[iOS & Android] FMH Save Editor by FMHVibe

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't load my save game in FMH Save Editor...

When I put my game on my computer, it's a .asg file, is this correct?

If I start the editor, it doesn't recognize the file?

Am I doing something wrong?

Grtz,

Kenneth

• SI Staff
I can't load my save game in FMH Save Editor...

When I put my game on my computer, it's a .asg file, is this correct?

If I start the editor, it doesn't recognize the file?

Am I doing something wrong?

Grtz,

Kenneth

.asg is quite correct for an Android save game file - I believe that chaps have edited the editor so that it should detect and work with that file extension, if it doesn't try renaming it to fm_save1.dat then seeing if it'll load into the editor BUT rename it back to the original file name before you put it back on the device (or the game won't be able to locate it).

PS - This editor is NOT an SI product and obviously it may well mess up your save, use it at your own risk .... I'd recommend heavily backing up any save games before editing them just in case they get messed up.

Thanks for the info Marc.

I tried the things you said, but when I want to put the file back on my device, I get an error saying that my device doesn't support the file type...

Anybody got this working with android?

What app do you use to transfer you save game?

p.s. I'm using a Galaxy S2

Grtz,

Kenneth

• SI Staff

Personally when I transfer data on and off my S2 I normally use one of the Wireless transfer apps which are kicking around the store (Wireless Explorer Pro or something like that I think its called) ....

• SI Staff
Downloaded "Wifi File Explorer".

The app gives me a URL, but when I put the URL in my browser, it doesn't connect...

"Page not found"...

Is your device online using wireless? - also make sure you use the :8000 or whatever at the end of the URL, its important ..

Another bug.

I edited 2 players - moved 2 players from Rangers!

I started a new game as Hearts and noticed a bug......

I was 50-1 odds against Hibs! (I noticed they were favourites and was shocked!)

They Wer 33-1 to win. Editing data must affect the reputation of your club as this happens in the next few games too against other clubs.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe i'm just being an idiot here, but can someone please tell me how to open my edited game on my iPad... I edited my save, saved it as a .dat file, added it to the app in itunes and synced my iPad. But when i start FM on my iPad the file isn't in the list of files that i can load. Again, i'm probably being an idiot, but would be grateful for some help with this.

I overwrote my savegame, but i think I added .dat at the end. Later I tried again and called the file 'ajax save'.

I wasn't aware that I needed to use a specific name for the file. Could you tell me what the expected file names are so I can try again?

I used to do that with files, I put .dat or .tga .jpg etc but it would already add it so I would have two .jpg, just change it back to save1 (I think its called) or whatever th save was before, it should automatically add the .dat and It should work. :)

• SI Staff
I overwrote my savegame, but i think I added .dat at the end. Later I tried again and called the file 'ajax save'.

I wasn't aware that I needed to use a specific name for the file. Could you tell me what the expected file names are so I can try again?

This thread will show you the correct file names to use...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/254587-iFMH-Android-How-to-extract-and-send-us-your-save-game-file

I've got FMH 2012 on both my iPod and my Android phone, so far this editor has been fairly good. Just wish it had more features like database editing such as creating/changing leagues or league names, creating/changing clubs, as well as adding new players. As Marc has said in the past, it's unlikely there will ever be a simple in-game editor on iOS or even the Android version and since some people may want to manage in leagues that aren't currently available or just want to create their own club on FMH it would be a great idea to have a data editor for FMH 2012. Or just incorporate these features in the current save editor.

It would be great to have something like the FM editor that comes with the PC version of FM. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • SI Staff
does the save game editor work for android?

im wondering because it gives me the option to look for android files but i have put the files on the pc hardrive but the editor wont find them :(

any help

thanks

In theory I believe yes it will - however its not created or supported by SI so you'd be better off asking that sort of query on the FMHVibe forums where someone involved in its development can answer you ...

• 3 weeks later...

hi there, i have downloaded the save editor and extracted on my pc. however, when i try to open my .asg file from my android tab, a message appear saying that the save editor stop working.

then, i save of .asg file on my pc and open from there.

but i cant edit the club i manage from the save file.

next, how do i save my .asg file after edit because it only allow to select .dat under save type.

any idea and help, please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived