Player.

Markel Aranburu

Played his first full season in centre midfield next to Reuter and performed absolutely brilliantly.Played 56 games,scored 9 goal and provided 14 assists and came on leaps and bounds has a player during the season so it was a managerial master stroke from me,has a rather unique record of 17 yellow cards without getting sent off and averaged a very impressive 7.3 from his appearances.His performances saw him awarded with Jugador joven del ano.

Special Mention - Daniel Reuter

He has become something special in recent season,the once gobby youngster has matured into a very excellent player.He is the major player in the centre of the park and showed how good he can be as he scored 23 and provided 26 assists while averaging 7.75 for the season.His buyout clause has been upped to £46.5 million and has the Spanish big two,Arsenal,Tottenham,Man City and Bayern interested in him but he is going nowhere and I will make sure of that.The best ever player to come out of Luxembourg and may be able to go on break their international appearance record.

Overview

An amazing season overall and we won the Champions League with players who have come through the system.Just relying on youth has seen our finances rocket and we currently sit at £96 million in the bank which is very remarkable considering where we were 12 seasons ago.We currently sit at £405 million in the rich list which puts us in 6th place and we are now regarded as the third biggest Spanish Club sitting behind Real Madrid and Barcelona.However,on the world scale,we sit in 10th place for biggest clubs.Give it a few more seasons and we could be at the top of the ladder.For improvements at the club,we are having our training facilities upped and we are having another stadium expansion which should take the ground to around 31,000 which I think will be the last expansion as it's not often you get expansion room of double the original capacity.

With regards to my future,I will be here till 2027 at the earliest and I will look to keep going till Sola retires and should have a new stadium or have had one announced,then do the same in England starting at level 8.I will be quitting the Spain National job in 2026 after the World Cup to concentrate on club football but by then,I am hoping Vitoria have become the biggest club in Spain if not the world.I have attempted to choose a new feeder club and this one comes from England in the shape of fallen giants....Liverpool,at the end of the season I rejected Barcelona's massive offer after Ancelotti retired so here's to my future and hopefully Vitoria's future as the biggest club in the World.

Season        Division            League       Cup       Continental      Avg.Att              Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12    Tercera Div.Grp 4       2nd         N/A           N/A            418              Promoted!  
2012/13    Segunda Division B3     9th         N/A           N/A            646              Survival!
2013/14    Segunda Division B2     9th         N/A           N/A            712          Copa RFEF Runner Up
2014/15    Segunda Division B3     3rd        1st Rnd        N/A            827          Won Promotion Playoff!
2015/16     Liga Adelante          7th        3rd Rnd        N/A           1487        Self-Proclaimed Entertainers
2016/17     Liga Adelante          2nd        4th Rnd        N/A            900              Promoted!
2017/18      Liga BBVA            12th        5th Rnd        N/A            900              Survival!
2018/19      Liga BBVA             5th        5th Rnd        N/A          11771        Europa League Qualification! 
2019/20      Liga BBVA             6th        WINNERS      Quarters       11343            Won a trophy! 
2020/21      Liga BBVA             1st         Semis       WINNERS        11838             Won Double!
2021/22      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS       Semis         17450           Domestic Double!
2022/23      Liga BBVA             1st        WINNERS      WINNNERS       23066             Won Treble!

A quick look at the making of a legend known as Iker Sola.

Iker Sola - Biography

Career Stats

Season          Apps      Goals     Av.R
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14           9          5       7.07
2014/15          45         12       6.90
2015/16          43         35       7.48
2016/17          39         13       6.94
2017/18          36         20       7.15
2018/19          24         15       7.33
2019/20          51         29       7.27
2020/21          59         49       7.46
2021/22          58         78       8.11
2022/23          55         106      8.57

International    30         41

TOTAL           449         367  

Manager's Thoughts

Undoubtedly the best performing player to come out the academy,has played 9 full seasons (he came though in in March 2014) and got a very impressive record of 367 goals in 449 appearances if you include internationals which every single one of his goals has come under my management!He needs 633 goals to reach 1000 and probably has about another 10 seasons left in him so it will be next to impossible but 800 looks like it can be doable if you include international goals.

At this moment in time,he has the club record for league goals with 251 league goals and still has quite a bit to do at international level,he currently has 41 goals for Spain which puts him 33 behind Fernando Torres (no...seriously,Torres has the record!) and 34 to make it his own.If I was to arrange simple friendlies against nations like Andorra and San Marino then he would definitely do it but that is against the way I play but I am more then confident that he will be able to break that record.

Dominating things now fella :thup:.

Cheers fella :D Long may it continue considering the players are a few years off their peak!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season 2023/24

Club Information - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Untitled-14.jpg

Doesn't look like the best on pre-seasons on paper but I spent pretty much the whole of pre-season using youngsters coming through the system and not my actual first XI.My 2nd XI beat Zenit so there was no need for me to play strong teams in meaningless friendlies.I got a surprise after the QPR game,their manager Paul Lambert came out and said we were the biggest team in Spain!

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga

Ignacio Romero

Miguel Angel Rodriguez

Iker Sola

Every successful team has a strong core and these four are ours,note the fact most of them are bald so if shave Zubillaga's hair off then he may get even better!All I can hope is that they carry on performing like they have done for the last few seasons,these are our keys to dominating the Spanish league system and they have not reached their primes yet which is very encouraging.

Overview

My main focus for the new season is the Club World Cup as that way we are crowned the World Champs!Even though that's my priority,I will still be focusing on the other competitions as winning them will help increase the clubs reputation and with Barcelona not doing as well in recent years then it should be only a matter of time before we overtake them.My secondary aim is to go unbeaten in the league as we have come close in previous seasons and I reckon it will happen in the next three seasons to put this team down in history as 'The Invincibles.'

In the end I couldn't get a feeder club as the board allowed me to pick then they didn't agree,our training facilities are being upgraded which finishes in November and should give us State of the Art training facilities,the stadium is being expanded again and will be finished in October.Youth Recruitment was a no go and I'm not even sure what I have to meet in order to up it.Here till 2027 which would put the majority of the current first XI around 27/28 years old which is when I should be looking at bringing the next lot through.

I bow down to Sola. I thought my Eweka-Terzi duo was awesome but he can outscore them both combined!!!!!!

Sola will easily get more goals than appearances by the end of his career.

Sola's stats are disgustingly inhuman :)

deltablue - He is a weird one,never had a striker who plays better up front by himself then with someone.

JackJCFC - I hope so,he's certainly made the right start to the season scoring 5 goals in 2 games.

cerud - I do believe it is no coincidence that the season where Sola scores 106 is the same season where Messi and Ronaldo both retire :D

cswalk08 - We should be able to get it with only minor issues coming from whoever won the Copa Libertadores.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2023

Fixtures

Untitled-15.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-61.png

Manager's Thoguhts

Start as I mean to go on for both the club and Sola,we won the first trophy of the season by beating At.Madrid 6-1 on agg.The most impressive thing about that was we beat them 4-1 in the first leg with my 2nd XI and I didn't even have Sola on the bench!Bought in backs for the 2nd game and he scored his first of the season.He followed that up with a 4 goal haul as we beat Numancia 6-0 in the league in which we were reduced to ten men after 68 minutes as Daniel Reuter was sent off!

September sees the start of the Champions League and we have quite a tricky group even though we were 1st seeds,we start the campaign off against Zurich but we will also have ties against Inter Milan and Bordeaux.The league isn't too difficult as the most difficult game is against Malaga but I am confident that we can dispose of them,the rest of the games don't really appear threatening,Sevilla could cause trouble but I expect that off the Europa League holders.

Would you mind selling Sola to my Dover team? I'll give you £80k, and the ownership of the team.

How about loaning him to Ruggell for a season to partner Schneider and Zimmermann? I'm sure it would bring out the best in all three players :D

Numancia took a bit of a spanking.

cswalk08 - I'll have to turn it down at this moment in time,Sola is absolutely vital to our success,maybe in a few years when Ander Diez will be able to step in to fill comfortably.

Scarman - Wouldn't want to be playing in the Super League if I was up against those three.As I said for cswalk08,maybe in a a few years when Ander Diez can fill in with no troubles what so ever.

TheGreatTraveler - Was poor Numancia,don't worry though,they weren't the only team to receive a spanking!Zurich in the Champions League took a worse one :D

SRL88 - They have won since then so it has improved for them.I think other teams have taken worse as Sola is showing no mercy what so ever.

Thanks fella :D Needless to say the 100% win has carried on till the end of September in a month of chaos,panic and disorder for the opposition :p

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2023

Fixtures

Untitled-16.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-62.png

Manager's Thoughts

Another month,another trophy,this time in comes in the shape of the Euro Super Cup as we literally destroyed Sevilla 6-1 to claim it.Only Malaga escaped a thumping and have scored the only goal against us but they were still no match for Sola.Osasuna,Zaragoza and Zurich in the CL felt the thumpings even though the game against Zaragoza saw us hit the post three times.The league game against Sevilla was actually pretty poor as we did not play to our best but we still won 3-0 to maintain our 100% win rate.

October is a bit more of a tricky month as we face Inter Milan in the Champions League and Real Madrid in the league so I won't actually mind drawing those two games to keep an unbeaten streak going.Espanyol always seems to be a tricky tie for us and again we will need to be at our best but other then that we should be okay as there are no real major threats.Sola was on fire this month as he hit 21 goals in 6 games to take his tally to 26 goals in 8 games,only one word can sum him up.....unstoppable!

Also just noticed 22 goals for and only 1 against. Great defensive play!

Someone needs to throw a bucket of cold water on Sola.

He is still getting better every year ! I think he will get atleast a thousand goals for yur team