The Rise Of The Sammarinese - Game Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes champions league for Domango. We are going to be setting a lot of records. Plus move up San Marino in European co-efficient table so we can get better and more european spots.

TM is Animosama stamina increasing ?

Yes, your Stamina is increasing a bit at the moment. From the chart, you started with 6 Stamina and your currently 8.

Your right, Domagnano are about to enter a very interesting season. Lets hope they can perform :)

Meh. CL chance lost :( Let's hope we get to push further in EL at least. Also I have to say I am simply amazed by Ashario's statistics. The man is a beast!

There's always next season :) If both teams do very well, who knows, their may be 2 spots from Champions League football in the 3rd season!

Great win for Damagnano, I think its the first game that the possession numbers were fairly even, although it was still in favor in Fiorentino. Nice to see Park step up in a good game, and hopefully the team can do some damage in the CL.

The first half looked to be a stumbling block again for Domagnano, but Fiorentino weren't exactly impressive as such, but in the second half, Domagnano totally dominated and I think that's how the possession numbers evened out.

Meh, Moridin looks like a one man show at the moment :lol:

TM could we get screen shots of the great saves as well? Make it a bit more fun to be the GK.

I'll do my best to get you some more videos.

36 goals in 19 games :eek: plob Dork really is showing what he's made of :D how's the world cup qualifying coming along...??

The World Cup Qualifiers haven't started yet, we have a game with South Korea first, then the Qualifiers start in the new season. I should have the South Korea game up soon, then i've got the end of season report.

San Marino Vs South Korea - Friendly Match

San Marino World Rank: 139th

South Korea could possibly provide a big test for our lads. Fitness is considerably low after a long and gruelling season and having only played a match 3 days ago. The previous match against Mexico will give our lads a big boost, but South Korea aren't far behind in the World Rankings (36th). Park Chu-Young could be the biggest threat, who has played very well for Arsenal this season. He has also scored 9 goals in 12 games for South Korea this season!

Team Line-Up

Formation: 4 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 1

GK - Arawn Moridin

DR - Davatzis

DC - Richard Marino

DC - Luke Corcoran

DL - Giuseppe Faci

DMC - Simone Finke

MCR - Animosama

MCL - Alessio Gentile

AMR - Stefano Duffinci

AML - Walter Ashario

ST - Scevola Zangari

I've decided to go with Possession football as South Korea don't appear to be the type that can cope with that. Hopefully i'm right :D

South Korea Formation: 3 - 5 - 2

South Korea are using a very unusual formation, so Animosama and Gentile will have to be on form today in the middle of the park!

First Half...

21st Minute: Davatzis uses his skill on the right hand side and gets past two players, passes into the box for Zangari, Zangari!!! He hits the side netting! Close call for South Korea.

32nd Minute: Ashario floats a corner in for Marino at the front post, Sung-Yong clears, Animosama runs across to collect the ball and puts in a cross that lands right on Marino's foot! GOALLLLLLLL!!! Marino smashed the ball straight in before anybody could even get close! San Marino 1 - 0 South Korea.

41st Minute: The San Marino defence is caught off guard and Gook Jung is clear through!!! WOW! What a horrible shot! High and Wide. San Marino were lucky and the defence needs to wake up.

Half Time...

San Marino are currently dominating possession (65%), but South Korea have played very well with what little possession they've had and have stumped us going forward. We have 2 shots, to their 6, but we have the goal. I've decided to switch our formation back to the usual...

Formation Change: 4 - 1 - 3 - 2

Substitutes...

Alessio Gentile Off, El Toono On

Walter Ashario Off, Daniel Park On

Luke Corcoran Off, Guisseppe Leoni On

El Toono will line up in the AML position as I feel his pace, along with his crossing ability could cause South Korea Problems. Daniel Park played well in the recent match against Fiorentino, so I feel he deserves to play and Corcoran is having a horror show, so Leoni will hopefully provide some stability at the back. Gentile and Ashario are very low on fitness, so that's why they are replaced.

Second Half...

46th Minute: South Korea work the ball forward, Chu-Young has a shot, but yet again it's over the bar!

49th Minute: Finke picks up the ball in the center of the park, passes to Duffinci and he puts a wonderfull ball through for the on-running El-Toono! GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Instant impact from the make-shift AML! He slotted past the keeper with ease... San Marino 2 - 0 South Korea!

70th Minute: Sung-Yong puts in a well rehearsed cross, outside the box to Jung-Soo, he works an angle and goes for goal! FANTASTIC STOP FROM FACI ON THE LINE! That was going in, Moridin was beaten, but Faci stayed on the back post just in case and it's paid off!

85th Minute: Davatzis goes down injured, but it appears he will be able to play on.

Full Time... San Marino 2 - 0 South Korea!

Man Of The Match: Richard Marino

San Marino Stats

Shots: 3

On Target: 2

Possession: 55%

South Korea Stats

Shots: 9

On Target: 5

Possession: 45%

Player Ratings

First Team

Arawn Moridin: 6.9

Davatzis: 7.7

Richard Marino: 8.5

Luke Corcoran: 6.3

Guiseppe Faci: 7.7

Simone Finke: 6.8

Animosama: 7.1

Alessio Gentile: 6.8

Stefano Duffinci: 7.4

Walter Ashario: 6.8

Scevola Zangari: 6.8

Substitutes

Daniel Park: 6.1

Guisseppe Leoni: 6.9

El Toono: 7.5

Verdict: As predicted, a very tough match, but I feel that we played the most dangerous football and despite South Korea's obvious dominant stats, they didn't play as well as suggested. El Toono was a shock goalscorer, but i'm glad I brought him on. Daniel Park was disappointing again and I think Zangari along with Plob Dork are the obvious front 2 players at the moment.

Not happy at Lorenzo's lack of involvement on the international scene. Not even from the bench. =(

Lorenzo wasn't even on the bench due to lack of fitness. I can't remember the exact %, but it was between 60% and 69%. You will definately be in the next squad, fitness permitting :)

Fiorentino End Of Season Report

Campionato Sammarinese League Table

Campionato Sammarinese Team Stats

Fiorentino Squad Stats

Fiorentino have had a very good season domestically, but came up short in the end with a loss to Domagnano (3-1). They did however win a trophy, the Taca Titano! This meant that Fiorentino were already destined for Europe next season, but which competition, they were unsure. However, since their loss to Domagnano, they have learnt that they will be in the Europa League next season. I believe this may not be such a bad thing, as it will be much easier to progress and they have a very good chance of getting far.

Players...

Arawn Moridin

Ben Goldsmith

Nick Adam

Luke Corcoran

El Toono

Simone Finke

Alessio Gentile

Lukie DiSalvo

Edoardo Lorenzo

Walter Ashario

Plob Dork

Campionato Sammarinese Play-Off Results...

(A) La Fiorita 7 - 0 (Dork x4, Lorenzo, Finke, Goldsmith)

(H) Murata 5 - 0 (DiSalvo, Lorenzo x3, Dork)

(A) Tre Fiori 8 - 0 (Ashario x3, Dork x2, Lorenzo x2, Own Goal)

(A) Domagnano 1 - 3 (Finke)

(H) Folgore 8 - 0 (Gentile, DiSalvo x2, Own Goal, Dork x2, Corcoran, Ashario)

Players Awards - May

Defender Of Month - Ben Goldsmith

Midfielder Of Month - Walter Ashario

Player Awards - Season

Midfielder Of Season - Walter Ashario

Golden Boot - Plob Dork

Performer Of Competition - Walter Ashario

GOAL OF MONTH & SEASON

[video=youtube;bzJF_ZBekPQ]

Domagnano End Of Season Report

Campionato Sammarinese League Table

Campionato Sammarinese Stats

Domagnano Team Stats

Domagnano have had a fantastic season and it's no small thanks to Zangari who has been just as good creative wise and he is with his goalscoring! Daniel Park who partners Zangari is seen as the man that pops up everywhere, with some fantastic goalscoring this season, but many believe Park fails on the big stage. However, he will have a big chance next season to prove his critics wrong as Domagnano embark on the Champions League journey! Another big creative force is Jake Stothard, otherwise named "THE GIANT", weighing in at 17 Stone 8 Lbs and stands at a massive 6'11". Stothard's impressive flair allows him to trick his opponents on a regular basis and if he manages to train his Technique, he could become one of the best inside forwards in the world! To finish off this team, they have Richard Marino at the back who is their giant at the back and a big problem for opposition teams defending corners!

Players...

Matt Swain

Davatzis

Giusseppe Leoni

Richard Marino

Giuseppe Faci

Stefano Duffinci

Animosama

Jake Stothard

Geraint Alacarde

Daniel Park

Scevola Zangari

Campionato Sammarinese Play-Off Results...

(A) Murata 6 - 0 (Park x2, Alacarde, Own Goal x2, Zangari)

(H) Tre Fiori 5 - 0 (Stothard, Alacarde, Duffinci, Zangari x2)

(A) Folgore 6 - 1 (Zangari x2, Alacarde, Own Goal, Animosama, Park)

(H) Fiorentino 3 - 1 (Park x2, Alacarde)

(H) La Fiorita 5 - 0 (Leoni, Zangari, Park, Bronzetti, Stothard)

Player Awards - May

Goalkeeper Of Month - Matt Swain

Striker Of Month - Scevola Zangari

Golden Boy - Daniel Park

Player Awards - Season

Goalkeeper Of Season - Matt Swain

Striker Of Season - Scevola Zangari

End Of Season Report

European Competitions List - Campionato Sammarinese - Previous Rank: 500th - Current Rank: 494th (+6)

San Marino World Rank: 139th

San Marino Nation Coefficients Rank: 53rd (+0)

San Marino Qualification Places Rank: 53rd (+0)

San Marino European Rank: 47th (+6)

Imense improvement by Moridin! If he keeps improving like that he will be incredible in a few seasons! Can't say that he has any weaknesses at the moment so I can hardly imagine how he will look like in 2 or 3 seasons!

Champions League Champions Qualifier First Phase - U.E. Santa Coloma VS Domagnano

U.E. Santa Coloma are the Andorran champions and most would believe that Domagnano's venture into this years Champions League has been kind to them for this draw!

U.E. Santa Coloma Vs Domagnano Leg 1

U.E. Santa Coloma 0 - 16 Domagnano

Man Of The Match: Daniel Park

[video=youtube;Rd4LLrHyPlg]

U.E. Santa Coloma Stats

Shots: 1

On Target: 0

Possession: 33%

Fouls: 5

Woodwork: 1

Domagnano Stats

Shots: 33

On Target: 19

Possession: 67%

Fouls: 3

Woodwork: 4

Player Ratings

Matt Swain - 9.0

Davatzis - 8.6

Giusseppe Leoni - 8.7

Richard Marino - 9.6 (2)

Giuseppe Faci - 8.7

Stefano Duffinci - 9.4 (1)

Animosama - 9.5 (2)

Jake Stothard - 9.7 (2)

Geraint Alacarde - 8.9

Daniel Park - 10.0 (4)

Scevola Zangari - 10.0 (5)

Domagnano Vs U.E. Santa Coloma Leg 2

Domagnano 10 - 0 U.E. Santa Coloma

Man Of The Match: Daniel Park

[video=youtube;wpMeu-RKkQw]

Domagnano Stats

Shots: 34

On Target: 19

Possession: 60%

Fouls: 4

Woodwork: 3

U.E. Santa Coloma Stats

Shots: 0

Possession: 40%

Fouls: 13

Woodwork: 0

Player Ratings

Matt Swain - 7.6

Davatzis (Injured) - 8.7

Giusseppe Leoni - 8.9

Richard Marino - 8.7

Giuseppe Faci - 8.9

Stefano Duffinci - 9.4 (1)

Animosama - 9.2

Jake Stothard - 9.2

Geraint Alacarde - 8.9

Daniel Park - 10.0 (5)

Scevola Zangari - 9.8 (4)

Domagnano 26 - 0 U.E. Santa Coloma - Aggregate

Verdict - Domagnano had the most fun against a single team in their entire history! What a way to introduce themselves into these qualifiers. They will now be considered the team to avoid in the rounds to come! The next round is already decided and Domagnano will face Croatian side GNK Dinamo.

Europa League First Qualifying Round - Linfield Vs Fiorentino

Linfield is probably one of the toughest teams in the First Qualifying Round, so Fiorentino will need to make sure they play well.

Linfield Vs Fiorentino Leg 1

Linfield 0 - 3 Fiorentino

Man Of The Match: Alessio Gentile

[video=youtube;Yd_1snwzT58]

Linfield Stats

Shots: 1

Possession: 29%

Fouls: 12

Fiorentino Stats

Shots: 21

On Target: 7

Possession: 71%

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin - 6.9

Ben Goldsmith - 7.8

Nick Adam - 8.4 (1)

Luke Corcoran - 8.0

El Toono - 8.5

Simone Finke - 8.1

Alessio Gentile - 8.5

Lukio DiSalvo - 6.6

Edoardo Lorenzo - 8.3 (1)

Marco Domeniconi - 7.6

Plob Dork - 8.0 (1)

Fiorentino Vs Linfield Leg 2

Fiorentino 5 - 0 Linfield

Man Of The Match: Edoardo Lorenzo

[video=youtube;dmhLPNNVprI]

Fiorentino Stats

Shots: 16

On Target: 9

Possession: 66%

Fouls: 3

Linfield Stats

Shots: 3

Possession: 34%

Fouls: 9

Woodwork: 2

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin - 7.9

Ben Goldsmith - 8.7

Nick Adam - 9.2 (1)

Luke Corcoran - 8.9 (1)

El Toono - 8.5

Simone Finke - 8.5

Alessio Gentile - 7.7

Lukio DiSalvo - 8.8

Edoardo Lorenzo - 9.3 (1)

Marco Domeniconi - 8.7

Plob Dork (Injured) - 7.4 (1)

Sub - Daniele Frguglietti - 8.1 (1)

Injury Report

Fiorentino

Plob Dork - Fractured Arm - Expected to be out for the next 4 to 5 weeks.

Walter Ashario - Groun Strain - Expected to be out for the next 6 to 12 days.

Domagnano

Davatzis - Thigh Strain - Expected to be out for the next 4 to 5 weeks.

Lovely score over Linfield I'd say. Definitely a much tougher opponent than that pesky U.E. Santa Coloma :) Domagnano will be pretty lucky it seems with the CL's Champions play-off thingy. I wasn't expecting Linfield at the first time of asking to be honest.

Champions League & Europa League Ties

Fiorentino are set to play Debrecen in the next round and Walter Ashario is in a race against time to become fit for the first game. Unfortunately, Plob Dork wont make either leg of the tie and will be missed.

Domagnano will be without Right Back Davatzis for their upcoming tie against Dinamo. With the previous victory against U.E. Santa Coloma, Domagnano will fancy themselves for this tie!

Champions League & Europa League Ties

Fiorentino are set to play Debrecen in the next round and Walter Ashario is in a race against time to become fit for the first game. Unfortunately, Plob Dork wont make either leg of the tie and will be missed.

Domagnano will be without Right Back Davatzis for their upcoming tie against Dinamo. With the previous victory against U.E. Santa Coloma, Domagnano will fancy themselves for this tie!

Man this sucks so bad, good luck guys see you in 5 weeks :)

Champions League Champions Qualifier Round 2

Domagnano Vs Dinamo (Leg 1)

Domagnano start this match without Davatzis at right back, but they will still fancy themselves to do some damage here... Dinamo have a history of bringing through some very good players, such as Luka Modric, Eduardo and Milan Badelj, whilst current future star Mateo Kovacic is playing for them. Apart from Kovacic, there isn't much of a threat.

Domagnano 2 - 2 Dinamo

Man Of The Match: Mateo Kovacic

[video=youtube;xomxlmIBAOg]

Domagnano Stats

Shots: 20

On Target: 8

Possession: 48%

Dinamo Stats

Shots: 6

On Target: 4

Possession: 52%

Fouls: 7

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 6.6

Federico Righi: 6.8

Giusseppe Leoni: 6.8

Richard Marino: 6.9

Giuseppe Faci: 6.8

Stefano Duffinci: 7.0

Animosama: 6.9

Jake Stothard: 6.9

Geraint Alacarde: 7.5 (1)

Daniel Park: 6.8

Scevola Zangari: 6.8

Dinamo Vs Domagnano (Leg 2)

Domagnano have had another blow coming into this match as Daniel Park will be unavailable due to injury. Park will be out for around 3 weeks and could possibly miss the next round if Domagnano make it through today. Davatzis is still recovering from his injury.

Dinamo 1 - 4 Domagnano

Man Of The Match: Scevola Zangari

[video=youtube;-kZq370fS5c]

Dinamo Stats

Shots: 5

On Target: 3

Possession: 46%

Fouls: 14

Domagnano Stats

Shots: 25

On Target: 8

Possession: 54%

Fouls: 8

Woodwork: 3

Player Ratings

Matt Swain: 6.8

Federico Righi: 7.1

Giusseppe Leoni: 7.4

Richard Marino: 7.5

Giuseppe Faci: 7.4

Stefano Duffinci: 7.7

Animosama: 7.0

Jake Stothard: 9.0

Geraint Alacarde: 8.0 (1)

Steven Venerucci: 7.5 (1)

Scevola Zangari: 9.2 (2)

Domagnano 6 - 3 Dinamo (On Aggregate)

Europa League Second Qualifying Round

Debrecen Vs Fiorentino (Leg 1)

Fiorentino may have some problems against a strong Debrecen side. They will be without Plob Dork who is a major part of the team. They are also having trouble with the fitness of Walter Ashario who is available to play, but only in light training. There may have to be a formation and tactic change to get the best out of the current available players.

Formation: 3-3-2-1-1

Debrecen 0 - 1 Fiorentino

Man Of The Match: Luke Corcoran

[video=youtube;JPfFwtj2Mx4]

Debrecen Stats

On Target: 4

Possession: 45%

Fouls: 11

Fiorentino Stats

Shots: 8

On Target: 1

Possession: 55%

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin: 7.0

Nick Adam: 7.0 (1)

Mattia Casadei: 6.8

Luke Corcoran: 7.4

Ben Goldsmith: 7.3

Simone Finke: 7.0

El Toono: 7.2

Lukio DiSalvo: 6.8

Alessio Gentile: 7.3

Edoardo Lorenzo: 6.8

Daniele Friguglietti: 6.8

Fiorentino Vs Debrecen (Leg 2)

Formation: 3-3-2-1-1

Fiorentino 2 - 1 Debrecen

Man Of The Match: Simone Finke

[video=youtube;qQWqOO2mzMk]

Fiorentino Stats

On Target: 3

Possession: 50%

Debrecen Stats

Shots: 10

Possession: 50%

Fouls: 6

Player Ratings

Arawn Moridin: 6.9

Nick Adam: 6.9

Mattia Cadadei: 6.1

Luke Corcoran (Injured): 6.9

Ben Goldsmith: 6.9

Simone Finke: 8.4 (1)

El Toono: 7.3

Lukio DiSalvo: 6.9

Alessio Gentile (Injured): 8.3 (1)

Edoardo Lorenzo: 5.9

Marco Domeniconi: 5.9

Just a quick question. Will you go put up more detailed match reports if we qualify for the CL/EL? Something like the updates on internationals?

That is my intention :) At the moment i'm just trying to get through the matches as fast as I can and still providing detail without putting too much focus on the matches. I'm pretty confident our teams will qualify, which is my reason for lower detail.

2 more wins for Fiorentino compared to the rivals draw :) Both goals at home look kinda funny to be honest with all those Debrecen defense trailing behind the scorers :D Here's hoping it's not a big injury for Gentile.

2 more wins for Fiorentino compared to the rivals draw :) Both goals at home look kinda funny to be honest with all those Debrecen defense trailing behind the scorers :D Here's hoping it's not a big injury for Gentile.

7 players trailing behind to be exact! I missed that goal whilst getting a drink, so I just saw it for the first time and I couldn't help laughing :D

Archived