Football Manager 2013

I'd like it if there was some sort of interaction straight after a big sale, especially when the fans are annoyed. I just had to sell my best striker, a club icon, for £8.5m when he was rated at little over £3m. He had a year left on his contract and wouldn't sign a new one unless I offered him £32k a week. Normally I wouldn't think that's bad for a 30 goal a season striker, but he was in £1.4k and my max wage is £4.3k. He wouldn't budge on what he wanted so I cashed in instead of losing a goal machine for free. Fans went nuts though. Would love to be able to come out and say why, then I don't have to be reminded every month that my fans are annoyed that I sold him. Personally I thought it was a good deal considering I'm East Fife.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see this one small improvement. In the "team policy" screen I want to be able to specify the coaching staff member that does the opposition instructions and also to specify the staff member that does team talks. At the moment it simply defaults to your assistant for these duties. Well my assistant is not the best option for either but I do have coaches who really excel at one or the other and that's who I want to take care of these things. Yes I know you can select manually right before the match but I'd like to simply set it once and move on.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like it if there was some sort of interaction straight after a big sale, especially when the fans are annoyed. I just had to sell my best striker, a club icon, for £8.5m when he was rated at little over £3m. He had a year left on his contract and wouldn't sign a new one unless I offered him £32k a week. Normally I wouldn't think that's bad for a 30 goal a season striker, but he was in £1.4k and my max wage is £4.3k. He wouldn't budge on what he wanted so I cashed in instead of losing a goal machine for free. Fans went nuts though. Would love to be able to come out and say why, then I don't have to be reminded every month that my fans are annoyed that I sold him. Personally I thought it was a good deal considering I'm East Fife.
I'd like to see this one small improvement. In the "team policy" screen I want to be able to specify the coaching staff member that does the opposition instructions and also to specify the staff member that does team talks. At the moment it simply defaults to your assistant for these duties. Well my assistant is not the best option for either but I do have coaches who really excel at one or the other and that's who I want to take care of these things. Yes I know you can select manually right before the match but I'd like to simply set it once and move on.

Both of these changes, definitely *Thumbs-up*

Technically the thread should be called wishlish 2014. Anything suggested in here has zero time to be implemented or changed in the upcoming title.

Picky, picky :p

And the thread started in February - 8 months might not be long enough to implement any of the major overhauls that have been suggested but time enough for some of the smaller changes, especially given how many tweaks and fine-tuning SI manage to make between demo and full-release, and between full-release and first patch. I have faith ;)

Course, whether they actually think any of these suggestions are good ideas is another matter entirely xD

maybe the introduction of quick throws? i hate when your player could take a quick throw and put it through to a boy whos clear down the left then he decides to take a minute to pick up the ball and then they boy is marked...

This is with regards to PA of late bloomers. IRL sometimes you get players who plays for a lesser team or second division and doesnt have much of a reputation. All of a sudden after being with a good club, or playing in Europe or gaining some experience they develop into world class players at the age of 25-26. For example: David Villa played in Segunda until 22-23. He only made his mark after 25-26. Some of the best clubs (Including Man Utd) are looking to sign Guillherme Siqueira of Granada, and Michu of Rayo Vallecano. Siqueira had such a fantastic season he was even named in the La Liga Best XI for 2011-12. Siqueira is 26, and before his recent success he played in Segunda and also Serie D. So his transformation is fantastic.

How does SI give PI for such players. In FM 2012 Siquera has a PA of 150, Michu has 136. Even Benat (Betis) who is being scouted by the likes of Inter and Valencia has a rating of 148. Now SI researchers probably wouldnt know much about the ability of these guys when the game was launched as they came into prominence after a good season.

Which brings me to the all important point. Is it possible to have variable PA's? This means a players PA may increase through good training, experience etc. Likewise a player with high PA, ability might drop due to injuries, disciplinary problems etc.

This could totally change the game for the better. Think about it, when a player becomes 2.5 or 3 star from 3.5 or 4 star, you are likely to sell him and get someone with better ability. But what if the stars of a 25-26 year increase. You do get late bloomers and developers of football. Unfortunately FM2012 doesnt address this.

Look fwd to some feedback on this

Really like stefjanssens85's suggestion. In Spain it is the Sporting Director who makes the decisions in the transfer market-sometimes working with head coach, sometimes without-depending on the reputation of the head coach.

So it will add a twist in the game if you have to battle with SD to sign players. But then again when you cant make bids, offer contracts it takes out a huge chunk of the game.

maybe the introduction of quick throws? i hate when your player could take a quick throw and put it through to a boy whos clear down the left then he decides to take a minute to pick up the ball and then they boy is marked...

I've been asking for better ball return/ballboys for about 3 versions now.

This is with regards to PA of late bloomers. IRL sometimes you get players who plays for a lesser team or second division and doesnt have much of a reputation. All of a sudden after being with a good club, or playing in Europe or gaining some experience they develop into world class players at the age of 25-26. For example: David Villa played in Segunda until 22-23. He only made his mark after 25-26. Some of the best clubs (Including Man Utd) are looking to sign Guillherme Siqueira of Granada, and Michu of Rayo Vallecano. Siqueira had such a fantastic season he was even named in the La Liga Best XI for 2011-12. Siqueira is 26, and before his recent success he played in Segunda and also Serie D. So his transformation is fantastic.

How does SI give PI for such players. In FM 2012 Siquera has a PA of 150, Michu has 136. Even Benat (Betis) who is being scouted by the likes of Inter and Valencia has a rating of 148. Now SI researchers probably wouldnt know much about the ability of these guys when the game was launched as they came into prominence after a good season.

Which brings me to the all important point. Is it possible to have variable PA's? This means a players PA may increase through good training, experience etc. Likewise a player with high PA, ability might drop due to injuries, disciplinary problems etc.

This could totally change the game for the better. Think about it, when a player becomes 2.5 or 3 star from 3.5 or 4 star, you are likely to sell him and get someone with better ability. But what if the stars of a 25-26 year increase. You do get late bloomers and developers of football. Unfortunately FM2012 doesnt address this.

Look fwd to some feedback on this

I would really like to see variable PA. I think it was briefly mentioned in an earlier post, but it's definitely true that average-seeming players can turn into superstars after just a single season, and that players with the world at their feet can end up going nowhere. Likewise, I'd like to see players sometimes turning out to be better suited to positions they're not familiar with, and quickly adapting to their new position. Gareth Bale is probably the most obvious case of this recently - a fairly promising but rather average young full-back who never looked comfortable defending and often made the wrong choice is then tried out as an out-and-out winger and over two seasons develops into arguably the best (or at least one of the best) wingers in the modern game, being chased by the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. And who can forget that Alan Shearer and David Beckham both started their youth careers as goalkeepers? :)

Been able to request a upgrade to the corporate facilities.

I would like to see more roles for the STL & STR positions instead of just putting every striker as a inside forward something like a "wide poacher" etc.

Philosophy should play more of a important part in the game for example Barcelona & Ajax only hire managers that are known for there attacking football, there youth setups focus more on technique and creativity etc international football would be more interesting if certain national prefer different styles say if you dare play defensive football as the Brazilian national coach you will get criticized in the media more then you would say if you were the national coach of Italy. It would great if you could reshape a less prestigious nation view on football, by dominating the league or having a high level of success on the international stage.

Been asked to recommend managers to the board when leaving a club if you have had outstanding success at.

AI should use the TC and should be able to build a sensible squad around their primary tactic.

In TC, I'd like to tweak some settings and still have them react to shouts. Say, tweak passing two notches down, but still have it react to "Get ball forward" or "Retain possession" shouts. Also, custom player roles meaning creating own new presets.

Been able to request a upgrade to the corporate facilities.

I would like to see more roles for the STL & STR positions instead of just putting every striker as a inside forward something like a "wide poacher" etc.

Philosophy should play more of a important part in the game for example Barcelona & Ajax only hire managers that are known for there attacking football, there youth setups focus more on technique and creativity etc international football would be more interesting if certain national prefer different styles say if you dare play defensive football as the Brazilian national coach you will get criticized in the media more then you would say if you were the national coach of Italy. It would great if you could reshape a less prestigious nation view on football, by dominating the league or having a high level of success on the international stage.

Been asked to recommend managers to the board when leaving a club if you have had outstanding success at.

I would definitely like to see clubs having more of a personality and culture than they do now.

Would also like there to be certain clubs capable of going beyond the usual 0-20 on certain parameters, such as Ajax and Barca when it comes to youth recruitment. Ajax and Man Utd both have a 20 for that and as impressive as Utd's youth policy is it's not even in the same league as Ajax's. Likewise, there are players who are simply far better at what they do than the next best player out there. Maybe a special "21" value that's a significant step up from 20, and that you can't achieve through training or investment but that a player/club might start with. This is particularly needed for youth setups because Ajax in the game produce the most pathetic youth candidates - I'm at 2018 in my current Ajax game and had maybe two players from my youth team who've progressed to the first team (not including youth players I've brought in myself), where the real-life Ajax tend to get 1 or 2 players a season who break through from their youth ranks into the first team.

i hope FM2013 is not gonna be a huge letdown, like everything else with a 3 these days

Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3 :D

hopefully fm2013 is not gonna join this trend

Don't forget Alien 3, Terminator 3, and Dungeon Siege 3 ;)

I tell you what would be amazing to introduce, I dont know whether anyone has seen but Microsoft are bringing in a phone/tablet app that relates to the game your currently playing. i.e playing SKyrim you could have the world map open in front of you on your tablet, whilst playing the game on the TV. Now an FM tablet app im sure wouldnt be massively difficult (im not a programmer I have no idea) but would be very useful in game to have tactic screen on a seperate device in front of you, that way you could make tactical changes on the fly without ever leaving the ME.

I tell you what would be amazing to introduce, I dont know whether anyone has seen but Microsoft are bringing in a phone/tablet app that relates to the game your currently playing. i.e playing SKyrim you could have the world map open in front of you on your tablet, whilst playing the game on the TV. Now an FM tablet app im sure wouldnt be massively difficult (im not a programmer I have no idea) but would be very useful in game to have tactic screen on a seperate device in front of you, that way you could make tactical changes on the fly without ever leaving the ME.

That would be pretty neat. Or having it compatible with multiple-screens so you could have the match playing on one monitor, and the tactics screen on another.

That would be pretty neat. Or having it compatible with multiple-screens so you could have the match playing on one monitor, and the tactics screen on another.

Yeah yeah, although on a tablet would be much cooler ;)

Yeah yeah, although on a tablet would be much cooler ;)

Heck, while we're dreaming, let's hope for both!

I'd also like to see an official Android app that's a remote link. I know you can get remote desktop progs but it'd be awesome to have one that's just dedicated for FM2013 :D

Heck, while we're dreaming, let's hope for both!

I'd also like to see an official Android app that's a remote link. I know you can get remote desktop progs but it'd be awesome to have one that's just dedicated for FM2013 :D

Yeah yeah would be quality that. I just love the idea of sitting there with game running on one screen and all tactics, stats etc on another screen thats constantly viewable :) its a dream

I love FM12 it's amazing, but as ever in all games, there is loads of room for improvements:

1. One idea is to incorporate the iPhone/Android app to the Pc/Mac game, so you can play the same save of football manager on the go,although I understand it would be a hard undertaking in code.

2. Don't you just hate it when you apply an instruction in a game whilst watching it, and it skips the gameplay despite of the position you are on the pitch, so that could be fixed.

3. Changing the kits every year and designing them yourself.

4. Take an even bigger role in financing and even choose sponsorships yourself, which could also appear on your kits and around the stadium.

5.You could possibly build your own stadium, seems cheesy, but you could really go into great depths with it,

6. Furthermore press conferences are quite poor to say the least, after most of the season, you already know the types of questions that will appear, and the options you can choose get really repetitive over time, so a little more diversity could be good.

Although in reality these are minor things, but they could make the whole experience even more interactive and addictive, cant wait for FM 13 keep up the good work guys!

Some nice ideas fro The Hand of God. And one thing I think the players should be more clever like a real person. He can make his own decisions as to tactical aspects. Like mentality and his movement or try to roam around or get away from his marker. Or drop deeper or get forward. Especially those who possess high tactical and mental awarness. In a word they can change positively their own tactical instructions. Not negatively receiving commands from his manager like a robot.

One thing that desperately needs to be implemented is greater consistency in player reactions. Fine, players like Tevez are stroppy buggers who'll change their mind at whim and go from "I'm never playing for the club again!!" to "I'm completely happy here and loving live!" over the course of a tea break, but there's far too much of that sort of thing going around in the game.

Related example - Jermain Defoe, at Spurs, had slipped down the pecking order (as per real life :) ) and requested to be transferred so he could get first team football. Then, after a long-term injury to my 1st choice striker elevated him to a regular starting role, he asked to be taken off of the transfer list, and I obliged. Couple of months later he complains that I broke my promise to sell him, and asks to be transfer-listed!

Maybe you could be able to hire them for home games, with many different attributes, that a goalie has!

I think that's starting to cross the line from Football Manager 2013 to Director of Football 2013 :p

Hi. this might get a bit long winded its a bit of a confusing one to explain

for me there needs to be the addition of a "personal transfer centre" sort of a planner for transfers. basically so you can tie things into one to keep in budget, make sure youve not gone crazy making offers (im sure everyone does this). my overall aim is to give yourself a bigger picture of what the consequence's of in goings and outgoings may be.

it would incorporate your squad, your assistants views on the squad (not that you have to take his views) you will have areas of the team that are stronger than others, maybe sometimes this doesn't fit on how you want to play, take my team leeds united for example, over the last few years when grayson was manager we were known as a team that would score lots of goals, but let just as many in aswell. so you'd might want to change this. at the moment, especially if you only have the time to play a little bit every now and then for me it would be nice to refresh my mind on who ive bid for id also like this to take whatever its likely to cost off the budget. now if you have a tight budget and don't want to be going over it.. your going to have to sell so you can also from this take a few of your lesser players or even one of your regulars/top player if you think its going to benefit your team more and in turn it you would get a better idea of what you can and cant bring in. also youd be able to choose who are your 1st choices for players in the position you want to buy for and also what position you would prefer most of them players, so say i want a CD & CM i can afford 60% of the transfer and wages of these players, you can then choose players you would then like to offer to other clubs, to make funds available so i would have to sell player A, b ,c to get these two in or something along those lines. to me this would be perfect for championship and lower type games so you can plan what you are going to do. another example be.. if you take over a club who has had a manager like say neil warnock, the guy loves to have a few strikers he had loads at qpr and sheff united at times. but you play with one up top, your not going to need all these 6 strikers your going to want maybe 4 at the most so you have two who you can get rid of, you might not get full amount for these players but if you say it puts 75% of what you could get for them in a different section you have an idea of what you have to play with so with that 75% i could go out and look at a specific DM for my 3 in the middle.

i would also like a bit more interaction from the youth and reserve team managers (properly setting someone to this role in the contract would be better) then they are responsible for this, they could send you emails...

Youth team manager - (Youth Player) would benefit from reserve games/(Youth Player) would be able to step up to train with the 1st team but ease him into matches or hes ready to go straight in hes that talented and has a good head on him.

similar with reserves, getting a report from the reserve manager that (player) has been playing well recently showing a bit of form maybe include him. or the other way round you send to them (player) is a bit off form play him for 60 mins or ease (player) back in from injury over (number) of games.

the players also react to this depending on their attitude. i feel as if in the interaction asking someone to play in reserves is a bad thing. but if you could give more of a reason why they would maybe feel good about it.

thanks

The ability to migrate your backroom staff to your new team would be nice. It happens in real life.

This has been mentioned a coupla times in this thread - definitely an addition we want to see! Would make so much more sense than having a random selection just resign and become unemployed, as currently happens.

Hi!

Is it just me who would be able to coach the U21 team? Say in Manchester United or whatever, not just a national team.

I think it's a great idea for FM2013 to add that type of coaching. Is there anywhere i could mail someone responsible about this from the FM2013 crew?

Cheers.

Being Assistant Manager

This is a way to make FM different and difficult. I think starting as an assistant manager would be very interesting and more enjoyable. And when the manager go on holiday or etc. you can prove yourself to everyone..

Managerial Abilities

When creating a new game, our managerial abilities can be identified by AI with some different scenarios. For example, a training match will start on second half, the score is 0-2 and our mission is getting the match by scoring 3 goals. or according to a scenario it's second leg of a draw, 0-0 is enough for qualifying and our mission is just securing 0-0.. etc..

after a few training matches like that, the AI can identify our abilities and teams can offer us contracts by looking our abilities.

sorry for my poor english :) i hope i explained what i want to say..

I'd like to see greater discussion of a player's role at the club to be brought into contract negotiations. For instance, if you're talking to a D/WB/M L player, they might specify that they prefer playing as a wide-midfielder or a wing-back rather than a full-back, or you might talk to a AMC/ST who prefers to play up front rather than in support. Depending on their versatility, you might have to offer a much better contract if you want to play them outside of their favoured position. This could also be a part of negotiations for your own players when offering contracts, such as "Boss, I'm not entirely comfortable playing as a defender, and I'd only be interested in signing a new contract with the club if you promise to play me in a more midfield role".

Related to that, I'd like to see the option to explain to players why you're not offering them the squad status they want in their contract - e.g. "Right now, I still see you as an understudy to [Player], but he's not getting any younger and I can see you getting a lot more first-team action next season". I'd also like to see more reasons for requesting a reduction in wage demands; currently it's only an option if the club is in dire financial straits, but it should also be an option for when the player's demands are just way above budget, or a ridiculous increase on their current wages, or totally over the top for the role they play at the club (such as youth players demanding £30kpw when they've not even made their first team debut).

Both of these types of interaction could be under a new category in private chats - "Contract", which would then incorporate termination of contract and requesting that they reduce their wage demands. And I think we should be able to have private chats with players for whom we've had a transfer bid accepted, rather than our negotiations being limited purely to the contract table.

Job Interviews! Example, Aston Villa. They had no manager, and they called Paul Lambert, Martinez and Ole Solskjær, everyone had a conversation with Randy Lerner about what the board expected, and what they would bring to the job. Villas-Boas got the spurs job because he seemed like the right man, After talking with the owners.

It could be like a press conference, but the questions are related to how much finances you believe is necessary, what approach you take in the transfer-market, if you want to bring any players from your last club, same with staff, and maybe you get a brief guide about the facilities and what the board expects, what they seek in the future.

Job Interviews! Example, Aston Villa. They had no manager, and they called Paul Lambert, Martinez and Ole Solskjær, everyone had a conversation with Randy Lerner about what the board expected, and what they would bring to the job. Villas-Boas got the spurs job because he seemed like the right man, After talking with the owners.

It could be like a press conference, but the questions are related to how much finances you believe is necessary, what approach you take in the transfer-market, if you want to bring any players from your last club, same with staff, and maybe you get a brief guide about the facilities and what the board expects, what they seek in the future.

This one's been mentioned several times, now. Which isn't a criticism! I think it's excellent as it shows how popular an idea it is :)

Contract negotiations and player/board/staff/press interactions all need a mass of improvements. Not total overhauls, just added feature, variety, and options to flesh out what is currently a good and essential but somewhat bare-bones part of the game.

Totally unrelated to the above, I'd like to see the game's journalists be slightly more on the ball. They frequently ask bizarre, redundant, or just plain nonsensical questions, e.g. asking me if I feel that the lack of a large transfer fee relieves the pressure on a player I've just signed for £35 million. Sure, I'm playing as Madrid, but even by their standards that has to count as a big-money signing!

I agree... and mostly with retiring jerseys for a player if he plays a long and an exceptional time in a club... also if I might add I would like to see a preferred kit numbers for new "regen" players

I agree... and mostly with retiring jerseys for a player if he plays a long and an exceptional time in a club... also if I might add I would like to see a preferred kit numbers for new "regen" players

Coupla small changes that would both add an extra bit of depth to the game *Thumbs-up*

I cannot understand people asking for interviews to get manager jobs. You do realise how bad the press conferences and player interaction is? It's completely random. The interview would be the same, Pointless.

CHAIRMAN: Hi, how are you today?

CANDIDATE: I'm doing well, thank you.

CHAIRMAN: I can't believe you would say that to me. These talks are over.

The interview is a more realistic to get a job than applying and just get offered a contract, and given the amount of money in the transfer budget. This way at least you as manager feel you've made an impression (or not) and given the board a decision to make, instead of just throwing contracts around. Hopefully it is nothing like the press-conferences, although the set-up could look the same, but you interact with few people, and they may not see eye-to-eye with you. You could also get some media-speculation if the media get the information that you're talking with other clubs.

Resting day: Now you have the option to rest one player, or the entire squad. How about resting only those who have played the match? I know fairly many managers rest the players that played the match for one day, but the remaining squad do not get that spare day. It's tiring resting 14 men after every game, so I feel it should be an option (either in team-policy) or after the game that says "Rest players who played in last match".

I'd also love a little more fan-interaction. We do have a supporters spokes person who comments on player performances, tranfers etc, but there should be more, through the media and on the stands. You all know how the supporters are. Two matches lost in a row and some start moaning about the manager (in top clubs). Media and fans should be more impulsive. Also I know a new trend is to ask the manager about a quick word in the half-time. "How do you see the match so far?" "Any substitutions in the half time?". You can send your assistent or another coach, just as you want.

In the match you get the assistent feedback about tactics, facts and statistics. I think you should be able to change as perhaps one of my coaches are better in giving feedback, while the assistent is just a motivating guy with no tactical insight.

Board meetings. You don't participate, but you're asked if there's something you want them to bring up during their monthly meeting. Instead of you having to come to them, you can put up suggestions like; Feeder clubs, improving facilities, staff increasing, youth setup, stadiums, financial improvements, potential transfer-dealing you'd want the money to buy etc. Then you get a mail on the afternoon about dis/agreements on your suggestions. The personalities of the board members should be decisive in the meetings. Going back to the first idea. I think you should be able to tell the board that you're interested in holding talks with another club. The board might say "Okay, as long as it's just talks" or "We don't like putting the job in a risk and we feel you either tell them "no" or cancel your terms with us". The board should also come with questions to the manager if he is interested in another job. "Do you see your future here?" "Are you looking to bring any of the staff?" "Are you looking to bring any of the players?". You can promise to not make any enquiries about the players (Rodgers made that promise to Swansea)

Just some ideas, up for discussion.

First off what i would like to see is in stead of Re-gens there should be some kind of youth academy.

The regens destroy the game for a lot of people after a few years you get de-tached with the new regens you have no personal attachment to them as you do with real players.

So what id like to see is bringing players up from the beginning you get your players play youth leagues and the more they win the more attribs you unlock and basically upgrade them. Also it would be nice to be able to create your own youth team from scratch how tall skin colour whatever.

Another thing that is super annoying is the set abilities for example if I have a player which is playing a great season for me his abilities should change for the better and not just be pre-determined .

I cannot understand people asking for interviews to get manager jobs. You do realise how bad the press conferences and player interaction is? It's completely random. The interview would be the same, Pointless.

CHAIRMAN: Hi, how are you today?

CANDIDATE: I'm doing well, thank you.

CHAIRMAN: I can't believe you would say that to me. These talks are over.

Given that massively improved player/staff/etc interactions have been mentioned about a dozen times in this thread alone, I think it can be taken as given that the requests for job interviews are on the basis that the interactions have been improved. Kinda thought this went without saying, but there ya go ;)

That's also kind of the point of suggestions for improvements... would be a seriously short thread if people went "Well I have an idea of something I'd like to see, but the existing programming it would rely on is flawed so I won't bother saying anything!"

The interview is a more realistic to get a job than applying and just get offered a contract, and given the amount of money in the transfer budget. This way at least you as manager feel you've made an impression (or not) and given the board a decision to make, instead of just throwing contracts around. Hopefully it is nothing like the press-conferences, although the set-up could look the same, but you interact with few people, and they may not see eye-to-eye with you. You could also get some media-speculation if the media get the information that you're talking with other clubs.

Resting day: Now you have the option to rest one player, or the entire squad. How about resting only those who have played the match? I know fairly many managers rest the players that played the match for one day, but the remaining squad do not get that spare day. It's tiring resting 14 men after every game, so I feel it should be an option (either in team-policy) or after the game that says "Rest players who played in last match".

I'd also love a little more fan-interaction. We do have a supporters spokes person who comments on player performances, tranfers etc, but there should be more, through the media and on the stands. You all know how the supporters are. Two matches lost in a row and some start moaning about the manager (in top clubs). Media and fans should be more impulsive. Also I know a new trend is to ask the manager about a quick word in the half-time. "How do you see the match so far?" "Any substitutions in the half time?". You can send your assistent or another coach, just as you want.

In the match you get the assistent feedback about tactics, facts and statistics. I think you should be able to change as perhaps one of my coaches are better in giving feedback, while the assistent is just a motivating guy with no tactical insight.

Board meetings. You don't participate, but you're asked if there's something you want them to bring up during their monthly meeting. Instead of you having to come to them, you can put up suggestions like; Feeder clubs, improving facilities, staff increasing, youth setup, stadiums, financial improvements, potential transfer-dealing you'd want the money to buy etc. Then you get a mail on the afternoon about dis/agreements on your suggestions. The personalities of the board members should be decisive in the meetings. Going back to the first idea. I think you should be able to tell the board that you're interested in holding talks with another club. The board might say "Okay, as long as it's just talks" or "We don't like putting the job in a risk and we feel you either tell them "no" or cancel your terms with us". The board should also come with questions to the manager if he is interested in another job. "Do you see your future here?" "Are you looking to bring any of the staff?" "Are you looking to bring any of the players?". You can promise to not make any enquiries about the players (Rodgers made that promise to Swansea)

Just some ideas, up for discussion.

More options with player resting, more and better interaction with fans, the media, and the board (TynesideManager - on the basis that interactions as a whole are improved first :p), would all be welcome improvements.

First off what i would like to see is in stead of Re-gens there should be some kind of youth academy.

The regens destroy the game for a lot of people after a few years you get de-tached with the new regens you have no personal attachment to them as you do with real players.

So what id like to see is bringing players up from the beginning you get your players play youth leagues and the more they win the more attribs you unlock and basically upgrade them. Also it would be nice to be able to create your own youth team from scratch how tall skin colour whatever.

I personally have no problem with regens but I would definitely like to see youth academies implemented, and I know there's a lot of folks out there who would as well. Within that, I think names and ethnicities of regen youths in the academies should be tied not just to the nation but to the region/city the club is in - London clubs, for instance, are more likely to have players of African or Middle-Eastern descent than clubs in, say, the south-west of England, while clubs in the Midlands and West Yorkshire are more likely to have players of South Asian descent. Being the manager of Tottenham and having just one token black player in your season's youth intake is pretty unlikely!

Not sure about that level of control over your youth creation (choosing height, etc.), as this is not something a real manager would have any control of. Well, not without falling foul of employment discrimination laws! xD Though it would be excellent to have a say in the creation of youth academies in other countries, similar to feeder teams - "I think it would really help the quality of players coming into our youth team if we set up an international academy", and if the board agree then they come back to you a few weeks later with a suggestion of 3 or 4 countries/regions, or if you've been at the club long enough then they offer you the chance to pick one yourself. Leading on for that, the board could even agree to create a new club in another country, to act as a feeder team, much as Ajax did with Ajax Cape Town and Ajax Orlando (I'm sure other clubs have done it as well but that's the only example I know of), though obviously this would have to be a pretty hard thing to get and only possible if the club has already maxed out its domestic youth facilities and options.

Another thing that is super annoying is the set abilities for example if I have a player which is playing a great season for me his abilities should change for the better and not just be pre-determined .

I'm not sure what you mean. Player stats do improve over a season with the right training, so long as they haven't reached the limit of their potential.

If he is playing great for you why would you need his attributes to increase? There are hidden attributes that matter too and it is unrealistic to bump up a players attributes if they are playing well. Just like in real life if a player plays well, that is playing above what people would expect of him, it just means they are in good form and in a good place mentally. It doesn't mean they can suddenly pass and cross better than they did yesterday. And if your player has good PA he will progress faster over time as well, if he is playing well, has good morale and isn't exhausted, not to mention there are many players who have 1-2 maybe 3 seasons of outstanding football compared to the rest of their career prior and post.

I love it when I get a player who doesn't look much in the attribute department playing out of his skin on a fairly consistent basis. It lets you know he probably has some outstanding hidden attributes and is reliable.

An example is in fm11 I had Ljajic at Fiorentina and even though he was young and his attributes were consistently average, he outperformed everyone and made a habit scoring late goals for me. Lucky for me he made this kind of form his norm over the 5 seasons I was at La Viola

I love it when I get a player who doesn't look much in the attribute department playing out of his skin on a fairly consistent basis. It lets you know he probably has some outstanding hidden attributes and is reliable.

There's a certain special joy in finding an average player who runs rings around players who have much better stats :D

Got a re-gen striker in a new game in the Scottish Div 3 - 29, pretty mundane stats, assistant rated him as only being 2*, yet he scores every time he plays and he's got a better goal to game ration than my 4* first choice striker! Thankfully (sort of!) my first choice striker keeps getting injured, so they both get plenty of play time.

I always find that the match engine needs ballboys. It gets annoying when a player has to take the ball from the other side of the pitch just to restart the game with a goal kick. Am I not the only one with this concern?

Online 'skirmish' one-off online match mode.

Sorely lacking.

Something I've been wanting for ages. The ability to 'export' a team from one save to play a game against some elses team.

I'td be like FM Pokemon!

Something I've been wanting for ages. The ability to 'export' a team from one save to play a game against some elses team.

I'td be like FM Pokemon!

Sounded good until you threw that last word in :p

I always find that the match engine needs ballboys. It gets annoying when a player has to take the ball from the other side of the pitch just to restart the game with a goal kick. Am I not the only one with this concern?

No, at least one other person has mentioned the desire for ballboys.

Er, I mean, the desire for ballboys being represented in the game >.>

Archived