Football Manager 2013

WoW is a MMO with 10 gigs plus of hdd space.

FM is a 2 gig single player game (or 2-3 if network). Why would it need more RAM?

RAM is basically hdd only Temporary and much faster.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WoW is a MMO with 10 gigs plus of hdd space.

FM is a 2 gig single player game (or 2-3 if network). Why would it need more RAM?

RAM is basically hdd only Temporary and much faster.

To handle the enormous amounts of data it processes when you have 120,000+ players in the game. The more data a game handles, the more RAM it requires, which is why RAM is generally more important to strategy/management games like Football Manager and Civilization than it is to an FPS. It's not about the size of the installation, it's about the volume of live data that it has to deal with - WoW needs mucho RAM because it's an online game with thousands of entities being handled at any one time, not because it's got a large installation size.

That's why i said MMO(Massively multiplayer online game). I know Hdd space isn't really connected to Ram, BUT the players are already ''pre-spaced'' to HDD so there is no need to use more than 2 gigs of RAM at a time.Basically the only good more RAM will do is faster game when using faces megapacks and playing season 10++.

That's why i said MMO(Massively multiplayer online game). I know Hdd space isn't really connected to Ram, BUT the players are already ''pre-spaced'' to HDD so there is no need to use more than 2 gigs of RAM at a time.Basically the only good more RAM will do is faster game when using faces megapacks and playing season 10++.
Which is precisely why some users want FM to use more than 2 GB of RAM!

You've answered your own doubts!

Which is precisely why some users want FM to use more than 2 GB of RAM!

You've answered your own doubts!

It's beautiful when things run their natural course xD

Anyway, away from the RAM argument and back onto features discussion! ;)

I'd like to see managers able to offer a greater option of negative comments about players. Most of the choices on offer are a bit vanilla and tame, and as has been so evident this season, sometimes managers get as unhappy with players as the players get with managers. I'd like to see a response option of "If that's how he's going to be, then his career at this club is over!" Currently, most manager response to player and news conversations are either Denial or Pacify choices, I'd like to see some more aggressive options! ;)

I'd like to see:

1) Agent interaction - really bugs me that you can't challenge an agent who isn't interested in negotiating on behalf of his client (doesn't money always talk for these guys?), or better still, have a private chat with a player to tell him his agent is causing a problem with inflated wage demands etc. Also would be great to be able to talk directly to an agent of a transfer target (I know this is tapping up but what the hell, could be fun and it does happen all the time in real life) so you can try to see if there's any interest going forward there.

Agree with this, it would be interesting to be able to leak some article to the press regarding the failure of negotiation due to the agent greed, to the detriment of his client's interest (how many times have I failed to sign a very interested player, met all his conditions but could not offer the agent the amount he wanted for himself due to club rules? (rhetorical question)).

Also a minor thing compared to some of the ideas that have been suggested here, the back button which brings you back (new thing) to the previous screen you were on rather than the search screen for example. At the moment you can search for players, go through their various tabs to get an idea and then have to back, back, back, back (well you get the idea) all the way back to the search screen...

The AI needs to be overhauled for the club transfer strategies.

The match engine definitely needs some overhaul.

The possibility to repay debts if the club has the means to do so.

Also a minor thing compared to some of the ideas that have been suggested here, the back button which brings you back (new thing) to the previous screen you were on rather than the search screen for example. At the moment you can search for players, go through their various tabs to get an idea and then have to back, back, back, back (well you get the idea) all the way back to the search screen...

I might be mistaken but isn't under the interface options?

The possibility to repay debts if the club has the means to do so.

Yes - annoys me when I'm at a club that has enough money in the bank to pay off one or all of their debts in full but doesn't. Given that a sizeable whack of any debt is interest, this just isn't good fiscal sense ;)

Re the agents, and contracts in general, I'd like to go back to the days when they told you why they didn't want to negotiate with you at all. Used to be they'd say either that they were very happy at their current club, or they'd only recently joined their current club, or that your club just didn't have a big enough reputation for them to be interested in talking to you. Now it's just a flat "We're not interested, sod off" no matter the reason, which seems like a backwards step. Sure, your scouts sometimes tell you in their reports that the player, for example, would prefer to continue his development at his current club, but it seems daft that an agent wouldn't give you a reason for not entering negotiations.

data being stored on the HDD or not means nothing... when a program is running, data is moved from the HDD to either the ram or the pagefile .. more ram means less swapping between the pagefile and ram and will significantly improve performance...

a game like fm can always benefit from much more than 2 Gb of ram if utilised .. the sheer amount of data being processed at any one time means that it could easily benefit from a larger amount of ram.. the only reason its not being utilised is for compatibility issues with the majority of people with pc's still only having 2Gb of ram or less and SI catering to that majority

data being stored on the HDD or not means nothing... when a program is running, data is moved from the HDD to either the ram or the pagefile .. more ram means less swapping between the pagefile and ram and will significantly improve performance...

a game like fm can always benefit from much more than 2 Gb of ram if utilised .. the sheer amount of data being processed at any one time means that it could easily benefit from a larger amount of ram.. the only reason its not being utilised is for compatibility issues with the majority of people with pc's still only having 2Gb of ram or less and SI catering to that majority

Agreed for the most part but 4GB is pretty much the industry standard now.

Anyone know what the limit for 64bit OS's is these days? I've a feeling it's either 8 or 16 gigs but not sure which.

Anyone know what the limit for 64bit OS's is these days? I've a feeling it's either 8 or 16 gigs but not sure which.

In theory: 2^64 bytes (yes, over 16 million terabytes)

In practice: Windows 7 64-bit has a 16 GB/192 GB limit (source) depending on the version.

In theory: 2^64 bytes (yes, over 16 million terabytes)

In practice: Windows 7 64-bit has a 192 GB limit (

... really? Gosh.

Would like to see how either FM12 or CivIV run on 192GB of RAM xD

I might be mistaken but isn't under the interface options?

Yes, it is.

FM isn't a standard game.

I don't think (though I don't actually know either way) that a majority of FM players have 2GB of RAM or less, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a significant minority do.

Now that FM is available only with Steam, these statistics have even more weight, so stop fooling yourselves about people's hardware. SI are dancing around the issue because it is hard to do and hard to market in the new game - "a 1000 of new features" sits better, but things like new camera angles just don't cut it anymore for me.

And no, the game doesn't utilize more than one core where it matters - processing players. It's been discussed several times on these forums.

I like many of the other ideas but I think that training needs to be improved as pros spend most of their time training. You should have more things to do like setting different kinds of sessions or have players do fitness tests (beep test for example) and skill teams. You should get accurate detailed reports on how well players are performing and how hard they are working from your AM. These things should match performance especially how hard they have worked in training.

I like many of the other ideas but I think that training needs to be improved as pros spend most of their time training. You should have more things to do like setting different kinds of sessions or have players do fitness tests (beep test for example) and skill teams. You should get accurate detailed reports on how well players are performing and how hard they are working from your AM. These things should match performance especially how hard they have worked in training.

I'd like to see more detailed reports on training performance but I'd definitely not be keen on seeing training get any more involved and detailed than it already is. I prefer to be involved in the running of the club, the transfer market, and squad management - if I could leave training solely to my assistant, I would.

• 3 weeks later...

I really think FM should include the option for a separate shortlist for staff only. Currently, FM only gives the user the ability to add players to shortlist, but when you're

searching for staff, it gets a tad annoying that you have to use a separate tool (such as pen & paper) just to draw up a shortlist of staff you would like to hire.

Another reason for this is simply that you may not be fully decided on who you want to hire, and you wish to explore other avenues first.

I really think FM should include the option for a separate shortlist for staff only. Currently, FM only gives the user the ability to add players to shortlist, but when you're

searching for staff, it gets a tad annoying that you have to use a separate tool (such as pen & paper) just to draw up a shortlist of staff you would like to hire.

Another reason for this is simply that you may not be fully decided on who you want to hire, and you wish to explore other avenues first.

Definitely - shortlisting staff would be a small but very useful addition to the game.

Lots of people mentioning job interviews in various ideas forums. Its a great idea but would have to be implemented in a way where there wasn't 1 set of right answers, presumably by the board/chairmen having differing hidden attributes that meant they were looking for different things in a manager, such as instant success, preference to blood youngsters etc

Lots of people mentioning job interviews in various ideas forums. Its a great idea but would have to be implemented in a way where there wasn't 1 set of right answers, presumably by the board/chairmen having differing hidden attributes that meant they were looking for different things in a manager, such as instant success, preference to blood youngsters etc

Attached to that, it'd be neat if you could, through an amazing interview, manage to get a job that's far above your reputation. It happens in real life, granted it's generally at the lower levels of the league, where complete unheard-ofs get jobs at fairly decent clubs, presumably because they managed to impress at interview that they had the talent and attitude even if they didn't have the reputation. Also, at the higher level, how many famous ex-internationals have walked straight into top-drawer jobs with no prior management experience (Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klinsmann are two that come to mind)?

Unrelated to that, bring back the days of always being able to at least offer players a contract, even if they have no interest - not all, but a lot of players will be swayed to join anyone if the money's right. Samuel Eto'o, anybody?

FM13: Things that need to be fixed (or added).

#1 The add/remove league problem needs sorting out. If it can't be fixed, remove it as its a game killer.

#2 AI squad building & transfer policy needs to move away from a reputation & CA system and more toward an attribute and player type based system.

#3 High reputation AI clubs fielding weak teams in cups, especially cup finals! This needs a serious looking at.

#4 Optional fog of war. Either an option to remove visible attributes, or an option for gradual revelation of attributes via scouting needs to be implemented for the growing number of people wanting a greater challenge from the game (this combined with #2 will negate the need for skill levels!).

#5 Improved AI defending in the ME. Its so easy to exploit, either knowingly or unknowingly via the TC.

#6 A total rewrite of the morale system and its effect on player decision making in matches. This is Football Manager, not Player Morale Manager!

There are many things I would love to see implemented/improved

1. This idea is one I thought of just the other day and I haven't really thought it through fully but seems a decent idea so I will offer it up for debate - manager stats - when starting a new game with a new manager when you pick past experience you should be able to fill in your stats in man management, training level, determination etc etc say have x amount of points depending on which past experience was chosen and those stats increase with in-game experience (winning trophies, successfully subduing a trouble maker in the squad etc)

2. Training - I would like the option to setup schedules to automatically assign players to it. for example I create schedules for GK, full-back, CB, winger, DM, CM, AM, TS and FS so I would like to be able to set positions that get assigned (IE a DL going automatically to full back rather than the generic "defenders" schedule). if you have a D/M L and both positions are set at 20 then the coach could have the final say or when you sign a player in the news section you could have a training drop-down box with all the schedules he would be eligible for so you can choose the one that you feel would suit him best.

3. Press conference- make every question and answer accountable for. many times I have praised a player only for the press to focus on my player of the year vote and the player appears unaffected. Or you press something you didn't meant to and realise you are gonna upset a player only to be "saved" by another news item.

4. Reports (scout and coach) should include what they feel a player could be trained in. ie a player could have good stats in CB and good stats in DR and I would like the coaches (maybe scouts too) to suggest positions a player could be trained in to make them more versatile. Rather than getting "you have been playing x player as a DR and he isn't fully trained in it I recommend training him in this position" every once in a while in backroom advice.

5. Matchday - I would like the option to simulate a game, sometimes on meaningless games (say finish mid-table with 7 games left with nothing to play for) I would like to simulate a game rather than just holidaying over and over.

6. Assign a head of youth development - He is in charge of the youth team he selects the youth team and collaborates with the manager on who should and shouldn't be given pro terms. You could also add an option to leave youth training to the youth development coach or do it yourself you could also dictate how you want them training. fancy football - more likely to get lightweight, quick and skillfull players. mixed - get players of average build/pace/skill (think jack of all trades master of none) or direct - more likely to be strong, slow, and consider 2 touches of the ball "skill"

7. Create youth GK and fitness coaches - would make training and youth development more diverse.

8. Split youth and first/reserve team coaching and training - get rid of the "general" coach have either first team or youth coaches, I cannot see how a coach can coach the first team and the youth team full time and at the same time without clocking up some serious hours.

9.Scouting needs a major overhaul. Here's what I think needs to change:

---1. Scouting knowledge - I don't like the 100% country knowledge - I refuse to believe that one person knows every single player in England - I feel this would be more suited to being a player/club specific rating or at least a divisional one. That way it becomes more realistic. For example, I am a Mansfield Town fan and before this season started we took applications for a new manager. Ronnie Moore applied and came in for an interview and stated that our player of the season and a player who managed to get into the leagues team of the year, despite the team finishing 13th, was a good right-back. The player in question is a striker who has converted to a winger and barely tracked back. This is a man who did no research before the interview. This shows that Ronnie Moore does not have 100% knowledge of England. Also the 100% knowledge implies that Alex Ferguson knows everything about Rainworth Miner's Welfare I would wager he doesn't even know the club exists never mind knowing all the players.

---2. I would like to know if any scouts are attending games. Scouts are not hard to find at a game, one was watching 2 MTFC players in the Wrexham game, I know this because he sat in front of me and I could see what he was writing and he was scouting for Millwall (either that or he is a Millwall fan)

---3a. Assignments - Why is it so difficult to tell a scout I want players who can either improve my team or develop into a player who can play in a higher league than the one I'm in? I always get recommended players who are decent in the league I am in but can develop into a good/top player in the league I am in. If I was in a relegation battle or a respectable position then fair enough but when the task is to gain/challenge promotion then it is rather unnecessary. I would rather not see them in the assignment window.

---3b. Assignments - I would like to be able to tell a scout what I am after rather than letting him search for everyone then filter out what I want. For example I'd like to be able to say "I want a left-back who can not only play in my team now but develop into a top player for the next division up (and higher if applicable" then in the reports section show me a rating of how a player fits in my search criteria (ie 3 stars for perfect match, 5 stars for able to develop 3 divisions higher or could play in the division higher, or 1 star for can play now but can develop into a good player in the league above) or "find me a striker who is better than what I already have" or "find me a youth who can develop into a player capable of playing 2 divisions higher"

---4. Make us able to assign a head of scouting - He is in charge of the scouts, you tell him what you want to find and he dishes out the assignment to the best scout capable of doing it. He could tell you, in backroom advice, what scouting measure he recommends, ie while scouting for a youth in a reserve game he came across a player who could add something to your first team and he recommends scouting him for another game.

10. Have a private chat with potential transfers - I'd like to be able to talk to players before accepting a contract, tell them my ambitions for the club see if I can get them to buy into my "philosophy" instead of contacting them and saying

me:"Hello, how much do you want in wages?"

player:"this much"

me:"ok, here's your contract"

player:"signed"

me:"see you in training tomorrow"

player:"bye"

using this you could convince a player to join you by offering conversation options like "you aren't getting a game at <club> I can give you games"

11. Able to do deals with players - say a player wants a new deal (can work for wanting first team football too) you can issue them challenges or targets to earn that dea you can say "get 20 goals and promotion and you can have a new deal" or " you keep 15 clean sheets and you can have a new deal" etc etc. The same works for first team football "average 1 assist a game for the next 3 reserve games and you will get your chance" or "I'll put you on the bench and when you get on the pitch impress me!"

12. Board room

12a. limit to 6 requests at a time (from any available) as the whole 1 item from each category is a bit silly in my opinion.

12b. Staff numbers - change it so instead of having 5 coaches 7 scouts and 3 physios, you can employ 15 staff members. This can be split into what the manager wants so they could have 1 scout 1 physio, 6 coaches and 7 youth coaches or maybe they don't like developing their own players but would rather buy ready made ones so it could be 2 physios, 7 coaches and 6 scouts

12c. I personally feel the best thing to do would be to get a staff wage budget, you can sign who you want inside this budget, make it so we can subtract from player wage budget and/or transfer budget should we need more staff. Let's be honest playing as Mansfield Town you cannot scout anywhere but Uk and Ireland for a long time yet you can talk to the board and get 7 scouts. If it was up to me I would rather have 3 scouts and employ 4 more coaches.

This is one heck of a post so I will leave it at that for now but if they could be implemented then the FM game would be more realistic than it has ever been.

FM13: Things that need to be fixed (or added).

#1 The add/remove league problem needs sorting out. If it can't be fixed, remove it as its a game killer.

#2 AI squad building & transfer policy needs to move away from a reputation & CA system and more toward an attribute and player type based system.

#3 High reputation AI clubs fielding weak teams in cups, especially cup finals! This needs a serious looking at.

#4 Optional fog of war. Either an option to remove visible attributes, or an option for gradual revelation of attributes via scouting needs to be implemented for the growing number of people wanting a greater challenge from the game (this combined with #2 will negate the need for skill levels!).

#5 Improved AI defending in the ME. Its so easy to exploit, either knowingly or unknowingly via the TC.

#6 A total rewrite of the morale system and its effect on player decision making in matches. This is Football Manager, not Player Morale Manager!

This has been in the game for ages.

It's called attribute masking and you can enable/disable it when creating a new game.

This has been in the game for ages.

It's called attribute masking and you can enable/disable it when creating a new game.

I'm not talking about masking a select few attributes, I'm talking about masking them all, or implementing an option so that they're gradually revealed over time instead of handed to you in an instant when you click on a players profile. I've been using a modified "blind" skin for the last 2 or 3 versions of FM and am often PM'd for it whenever this topic comes up. An option in preferences to turn them off completely is what has been asked for for at least the last 2 years.

Edit: Before anyone asks for it, the links to the files needed can be found in this thread :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/286772-Can-you-actually-turn-off-the-attribute-panel

I'm not talking about masking a select few attributes, I'm talking about masking them all, or implementing an option so that they're gradually revealed over time instead of handed to you in an instant when you click on a players profile. I've been using a modified "blind" skin for the last 2 or 3 versions of FM and am often PM'd for it whenever this topic comes up. An option in preferences to turn them off completely is what has been asked for for at least the last 2 years.

Edit: Before anyone asks for it (again), the links to the files needed can be found in this thread...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/286772-Can-you-actually-turn-off-the-attribute-panel

Oh I see, please accept my apologies as I mis-understood what you meant.

I use the note option and keep a list of potential coaches there. A lot of times your potential replacements in case of departure make for some pretty good candidates...

Board Long-Term Expectations - Instead of just what they want this season, board should have expectations over next few years, such as lower league clubs expecting eventual top-flight action, or top-flight clubs expecting to be title-challengers w/in five years. Tied to this, clubs with faith in their manager might be prepared to offer dangerous, potentially ruinously large wage and transfer budgets based on long-term expectations (as many ambitious/desperate club boards do) - currently boards are too often very short-sighted. (JPChenet)

I suggested this for Fm2012 in the '11 suggestion thread.

I actually don't want the board to set the targets. Because it'll be unrealistic (and we know SI usually don't iron out the kinks for a while). If anything I'd like it to be that you could set the first season's expectations and then tell the board your 'five year plan'.

I'd like options such as: "Get a minimum of one promotion/challenge for current league" / "Raise the youth profile of the club" etc.

Also, tied in with this I'd like this feature:

Board 'personality'

Manchester United's board for example, is not going to fire Ferguson if he has a few years of no trophies. In fact, I get the feeling that with United, they let Ferguson determine the future goals of the club. Ditto Arsenal.

So I'd like to see a varying 'personality' that the board and club would have. For example, some would be happy with the team focusing on youth products, others would set goals and woe beside you and the Ai if you don't meet them (Chelsea/Man City), others will give you a 'bare' minimum goal for each season (for example United and Arsenal would have a bare minimum of getting into Europe) but are happy to leave you to decide whats best for the team as a whole and follow your lead.

This would allow us to pick a club that has the right attitude for us as players. It could also have an effect on the game by having managers view some jobs as a 'poison chalice' of sorts. It would also be fab if that culture evolves over the years if the manager remains.

And finally, it would actually feel like I've done something in FM. It's a bit "meh" that despite outperforming expectations for years at a single club the board doesn't really seem to value me much outside of "here's your money, win this or that, or else'. =/

When you accept or reject bids for a player, you get to give a reason why. I'd like to see similar options when declining job offers

Definitely agree with this.

I'd be lying if I told you I had read everything, so forgive me if some of my suggestions have come up. But these are things I really would like to see in FM13

Other:

- The ability to interact with Club Managers when you are in-charge of an International Team (It used to be an option but has since disappeared)

- The option to explain (in a press conference) why you resigned from a club straight after leaving (without taking over at another club). Ultimately the ability to call for a press conference (which could be turned down depending on your status as a manager).

- The option to ask international players to move clubs to get more football (once again used to be an option, but has since disappeared)

- The ability to manage club Reserves or Junior squads (without having to deal with the first team)

- Press Conferences - to be more "clever" by realising when players are key or not.

e.g. Left back gets injured, player playing in CD gets tipped to replace him and then the question is asked "Can he put pressure on the injured player" despite having played constantly at centre back.

- The ability to "sit down" with a team after a very poor performance, to ask them what went wrong. Similar to having a team talk, but based on one match.

Match Engine:

- Players run away from a ball that is about to go out, they must stop running away from the ball, and rather walk towards it or slow down so that when it is out they can pick it up.

- Throw-Ins - I'd love to see players take short throw-in's when I/you tell them to play it short. Instead its as if you've left it on mixed.

- When under a touchline ban, the assistant manager changes some of the player positions so they are not playing the way you expect them to play. Mainly the center back, midfielders and strikers.

Player Interaction:

- When a player scores two goals and I praise him privately for it, he shouldn't tell me he thinks he didn't play that well, he scored two goals. (Does not always happen, but could be a bug)

- The ability to tell a player that if you receive a bid of X amount, then he'll be allowed to talk to another club. This should stop players complaining when you reject a bid that is insulting. The player should however know that if you say to him you'll only accept 10mil or more, when he is only worth 1mil max, that you have no intention of selling him and then might complain depending on his loyalty/professionalism...

Player/Manager Interactions:

- If a Manager turns down an contract offer and players like him they will: Approach the Manager and either ask him to stay or

- If a Manager renew's his contract and the players have him as favoured personal then they will either (I have seen this happen, although the player doesn't "like" me)

> Praise the Club or

> Praise the Manager for accepting the new terms

- When you approach a player and they meet you in "your office" they come at you aggressively, yet they have a "Balanced" personality and his "Aggressive" stat is average like 11. What makes them come at you angrily, he's a key player and really has no reason to approach me in that manner, if it was real life he'd be dropped and most likely sold.

Board Interaction:

The Ability to ask the board for more Youth Coaches, and not just coaches in general. (if it is in the game I am yet to find it).

Other:

1) International management is in need of far-reaching improvements in a multitude of areas, and that's one feature that could do with being included.

2) Nice idea - as it is, the game just seems to accept that you've left and then stop caring about it. Would be nice if you could say why you left, maybe offer a parting shot at the board, or say that you want a break, feel you've achieved all you can, etc., etc.

3) Another part of international management that needs working on *Thumb*

4) Like how you can manage international U21 and U19 squads? Could be interesting. Not to everyone's tastes, but would add more variety and a degree of realism if you had the option to first prove yourself as a Youth or Reserves coach before making the step up to full management. Sure, can always just select the club you want when you start a new game, but if you fancy starting off unemployed and having to prove yourself then it makes sense to start off in a more junior position before anyone decent will give you the reins.

5) More team meeting options are definitely needed. Currently you can only talk about form and season expectations, and not always at times that seem logical (like, you know, the start of the season, which rarely seems to be an option). Mentioned in a previous post that you should be able to talk to your team about picking up too many cards, and I'd like to see team meetings expanded to include a variety of option such as, as you suggest, performance in a single match as well as overall form.

Match Engine:

1) Not really noticed this so can't comment :)

2) A player's likelihood to stick to your tactics is tied into how much creative freedom you allow and (I think) their professionalism, creativity, and maybe a coupla other stats. Adel Taraabt, for instance, never strikes me as a player who pays much attention to what his manager says, and who plays his own game; while someone like Michael Dawson is more likely to stick to their manager's instructions.

3) Never received a touchline ban *Halo* so, again, can't comment. Is this maybe tied into your holiday settings, like whether you have "Use my tactics" ticked? Just a thought.

Player Interaction:

1) This is apparently a balancing issue with player reactions and has been logged - see here

2) Definitely agreed - gets on my nerves when players whine about a bid being rejected when it's a pitiful amount that's not even their market value and they're a first-teamer.

1) Yes, would be nice to feel loved when you've been successful with a club. Having a news item indicating the fans are pleading the board to offer a better contract to ensure you stay would be a nice touch, too.

2) Agreed - seems to be in but as you say the player that praises the announcement seems to be random; unless it's linked to their love for the club rather than their love for the manager?

3) Player reactions to tones has been highlighted and (I believe) logged as an area in need of ongoing tweaking and balancing. Though, personally, I get a chuckle whenever a player "aggressively" agrees with me, like he's saying "Yeah, I will tutor [Youth Player], you ****!!"

Board Interaction:

1) Definitely. And likewise for First Team Coaches, Goalkeeping Coaches, etc. I tend to find myself having to sign coaches I don't need just to get up to the advised limit for Youth/First/whatever just so that I can ask for a higher coach limit in the hope of being able to sign one goalkeeping coach (for example). Net effect is that the club ends up paying the wages of half a dozen coaches they don't need when all I want is one particular coach.

Thanks for the swift and detailed response...

Match Engine:

3) Never received a touchline ban *Halo* so, again, can't comment. Is this maybe tied into your holiday settings, like whether you have "Use my tactics" ticked? Just a thought.

Not sure, but its unlikely because you select everything up to the start of the game, as soon as you leave the tactic screen and it shows the line-ups you'll notice the change in line-ups

3) Player reactions to tones has been highlighted and (I believe) logged as an area in need of ongoing tweaking and balancing. Though, personally, I get a chuckle whenever a player "aggressively" agrees with me, like he's saying "Yeah, I will tutor [Youth Player], you ****!!"

haha I laughed quite hard at that, never looked at it that way...

Glad you like some of my idea's , hope SI read this thread as well as the Wishlist thread as well, this thread certainly has a lot more detail than other threads.

• Administrators
What about Ronaldos freekick? nobody can train that?..

This is already in the game, it depends on a player's attributes

I'd like an option on the calander that when clicked brings up a list of all fixtures being played that day. For those of us who like scouting in 3d or just generally like watching games in other leagues & nations, this would save lots of clicks, and time.

I love the 2012 game; I think its the best version yet however for me there are a few minor tweaks that would really improve the game. I am not going to touch on the ME or Transfer System as I am sure SI are looking at these and I am certain its not as simple as just "changing" it!

Player Interaction around contracts - (again ignoring that there is probably a lot that could be improved here) for me there are two situations I have experienced that grate:

> Post "agent demanded contract talks" in the inevitable "concerned" talk there needs to be an option to say the following (and combinations of the following) I have talked to your agent but we are too far away at the moment; the club has a budget we have to keep to; I would be more than happy to resume talks - the ball is in yours and your agent's court; your agent is asking for too much of a fee i.e. twice your loyalty bonus

On this topic by the way there are often rounds of contract talks (look at Pogba and Welbeck at united for example.) I know the "rounds" are kind of done within the negotiation but perhaps there should be additional rounds if no resolution can be found

> When a player is unhappy i.e. post criticism/team talks etc - there needs to be the option to ask them whether they can really believe their performance (or that of the team) was good enough. for example I had a game where we narrowly beat bradford in a carling cup game and I said it was a let off. Ferdinand and Fletcher were both unhappy. My only option was to say I'd work on it rather than saying guys the performance wasn't good enough - I am pretty sure professional players would have accepted that!

Combine news items - I get sick and tired of having 30 messages about who might win player of the year - why not simply have 1 message on the topic saying x, manager said this and 12 other managers have agreed. However other managers have backed y, z and a player..." In addition the ones where the player "is looking for a way out." comes up far toom much for my liking

Build on the summary page - I hate the player history pages as their become a mess however I love the summary page for players and the "seasonal stats". Can you please add to this:

> Include assists in the games/goals columns (and clean sheets for GK's)

> Create a "club stats" version to cover their time at the club they are at

> Create a "Career Stats" version to cover their career

This way I can never have to look at the player history page which (lets face it) is unlikely to get cleaned up any time soon (though I do have ideas on how they could if interested.)

Add agent speculation for managers - In my game managers declare interest which in RL I see agents do but not very often the manager. At worst they don't deny the speculation which feels more realistic

Integrate the "respond to comments" into the press conferences (especilly if you don't respond to them.) Its important to have the questions on occasion outside of press conferences but not the second before you go into one.

Look into manager's comments on likely outcomes for a teams season. I had the situation where I had played 3 games compared to the top teams' 6 and therefore was in about 6th. Bearing in mind I had won the league the last two seasons it felt really strange to have mid-league team state that they are going to show my team how far from a title challenger we are...? And if a club is languishing shouldn't the comments be about surprise at the position, certainty that they will turn the corner (think when Liverpool were bottom of the league for a while a couple of seasons back and every report stated that they couldn't possibly continue to stay that low in the table!)

Offer coaching roles to legends when they announce retirement (and make them more likely to join the staff) - I had Ryan Giggs announce his retirement at the end of the season and while he then got his coaching profile his agent wouldn't discuss a new contract (I wanted at least player coach and then coach,) I had filled my quota (had to release a coach to get him in) and then he rejected the contract offer. IRL Man Utd just added Scholes to the youth coaching set up - I cannot see the board having rejected that!

Manager Points. I still can't for the life of me understand why not every competition gets added to the points tally. In England only the FA Cup, and league count, the two euro competitions count but the super cup, world club championship etc don't. Even if they only carry small points they should be included as should lower league achievements. I know they are included in the histories but I think they should be in Hall of Fame too - even if they are consigned to "Minor Cups and Minor Leagues etc."

Despite the new "summaries" I have suggested adding to in the previous post this is my idea about changing the GUI on the player history / achievements screens and below are my suggestions for change:

1) For a start can histories be career histories - defaulted to all comps (international, continental and domestic) as opposed to simply domestic league. I understand from the forums that its league because of backdating the history but I am sure most wouldn't care if its slightly out???

And if people do mind.....Perhaps with a filter like on the team sheet allowing users to configure the view they want? When any media talks about appearances over a career they talk about all comps i.e. Gerrard playing over 50 games for club and country in one season; clearly non competitive matches don't count and media messages can be taken from any of the stats, league, international, continental or total depending on their nature.

2) Can we have 1 line per season per contracted club(defaulted to a closed view) where loans or appearences for B teams etc are appended under a drop down (similar to grouping on Excel) i.e

Example: ( - represents a new column)

Season - Club - Competition - Stats

2008-09 - Arsenal - Premiership - x - x - x

2007-08 - Arsenal - Premiership - x - x - x

+ 2007-08 - Leeds - Championship - x - x - x

In the default view you'd only see the Arsenal stats as thats the club contracted to whereas in the fully opened view (clicking on the + or a button for "open all") you'd see all the stats as now - over a longer FM game this would make for a far cleaner and viewable screen especially for young players who are likely to be sent out on loan on more than one occasion. In terms of the data structure (i.e. in the editor) half of this exists; the data is set to order the lines' appearance so to my simplistic brain this would require another column for "layer" i.e. 1= parent club, 2= Loan/Bteam etc. Then the data would order base on layer and club order...

Obviously where a player transfers permanently during a season you'd have two teams shown in the same season and the same process would occur with that team also; the totals at the bottom would be for the total of all the items shown and hidden

4) Achievements - For managers can this be limited to competitions won or career bests - i.e a manager taking their club further than they ever had (personally or team history) or "for the 10th season running" etc would be noteworthy in that screen (maybe added at the end of the competition run rather than after each round) as opposed to recording that Sir Alex guided his team through to the 4th round of the Carling Cup each season.

5) Transfers - can there be a separate tab for these rather than having them on the career screen? Perhaps similar to manager histories of club from, to, time spent and then fee? (on a data note can this be currency and right justified and formatted £12,000,000 etc to allow for the spurious 640,000 and 325,000 etc - this might allow for the transfer systems to have a broader allowance of figures rather than jumping to 250k increments after 5m? Again if there is a mixed view can SI include currancy, decimal points, and format into the preferences list?

Example:

Date - From - To - Fee (£) - Playing Records

01.07.2010 - West Brom - Liverpool - £12,000,000 - X - X - X - X

31.01.2009 - Arsenal - West Brom - £8,500,000 - X - X - X - X

01.08.2007 - Crystal Palace - Arsenal - £5,000,000 - X - X - X - X

01.07.2005 - Portsmouth - Crystal Palace - £600,000 - X - X - X - X

31.08.2004 - Cork City - Portsmouth - £25,000 - X - X - X - X

TOTAL 26,125,000 - X - X - X - X

Getting rid of U18s & Reserve successes from the Club Competition History Page

This also goes for old competitions that no longer really matter (i.e. division south from the 70's) I am sure some people like these on there so perhaps a dynamic pick list (like the filter on the team sheet (First XI, Reserves etc) allowing the user to untick those they don't wish to see?

A specific thing I would like to see in press conferences is the option to say "What the hell are you talking about??" when the media make a blatantly idiotic or incorrect statement. Just had my Netherlands squad selection criticised in a press conference as being "inexperienced" - the squad averages 33 caps per player and has just two uncapped players in it. On what planet does that equate to "inexperienced"? In the same conference, I was asked about my dropping of Huntelaar and what it would take for him to earn his place in the squad again - he's injured and at 68% fitness, and that's the only reason he's not been included. So, in both those examples, and in countless others over the seasons, it would be nice to disagree with the press's assumption, rather than only being able to respond as if their statement is correct. I'd still like the press to make mistakes, because I think that's accurate enough (you only have to read the sports pages of The Sun or The Daily Mail to see how often they get it wrong!) but only if we can, like real managers, disagree with the assertions and assumptions they make.

I'd like an option on the calander that when clicked brings up a list of all fixtures being played that day. For those of us who like scouting in 3d or just generally like watching games in other leagues & nations, this would save lots of clicks, and time.

Agreed, would be a handy feature. There are ways of working around this but they're all pretty time-consuming.

Player Interaction around contracts - (again ignoring that there is probably a lot that could be improved here) for me there are two situations I have experienced that grate:

> Post "agent demanded contract talks" in the inevitable "concerned" talk there needs to be an option to say the following (and combinations of the following) I have talked to your agent but we are too far away at the moment; the club has a budget we have to keep to; I would be more than happy to resume talks - the ball is in yours and your agent's court; your agent is asking for too much of a fee i.e. twice your loyalty bonus

On this topic by the way there are often rounds of contract talks (look at Pogba and Welbeck at united for example.) I know the "rounds" are kind of done within the negotiation but perhaps there should be additional rounds if no resolution can be found

Strongly agree that there needs to be more interaction with and regarding agents, especially in terms of contract negotiations. Agents are a good feature but one that needs more angles to it. As well as the above listed examples, all of which are good, I'd like to see one for "You're asking for far too large a payrise given your role at the club" for when, e.g., an U19 player who's not yet made his professional début still feels he's entitled to get a wage hike to £20,000p/w from £550p/w just because a club's made a bid for him.

> When a player is unhappy i.e. post criticism/team talks etc - there needs to be the option to ask them whether they can really believe their performance (or that of the team) was good enough. for example I had a game where we narrowly beat bradford in a carling cup game and I said it was a let off. Ferdinand and Fletcher were both unhappy. My only option was to say I'd work on it rather than saying guys the performance wasn't good enough - I am pretty sure professional players would have accepted that!

This issue was touched on earlier in the thread and it's another one I feel strongly about - too often, as managers, our only options are either Denial or Acquiescence, we so rarely get the chance to Disagree, and the above example is a prominent and prolific example of this. Would Fergie or Warnock or Redknapp being all meek and mild if a player talked back to them? And, more often than not, the player's who whinge about us telling them off in a team-talk are the ones who most needed the kick up the backside anyway! But despite being their boss, all we can do is agree with them or deny there's an issue, instead of going for the more likely option of "You played like a malcoordinated donkey! If you don't think you deserved what I said at full-time then you're ****ing delusional! Get on with your football and stop whining!" (or, you know, maybe a slightly less aggressive wording :) )

Combine news items - I get sick and tired of having 30 messages about who might win player of the year - why not simply have 1 message on the topic saying x, manager said this and 12 other managers have agreed. However other managers have backed y, z and a player..." In addition the ones where the player "is looking for a way out." comes up far toom much for my liking

Being able to set your subscriptions to one of three settings would be good - Weekly Summary, Daily Summary, or Regular. At first I liked getting all the info from other leagues but now I unsubscribe everything because otherwise my inbox gets far too many unimportant news items and I end up missing ones that are actually important, like a club making an approach for one of my staff. Having a round-up of news on a user-definable frequency would remove the negatives without losing the added depth and realism the feature offers.

Build on the summary page - I hate the player history pages as their become a mess however I love the summary page for players and the "seasonal stats". Can you please add to this:

> Include assists in the games/goals columns (and clean sheets for GK's)

> Create a "club stats" version to cover their time at the club they are at

> Create a "Career Stats" version to cover their career

This way I can never have to look at the player history page which (lets face it) is unlikely to get cleaned up any time soon (though I do have ideas on how they could if interested.)

My only real issue with the history page is that it doesn't provide the stats for goals scored by keepers. Granted, for 99% of goalies in the world that isn't an issue but there are enough keepers out there who do score (either because they take penalties and free-kicks, or just through a fluke) that it makes sense to let them have the column for it. Especially since Free Kicks and Penalties are now visible stats on a keeper's profile.

Add agent speculation for managers - In my game managers declare interest which in RL I see agents do but not very often the manager. At worst they don't deny the speculation which feels more realistic

Agreed - agents could do with playing a bigger and more diverse role in the game.

Integrate the "respond to comments" into the press conferences (especilly if you don't respond to them.) Its important to have the questions on occasion outside of press conferences but not the second before you go into one.

I'd also like to see an option for "none of the above" in press conference responses. I like that we can enter free-text (even if it doesn't matter what we type) but currently we still have to select one of the pre-defined options as well.

Look into manager's comments on likely outcomes for a teams season. I had the situation where I had played 3 games compared to the top teams' 6 and therefore was in about 6th. Bearing in mind I had won the league the last two seasons it felt really strange to have mid-league team state that they are going to show my team how far from a title challenger we are...? And if a club is languishing shouldn't the comments be about surprise at the position, certainty that they will turn the corner (think when Liverpool were bottom of the league for a while a couple of seasons back and every report stated that they couldn't possibly continue to stay that low in the table!)

Guh, the number of times I've had another manager tell the press that my team "Don't look like title challengers" (or otherwise slag my team off) when we're top of the table and quite a few points clear... or when we get slated as under-performing when we've got games in hand and are potentially in a very respectable position... (even had this happen when we still had a 100% win record). However the game calculates when comments should be applied needs revising - currently it seems to just base it on current position without factoring in games played, form, or anything else. Likewise, as you say, when you're at a huge club that's in an unusually poor position the comments should reflect that better.

Offer coaching roles to legends when they announce retirement (and make them more likely to join the staff) - I had Ryan Giggs announce his retirement at the end of the season and while he then got his coaching profile his agent wouldn't discuss a new contract (I wanted at least player coach and then coach,) I had filled my quota (had to release a coach to get him in) and then he rejected the contract offer. IRL Man Utd just added Scholes to the youth coaching set up - I cannot see the board having rejected that!

Would be nice if the board would make exceptions for club icons in that regard - icons should not count towards the limit, or should be allowed to exceed the limit, though maybe only if they're already at the club as a player, as in the above example.

Manager Points. I still can't for the life of me understand why not every competition gets added to the points tally. In England only the FA Cup, and league count, the two euro competitions count but the super cup, world club championship etc don't. Even if they only carry small points they should be included as should lower league achievements. I know they are included in the histories but I think they should be in Hall of Fame too - even if they are consigned to "Minor Cups and Minor Leagues etc."

Do they not count at all towards the points? I always figured they counted for points but just weren't included in the trophy tally.

Despite the new "summaries" I have suggested adding to in the previous post this is my idea about changing the GUI on the player history / achievements screens and below are my suggestions for change:

1) For a start can histories be career histories - defaulted to all comps (international, continental and domestic) as opposed to simply domestic league. I understand from the forums that its league because of backdating the history but I am sure most wouldn't care if its slightly out???

And if people do mind.....Perhaps with a filter like on the team sheet allowing users to configure the view they want? When any media talks about appearances over a career they talk about all comps i.e. Gerrard playing over 50 games for club and country in one season; clearly non competitive matches don't count and media messages can be taken from any of the stats, league, international, continental or total depending on their nature.

Maybe a drop-down option for "League Stats" and "All Competitions" as there are in some of the club histories and the like?

2) Can we have 1 line per season per contracted club(defaulted to a closed view) where loans or appearences for B teams etc are appended under a drop down (similar to grouping on Excel) i.e

Example: ( - represents a new column)

Season - Club - Competition - Stats

2008-09 - Arsenal - Premiership - x - x - x

2007-08 - Arsenal - Premiership - x - x - x

+ 2007-08 - Leeds - Championship - x - x - x

In the default view you'd only see the Arsenal stats as thats the club contracted to whereas in the fully opened view (clicking on the + or a button for "open all") you'd see all the stats as now - over a longer FM game this would make for a far cleaner and viewable screen especially for young players who are likely to be sent out on loan on more than one occasion. In terms of the data structure (i.e. in the editor) half of this exists; the data is set to order the lines' appearance so to my simplistic brain this would require another column for "layer" i.e. 1= parent club, 2= Loan/Bteam etc. Then the data would order base on layer and club order...

Obviously where a player transfers permanently during a season you'd have two teams shown in the same season and the same process would occur with that team also; the totals at the bottom would be for the total of all the items shown and hidden

I like that idea a lot - would make player histories a lot tidier and clearer if loan and B team appearances were sub-titles under the main club's name rather than getting a full line to themselves. Especially with the Spanish leagues.

4) Achievements - For managers can this be limited to competitions won or career bests - i.e a manager taking their club further than they ever had (personally or team history) or "for the 10th season running" etc would be noteworthy in that screen (maybe added at the end of the competition run rather than after each round) as opposed to recording that Sir Alex guided his team through to the 4th round of the Carling Cup each season.

Yeah, always struck me as a bit daft that it includes every single round of a competition under achievements, instead of just the highest round reached. Or at least put in a different option to view only competitions won.

5) Transfers - can there be a separate tab for these rather than having them on the career screen? Perhaps similar to manager histories of club from, to, time spent and then fee? (on a data note can this be currency and right justified and formatted £12,000,000 etc to allow for the spurious 640,000 and 325,000 etc - this might allow for the transfer systems to have a broader allowance of figures rather than jumping to 250k increments after 5m? Again if there is a mixed view can SI include currancy, decimal points, and format into the preferences list?

Example:

Date - From - To - Fee (£) - Playing Records

01.07.2010 - West Brom - Liverpool - £12,000,000 - X - X - X - X

31.01.2009 - Arsenal - West Brom - £8,500,000 - X - X - X - X

01.08.2007 - Crystal Palace - Arsenal - £5,000,000 - X - X - X - X

01.07.2005 - Portsmouth - Crystal Palace - £600,000 - X - X - X - X

31.08.2004 - Cork City - Portsmouth - £25,000 - X - X - X - X

TOTAL 26,125,000 - X - X - X - X

Agreed on this, too. Would make for more interesting and accessible stats.

The main thing for me would be no steamworks. It won't happen though and thus I won't be purchasing FM13.

Personally, if FM stopped using Steam that would put me off. I like that my games are kept organised and auto-updated, and I like that I can see who else on my Friends list plays the game, and I like the achievements. I've been using Steam since it was shiny and new (and kinda broken) back in 2003, and I have not had a single problem with it after it got over its initial teething problems. Of the people who do have problems with Steam (many of whom seem to be unreasonably vitriolic) I do wonder how many a) haven't actually used Steam in years and refuse to use it purely because of their memories of how it used to be; b) are having problems with Steam because they've not bothered trouble-shooting and don't realise that the issue isn't actually the software itself but something on their computer. Not saying there aren't people with genuine reasons to dislike the programme (let's face it, with the nigh-infinite hardware and software combinations in modern PCs, there's always going to be some combinations that a programme just will not work with) but from personal experience with a few friends who are former Steam-haters, the problem was them and not Steam (actually, in all those cases it was that they'd had problems with Steam 5+ years ago and failed to realise that the platform is constantly updated to resolve issues and that the issue they'd had was long since fixed).

On an unrelated note, I'm betting nobody is going to read this post from start to finish xD

I agree with most if not all points mentioned.

One i do disagree with is the AI buying players. Personally i manage in Scotland, i find i have a good player for 2/3 years before some English club wants to poach them. Keeping players with favoured club and personelle matching myself and club are impossible to keep.

As a result, my squad is getting weakened every year. Losing your best players and unable to attract similar talent makes it harder and keeps it interesting for me.

Out of curiosity how do you handle the requests?

I manage almost solely Rangers and i can hold on to my top players relatively easily, now and again i might have to tell them i am the boss and the club will increase in reputation to match their own expectations but other than that the only time i end up losing players against my will is if the chairman bites someones hand off.

For example in 2015 i started getting 10m+ bids for a few of my youngsters, almost all of whom are still in my 2019/20 squad and now attracting 25m+ bids. I cannot even remember the last time one of them complained about me turning down bids for them.

Out of curiosity how do you handle the requests?

I manage almost solely Rangers and i can hold on to my top players relatively easily, now and again i might have to tell them i am the boss and the club will increase in reputation to match their own expectations but other than that the only time i end up losing players against my will is if the chairman bites someones hand off.

For example in 2015 i started getting 10m+ bids for a few of my youngsters, almost all of whom are still in my 2019/20 squad and now attracting 25m+ bids. I cannot even remember the last time one of them complained about me turning down bids for them.

I manage Ajax in Holland quite a lot and I never have any trouble keeping hold of players. Only time I sell a player is if they're surplus to requirements or if they're unprofessional and more trouble than they're worth. Just in my latest game, Sigthorsson has been receiving bids from Barca and Inter of upwards of £15m and I've rejected them and kept hold of him without a problem. Season 3 of this game and not had to sell a single player I didn't want to. So long as you keep winning, they don't generally seem to mind too much who they play for.

Update: End of season 4 and I had to sell Alderweireld in the end. Anita moans about two or three times a season but each time I'm able to persuade him that he's happy here.

Some sort of update for the multi player option would be nice. Since 2008 50% of my play time is over a network with friend(s) and the system has not changed in that time and really needs an update. Its slow and to do any actions they have to be done twice or more. With the experience that SI have gained with FM Live some sort of tweak for FM13 would be nice.

I want to see realistic transfer campaigns. I am playing FM 12.2.2 with ALL playable leagues and 300k players. I am now in season 2012/2013, August 2012 to be precise. Now I wanted to see how things are going in Ukraine. I looked at Dynamo Kyiv and Shakhtar Donetsk. NO TRANSFERS IN ever! Shakhtar is a major "Brazilian talent lover". This looks ridiculous - no buyed players for three transfer windows by Ukrainian top teams!

Related to the subscription summary items, I'd be especially keen on that for the transfer news you get when a transfer window opens. With most of the European leagues (or at least most of the major ones) starting their transfer windows on the same date, if you're subscribed to a few leagues you end up getting 40+ items for transfer news every time. Would be so much tidier and more user-friendly if you just had one item per league, like "Serie A Transfer Summary" and then all of the items compiled into that one news bulletin instead of a separate one for every single transfer of note in that league.

Harking back to the various comments on youth team improvement, I'd like to see an improvement in the quality of players coming through at a human manager's youth team. Maybe it's just my experience, but in the few dozen seasons I've played of FM2012 I can count on one hand the number of youth player regens that have joined my club who've had the potential to one day be in the first team. Not saying every club should get half a dozen every season, but the overall quality of youth trial candidates coming into human manager clubs looks like it needs putting up a notch.

This is particularly glaring in my current game, where I'm in charge of Ajax - just ending season number four, and in the three batches of youth players I've had, a mere two have been worth keeping. At Ajax. A club that manages to produce, almost without fail, three or four internationals every season. But no, I'm getting a dozen or so players, maybe two or three of whom will one day grace the first team at Sparta Rotterdam or Go Ahead Eagles, and the rest of whom should retire before they even start and go back to school. And I'm not just basing my opinion of their potential on what my Assistant tells me, I also check with both FMRTE and FM Scout, and all three assessments agree on the matter. Currently sitting here reloading my game the day before the regens come in (having saved my initial batch separately - just reloading as an experiment) and after a dozen reloads I've had two potential first-teamers, three or four potential backup players, and about a hundred who will never be good enough to even play in the Jupiler League (Dutch 2nd division). I would have thought that each season Ajax would be getting at least 1-2 first-teamers, 3-4 squad/backup players, and the rest a mixture ranging from first-team in a smaller Eredivise side to barely good enough for the Jupiler League.

Remember when Ajax won the Champions League in 1995 with luminaries such as Edgar Davids, Patrick Kluivert, Frank and Ronald de Boer, Clarence Seedorf, and Michael Reiziger? All of whom were graduates of the Ajax youth academy and came through within a couple of seasons of each other. Granted, this was the golden generation of Ajax and exceptional even by the club's high standards but they still produced half a dozen future world-class players in two seasons, and even in relatively barren spells Ajax still turn out a couple of fresh new internationals-to-be every single season. Point is... I'm not saying that they should churn out a handful of wonderkids every season, but even in a bad year they should have one or two players who will end up in the first team. As it is, if I get one I consider that to be a good year!

I'm also finding the variety in nationality to be a bit limited. It doesn't apply to most clubs, but in my Ajax game I supposedly have clubs from China, South Africa, the USA, Belgium, and Japan feeding me youth players, and in these dozen or so reloads I've had one Canadian, three Belgians, and one American - the rest have all been Dutch. I would expect with that many feeders clubs (they're all marked as sending youth players on loan) that I should be getting a handful of foreign players coming through each time, but most batches of youth players I get none at all, and on the rare occasions when I get a non-Dutch youth player, it'll be just the one.

This, clearly, is not a "game-breaking" bug or any such excessive exaggeration, and for the majority of clubs the youth income seems to be more or less okay. But more needs to be done to reflect that some clubs are truly exceptional when it comes to youth talent - as a manager of a club like Ajax, I should not spend every season seeing my rivals at PSV, Feyenoord, and Sparta Rotterdam get two or three future internationals each when I'm lucky to get just one. I mean, I have the highest possible score in both Youth Academy and Youth Recruitment, and I have five feeder clubs sending youth players over... if that's not enough to get decent youth players then WTF is??

End of rant :)

Oh, and before anyone tells me that I should scout for youth instead of being lazy and relying on my own regens, I do scout for youth and I operate a very far-reaching youth recruitment policy, to the extent that my Ajax 2 side have won the Dutch cup twice (without any direct intervention by me). Just saying that I shouldn't have to rely entirely on youth players I've brought in myself :p

And if anyone's interested I have started keeping screenshots of the youth candidates on each reload; should probably have done that from the start rather than 20 loads in but ah well.

The only things I would add to the game were

1 - have the away fans segregated form the home fans like with stewards or a fence between them.

2 - have the manager and coaches etc shown in the dugout aswell as players, with the manager coming out onto the technical noe and then.

3 - let us change the names of new stadiums whether it's the club we are managing or not.

4 - better crowd animation and have them doing better singing

5 - have the correct trophy presented on the pitch when you win one, like the fa cup etc

6 - and I think this one is a must, change the non-player contract bit in the editor as it would be nice to have a manager in waiting once the current manager has left his contract, like the Pep Guardiola thing at barcelona.

The only things I would add to the game were

1 - have the away fans segregated form the home fans like with stewards or a fence between them.

2 - have the manager and coaches etc shown in the dugout aswell as players, with the manager coming out onto the technical noe and then.

3 - let us change the names of new stadiums whether it's the club we are managing or not.

4 - better crowd animation and have them doing better singing

5 - have the correct trophy presented on the pitch when you win one, like the fa cup etc

6 - and I think this one is a must, change the non-player contract bit in the editor as it would be nice to have a manager in waiting once the current manager has left his contract, like the Pep Guardiola thing at barcelona.

Agree with all those suggestions.

At the end of the season, i'd like to have a sit down with the president/board to discuss offseason plans, lay out transfer targets, budgets, player futures etc. I find it strange that they'd just give you money without askng a bit about what you intend to do with it, that's given the unlikely scenario of you being in sole control over transfers anyway (at least at a continental club)

At the end of the season, i'd like to have a sit down with the president/board to discuss offseason plans, lay out transfer targets, budgets, player futures etc. I find it strange that they'd just give you money without askng a bit about what you intend to do with it, that's given the unlikely scenario of you being in sole control over transfers anyway (at least at a continental club)

Another good idea :)

Except for all the ones that do ;)

I'm not going to list them because, these days, it's basically all of them.

Cannot be said enough. The lack of 64-bit support is downright criminal of SI.

And no, the game doesn't utilize more than one core where it matters - processing players. It's been discussed several times on these forums.

Oh. My. God.

Archived