really annoyed......

Probably because you build your tactics to attack rather than defend & counter.

No, complete guessing on your part. I usually play 4-4-2 with standard mentality and often set it to counter when I'm in the lead. Sometimes I play a 4-5-1 with nothing really changing.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, complete guessing on your part. I usually play 4-4-2 with standard mentality and often set it to counter when I'm in the lead. Sometimes I play a 4-5-1 with nothing really changing.

There is more to setting up a specific counter attacking tactic than picking a fairly standard formation and using a "Counter" team mentality.

Hang on, you've already made it clear you havent really watched them, yet your telling me im not watching the games properly? Have a day off.

Having class and dominating a game are two completely different things altogether, and do not need to be tied into each other.

Do you actually watch football?

Do you? I don't care how many times Man U lost to Fulham, or if they lost 50:0, Man U would always have more of the ball. That's all I was trying to say

So you dont watch football then, if you did, you would know what your saying is complete rubbish, and more importantly you would know that having more of the ball doesnt mean you have dominated the game, or have been the better team. Infact without goals it means nothing.

The crap teams beat the good teams through sporadic moments of good play. But the much better team always has more of the ball in the majority of the match

The crap teams beat the good teams through sporadic moments of good play. But the much better team always has more of the ball in the majority of the match

No they do not!! Where do you get this rubbish from? Go away and watch some football first, then come back to the debate.

This is turning into one of the funniest threads I have read in along time. Feed the troll, he certainly seems to be winding up enough people.

I am sure he is doing this deliberately as no one not even himself can believe what he is saying lol.

Ackter and milnerpoint I think you are both doing a grand job in the face of adversity, you have my support :)

Why you posting results? Swansea 3 Arsenal 2? Good performance by Swansea but if the watched the full 90 minutes Arsenal would of had more of the ball

Clearly reading is also something you need to do before coming back to this debate, look at the stats in each of those games and you will see your wrong.

Why you posting results? Swansea 3 Arsenal 2? Good performance by Swansea but if the watched the full 90 minutes Arsenal would of had more of the ball

They shared exactly 50% possession of the ball during that match.

On the reverse side, Man City are the experts at absolutely dominating then messing up. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it's all over the place with them. They've had near 60% possession against some teams and still got done over.

They shared exactly 50% possession of the ball during that match.

Does that count for the majority of the match though? Fifa 2012 for example, in one of my games I had 60% possession and then it went roughly even by the end of the match and that's how the match stats showed at the end of the game, a roughly even ball possession.

Ahah, that's fantastic.

That accounts for the entire match. For every section where Arsenal have 60% possession, Swansea must have had the equivalent of an equal spell at 60% possession in order for it to end up at 50%.

Ahah, that's fantastic.

That accounts for the entire match. For every section where Arsenal have 60% possession, Swansea must have had the equivalent of an equal spell at 60% possession in order for it to end up at 50%.

Are you sure those stats are not just based on how the game ended? Absolutely sure about that?

Are you sure those stats are not just based on how the game ended?

What are you talking about? How the game ended? :D

You think possession stats are only for a few minutes of games, and that the BBC just pick them randomly for their match reports?

What are you talking about? How the game ended? :D

You think possession stats are only for a few minutes of games, and that the BBC just pick them randomly for their match reports?

What I mean is, for example, Arsenal dominating for long periods of the match, and then the other team having a spell of ball possession near the end to even things out.

I'm not the only one who senses an alias then.

Well you only got to check his profile and style and it appears he has been here before in another guise!!!

I bet he is also 22 years old - I have detected a pattern :)

What I mean is, for example, Arsenal dominating for long periods of the match, and then the other team having a spell of ball possession near the end to even things out.

if the game ends with 50-50 possession, each team spent the same time over the 90+mins with the ball as without it.

I must say this thread has brightened my day somewhat.

So you're saying that one team will dominate for one period of the match & then for another period of the match the other team will dominate which gives a 50:50 possession ratio but the team that dominated the early stages were the more dominate team over the course of the whole match.

My earlier statement about you being short of the full picnic was quite clearly wrong, you're actually missing the full picnic & have no idea where the outdoor feast is taking place.

So you're saying that one team will dominate for one period of the match & then for another period of the match the other team will dominate which gives a 50:50 possession ratio but the team that dominated the early stages were the more dominate team over the course of the whole match.

My earlier statement about you being short of the full picnic was quite clearly wrong, you're actually missing the full picnic & have no idea where the outdoor feast is taking place.

Precisely. Teams can sit back for periods of the match.

Your completely mental :)

Dude, listen to what I'm saying, you can't throw fulltime ball possession at me in a bid to prove me wrong. Watch the full 90 minutes. Watch that Arsenal game. The reason I'm questioning the possession on the site is because that may not be a true reflection of the entire match, hence why I didn't post links to full time stats.

Also, the Champions league is a little bit different

For example, a team can dominate for the majority of the match and then change their mentality allowing the other team to catch up on the possession stats

Sigh, are we really going to have to spoon feed you on this.

Arsenal cannot have had more possession, the stats were 50/50 for the entire game, come on mate this isnt hard to grasp, it really isnt. Arsenal did NOT have more of the ball in that game, even if it goes against what you claim, they still didnt have the ball for more than half the game.

Your right champions league follows different possession rules clearly Man U had the ball more than Ajax, just the stats tell us the exact opposite.

Sigh, are we really going to have to spoon feed you on this.

Arsenal cannot have had more possession, the stats were 50/50 for the entire game, come on mate this isnt hard to grasp, it really isnt. Arsenal did NOT have more of the ball in that game, even if it goes against what you claim, they still didnt have the ball for more than half the game.

Your right champions league follows different possession rules clearly Man U had the ball more than Ajax, just the stats tell us the exact opposite.

I never said that Arsenal had 60% posession here. I'm just saying that the much better team always has more of the ball the majority of the time. I don't care if the crap team is able to squeeze some posession back 70 minutes into the game

I never said that Arsenal had 60% posession here. I'm just saying that the much better team always has more of the ball the majority of the time. I don't care if the crap team is able to squeeze some posession back 70 minutes into the game

But that is impossible if the possession stats say 50-50. You are clearly at the wind up here.

Excuse me but if I'm not mistaken here, a team can edge possession and then the other team can bring it back, provided there is enough time?

If possession was 50/50 then both teams would have had an equal amount of time spent on the ball during the 90 minutes. Regardless of how it was done whether it be at the start, middle or end each team would have had the same.

Anyways you're becoming tiresome and you're only here for the wind up. No doubt this thread will be closed soon now as its morealess run it's course.

No because both teams would have had equal amount of time on the ball.

Ok, get it, I understand what you all mean, but you're acting as if ball possession can't fluctate during the match, Example, a team can't allow the other team to have more time on the ball after having the edge for long periods of the match

Archived