One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

Bodipo is such a beast, great improvement on the sponsorships as well though the local company deal made me laugh :D

Maybe next season you can get a CL spot?

He is indeed,think he will probably one of the first to get a call up to the national team.The previous NT manager was a bit of joke as he just picked players off reputation.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cswalk08 - Cheers fella :D

Flamers - Thanks!Don't worry,they will be going all out otherwise they may find themselves cut :lol:

deltablue - Thanks :D I am hoping that this is the start of things to cup.

JackJCFC - Cheers mate!There will be no...errrmmm....bias off me :rolleyes:

cerud - Thanks :D As a professional,I have to say I will only select the best players available and if they happen to play for Vitoria then so be it.They will only play if they are on form.

SRL88 - Cheers fella :D

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season 2020/21

Club Overview - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-98.png

Was a shortened pre-season due to Europa League and Supercopa participation but it was pretty much the ideal pre-season for us.The only downside was the MVV game where we were 2-0 and 3-1 up,after the match I let the players know I was angry.

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga - GK

Rodolfo Bodipo - DC

Miguel Angel Rodriguez - AMRC

Iker Sola - AMC/ST

I have literally ran out of things to say about these four as I believe they are the pillars of the team as they are the fours strongest in the their respective areas.They are also the four most likely to be called up to the Spanish National Team,we do have a few others who are not far off them in ability but for now they still remain solid and I can only hope the continue to do what they do best.

Overview

Pre-Season was a case of same old same old as nothing has been improved other then the sponsorships.I am still waiting for Youth Recruitment to be improved as we are still on Fairly Basic youth recruitment but it seems to be a very hard one to improve but it's just a case of wait and see.My main aim this season is to break the top four in which we have come close in the last two seasons so I see no reason why we can't do it.The Europa League has given us a fairly tricky tie in Serbian side Rad but I feel we can see them off to make the group stages.I don't mind another season in Europa League as it will be helpful to our seeding for when we finally make the Champions League.

I still have another three years on my contract by that point I do want us to be challenging for the title which should be more then achievable based on recent seasons and our luck in players coming through the ranks but I cannot just rely on luck as luck does eventually run out.I feel it will be around 2028 when we could be battling for the Champions League title but that's my assessment and most of the time it has been wrong,I say most but I really mean all as we have massively overachieved to what I expected of the team.

spainlogo.jpg

Spain - World Cup 2022 Qualifying

The Group

FIFAWorldCupUEFAQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages.png

Overview

That is actually quite a tricky group.Russia,Sweden,Belarus and possibly even Macedonia could cause threats so I guess it sucks to be San Marino in this group!I am more then ready for this and want to get off to a flyer as we are at home to Belarus then away to Macedonia in our first games.No friendly will be played in August as I don't want any players getting injured that early in the season especially with my non-bias selection.I have lined games up against Wales (33rd in rankings) and Scotland (19th in rankings) so hopefully they will accept.

Updates will for the national team will normally be done in December and June with exception of playoffs and tournaments as they will each warrant their own update.

SRL88 - As long as we play to our fullest then I am quite confident.A few regens in the Spanish side also have impressive physicals which should help in bullying teams off the ball.

AK22 - This group contains four of the top 30 with Macedonia and San Marino the outsiders but I like a challenge :D

deltablue - Already got the tactics sorted so hopefully we can prevail with room to spare.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2020

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-99.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-32.png

Manager's Thoughts

Supercopa up first and we gave a battling and sturdy display as we drew 2-2 in the first leg which was a fair result,we could have won it if our finishing was better but we didn't so it's a case of move on.The 2nd leg will be tricky as they are at home and have the advantage of two away goals.

Europa League saw us up against Rad in the qualifying,I thought this would be tricky but with the way we played,it was anything but tricky as we won both legs with ease to record a 7-1 aggregate victory.The group stage draw sees us drawn against Dortmund,Dnipro and Maccabi Haifa so 2nd place is more then achievable if we play our best.

We kicked off our league campaign in emphatic style as we beat the reigning champs At.Madrid 3-0 in the first game of the season.The 2nd game was another tough one as we were away to Barcelona,we never really threatened to cause an upset as they comfortably won 2-0.The bright side is that is two of the tougher games out of the way so things can only get easier.

Thanks Guys :D

We lost in the Supercopa but it was a close game and we have kicked off our Europa League group stage in style as we beat Borussia Dortmund 3-1.

On the Spain front,we beat Belarus 4-1 and Macedonia 3-0 with one player scoring all 7!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2020

Fixtures

Septemberfixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-33.png

Manager's Thoughts

The only downside of the month was losing to At.Madrid in the 2nd leg of the Supercopa but other then that it has been a cracking month.We kicked off our Europa League Campaign with a cracking 3-1 win over Dortmund and have kept up with the early pace setters in the league.This month has also seen the rewards of letting our team off the leash when it has come down to attacking so long may that continue.

Next month sees us play Valencia and Real Madrid for our most difficult games but considering we've already faced Sevilla and At.Madrid and won while we lost to Barcelona shows we have got most of the difficult games out of the way and I'm feeling pretty confident of doing well this season.

deltablue - Thanks :D I am quite surprised with how we have started as I didn't think we'd be this close to the leaders.

I've just finished my 3rd game in charge of Spain and we produced this and I know it was only San Marino.

SpainvSanMarinoInformation_Overview.png

Two Significant things came from this match:

1 - Vitoria's very own Rodolfo Bodipo made his debut for his country and scored.

2 - Tomas scoring 6 for his country which set two new records for the country,most goals in one match and top goalscorer for a season!

TomsOverview_Profile.png

He actually plays in Liga Adelante for Osasuna but is a product of Barcelona's Youth setup.You are also reading this seasons record right,3 games and 13 goals!

SRL88 - Thanks!I am actually quite shocked that Spains best forward plays in the 2nd tier.Porto are interested so I am half expecting him to move seeing as he is transfer listed.

john1 - He is indeed,no offence to Osasuna but he deserves to be at bigger club.Thanks,hopefully it will carry on.

swalk08 - It's a start but wait till you see October ;)

cerud - He is and hopefully he will to.Quite surprised Barcelona let a talent like that go but some big clubs don't how to use their youngsters.

arinceo - No,I don't want the season to end till the end of October at least :D The better established sides are not as strong as they once were due to things like ageing as well as the need to gel as some get a lot of players in which need to gel whereas we don't.I think we could be challenging as early as next season.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2020

Fixtures

Untitled.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-34.png

Manager's Thoughts

An excellent month although with our scoring I could say we were a bit 'two' repetitive but we got through the month unbeaten and could possibly sit top of the league if I win the game in hand which I think is the first time I could ever do that.If you take out the Valencia game then the hardest match was surprisingly the Copa del Rey game against Granada as they made us fight till the end.We are now 3 for 3 in the Europa League and I will be damned if we don't qualify now.We were supposed to face Real Madrid this month but due to the Copa del Rey game it has been rearranged for December.

November looks to be a straight forward month with Espanyol look to be the trickiest tie we have to face in the league.Granada and Dnipro will also be tricky ties as they are both away from home but if we play to our best then we should be able to get past them.Here's to what I hope can be another successful month.

He is a good player and would have to appear in my backroom advice for a recommended striker knowing full well I can't buy anyone :lol: It was only San Marino so I will be aiming for double figures in the return game.As for the top two,we will be first till at least the 2nd week of December!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - November 2020

Fixtures

Novemberfixtures.jpg

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-35.png

Manager's Thoughts

The cup games first and we easily disposed of Dnipro in the Europa League which also secured European action after Christmas.The game against Granada was very tough and we just edged it to give us 4-2 on agg which secures a tie against Sporting in the 5th round.The league saw more perfection as we won every game,Espanyol was the most difficult game which we struck lucky as we didn't deserve anything out of the match.The other close game was Almeria but it only appears close as we had two goals disallowed and Romero sent off but we took advantage of Real slipping up to give us a 4 point lead.

December is a bit trickier as we have fixtures against Malaga and Deportivo as well as finishing the group stage of Europa League off and the first leg of the 5th round against Sporting.I want to do well in the cup so hope to win them,as for the league I'd be happy taking 3 points from the league as that will keep us top till at least 23rd December.We've been nothing short of brilliant and hopefully that will continue.

Archived