really annoyed......

Ok, so a team dominates possession for the majority of a match. I'm using 60% possession and 70 minutes here (both figures you've mentioned already iirc).

So Arsenal have 60% possession for 70 minutes. That leaves Swansea needing around 80%+ possession for the final 20 minutes in order for the full time stats to end at 50/50.

Though that does raise the question, why exactly did Arsenal allow Swansea 20 minutes of possession when they were losing?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and to clarify further, here's the scoring times for the match:

05:00 - Arsenal

16:00 - Swansea

57:00 - Swansea

69:00 - Arsenal

70:00 - Swansea

At which point in that match do you reckon Arsenal decided they'd done enough and it was time to let Swansea have the ball?

Not to make it even more obvious, but Swansea completed almost 100 passes more than Arsenal during that game. Arsenal had something like 60-70% possession in the last 10 minutes too, otherwise the possession would've been more in Swansea's favour than level. Nice of Swansea to let the inferior team level out the statistics at the end of the match.

It's actually quite a good match for FM comparisons, as Swansea only managed 4 shots in the whole match while Arsenal had 18. Just shows the massive difference between attacking tactics where your team rushes your shots and fails to score effectively, while the other waits for an opening and strikes when they find one.

You weren't really expecting a more detailed answer than you've already had, were you? :D

The reason I'm still here is because you're saying a team could not have edged it with a full time possession of 50/50

A team can edge the game and the other team can bring it back say 10 minutes from time

This isn't what happened. To quote yourself "watch the match".

Ok, either start making your points properly (ie actually discuss the issue and back up your points and claims, not give vague non-answers) or please just stop posting about it.

I've been quite patient up 'til now to allow you the chance to explain yourself and your points properly, but as you keep refusing to do so I can only take it as trolling.

This isn't what happened. To quote yourself "watch the match".

Ok, either start making your points properly (ie actually discuss the issue and back up your points and claims, not give vague non-answers) or please just stop posting about it.

I've been quite patient up 'til now to allow you the chance to explain yourself and your points properly, but as you keep refusing to do so I can only take it as trolling.

Dude you were all acting as if a team can't have the edge with a 50/50 fulltime possession, and all I was saying is that the end possession doesn't always reflect the full match. You are the trolls. Fine you knew what I meant

I've watched plenty of football over the years

I've seen plenty of games where teams edge on posession for most of the match and then other team pulls that back, has more of the ball, late on into the game to bring that back by the end of the game

The point is, the much better teams will always see more of the ball

Archived