The Rise Of The Sammarinese - Game Thread

Dieu, I know your worried about Arawn Moridin not getting in the action yet, but don't worry he will be starting the next match. In the Peru game, I picked players based on a mixture of Fiorentino and Domagnano players. There wasn't anything else I could base my selection on really. In the Holland game, my selection was totally based on fitness and a lot of players were very low on fitness, including Arawn Moridin. I knew Holland would probably smash us, but I wanted the best chance and fitness was the way forward, which was proved for holding out for 70 minutes. If Matt Swain was low (he was 100%), then your player would have played (You was 83%).

At the moment, all my decisions will be based, firstly on formation; are we using an AMC or a DMC? Secondly on fitness, depending on the quality of the opponent and thirdly on who hasn't played as much; if a player hasn't played as much as his opposition (Arawn Vs Swain), then Arawn would normally get the call up.

In the big tournaments, I will be going off performances and fitness. If your player performed better than Matt Swain during qualification and friendlies, then he will be the priority to start, depending on fitness.

So as I say, don't worry, Arawn Moridin will get plenty of chances :)

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame about the Holland match after such a good start. Guess fatigue played a part in the capitulation. =/

You are right, we went into the match with a lot of players on low fitness, which restricted my selection a lot and I had to basically accept defeat before we even played, but we played very well defensively and had some chances. We also scored our first ever goal in qualification which is a good thing :D

Happy to have captained the country :) We were so close with Peru, hopefully we can pick off any smaller nations before challenging the big ones.

We have some smaller Nations to play against this season, but I wanted to start with Peru, just to test out how we could play against a team like that. The Euro qualification matches I obviously have no say in and it was unfortunate we had to play Holland who are World #1...

San Marino Fixture List

7th September - 16th Novemeber...

Euro Qual - San Marino Vs Sweden - Ranked 20th (7.9.2011)

Friendly - San Marino Vs Poland - Ranked 63rd (8.10.2011)

Euro Qual - Moldova Vs San Marino - Ranked 98th (12.10.2011)

Friendly - San Marino Vs Thailand - Ranked 129th (12.11.2011)

Friendly - San Marino Vs Bulgaria - Ranked 57th (16.11.2011)

I think those fixtures are reasonable and we should give it a good shot against all of them except possible problems against Sweden.

San Marino Vs Sweden - European Championship Qualifier

It's another day and another game! They are coming thick and fast right now and that's how we like it! (I know what some of you are thinking!).

Build Up

Swedish Media have rubbished San Marino's chances of a miracle victory or draw. I say, all the pressure is on Sweden! World #20 and they will need to perform to make sure we dont stump them! This match is being labelled as one of the biggest miss-matches of the season.

Giuseppe Faci insists San Marino have what it takes to shock Sweden and beat them on Wednesday night! Faci believes that Sweden are too confident and that could come back to haunt them.

Initial Squad Selection Policy

I will be looking first, at players who haven't had much game time or none at all and looking to give them a chance to shine. Secondly, I will be looking at fitness as this is a big match and we will need to be fit enough to get a decent result, even if we do lose.

Squad To Face Sweden

Gk - Arawn Moridin

DR - Ben Goldsmith

DC - Giusseppe Leoni

DC - Nick Adam

DL - Giuseppe Faci

DMC - Simone Finke

MC - Alessio Gentile

AMR - Edoardo Lorenzo

AML - Walter Ashario

STR - Daniel Park

STL - Plob Dork

Sub - Matt Swain

Sub - El Toono

Sub - Lukio DiSalvo

Sub - Scevola Zangari

Sub - Luke Corcoran

Sub - Stefano Duffinci

Sub - Jake Stothard

Captain - Walter Ashario

Playmaker - Alessio Gentile

Target Man - Plob Dork

Match: First Half

4th Minute: Lustig gets lucky with a cross that deflects off a San Marino player... Just our bad luck as Larsson is right on top of it to slot into the net. San Marino 0 - 1 Sweden

5th Minute: Straight from kick off San Marino work the ball forward and with some great passing on show... Alessio Gentile slots the ball through and Plob Dork has a chance at an angled shot, but it's well saved by Wiland! Good chance and great response!

11th Minute: Corner to San Marino! Ashario whips the ball in, Daniel Park is inches from connecting! It floats past and Leoni gets his head to it!!! Fantastic reflex save by Wiland!!! Unlucky for San Marino!

12th Minute: This is so unlucky... San Marino 0 - 2 Sweden... Elm picks up the ball and Ibrahimovich uses pace and takes it around Arawn Moridin before slotting home.

17th Minute: This is end to end stuff and San Marino are unlucky! Ashario picks up the ball and carries it forward, he picks out Park who tries to find an angle for a through ball, successfully putting Plob Dork through, but his shot is well saved yet again by Wiland. This keeper is on fire unfortunately! The corner comes to nothing.

23rd Minute: Faci takes a throw in close to Swedens area, Ashario smashes it across goal and Goldsmith connects with a beautifull shot! HE HITS THE POST! Fantastic strike on the volley, but that is just our luck so far...

24th Minute: Pressure is on and Sweden are struggling to cope... Goldsmith picks up a loose ball and brings it forward before passing inside to Gentile who goes for glory from 20 yard! Fantastic save...

25th Minute: Confusion for Sweden as the corner is put in to a dangerous area, but they manage to scramble it away, despite a decent shot from Plob Dork which is blocked.

26th Minute: Sweden are playing keep-ball after a few nervy minutes, but Goldsmith slides in and clears it out.

27th Minute: Sweden have the throw and take it quickly to Ibrahimovich who smashes it, curling it's way in! Arawn Moridin scrambles across the goal and its a finger tip saves! Gentile clears the stray ball!

28th Minute: Plob dork picks up the throw in and carries it forward, making space for the through ball again! Park is through on goal... INCHES WIDE! This is heart stopping stuff!

35th Minute: Game Over... San Marino 0 - 3 Sweden. Sweden get the ball into Ibrahimovich, Moridin saves well, but it's a scramble with the loose ball and Guisseppe Leoni puts it in his own net!

39th Minute: Ibrahimovich hits the crossbar from a well struck shot... San Marino players are looking dishartened right now.

Second Half

All the players are fire-up from the half-time teamtalk. Lets hope they respond on the pitch...

Substitutes...

Daniel Park Off - Scevola Zangari On

Edoardo Lorenzo Off - Stefano Duffinci On

Plob Dork Off - Lukio DiSalvo On

Formation Change: Tic-Tac Barca

We are going to try and control possession now and try to keep the score reasonable.

46th Minute: Ibrahimovic is through yet again and he's one on one with Moridin... Only one outcome... San Marino 0 - 4 Sweden

55th Minute: Ashario picks up the ball and passes across to Duffinci, who is unselfish and passes through to Zangari, but Zangari goes for a first time shot and misses by miles! He should have taken a few more touches if you ask me...

70th Minute: Larsson fouls Nick Adam in the penalty area after out pacing Larsson to the ball, but he gets away with it and slot it passed Moridin. Moridin is having a torrid time... San Marino 0 - 5 Sweden

71st Minute: San Marino get the ball forward quickly, with some good passing. Faci picks out Ashario who moves outward and swings in a top class cross! Duffinci hits it on the volley and hits the post!!! Story of the day...

76th Minute: GOALLLLLLLLLL!!!! Ashario moves into the area, passes back out to Faci, Faci picks out Finke who is running in, Finke back to Faci! Faci back to Finke! Finke passes across to Gentile who has a clear shot on goal! He SMASHES the ball into the bottom left hand corner, the keeper had no chance! YA JUST DONT SAVE THOSE! San Marino 1 - 5 Sweden A well deserved goal and a bit of luck for a change...

77th Minute: San Marino are revitalized!!! Faci smashes it goalwards after some great passing and it deflects to Ashario's feet... Ashario smashes it back at goal and hits the post!

Full Time... San Marino 1 - 5 Sweden

My Verdict - I believe we were very unlucky and the scoreline didn't reflect our hard work... We hit the post about 3 times and had several more chances, but luck was definately on Sweden's side as nearly every shot went in the back of the net. Arawn Moridin didn't have the best of games, but can't be fully to blame as our defence was really bad once again.

Match Stats

Star Players (San Marino) - Alessio Gentile, Walter Ashario & Simone Finke

San Marino Shots - 17

Sweden Shots - 15

Possession: 48%

Clear Cut Chances: 5

Half Chances: 6

Other Chances: 6

Dieu, I know your worried about Arawn Moridin not getting in the action yet, but don't worry he will be starting the next match. In the Peru game, I picked players based on a mixture of Fiorentino and Domagnano players. There wasn't anything else I could base my selection on really. In the Holland game, my selection was totally based on fitness and a lot of players were very low on fitness, including Arawn Moridin. I knew Holland would probably smash us, but I wanted the best chance and fitness was the way forward, which was proved for holding out for 70 minutes. If Matt Swain was low (he was 100%), then your player would have played (You was 83%).

At the moment, all my decisions will be based, firstly on formation; are we using an AMC or a DMC? Secondly on fitness, depending on the quality of the opponent and thirdly on who hasn't played as much; if a player hasn't played as much as his opposition (Arawn Vs Swain), then Arawn would normally get the call up.

In the big tournaments, I will be going off performances and fitness. If your player performed better than Matt Swain during qualification and friendlies, then he will be the priority to start, depending on fitness.

So as I say, don't worry, Arawn Moridin will get plenty of chances :)

No worries TM, I was just curious about what criteria you used when picking players. It really had nothing to do with Moridin. :)

Ok it had a little bit to do with him but it was mostly curiosity. :)

No worries TM, I was just curious about what criteria you used when picking players. It really had nothing to do with Moridin. :)

Ok it had a little bit to do with him but it was mostly curiosity. :rolleyes:

It's a big struggle right now against Sweden and Moridin is having a hard time from Ibrahimovich :(

Gentile was looking active in the first half and he grabbed the result of his work, even though I thought an assist was more likely than a goal :) Really unlucky to lose 5-1 considering we put some serious pressure on them. We are shpaing up to be a good team I'd say, bring on the future already :cool:

We got a real trashing there :(

And Moridin did not perform either. Will not defend a place in the team if he keeps performing like that. Cuirous as to what rating he got.

You got a 6.2 rating, but we've got to remember the age and Current Ability of our players isn't close to that of Sweden's.

In time we will get better :)

I would say that a rating of 6.2 is not bad at all considering we conceded 5 goals!

And as you said, our players are hardly developed at this time. We will improve a lot in the next few seasons me thinks.

San Marino Vs Poland - Friendly Match

Poland are currently ranked 67th in the world, so this is going to be a tough test, but I believe that despite our result against Sweden, we have taken big steps. I think we have a 30% chance of winning this match, but we shouldn't be dishartened if we lose.

Match Day Line Up

GK - Arawn Moridin

DR - Ben Goldsmith

DC - Luke Corcoran

DC - Giusseppe Leoni

DL - Giuseppe Faci

DMC - Simone Finke

MCR - Alessio Gentile

MCL - Animosama

AMR - Edoardo Lorenzo

AML - Walter Ashario

ST - Plob Dork

Captain: Walter Ashario

Playmaker: Alessio Gentile

First Half

12th Minute: Jelen picks up a loose ball as San Marino fail to clear their lines. He moves towards goal and smashes it low... Great save from Arawn Moridin!

20th Minute: San Marino get lucky as Blaszczykowski puts a very dangerous cross into the box, but Murawski couldn't get enough on the end of it.

26th Minute: San Marino work their way forward and Animosama puts in a pin point accuracy through ball for Plob Dork, he shoots and it's well saved. The pressure is still on as Goldmsith picks up the clearance, passes to Gentile who puts a nice ball across to box for Plob Dork, but another good save by the Poland Keeper.

30th Minute: A fantastic cross from the Poland player heads for Blaszczykowski who hits it first time, blocked by Faci, but it lands back to Blaszczykowski and he makes no mistake with the follow up. San Marino 0 - 1 Poland. San Marino have been very flat so far.

38th Minute: A good bit of movement from San Marink and Gentile gets off a curling shot from 20 yards. Good save from the Poland goalkeeper.

43th Minute: A massive let off as Jelen Pounces on a ball 2 yards away from goal, but Leoni threw himself infront of the ball as Jelen hits it. He could be the hero if San Marino pull off a result!

Second Half

Making a few changes as I wasn't impressed with what I saw in the first half. It's still only 1 - 0, but we need to start creating chances. I've changed the formation and made the substitutes to fit the formation. Luke Corcoran has had a shocking game, so he will be replaced.

Formation Change: 4-1-1-2-2

Substitutes...

Luke Corcoran off - Richard Marino On

Animosama Off - Daniel Park On

58th Minute: Finke makes a fantastic tackle to retrieve the ball. He passes straight to Edoardo Lorenzo, with plenty of space in front of him, it's a 4 v 4! Lorenzo moves forward and puts a long ball over the top for Ashario... Ashario smashes the ball across the box, but it is cut out by the Poland defender. It's out for a throw in... Faci takes the throw in straight to Plob Dork, Dork to Ashario, back out wide to Faci who has made a great run, Faci with the best cross of the game!!! LOOOORENZOOOOOO!!!! That was all about the cross, he put it on a plate for Lorenzo! San Marino 1 - 1 Poland!

61st Minute: A good ball over the top from Finke lands kindly for Lorenzo, but he is brought down instantly by a Poland player, who picks himself up a Yellow Card. Lorenzo puts the free kick into the box, but it is cleared back out to Lorenzo. A Poland player challenges Lorenzo for the ball and appears to foul him, but the referee waves play on... Lorenzo is down injured!

Substitute...

It appears that it is only a knock for Edoardo Lorenzo, but i'm not taking any chances and I've replaced him...

Edoardo Lorenzo Off - Stefano Duffinci On

70th Minute: Goldsmith with the throw in, Leoni picks up the ball, he passes over to Duffinci, Duffinci takes one touch and passes to Gentile, Gentile passes first time through the defence! Plob Dork is clear through!!! Plob Dork Rounds The Keeper! GOALLLLLLLLL!!! San Marino 2 - 1 Poland!!!

75th Minute: Plob Dork is put clear down the left hand side, he has miles of space to run into! He brings it to the edge of Polands box and smashes it across! Daniel Park scores!!! GOALLLLLLLL!!! San Marino 3 - 1 Poland. San Marino are running riot now! Fantastic cross by Plob Dork and Daniel Park only needed to get something on the ball to finish it!

82nd Minute: Some fantastic attacking movement from Plob Dork and Daniel Park as they one-two with each other and almost pick up the 4th goal! Unlucky that time!

84th Minute: Plob Dork finds himself with an opportunity, smashing the ball at goal, amazing finger tip save from the Poland keeper!

86th Minute: Gentile picks up a ball from Finke, passes out wide to Faci, great cross to the front post where Plob Dork is waiting. One Touch, One Shot, GOALLLLLLL!!! San Marino 4 - 1 Poland. This is a rout!!!

90th Minute: Ashario picks up a yellow card for a professional foul.

Full Time - San Marino 4 - 1 Poland!

Man Of The Match: Plob Dork

Goals & Assists...

Plob Dork: 2 Goals, 1 Assist

Edoardo Lorenzo: 1 Goal

Alessio Gentile: 1 Assist

Giuseppe Faci: 2 Assists

San Marino Shots: 7

Poland Shots: 14

Clear Cut Chances: 2

Half Chances: 3

Other Chances: 1

Posession: 45%

Match Ratings

First 11

Arawn Moridin: 7.3

Ben Goldsmith: 7.6

Luke Corcoran: 6.1

Giusseppe Leoni: 7.4

Giuseppe Faci: 8.6

Simone Finke: 7.3

Alessio Gentile: 8.1

Animosama: 6.8

Edoardo Lorenzo: 7.4

Walter Ashario: 7.1

Plob Dork: 9.4

Substitutes

Richard Marino: 7.4

Stefano Duffinci: 6.9

Daniel Park: 8.0

My Verdict

The first half was extremely flat and we didn't show signs of even putting up a fight. Apart from Leoni throwing himself infront of the ball, the rest of the players had nothing to be happy about. I fired them up at half time with an aggressive team talk. In the second half, we saw a totally different team! It could have been a number of things... The substitutes, the formation change or the team talk... We absolutely destroyed Poland in the second half and could have had more goals. Great victory and very satisfying.

Moldova Vs San Marino - European Championship Qualifier

After a massive victory in the Friendly against Poland, San Marino travel to Moldova in search of another victory! The chances of a victory have greatly increased due to the nature of the performance against Poland. Lets hope our players can pick up their first 3 points of the Qualifiers!

World Rank Announcement: San Marino have moved up 11 places after gaining 30 points from their victory over Poland! They are now Ranked 196th!

First Team Line-up

GK - Arawn Moridin

DR - Davatzis

DC - Richard Marino

DC - Giusseppe Leoni

DL - Giuseppe Faci

DM - Simone Finke

MC - Animosama

AMR - Stefano Duffinci

AML - Jake Stothard

STR - Daniel Park

STL - Plob Dork

Captain: Simone Finke

I've got with the formation from the second half of the Poland match.

First Half

1st Minute: Faci puts in a great tackle and puts a ball over the top, a Moldova defender gets his head to it, heading back towards goal, but it's a horror pass! Daniel Park is clear through with only the keeper to beat! He takes one touch and totally confuses the keeper. OPEN GOAL FOR PARK! GOALLLLLLL! Moldova 0 - 1 San Marino!

3rd Minute: Plob Dork finds himself with an opportunity after some good movement from San Marino, but it is saved by the Moldova keeper.

8th Minute: Another opportunity built up from the back, Stothard puts the final ball through, but Duffinci can only scuff it wide! Great chance goes begging...

18th Minute: Berco picks up the ball and takes a wild shot at goal, but Arawn Moridin is equal to it! The Corner comes to nothing.

26th Minute: More great attacking movement, pass after pass and Stothard finds himself infront of goal, but the shot is too weak. Save.

29th Minute: A shot out of nowhere from Galearscii, 30 yard out, hits the crossbar! That was very lucky!

33rd Minute: A massive mix up from a Stothard cross! GOALLLLL!!! Own Goal from Goncharov! Moldova 0 - 2 San Marino! Moldova have now got a mountain to climb!

45+2 Minutes: Stothard puts the ball into to area from the corner, landing it straight infront of Plob Dork! Dork goes for goal, but it's blocked well! Penalty!!! A Moldova player went in hard to stop Dork from shooting, taking out Dork and another of his own player! The Moldova player is down injured, but Plob Dork gets up.

45+4 Minutes: Zangari steps up to take the penalty! GOALLLLLL!!! Moldova 0 - 3 San Marino. Zangari with an amazing penalty that flies into the top right hand corner!

Second Half

51st Minute: Stothard puts the corner into the box! Finke tries to get on the end of it. A MOLDOVA PLAYER GOES SLIDING IN AN TAKES FINKE OUT BUT HITS THE BALL INTO THE NET!!! OWN GOALLLLLLL!!! Moldova 0 - 4 San Marino! Finke takes one for the team, but is still down injured! He looks like he'll be fine.

53rd Minute: Plob Dork puts Zangari through and it's 2 V 1 with Stothard running up the right! Zangari goes for goal... High and Wide! What a waste!

59th Minute: Duffinci switches to the right for Stothard! Stothard only needs to pass across the box, but decides to go for goal! Identical to the last chance, High and Wide! It appears Stothard might have a problem with Zangari!

Substitute...

Simone Finke Off - Geraint Alacarde On

Jake Stothard Off - Walter Ashario On

Geraint Alacarde is set to make his debue! The DMC position has been moved to AMC.

60th Minute: Animosama tackles well and moves the ball to Plob Dork. Dork takes on the Moldova defence and goes for goal, good save from Soimu.

61st Minute: Almost identical to the previous chance, Animosama puts Plob Dork through, but the shot is well saved.

62nd Minute: Huge mistake from Soimu as his pass to the left back is disgracefull and Duffinci tackles, gets back up and smacks the ball into the box! GOALLLLL! Geraint Alacarde puts the ball in the net! Great way to introduce himself! Moldova 0 - 5 San Marino!

64th Minute: Ashario steps up to take the corner kick! Straight to the front post and meets Zangari! GOALLLL!!! Moldova 0 - 6 San Marino! Great goal and San Marino are scoring for fun!

70th Minute: Moldova 1 - 6 San Marino. Stinga never meant it, but his cross went over everyone's head and landed in the left hand corner! Freak goal! Moridin will have some questions to answer on that 1! Probably a lack of concentration, due to the lack of chances for Moldova.

73rd Minute: Constant pressure from San Marino, Alacarde puts Ashario clear through, Ashario curls the ball towards goal and hits the post! It wouldn't have counted, the flag is up for offside!

87th Minute: Ashario puts a dangerous ball in, Plob Dork tries to get to it, but takes out a Moldova player in the process. Yellow Card.

Full Time! Moldova 1 - 6 San Marino!

Man Of The Match: Scevola Zangari (sub)

Possession: 42%

Clear Cut Chances: 9

Half Chances: 5

Other Chances: 2

Key Players: Richard Marino, Giuseppe Faci, Stefano Duffinci & Scevola Zangari

Goals & Assists

Stefano Duffinci - 1 Assist

Daniel Park - 1 Goal

Plob Dork - 2 Assists

Geraint Alacarde - 1 Goal

Scevola Zangari - 2 Goals

You forgot to list Daniel Park for a goal in the Poland game :D

By the way, it looks like you subbed out Park out for Zangari in the first half but I didn't see a mention of it, Park didn't pick up an injury did he? Great game to win 6-1 for San Marino though!

You forgot to list Daniel Park for a goal in the Poland game :D

By the way, it looks like you subbed out Park out for Zangari in the first half but I didn't see a mention of it, Park didn't pick up an injury did he? Great game to win 6-1 for San Marino though!

Yeah, Park got injured which is why he went off. My web browser shut down during typing up the game, so a few bits might be missing and that's probably one of them.

Fiorentino Vs Domagnano - Campionato Sammarinese

The first ever competitive match between these two fierce rivals. Who will come out on top?

Domagnano Injuries - Daniel Park

Fiorentino - El Toono

First Half

10th Minute: Jake Stothard goes down injured... There are no initial reports on what the injury could be.

Substitute...

Jake Stothard Off - Lorenzo Moretti On

42nd Minute: Zangari takes the ball up the left hand side and puts a decent cross on, met by Duffinci who goes for the volley, but it sales way wide of the goal...

44th Minute: Genghini is given a RED CARD! He slid in from behind on Duffinci, slicing him to the floor! The referee had no choice. Fiorentino are down to 10 men!

Substitute: Lukio Disalvo Off - Simone Farabegoli On

Second Half

55th Minute: Davatzis goes down injured... There are no reports on the problem currently.

Substitute: Davatzis Off - Massimo Feletti On

60th Minute: Simone Farabegoli is given a Yellow Card for fouling Duffinci.

64th Minute: Richard Marino fouls Lorenzo in his own area! PENALTY! Marino went in with two feet and fouled Lorenzo. Fiorentino have been thrown a lifeline!

65th Minute: Nick Adam steps up to take the penalty... It's cooly finished by Adam! GOALLLLLLL!!! Fiorentino 1 - 0 Domagnano!

71st Minute: Geraint Alacarde whips in the corner... Richard Marino picks it up at the front post... GOALLLLLLL!!! Fiorentino 1 - 1 Domagnano! Marino makes up for his mistake at the other end of the pitch!

86th Minute: Some great passing from Fiorentino and Lorenzo gets a shot off on goal, but Matt Swain pounces on it to make the save.

90+2 Minutes: WALTER ASHARIO SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE LAST KICK OF THE BALL SURELY??? Wait... The flag is raised! The linesman has given offside! Domagnano are very lucky here!

Full Time: Fiorentino 1 - 1 Domagnano

Man Of The Match: Ben Goldsmith

Fiorentino Possession: 58%

Domagnano Possession: 42%

Fiorentino Shots: 9

Domagnano Shots: 8

Fiorentino Key Players: Ben Goldsmith, Nick Adam, Alessio Gentile & Walter Ashario

Domagnano Key Players: Giusseppe Leoni, Richard Marino, Giuseppe Faci & Stefano Duffinci

How did i get a 5.8 against Peru, guess after those last two results i need to work hard for my place back, but if the nation is doing well, im happy to bide time, just will strive to help Damagnano progress, great results lads

Not too sure, I felt Matt played well, but the game thought otherwise...

Any update on what kind of injury Park picked up?

A tie game for the rivals eh, unfortunate Domagnano couldn't take advantage of the red card. The possession numbers are a bit worrisome.

Daniel Park picked up a Strained Kneck during the match. He was given 2 weeks to recover and has since recovered and played a game or two.

Sometimes a red card can make a team work harder to get a result. The possession is about normal as Fiorentino play possession football, which is why Domagnano struggled for chances.

The Campionato Sammarinese update is coming shortly :)

Domestic Football Update

The domestic update includes all information about the Campionato Sammarinese and the Taca Titano...

Campionato Sammarinese League Tables

Campionato Sammarinese Stats

Taca Titano Groups

Taca Titano Stats

Domagnano FC

Domagnano have been playing free-flowing football of late and are focussed on scoring as many goals as possible! Here are the results so far this season...

Campionato Sammarinese Results...

(A) San Giovanni 4 - 0 (Duffinci x2, Animosama, Own Goal)

(H) Tre Penne 10 - 0 (Marino x2, Park x4, Zangari, Stothard, Leoni, Duffinci)

(A) Fiorentino 1 - 1 (Marino)

Taca Titano Results...

(A) Tre Fiori 6 - 0 (Animosama, Duffinci, Zangari, Stothard, Park, Marino)

(H) San Giovanni 10 - 0 (Duffinci, Stothard x2, Park x5, Zangari, Own Goal)

Player Awards...

Goal Of The Month Award - Daniel Park

[video=youtube;IlV11UAoMko]

Fiorentino FC

Fiorentino are a passing team who play patient football and wait for the opposition to make a mistake. This has been very successfull so far. Here are the results so far this season...

Campionato Sammarinese Results...

(A) Tre Penne 2 - 0 (Dork, DiSalvo)

(H) Domagnano 1 - 1 (Adam)

(A) Cosmos 2 - 0 (Ashario, Dork)

Taca Titano Results...

(A) Folgore 8 - 0 (Adam, Dork x2, Lorenzo x4, Ashario)

(H) Murata 7 - 0 (Dork x4, Corcoran, Ashario, Lorenzo)

(A) Cosmos 5 - 0 (DiSalvo x2, Dork x3)

Thailand Vs San Marino - Friendly Match

Thailand are Ranked 131st in the World and will have to be on top of their game to stop San Marino! In the past two matches, San Marino have scored 10 goals and conceded 2!

Match Line-Up

Formation 4 - 1 - 3 - 2

GK - Matt Swain

DR - Ben Goldsmith

DC - Nick Adam

DC - Richard Marino

DL - Giuseppe Faci

DMC - Simone Finke

AMR - Stefano Duffinci

AMC - Geraint Alacarde

AML - Walter Ashario

STR - Daniel Park

STL - Plob Dork

First Half...

25th Minute: Ashario moves the ball forward from his own half, passes to Park who with one touch passes to ball to Dork, with Dork using one touch to pass to Alacarde... Alacarde is clean through! GOALLLLLL!!! San Marino 1 - 0 Thailand. Geraint Alacarde hit the ball first time and smashed it into the bottom right hand corner, hitting the post and in! The keeper had no chance! Thats 2 goals in 2 games for Alacarde and he's making a real name for himself.

29th Minute: San Marino work the ball forward to Park, Park moves it into the box and smashes the ball with immense power, only for the Thailand goalkeeper to get a fingertip save!

37th Minute: Finke with the long ball to Alacarde, Alacarde puts a perfect through ball for Dork who hits it first time and scores!!! Unfortunately it wont count, the flag is up for offside...

Second Half...

The first half was a bit flat, so i've decided to shake things up a bit. We haven't had any real threat from Thailand, so i've decided to go with a 3 man defence...

Formation Change: 3-1-1-3-2

Substitute: Nick Adam Off - Alessio Gentile On

48th Minute: GOALLLLLL!!! That goal was a total freak of nature!!! San Marino 2 - 0 Thailand! Gentile picks up the lose ball close to Thailand's area, passes out wide to Goldsmith... Goldsmith smashes it from far out, deflecting off a Thailand defender and then the goalkeeper puts it in his own net! That was from all of 40 yards!!!

Formation Change: 3-2-3-2

Substitutes...

Simone Finke Off - Animosama On

Daniel Park Off - Scevola Zangari On

Ben Goldsmith Off - Davatzis On

78th Minute: Ashario floats in a corner to the front post... ZANGARIIIIIIIII!!! San Marino 3 - 0 Thailand Zangari smashes it low into the bottom corner, the keeper was nowhere to be seen!

83rd Minute: Penalty!!! Parnmee takes down Alacarde in the box...

84th Minute: Alacarde steps up to take the penalty... Unstoppable!!! San Morino 4 - 0 Thailand. Alacarde hit it low into the bottom left hand corner with power!

Full Time - San Marino 4 - 0 Thailand

Man Of The Match: Geraint Alacarde

Key Players: Richard Marino, Geraint Alacarde, Walter Ashario & Plob Dork

Match Stats...

San Marino Shots: 15

Thailand Shots: 4

San Marino Possession: 48%

Thailand Possession: 52%

Archived