One Day We'll Basque In Glory!

B.W.G

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be a bonus,we were making £1million profit a month in a 900 seater stadium due to low wage budget and TV rights.I'd be happy with selling 5,000 tickets a game,if we sell the stadium out constantly then I will be demanding a lot from the board with regards to facilities and recruitment network!

AK22 - Thanks :D I hope it does,even if it just the Europa League!

Tactic Master - Thanks :D Comparing Sola to Balotelli,all I can say is that I approve of that comparison :lol:

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Pre-Season - 2018/19

Club Information - Facilities - Board Overview - Expectations - Finances

Pre-Season Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-75.png

Overall,it was quite an impressive Pre-Season showing.The game against Evian was a lot more even then the score line suggested as it was our finishing that let us down.The next three games were to help with morale but all games were a good showing.For the last pre-season game against Brescia,I was not expecting to dominate the match like we did and to score six against the Serie B side was brilliant.

The Team

Team Report - Tactics

Key Players

Jose Zubillaga - GK

Is turning into an excellent keeper for the club and is a regular feature in the Spanish u19 team but has just earned a call up to the u21 side so it's another step up for the youngster.With regards to what I would like from him,I would just like him to carry on improving.If he concedes less then 58 this season then I will classify it as a positive step up in performance from the youngster.

Rodolfo Bodipo - DC

Not a lot I can say about Bodipo,he is a favoured personnel with the club and will eventually reach Club Icon in the next few years.He is the most consistent performer for the side over the last few seasons.He is a brilliant defender and is one of the best in the league when it comes to key headers.All I hope for him in the new seasons is to carry on the way he has done since 2015.

Miguel Angel Rodriguez - AMR/AMC

Regarded the best player in the team and is still only 19 years old.A very good AMR but does not need to work on consistency a bit as he very rarely puts on brilliant performances on a consistent basis.He was brilliant in the Copa del Rey but he was one of many who suffered a loss of form at the end of the season.For the new season,I hope he can up his performances a bit and carry on improving.He is another member of the u21 club and probably one of a few who can eventually step up to senior level.

Iker Sola - AMC/ST

First player at the club to gain a continental reputation and has been compared to Mario Balotelli by some.He had a very unusual season last season where he scored 20 but was sent off 3 times.He is only 20 but is already regarded as a Club Legend alongside Carlos Goni and Iker Lekumberri.This season,I would like him to score a minimum of 20 considering he is our number one striker.

Overview

Pre-Season was rather good with exception to the Evian result which wasn't the best way to open the Stadium but the Brescia game more then made up for that.Training and youth facilities are being upgraded once again and we still have £12 million in the bank which is a pleasing sign so all in all,the foundations are ready for the next step up.We have also sold more pre-season tickets then we had for a capacity crowd last season so that should bring in some money.The board want us to avoid relegation but I would love a top half finish and I believe we are truly capable of that.

The downsides to pre-season comes in the form of sponsorship and the fixture list.With regards to sponsorship,we actually have 5 Sponsorships with the largest being £138k per season which is the stadium sponsorship,the other sponsors are £51.54k p/y,£35.97k p/y,£9.31k p.y and £1.31k p/y which brings us to a total of £236.13k a year which isn't really a great amount.The opening fixtures have been quite cruel to us,two of our first three games are Real Madrid and Barcelona but it's better to get them out of the way first.We welcome Espanyol as the first opponents at the Vitoria Stadium and hopefully we can do them 5-1 again.Bring on the second season!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - August 2018

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-76.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-10.png

Manager's Thoughts

Just the one game for August which was an away trip to the champs.We were not doing too badly as we drawing 1-1 then controversy struck as Inigo Snatos was given a straight red card in the 85th minute and they they took full advantage of us being a man down as they finished us off with two goals in the last 5 minutes.TO say the least I was not impressed with the reffing but our games against Real always seem to have a bit of controversy involved in them.

Outside the Barcelona game,September doesn't look too bad a month and I reckon we could get a few points on the board.We have games against Espanyol,Betis and Real Sociedad in which could easily get points from.Barcelona and Sevilla are definitely the harder games of the month and both of them are away from home so they will be very tough.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - September 2018

League Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-77.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-11.png

Manager's Thoughts

We welcomed Espanyol as the first visitors to the Vitoria Stadium and a Iker Sola double got us off to a flyer in what was a back and forth game.There was nothing to see in the game against Barcelona as they absolutely battered us throughout the match.We were unlucky not to win in the game against Betis as we were the better team,Aitor Iturri got a double but was controversially denied a hat-trick by a dodgy offside decision.The Sevilla game was an embarrassment,we didn't show up and we didn't even show up when they went down to 10 men,definitely one to forget.We ended the month on a high as we beat Real Sociedad 4-0 in front of a record 9,827 people.Don't let the scoreline fool you,Real Sociedad were the better team except for in the finishing department.

October looks like we could get a few points as we face bottom of the league Celta and a under performing Valencia.Other games we have are against over-achieving Sporting and a game against Basque rivals Athletic.If we can get 4 points out of this it will help us move away from the bottom pack.Can't believe that their is only 4 points between 6th and 19th!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - October 2018

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-78.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-12.png

Manager's Thoughts

First up were Athletic,we are getting closer to beating them in the league but at the moment we are not up to their level,Athletic target Iker Sola got our goal.We avoided being shown up at Celta by winning 1-0 with Iker Sola getting the winner to keep them with no wins at the time.The game against Sporting was our first ever 5 figured crowd as 10,181 showed up to see us teach Sporting a lesson in finishing as we walked out 4-0 victors as we scored 4/8 on target with Sola getting another two.The first leg of the Copa del Rey was played,was mainly a well disciplined performance with exception to Reuter's rash challenge which earned a straight red.Goni got his first of the season.

November sees a easier month in terms of quality with Valencia being the best side we face in the league.We also have Hercules,Almeria,Getafe in the league and the home leg against Mallorca in the Copa del Rey.From that,I want qualification to the next round of the Copa del Rey which is definitely possible and maybe 6 points in the league which should help keep up the pressure on the teams in the top half.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - November 2018

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-80.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-2-1.png

Manager's Thoughts

Bad start to Novermber but not in result wise but with the fact that Iker Sola has been ruled out for 6 months in the game against Hercules in which he scored the only goal for the team and it means our top scorer is out for a long time.Carlos Goni scored the only goal of the game against Almeria which also saw the start of a mini clean sheet streak of three.The game against Mallorca was pretty boring with the only highlight being a controversial red card for Aitor Iturri while the game against Getafe was a snoozefest.The result against Valencia was definitely the highlight of the month,a brace from Unai Gurrutxaga and some heroic defending from Inigo Santos and Jose Zubilaga saw us claim a priceless three points.The downside was Carlos Goni going off injured who will now be out three months!

December is a tricky month as we face Malaga straight away,we have Zaragoza,Osasuna and Villarreal so they are not as difficult as the Malaga game.The Copa del Rey draw as seen us get Real Madrid,so that is me expecting two more games filled with controversy and bank on it that we get a red card or a dodgy decision in their favour in any of the two legs.To be 5th at this stage is remarkable but it is still very close in the league so we need to keep up the impressive performances but the pressure on Iturri,Tena and Mikel Rodriguez has definitely been cranked up as we don't have two of our main strikers for 3 months!

JackJCFC - Thanks :D Will be difficult but with it being so close,anything can happen.

SRL88 - Thanks :D We are going through a difficult spell with regards to injuries,we have Sola out up to 4 months,Goni out up to 7 weeks and MAR is out up to 7 weeks as well and we have Real Madrid twice at the start of January!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - December 2018

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-81.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-13.png

Manager's Thoughts

We started off with a defeat to Malaga,I have no problem with that except it was our poor finishing which stopped us getting anything from the game so I was quite disappointed but we were against a much superior team.I'm going to skip the Zaragoza result as we were that poor.The Villarreal game was one of those where everything went for us,they were the better side had more chance and possession but we showed our superior finishing,Iturri got one but the biggest shock of the game was Tena getting a brace who has now played 27 times for the club and has scored 3 goals!The game against Osasuna was probably the easiest game we have had this season,they did have chances but we dealt with them pretty easily.

January is looking like a horrendous month altogether.The easiest game is definitely the game against Deportivo,the other games we face are against At.Madrid as well as facing Real Madrid three times.I am really expecting nothing what so ever,our best bet will probably be against Deportivo as we are at home for the match.

At least most of the sponsorships are expiring in a couple of seasons which means the next deals should be a lot higher, still things are looking really good financially and you're on your way of having top facilities, the future looks very bright.

You don't have any players moaning about wanting to move to a bigger club?

Scarman - Should be fun,I am actually looking forward to it!

SRL88 - True and it gets them out of the way for the rest of the season.

deltablue - It is a shocking prospect,I'm guessing if I can get to the top then they will probably be our major rivals.After this season I will have faced them 6 times in 2 seasons!

Coentrao - The lowest amount for sponsorship ends this season with others ending over the next two.I constantly get them moaning but I basically tell them to shut up or tell them to see where we are in a years time which normally keeps them happy.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - January 2019

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-82.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-14.png

Manager's Thoughts

For the Copa del Rey,I couldn't even field my full strength team as we had four injuries and three suspensions which made things a pain in ass.We drew the first leg 1-1 but I am disappointed as we took the lead in the 85th minute but they equalized in the 89th minute through a own goal.The 2nd leg was tinged with controversy as their second goal was offside,we did pull one back but we couldn't get the 2nd which would have knocked them out.Losing 3-2 to Real Madrid is quite good,they may have played their youth players but they have some cracking youngsters in their ranks.

The league saw us dominate Deportivo and claim a priceless 3 points even if we did have Ricardo Santamaria sent off late on but it was too late for Deportivo to take advantage.In my opinion the game against At.Madrid was the most impressive result of the game,it was a very even game but a 91st minute winner from Aitor Iturri saw us snatch three points when a point would have been a fair result.The game against Real Madrid had yet more controversy,this time coming from us,we were given a controversial penalty which Goni converted on his first game back from injury,that saw us snatch a point and give us a laugh at real's finishing at the same time.The shots stats for us were 7 shot,5 on target,the shots stats for Real were 31 with 14 on target,it was definitely one of those games for them.

When I saw the fixtures for January I was honesty dreading it but to walk out the month with 7 points is absolutely brilliant considering who we were facing.Deportivo was the easiest game like I predicted,the result against At.Madrid was a complete shock and the games against Real always seem to be tainted with controversy but it gives the fans entertainment.February sees us play Barcelona and Sevilla for the really tough games,if we can get through it in good shape then we do stand a good chance for a decent fight for a shot at a Europa League spot.

Excellent, excellent month for you there B.W.G :thup:. To have such a tough month and come away without defeat is fantastic, and you put a brilliant effort up in the Copa Del Rey.

Thanks :D I feel I could have done better if I had all players available as it was a weakened Real Madrid side but you can take the league game against Real and raise it with this!

VitoriavBarcelonaInformation_Overview.png

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - February 2019

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-83.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-15.png

Manager's Thoughts

The Barcelona game was a major highlight to show how far we have come in 8 seasons,other then that it was a pretty shocking month all round so I won't be looking into it at all as we were very poor in all three games.

March is here and it's the start of a easier run in for us so hopefully we can rack up a few points in the process to keep the pressure up for a European place which will be an amazing feat.Athletic Bilbao and Valencia appear to be the most difficult games for the month but at least the Athletic game is at home.With it being March,it brings us the Youth Candidate Day and hopefully we can have some more decent youngsters through to carry on a bright future for both us and Spain.

SRL88 - Thanks :D

JackJCFC - Think that may be a bit harsh on Sevilla,they are a good side but we were worse then rubbish against Betis and Espanyol

Flamers - We were lucky,Sevilla's shooting was very poor and we got off lightly.

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - Youth Candidate Day 2019

Youth Candidates

CDVitoriaYouthCandidatesSquad_Players-5.png

Erik Imaz

ErikImazOverview_Profile.png

Overview

Imaz is the only player to have leading Liga BBVA potential but there are few others such as Barrenetxea and Leonardo who will make very useful backups in the future.With having so many bright youngsters,I think it may be time to look for a feeder club to help the youngsters develop.

He looks really good, great natural fitness, already a decent level of stamina and good teamwork,work rate and determination, just probably needs to work on that acceleration and pace.

Also has decent crossing if you want to make him a full-back(since he has the wingback position) but i guess that you will play him as the defensive midfielder of your midfield-two but looks like he is going to be a great player.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - March 2019

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-84.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-16.png

Manager's Thoughts

A much better month then Februrary.We showed Real Soicedad our superior finishing even though they did have the better of the match but if you take your chances then it is your own fault.A pleasing performance against Bilbao saw us battle for a draw in which it could be a vital point come the end of the season and it was also pleasing to keep a clean sheet.I was content with a point against Sporting as they did outplay us but again,our finishing saved the day which was marked by the goal scoring return of Iker Sola!We finished the month with a victory over bottom side Celta,we deserved this victory as we were the better side with Sola among the goals again which is pleasing.

April is an important month as we need to start racking up the point due to 7th place qualifying for the Euro Cup due to Real Madrid and Barcelona competing in the Copa del Rey final.I think 10 points should put us in a good position come the start of May but we really need to play to our fullest abilities and hopefull we can increase our goal scoring rate as that has been lower this season.

Coentrao - I do have a secondary formation of a 4-3-3 (according to the game) where he could play the DM position which is his best position,I've only been playing 4-2-4 as I didn't really have a spare DM or MC for quality but that will be solved in the future as the youngsters get older.

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - April 2019

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-85.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-17.png

Manager's Thoughts

I cannot believe what just happened and that is in a good way!Five wins from six while scoring 19 goals in the process and not only that,we have secure European football next season!It's hard to pick out which was my favourite result but I will probably go for beating Valencia 2-0 on their ground,okay so they finished the match with 9 men,it was over by the time the second player was sent off!I have no complaints with the Malaga score as they are the leagues top scorers and we basically scored two goals from two shots on target do they did thoroughly deserve the win.

May is now here,we have three games and a very possible chance of Champions League football.We face Villarreal,Deportivo and At.Madrid in the remaining games and what ever happens,I can be proud of the lads for how they have played this season!

We missed out on the last day of the season.We were in 4th going into it against At.Madrid who were 6th,they won 2-0 and Sevilla lost 2-0 to Malaga so we finished in 5th!

CDVitorua.jpg

C.D. Vitoria - Liga BBVA - May 2019

Fixtures

CDVitoriaFixtures_Fixtures-86.png

League Table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-18.png

Manager's Thoughts

In the end,we just fell short of a Champions League place but we still qualified for the Europa League with ease.The game against Villarreal was shrouded with controversy as we were reduced to ten,had a stonewall penalty denied and they scored their second in an offside position but even though we were reduced to ten,if our finishing was better then we could have snatched something.The game against showed was one they edged but our wingers had other ideas as they spoiled the party by scoring our goals to show superior finishing.The game against At.Madrid determined our fate to which European Competition we would play in,we had no answer to At.Madrid's domination and they thoroughly deserved the win so we missed out on the last day of the season but a Europa League campaign may help better in the long run regarding seedings.

Archived