Too many "dodgy" results.

Funny, when people see a "whining" thread there are 47 replies. When someone asks a similar question without an implicit criticism of the game 0 replies. Interesting....

There's a reason. Over the years there have been so many FM myths flying about, largely as a result of the whining threads, that a lot of people have actually taken them as true. Things like, for example:

• AI cracking tactics
  • AI super goalies
  • AI rubber banding
  • Scripted matches
  • Hard coded inferior conversion rates for humans

If you start believing any of the above, then your chance of getting to grips with how to be successful in FM drops hugely. In terms of these forums being a useful resource for the user base, it is very important that bad advice and false assumptions are dealt with. That way, the vast majority of people reading the forums get helped, not put off, by the information within.

bury getting relegated from league 1 isn't the problem, it is the fact they got relegated from league 2 the season after and keep losing in the playoffs and thier team is almost the same.

and bury have played above league 1. they were in the championship for 2 seasons in the late 90's

My bad. Misread it. However, they only survived going into the conference in the last match of the season in 06/07.

I don't see why a club that's been relegated into the conference should bounce straight back up. Or that successive relegations are unrealistic. Very few clubs have bounced straight back out of the conference. Lots of clubs have been relegated two seasons in a row. Why is it a problem?

Things like this happen all the time in real life football. Every season is different, and if it would be the same it'll be boring. Man United 1 - 6 Man City, Chelsea 3 - 5 Arsenal, Tottenham 1 - 5 Man City, Man United 8 - 2 Arsenal. Whoe expected these results? It just happens in football, anything's possible.

I've had some extremely dodgy results in my save. I've drew a game 1-1 where I've had 30 plus shots and they didn't have a single shot, it was an own goal. Just happens, and it does happen in real life.

the main issue is the dodgy match engine.

and the fact away form is broken (play chelsea away scrape a win, then get outplayed away at liecester, just no not possible that team turn into muppets)

and match engine being dumb. conceded a penatly for a foul that happened in the box when the ball was not in the box but about to be crossed in. that is dumb and irritating.

the main issue is the dodgy match engine.

and the fact away form is broken (play chelsea away scrape a win, then get outplayed away at liecester, just no not possible that team turn into muppets)

and match engine being dumb. conceded a penatly for a foul that happened in the box when the ball was not in the box but about to be crossed in. that is dumb and irritating.

Although there are bugs, errors and irritations in the ME, your getting outplayed by Leicester is an issue all of your own making. Start working out what you might be doing wrong, rather than blaming everything else under the sun.

There's a reason. Over the years there have been so many FM myths flying about, largely as a result of the whining threads, that a lot of people have actually taken them as true. Things like, for example:

• AI cracking tactics
  • AI super goalies
  • AI rubber banding
  • Scripted matches
  • Hard coded inferior conversion rates for humans

If you start believing any of the above, then your chance of getting to grips with how to be successful in FM drops hugely. In terms of these forums being a useful resource for the user base, it is very important that bad advice and false assumptions are dealt with. That way, the vast majority of people reading the forums get helped, not put off, by the information within.

So you can probably understand how some, genuinely in need of help, get frustrated when the forum seems to use up more energy disproving threads it doesn't approve of, rather than providing effective help to less shouty posters?

issue of my own making? it is the same for all away games i was keeping them out and they are like 6th in the table and are acctually hard to beat. but it is always away from. and most of the goals i concede are because of randomness happening in away games with the match engine (players ignoring the ball right infront of them happens often, in real life they would control it or clear it) i am not doing anything wrong, i got oddities against chelsea. i had a corner, the ball ended up infront of thier goalpost and a goal kick was awarded. silly stuff like that gets irritating. and can contribute to the result offsides when the player clearly isnt.

you play worse away that happens, i take whatever happens i scraped 1-0 wins away from home that are hard fought with no ME screwovers.

AI goales are pretty good sometimes.

and the scripted matches are not a myth.. they are when you hit "play" to start match, you can change the script though.

Away matches are tougher. Stop focusing on minor ME errors and work out a coherent, sensible away strategy. You'll then start to improve your away form. It is all in your hands.

and the scripted matches are not a myth.. they are when you hit "play" to start match, you can change the script though

Yes, they are a myth. You are confusing "scripted" with the necessary mechanics of the ME. As you point out, you can change the "script". Hence, they are not "scripted".

So you can probably understand how some, genuinely in need of help, get frustrated when the forum seems to use up more energy disproving threads it doesn't approve of, rather than providing effective help to less shouty posters?

This doesn't make sense, people expend a great deal of time helping lots of other people.

i said they were tougher. that is one of the reasons for these crazy results look at the AI ones.

if a minor ME error costs me a match then that is an issue, at home i go attack away i play more defecive. and work the results, unbeaten season last season.

the ammount of corners and goal kicks from balls that don't cross the line is insane though really.

and i have had a fair few teams scoring from thier only chance no matter the gulf in quality.

sometimes you get the odd unexplained one though

i'm not. i'm explaining away form can develop the strange results.

it is all well and good setting up tactics etc, but i have no control of players playing sluggish or misplacing passes like crazy away from home, that is what anmoys me. a team plays some crazy narrow formation, so i say exploit the flanks. ball never goes there.

there is a big differance in home and away sometimes.

This doesn't make sense, people expend a great deal of time helping lots of other people.
In my opinion more time is spent by the forum as a whole proving those who decide the game is at fault for their bad form wrong, than providing effective help.

As I said, my opinion, don't see how you can't make sense out of such a simple observation?

In my opinion more time is spent by the forum as a whole proving those who decide the game is at fault for their bad form wrong, than providing effective help.

As I said, my opinion, don't see how you can't make sense out of such a simple observation?

Read around, people try and give help. You're arguing with me here, while people are trying to give you advice on your thread, including me.

that is exacly what i am saying. one of my few defeats in my "unbeaten" season was a "freak" result in some terms. i outplayed barca needing a goal, players just wern't at the races in terms of shooting which happens, and lost to thier only shot on goal. cant complain team played as i expected bar the finishing and was satisfied but dissapointed at the team performance, it happens in real life all the time.

if i tried my home (4-2-2-2) attacking tactic away from home i can expect some heavy defeats. due to all those things like the sluggish play etc, opposition team are more up to it, therfore harder to play as you like. so have to change things. i sometimes let assman do a game (he beats man city away all the time) as he uses a flat 4-4-2 i dont have on my prefered formations. but most of the time a 4-5-1 (or whatever the default 4-5-1 acctually is) doe to my defencive mids being decent and also decent wingers.

4-4-1-1 seems to work a treat when i have used it.

i have had one freak result go my way. a 0-3 win against sevilla with reserves.

complacetency is probably the problem, yet you can see that at the start of the game team talk.

Read around, people try and give help. You're arguing with me here, while people are trying to give you advice on your thread, including me.
Read around more, you'll find the threads with the most posts are the ones where people are critical of the game. Human nature I guess, but a reasonably simple premise.

Read around more, you'll find the threads with the most posts are the ones where people are critical of the game. Human nature I guess, but a reasonably simple premise.

That's because when someone wants help and is receptive to it, they are usually assisted quickly, they become happy, and they stop posting, or move to more topical forums such as the career updates, tactics&training, editors lounge, LLM, whatever they want to do really.

The people who, as you put it, are 'critical' of the game, often don't actually want their issues to be resolved - at least, they don't seem to. But that doesn't mean that they won't receive some, ahem, constructive suggestions. It's not hard to see why those threads drag on, for anyone who's spent any time on any internet forum on any topic.

Archived