Big Club, Small Country - Challenge

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That damn Finnish manager just keeps pushing Finland up higher, they're now up to 38th in the world. They drew a pretty gnarly group for World Cup though so hopefully he chokes on the pressure.

With one week left to go in the mid-season transfer window, Inter is sitting +6 up at the top of Serie A and have only had one loss this season. We've also qualified for the First Knockout Round of the ECC.

So other than the a-hole coaching Finland doing really well, I'm doing good in the challenge so far. :)

Dinamo Minsk/Belarus 2013 Season Review

Squad - League

We won the league again but it was mush closer this year. Had to sell most of my top stars as they wouldn't sign new contracts. Got quite a bit of cash in though and have been able to get the board to improve facilities again. Also helped by getting past Derry, Sheriff and APOEL to reach CL group stage. The group looked a killer and thought we would get destroyed every game. Somehow we actually managed to finish 3rd. Madrid failed to score against us as we beat them at home and drew over there. Chelsea in the KO stage was too much and they thrashed us 7-2 on aggregate. It all means plenty of cash which will help to develop the stars.

Youth Intake

New bunch came through and we have three 4* potential players and a 3 1/2* which is good news.

Kashevskiy

Makovskiy

Mironchik

Makovskiy

Belarus News

Bernd Stange is not doing me any favours. He has pushed Belarus up to 30th in the world rankings. They somehow managed to beat France away and some good friendly victories over Turkey and N.Ireland. Euro qualifying group doesn't look to difficult either with Portugal proving to be the thoughest opponents. With the other teams being Moldova, Denmark and Hungary they have an outside chance at qualifying.

Real Madrid/Panama - End of Season - 2012/13

A very successful domestic season, we started off with winning the Super Cup comfortably and never really looked back, Barcelona are not the team they were last season this may be down to the fact that Guardiola took the Spain job and Barcelona appointed Ancelotti, whenever we dropped points they seemed to drop points too so our gap widened constantly throughout the season winning the league at the Nou Camp with 4 games to spare. I finally got over my personal hoodoo of doing the double the only real scare was Villareal in the quarters where i needed penalties to beat them. Europe was a different kettle of fish however, easily through the group stage only dropping 2 points set up a meeting with Lyon. We lost the 1st leg in France 2-0 but I was confident we could turn it around at home despite them not having a shot at goal in the 2nd leg and us having 26 we could only manage a 1-0 win and crashed out of the Champions League.

League Table

Spanish Cup

Champions League

Another couple of Panamanians came through the youth academy, with Striker Pablo Gallardo looking promising for Panama, not quite got the potential to be Real Madrid quality, and a defender Carlos Diaz who doesn't even look Panama quality let alone Madrid quality

Youth Intake

Pablo Gallardo

Carlos Diaz

In Panama news they are in the final group of World Cup qualifying where they are currently unbeaten, and their manager is relatively young so I may have a bit of a wait for the job to open up

North American World Cup Qualifying

Fancy taking part

Today Partizan Belgrade have announced there new manager former Montenergrian International Danilo Djuradji

After speaking to the media after the heartbreak of a career ending injury against England in the euro qualifiers he stated "he couldn't wait to make Partizan to be a force in European football again"

Dinamo Minsk/Belarus 2014 Season Review

Squad - League - Champions League

Third league success on the run but it's getting a lot closer. Went down to the wire this year and we were lucky enough to get the point required on the final day. Lot of potential in the squad and the CL money is meaning we can upgrade facilities on regular basis. Struggling to attract the best coaches though. Think we may need to have a decent run in a European competition. Managed to edge past Linfield, Omonoia Nicosia and Anderlecht to reach the group stages. Had another tough group and we were the whipping boys as we didn't get a single point.

Youth Intake

Not a great intake this year. Only 3* potential but I'll be giving them contracts to give them a shot at improving.

Mikhail Afanasiev

Leonid Afanasiev

Igor Osipovich

Belarus News

The new fella is doing quite well and remains unbeaten 7 games into his Belarus career. Results include away draw in Hungary and shutting Portugal out for a 0-0 draw at home. Even with the decent results they have dropped to 35th in the rankings.

Real Madrid/Panama - Youth intake - 2013/14

So the latest crop came through with 2 more Panamanians but they dont look the most promising

Youth Intake

Arturo Rivera

Jose Jesus Rios

Rivera may just have enough potential to be an International player but I cant see him being a Madrid player. The Spanish players seem to have a bit of potential though I could have the next Ricardo, Andres Palop, Fernando Hierro and Michel Salgado.

Still checking in here and it's good reading folks progress ... Even if i'm not able to play at the moment, since the update patch i cant load any of my save files (all coming up with errors) and don't feel like starting again incase all my saves end up this way ... Good luck guys.

Haha, quick update as i played a couple of games today.

Won the world club championship, and also beat real madrid, who sacked Mourinho (After all those comments he said about me in the media..fool)

I am top with Barcelona, and eagerly anticipating the transfer window (Currently in mid dec of first season)

Watching Wanyama (Sp?) of celtic, to see if i should sign him and try and make him a Kenyan star.

PS: Forgot that it was actually fun to play a big team game at times too :)

fnordfjord.jpg

First transfer window has come and gone and we're still riding high on top of the Serie A. We've started playing a little shakier, getting a few draws when we should have won and getting a pretty disappointing draw against Empoli in the Italian Cup Semi-final first round. Finland meanwhile continues to rise in the international standings even though they haven't hired me as manager yet. it may be a few seasons before that job comes available.

Jim, how did you get hired as the U21 coach? I don't even see that job listed.

fnordfjord.jpg

First transfer window has come and gone and we're still riding high on top of the Serie A. We've started playing a little shakier, getting a few draws when we should have won and getting a pretty disappointing draw against Empoli in the Italian Cup Semi-final first round. Finland meanwhile continues to rise in the international standings even though they haven't hired me as manager yet. it may be a few seasons before that job comes available.

Jim, how did you get hired as the U21 coach? I don't even see that job listed.

It was just by chance, I thought that they only had an under 20's side but a message came up with the draw for the FYI tournament so I clicked on Panama U21's and it said apply for job. I managed to arrange a couple of friendlies but apart from the tournament in the summer the u21's dont do much else.

I don't get how Ajax finished so poorly last year, maybe it is great having no European competition this year, but we have started with a bang, currently top, not sure we will stay there though, time will tell.

Anyway, Beat Heerenveen in 4th to make a 5 point gap between 3rd/4th to give us some breathing space and 2 days later, had a cup game against Go Ahead. This was 4 days before playing away to PSV, so I used it as rotation and made 9 changes. Time for a Surinamese invasion I thought, but I wanted to win this too. So went for reserves and 2 Surinamese were named in the squad aswell as 2 Dutch U21s.

Ajax 2-0 Go Ahead with Carlos Kinsiani netting his first goal in his first appearance and becoming Ajax's Youngest Ever Goalscorer with a neat turn and placed finish. Hopefully this won't lead to a Dutch call up!!

Lorenzo Pique, who I signed on a free, played 90 minutes at right back.

Progress for the Surinamese lads.

Real Madrid/Panama - End of Season - 2013/14

Real Madrid do the Treble

Well technically the quadruple if you count the Spanish Super Cup. A very successful season all round despite only earning 1 point in the league matches against Barcelona they were awful for most of the season. We had a fantastic season in the league only dropping 13 points while scoring 128 goals and only conceding 18.

The Cup was another routine success where we broke the Spanish record for goals in the competition with 36 including 11 over 2 legs against Sevilla. The Champions League was my greatest achievement. A routine journey through the groups pitted us against Ajax where we comfortably won 4-0 over 180 minutes to set up a quarter final with Bayern Munich, a 2-1 win in Munich followed by the same result at home put us through to a tie against Chelsea. We won the 1st leg 3-0 in Madrid before travelling to London where Ronaldo got himself sent off after 5 minutes, down to 10 men and we scored. In the 2nd half Ramos also saw red putting us down to 9 men but the tie was never in doubt and a 2nd goal on the night put us through to the final 5-0 where we would me our biggest rivals Barcelona. A tense affair but Sergio Aguero broke through the defence to score what would be the only goal of the game and the one that sent the trophy to Madrid

League Table

Spanish Cup

Champions League

In Panama news they missed out on the Play-off for the World Cup by 1 point. In under 21's news my 1st game in charge was a friendly against Syria we won 1-0 but it was a poor match. Another friendly against Armenia saw us lose 2-1. Onto the French Youth Invitational, and the big boys, where our 1st match was against Australia and we were outclassed 4-0, Portugal were next and we got the best result of my International career, losing 2-0 we managed to claw it back for a 2-2 draw, leaving us the simple task of beating Brazil to advance, 4 goals and 90 minutes later the dream was over. My job was not helped by Herrera choosing to play for Spain's U19's and Gallardo thinking he was good enough for Spain rejecting a call-up. The sooner I get the top job the better as I may be able to sway them with a full cap.

French Youth Invitational

[size=2][b]Real Madrid[/b][/size]
Season	| League	| Cup		| Europe
---------------------------------------------------------
2011/12	| 1st		| Runners-up	| CL semi-Finals
2012/13	| 1st		| Winners	| CL 1st KO round
2013/14	| 1st		| Winners	| CL Winners
[size=2]
[b]Panama Under 21's[/b][/size]
Season	| FYI
---------------------
2013/14	| Group Stage

I am guessing i would need to turn the dutch league on to get more Luxembourg players ??

Congrats Jim have you signed Bale yet he is immense at LB i think he got 18 Assists :eek: for me last Season

That might give you more players, or the Belgian league as they are next door too. The Chairman kept giving me more money to spend so I did indeed by Bale, he's been good in the AML position too when I've been short of players, also signed Hamsik at MC and he has been immense all season

That might give you more players, or the Belgian league as they are next door too. The Chairman kept giving me more money to spend so I did indeed by Bale, he's been good in the AML position too when I've been short of players, also signed Hamsik at MC and he has been immense all season

they they keep giving me money each year 1 transfer window i had £206 Million to spend iv bought Gotze Hummels paulo henrique lucas moura Damiao bale hazard and couple others along with the best regns money can buy squad looking awesome tbh

they they keep giving me money each year 1 transfer window i had £206 Million to spend iv bought Gotze Hummels paulo henrique lucas moura Damiao bale hazard and couple others along with the best regns money can buy squad looking awesome tbh

I know what you mean about the money, every 4 months they say finances have improved and add another £50million to the pot.

Isn't there a Luxembourg team in the Swiss League, maybe that would help?

Dinamo Minsk/Belarus 2015 Season Review

Squad - League - Champions League - Cup

We won the league comfortably with a lot of games to spare. Pleased with how the formation is coming along too. Trying to develop a very strong defensive formation. Can't see me being able to win the CL by outscoring the opposition so need to keep it tight at the back. Only 13 conceded in the league is a good start. The cup was easy enough and most of the games were played using reserve players. In the CL we swept Ulisses of Armenia and Zestaponi of Georgia aside. Hapoel Tel Aviv were stronger but we edged past them to reach the group stages for the third year running. Thought we had a chance of getting out of a reasonable looking group. Man City would be tough but I thought we could beat Shaktar and Fenerbache. Unfortunately it wasn't to be as we came 3rd after 2 poor results against the Turks. Still we have the Euro cup next year. Should all help to raise the clubs reputation so we can get better coaches and players

Youth Intake

Some of the recent intake have been getting first team action and performing for us. Yuriy Kashevskiy was back up target man but still started 20 games managing 11 goals and 7 assists. Vitaliy Milronchik started 23 games in the centre of midfield. Not as many assists as I would like but has still played really well. So with having some talent through recently I was hoping for better than the 3* potentials that came through. Also hoping to get some defenders soon. All the best youth players coming through are midfielders and strikers at the moment.

Shushkevich

Shtanyuk

Ass man said Shushkevich has the talent to be the most gifted player through the system in recent years. Don't see it myself but I'll give him a shot.

Belarus News

The new manager is doing me no favours at all. He has managed to qualify for the Euro's and raised the world ranking to 27th. He's only 43 too so no chance of him retiring. Disappointed he's not calling any of my youth players up yet. They look better than some of the first teamers.

Sold Dani Alves for 37 million to Man City. (only really sold him, as he was unhappy i fined him, the little twit)

Bought in Sime Vrjalsko, Aly Cissokho, Antoine Griezmann and still had money to spare, so managed to sign Damiao for the rest + a bit more :) Good day :)

Sold Dani Alves for 37 million to Man City. (only really sold him, as he was unhappy i fined him, the little twit)

Bought in Sime Vrjalsko, Aly Cissokho, Antoine Griezmann and still had money to spare, so managed to sign Damiao for the rest + a bit more :) Good day :)

Cissokho has been superb in my Lyon game, as has Griezmann, who I signed in the summer of '12

Not sure how I have done this but I am in the quarters of the Europa league with Minsk. Beat Tottenham 3-1 on aggregate and stumbled past D. Kiev 2-2 on away goals. Think we have come to the end of the road though as we have drawn Man Utd.

EDIT:Lost 4-2 on aggregate to United. Was leading 2-0 in the first leg until the 70th minute. I then made the mistake of trying to hold on to the lead and they scored two goals late on. I was completely outclassed in the return and not sure how we only let 2 goals in. In the end they had 11 CCC's to my 0

fnordfjord.jpg

March 17th, 2012

Youth intake for Inter this year looks really good, both for the club and for Finland.

2012youthintake.jpg

The three most promising were a superb M/AM© named Giacomo Pettinari, a solid AML (which fits great into my tactics) named Giovanni Migliore and a future Finnish star ST/AML named Markus Tuominen.

So far it's been a good year for Inter, we're still at the top of the table (up by +9 now), have made it to the Italian Cup semi-finals, and passed the Champions Cup first knockout round (barely edging out Olympiakos 1-1 and then 1-0 (where they had a denied penalty)).

So i've had my Save Game rescued and i'm back ... Here's my latest Sri Lankan Youth Prospect - Awesome name right!?

I'm into problematic territory now .. The Sri Lankan jobs are seemingly unavailable - Too many Sri Lankans have retired leaving too few to choose from i guess!? I'll try loading up the Indian League see if this helps any .. I may sign aload of Sri Lankan free agents to Man Utd reserves ...

Season 2012/2013 Review.

SEASON

Eredivisie - Dutch Cup

The season was a lot better for Ajax this time around, with no European football, I just wanted to bring that back. The quality of the production line here is insane. The league was won with 2 games to go, so I decided I would plays some reserves, youngsters and fringe players. Surinamese youngsters Kisniani was given 180 minutes over the last two games, after his goal in the Dutch Cup, he scored versus NEC and set up a goal versus NAC. The 16 year old with 2 goals and an assist in 3 games. Holland U19s wanted him, but I withdrew him from their squad, fortunately they haven't come back again, but he is good enough. Netted over 30 goals for Ajax U19s and Ajax 2 and 15 assists in 27 games. I am now his favoured personnel, so I hope I have some influence over his international future.

The cup was a poor performance, but I wanted to win the league and so I used my youngsters for it.

YOUTH INTAKE

I had a decent Youth Candidates and another class Surinam youngster come through. Unfortunately I was hoping for more than one, but quality is better than quantity.

Say hello to:

Gordon Kemble

SURINAM NEWS

Great news! He retired! The press were unsure who was in line, but I couldn't apply.. I soon found out why a couple of moments later. The Surinam Clique

Surinam are flying high in 96th.

Not sure I'll have a say anytime soon.

fnordfjord.jpg

End of 2011/2012 Season Report

The Goals

1. Win League Title - 2012
  2. Win Champions League - Not complete
  3. Win World Cup - Not complete

2012 Cup Finishes

• European Champions Cup - Runner Up - (Damn you Barca! We were 3-3 in extra time and then they manged to sneak one more in at minute 112)
  • Italian Cup - Winner - Barely squeaked by in a penalty shootout with Juve.
  • Italian Super Cup - Winner - Beating out AC Milan in extra time, 2-3.

2012 League Tables

Senior Squad - 1st place by 19 points, qualified for ECC.

U20's - 1st place Group 1 by 14 points.

Status of International Achievements

Manager for Finland - Position still filled by Mixu Paatelainen (Secure)

Finland World Ranking - Moved from 75th to 44th, peaking at 35th in January 2012

Fnord Fjord is currently in 5th place in the Finnish manager hall of fame with 51 points.

Archived