Bebetu

AI CHEATING?10 man playing better than 11?

60 posts in this topic

Well I have had such huge wins due to playing against 10 men too. But I didn't change anything, so chances are whatever changes you did had nothing to do with the big win.

I'd say, based on the amount and types of complaints this forum gets, that most people use tactics which are massively attacking and rely on the same types of chances to score. When a smaller team plays them, or a team goes down to 10 men, these teams will shut up shop. By doing so, they're taking away the chances that the human usually scores from.

What I'd suggest is happening with you is that your tactic makes a variety of different chances which means shutting up shop will not be half as effective against you as it would be against most. Basically, you have a solid all-round tactic that will lead to success in most situations with the right players, whereas most people need everything to be in alignment for their team to fire. You don't need to make changes in most cases.

I'd say, based on the amount and types of complaints this forum gets, that most people use tactics which are massively attacking and rely on the same types of chances to score. When a smaller team plays them, or a team goes down to 10 men, these teams will shut up shop. By doing so, they're taking away the chances that the human usually scores from.

What I'd suggest is happening with you is that your tactic makes a variety of different chances which means shutting up shop will not be half as effective against you as it would be against most. Basically, you have a solid all-round tactic that will lead to success in most situations with the right players, whereas most people need everything to be in alignment for their team to fire. You don't need to make changes in most cases.

Learned well, you have.

Kept a look out for this last night on my save

Had 2 games were my opponents have a player sent off and I won both games

These "AI is cheating" threads always amuse me lol.

I have in, Football Manager and real life, had a team with 10 players and even 9 players, and gone on to win the match. In a real life game we were down to 9 men and losing 2-0. We won 3-2.

And in FM I was down to 10 men on more than 1 occasion and won the match in a dramatic last ditch attack with everything from the kitchen sink to the goal keeper lumped forward.

The funny thing is - if the opposite happened, if the OP had been down to 10 men and came back to win the game the thread would be titled "OMG I'm the greatest manager on the planet".

It's when things go against you that you feel it's unjust and the "ai is cheating" - which is a load of crap.

To the OP - post a thread where something goes right for you in a game... I never see threads around here with "The AI had made all his subs and his player got injured and was down to 10 men, it was amazing" - you will see the exact opposite in the form of "Substitution Bug" - followed by - "Anytime I make 3 subs one of my players gets injured EVERY TIME GRRRR"

Why don't people post about when bad things happen to the AI? Because they don't notice them - or think it's a gift and they are happy about it. When it goes against them then start the waterworks!

well it does in theory, i do see the AI changing formation muliple times go from attacking/defending and back again very quickly, this is more so at 10 men. i think that is impossible for a player to do in the game.

i had 10 men myself and noticed very little change in performance of the team. for me it depends on WHO gets sent off, AI happily go and exploit a hole in defence.

Press Pause (space) then do Quick Tactics. Unpause (space).

You don't know when the AI implemented those changes though - it could have implemented them 5 minutes prior in game play.

Many formation changes carried out by the AI are very unrealistic, and it is possible that tactical changes are made by the AI at each stoppage in play.

AI "reads" game and make changes at every stop possible,while users cannot do this.I found this very unrealistic and i think "real life" footbal is much easier mainly because there are not sliders.This sliders can put in blure even most dedicated players while AI exploits sliders easily.Another thing that bother me is that after ai make tons of changes it never perform worse and in theory should perform worse just by making such a quantity of changes because players in real life are not robots.

AI makes changes in the same ways you do, but because you're watching a highlight it looks like they're doing it instantly. They're not.

10 man Hearts beat St.Mirren 5-2 in January after going 1-2 down.