One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well you certainly proved me wrong :lol: Congratulations, let's see if you can do a Mourinho and win the Europa/Champions League in successive seasons.

Ahem!!! Dont forget Paisley and Benitez :cool:.

deltablue - We beat AC Milan 4-1 in pre-season so hopefully we can replicate some of that form in the tournament.

cswalk08 - Nope,not a werewolf.I sold my soul to the devil to win these cups :D

To win La Liga for 10 seasons without any transfers is just absolutely unbelievable, great job! Just want to mention two things: you didn't show us who is your latest youth prospect and it will be interesting to see screenshots from all of your regular starters. Again, congratulations for the title!

With regards to the Youth Candidate Day,there were no youth prospects good enough for us so I let them all go.For regular starters,I'll get it done in the pre-season report.I'll do the starting XI and do a section for Youths I promoted at the end of last season.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - 2021/22 - Pre-Season

Club Overview - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

Pre-Season.jpg

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

First XI

GK - Jose Zubillaga

DR - Inigo Santos

DC - Rodolfo Bodipo

DC - Ignacio Romero

DL - Javier Barandiaran

MC - Daniel Reuter

MC - Markel Aranburu

AMR - Miguel Angel Rodriguez

AML - Unai Gurrutxaga

ST - Aitor Iturri

ST - Iker Sola

Overview

Not much difference to other pre-seasons except for preparing for Champions League action.To help with match fitness I did decide to arrange a couple of extra friendlies which seemed to have helped so far,the most notable of which was beating a strong AC Milan team which helps convince me that we could possibly put in a good performance in the Champions League.The expectations should not be too difficult to meet based on last seasons performances but I will need the goalscoring spread out as I don't want to solely rely on Iker Sola has that may put too much pressure on him.All expectations are achievable if we play to our fullest and if I don't meet the Champions League expectations of reaching the group stage then I do deserved to be sacked!

A couple of improvements regarding the club,we are currently undergoing a stadium expansion which will put it at around the 22000-23000 mark but extra money will come in useful in the future.We've also had the Youth Recruitment improved and it now sits at average so only a few more and it will be around the top with teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid.Also a bit of sad news occurred in pre-season,we've parted ways with Carlos Goni,he played 304 times and scored 100 goals.He came through on the 2013 Youth Candidate day.He wanted a mutual termination,I gave up the third time he asked so he is now looking for a new club.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2021

Fixtures

AugustFixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-41.png

Manager's Thoughts

Three games in August for us and two wins,a draw and a loss on penalties.We performed our speciality of winning with 10 men in the first leg of the Supercopa,it only took us 10 minutes into the game to see a red card as Barandiaran was sent off but even with that we are in a strong position as the 2nd leg is at ours.We beat Granada in a thrilling game in which I rested a number of key players,even with a lot of second string players,we can still match the bottom half of the table,the notable thing was Diez scoring his first senior goal.The Euro Supercup game was a disappointment as we actually matched them throughout and we narrowly lost out on penalties which is horrible.The one thing I did not from the game was that Arsenal only fielded one British player which is quite disgusting considering I started with 10 Spanish,once I'm done with Vitoria then I will go to England to show them how it is done and starting at level 8 as well!

September is here and the Champions League group,we've been drawn against AC Milan,Benfica and Sparta Prague which is quite a nice group considering we were third seeds,I am pretty confident we can get through the group.We have a 2nd leg against Malaga in the Supercopa and a tough game against Valencia but other then that,it doesn't look too bad and we should be able to rack up a few points in the meantime.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2021

Fixtures

SeptemberFixtures-1.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-42.png

Manager's Thoughts

Was a brilliant month and we claimed another trophy as we won the Supercopa as we drew the 2nd leg to claim a 3-1 aggregate victory which sealed our 4th trophy under my management.Champions League kicked off with victories over Sparta Prague and Benfica so we are in a good position so far,the league saw us pick up 10 points as we won 3 and drew 1.Out all of these matches,they all had one thing in common and that was Iker Sola scoring,he has started the season on fire as he already has 11 goals in 9 appearances as well as 3 in 3 at international level.If he can keep that up then he could possibly get near last seasons total.

October has 3 tough games as we travel to the San Siro in the Champions League to face AC Milan and we have league games against Real Madrid and Malaga.We should be able to get a minimum of 6 points from the league but it is all dependant on when the Copa del Rey starts but I am pretty confident as we do face Malaga at home and we tend to do better at home but I am hoping Sola will carry on with his scoring run as this could be a very successful season for the 23 year old.

Thanks :D Your right in saying the Champions League is the only major trophy I have not won but it will follow soon.....I hope!We also have the Euro Super Cup and Club World Cup as minor trophies but they should come in due time.

SRL88 - Thanks :D We have done well but wait to you see the first result of October!

cerud - Definitely has to be me being good for them.

Raware - Thanks :D Give it several years and we'll be top of the world.

rancer890 - Meh...I give myself a C for must try harder :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2021

Fixtures

OctoberFixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-42.png

Manager's Thoughts

October has been the Iker Sola show (more on him next post).The only game he didn't score in and we only scored one which was against Malaga which was a good performance anyhow.We look to be on course for qualifying in the Champions League as we drew at the San Siro which was the most difficult gam but I am disappointed with the fact that Sparta Prague actually beat AC Milan at the San Siro!I think it's safe enough to say we are through in the Copa del Rey as Sola hit 5 as well as score his 200th goal for Vitoria.The league campaign has gone brilliantly so far and was very impressed with the win over Real Madrid but it looks like Barcelona will not be giving in this season and it looks to be those games which will determine the league.

November doesn't look to be too difficult a month with the hardest game being against AC Milan in which we will have home advantage,other then that the hardest game is away to Bilbao but I know if we play to our best then I don't thin we will get beat but that doesn't mean we should underestimate the opposition as football can be a funny old game.

I mention October was the Iker Sola show and here is how he is faring so far.

IkerSolaOverview_Profile-12.png

Has to be one of the best strikers with maybe exceptions of Chris Ord and those mentioned in the Hall of Fame for goal scoring of course as well as the real life Messi and Ronaldo!

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - World Cup 2022 Qualifying

Fixtures

SpainFixtures-2.jpg

League Table

WC2022qualifying-1.jpg

Manager's Thoughts

If you ignore the last two results then it was a perfect run,the Mexico was a tough game in which a draw was a fair result and Cyprus gave me more headaches then rest of the teams combined.I am ecstatic with the perfect record in qualifying although I was slightly embarrassed with the fact I scored more goals against San Marino away from home then I did when we were at home.The biggest shock was definitely San Marino winning a game followed up by us sticking 6 past Sweden earlier in 2021.I am looking forward to the World Cup as we do better in competitive competitions then we do in friendlies.

Thanks :D We were the only team to have a perfect 10 in qualifying.France and Italy had 9-1-0 while England and Wales had 9-0-1.What stopped England and Wales getting perfect records was each other,unfortunately Wales lost in the playoffs!

That's right,they lost to Turkey who amassed 14 points in their group so it does seem to be a bit unfair.They both finished on 27 points,England had a goal difference of 33 while Wales had a goal difference of 32 which shows how close it was.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2021

Fixtures

NovemberFixtures-1.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-44.png

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was easier then I thought it would be,won every game.The closest game we came to dropping points was the Athletic game where we were losing 2-1 but two very late goals saw us steal the points in a totally undeserved victory.Our Champions League group has produced a massive shock,the third seeds (us) and the fourth seed (Sparta Prague) have actually qualified from the group so Benfica and AC Milan are fighting it out for 3rd place!Iker Sola scored 10 goals in 5 appearances as he didn't play against Sparta Prgaue,he currently has 34 goals in 20 appearances so he only needs another 15 goals to equal last years record so I am praying for no major injuries.Most remarkable was two four goal hauls against Denia in the Copa del Rey and Tenerife in Liga BBVA.

December doesn't look too difficult as we face bottom of the league in Salamanca and relegation battlers Osasuna.The two hardest games in the league are Celta and an under performing At.Madrid.I honestly think the Benfica game will be the hardest but I may just field fringe players as we've already qualified in 1st place so it gives the first teams a rest for the league.

Proto Tarkula - Thanks :D He is a beast and may even break his own goalscoring record from last season.

Scarman - We have done well but as they say all good things must come to an end.

deltablue - We've done really well,most of the work has been done by Sola,I wish the rest of the strikers would contribute a bit better!

World Cup draw is in and the news have basically called it a easy group.

WorldCupGroup.jpg

So Turkey,Iran and Senegal.If we play to our best then we should finish top in style.

AK22 - Looks a good group and we avoided one of the harder groups.

Raware - Thanks! He's Okay but he can do better :D

rancer890 - It did but we messed up during December and got shocked by the surprise package in the league.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2021

Fixtures

DecemberFixtures-1.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-45.png

Manager's Thoughts

December turned out to be a tricky month and I didn't like having so many away games either.We did well in the Copa del Rey and we should be through considering we have four away goals to our name,the win against Benfica was brilliant as they outplayed for the majority on the game and we scored on the counter.We had two impressive wins over Celta and At.Madrid while we messed up against Osasuna.We became the latest victims to Sporting who have surprised many teams this season,I am disappointed but it was a controversial game as we were reduced to ten and they were rewarded a bull**** penalty in the process.

January is quite tricky as we face Barcelona and Sevilla in the league but the other games are more simpler but we still need to play to our best to make sure we get the points to help keep us top.I feel confident about beating Las Palmas as we are already 4-1 up from the first leg.On the Iker Sola watch,he's made 26 appearances and score 43 goals.He needs 6 more goals to equal his record last season and needs 10 more league goals to equal last years tally.

Archived