The Colour of DLR

125px-Flag_of_Serbia.svg.png

Serbia - Initial report

Another young nation, Serbia have certainly made a bit of a splash at an international level. They currently hold on to a strong 29th position and look like they will at the very least be able to maintain that kind of position in the future with many of their best players holding regular first team spots in the more major European leagues.

Domestically, things don’t look as great for Serbia, but they don’t look terrible either. The 2 Belgrade clubs, Partizan and Red Star, are the highest rep teams and also the richest. Since it’s iception, the league has been very completely dominated by these two teams and it will be interesting to see if any other clubs emerge as strong in the future.

Top Serbian players by CA

Top Serbian players by PA

Player spotlight: Slobodan Rajkovic, Hamburger SV

Slobodan%20Rajkovic%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

Rajkovic plies his trade in Germany after being bought for £1.7m from Chelsea. The Belgrade-born strong centre back looks has quite a few areas of his game he needs to improve for him to be considered a quality player, but the potential is there for him to reach it.

125px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png

Slovakia - Initial report

Like so many of the young central European nations, Slovakia have earned a place of mild respect. Not necessarily as strong as some of it’s neighbours, the Slovaks are still a very capable nation and have been improving steadily. Even so, they don’t have too many “big names” among their roster.

Not possessing of a particularly strong domestic league, with Slovan Bratislava being the standout club, there isn’t a huge amount of money in Slovak football. The league has been pretty well distributed since it came into being, but it wouldn’t take much success on a continental stage to push one club into a position of dominance.

Top Slovakian players by CA

Top Slovakian players by PA

Player spotlight: Juraj Kucka, Genoa (Co-owned by Inter)

Juraj%20Kucka%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

At 24, it seems unlikely that Kucka will be able to reach his full PA, but the co-ownership with Inter means you can’t necessarily rule it out. It certainly wouldn’t be unthinkable to see a youngster come through and surpass him long before he gets close to calling time on his career.

125px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png

Slovenia - Initial report

Slovenia is probably the nation I know least about in this experiment. I know they are a former Yugoslav nation andlike so many of their neighbours have developed into a solid football nation, but if I weren’t looking it up I’m not sure I could have named even a single team from the country.

Despite my lack of knowledge, their clubs aren’t rated terribly. Domzale, Maribor, and Olimpija sit highest on reputation, although only the two latter have a financial lead. The league appears to have been mostly dominated by Maribor, but it’s certainly not been to the extent that they couldn’t drop away after a bad season or two.

Top Slovenian players by CA

Top Slovenian players by PA

Player spotlight: Haris Vuckic, Newcastle

Haris%20Vuckic%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

Potentially the next Srecko Katanec (I hope I’m not the only one who had to look him up) this Newcastle youngster certainly has the potential to play at a Premiership level, but as with so many youngstes at the start of the game it is unclear whether he’ll actually be able to reach this height. Currently only capped at U21 level, he’s also eligible to play for Bosnia & Herz., if he were to so choose.

Love the Experiment! But I have to disagree with you on one call:

Portugal are probably second only to England in the “promised much, delivered little” stakes. Long considered right on the verge of being one of the best nations in the world, Portugal have time and again failed to deliver more than a solid showing in international competition.

I think Holland would be even worse in this regard, perhaps even topping England in many ways.

125px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png

Spain - Initial report

Spain can be incredibly proud of their position in the world. Current World Cup and European Championship holders, The two highest reputation teams in the world and a league that ranks second only to the English Premiership. Yet it is a position they’ve taken an incredibly long time to build to - despite promising it for many years, Euro 2008 was their first piece of international silverware since the 60’s. It’s now very much on other nations to topple Spain, but there are many well placed to take advantage if the Spanish were to make a mistake.

Much like Italy, I could probably list every team in the La Liga as significant without too much complaint, but in truth Real Madrid and Barcelona are so very far ahead in every respect that it would seem unfair to them to list any other teams as even a near equal. There have been occasions when one of them didn’t win the league, but it is uncommon enough that it is a big deal when it happens.

Top Spanish players by CA

Top Spanish players by PA

Player spotlight: Sergio Busquets, Barcelona

Sergio%20Busquets%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

Spotlighting a Spanish player had much the same problem as doing an English one, but Busquets caught my eye based on his age. At just 22 he has already established himself as a first choice player for both club and country, despite strong competition at both levels, and plays with a maturity not often sen at his age. Already valued over £20m it is hard to imagine him not sticking at Barcelona for his entire career, most of which still lies ahead of him.

I think Holland would be even worse in this regard, perhaps even topping England in many ways.

Holland definitely have a similar problem, but the Dutch haven't stumbled as much as either Portugal or England. They may not have set the world alight, but I can't remember the last time they fell really flat either. It's entirely possible that my opinion comes from the geography of things, though, as you have to look pretty hard to find discussion of anything that isn't "home nation" related in this country.

125px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png

Sweden - Initial report

Sweden are the last of our Scandinavian countries and are also probably the most successful, although not so much in recent years. Despite being ranked as high as 18th, they only really have a single star player and it’s difficult to see where his replacement might come from in a few years once he starts to decline.

When you looks at reputations there are quite a number of teams pretty even at the top, but probably the most recognisable names are AIK and Malmo FF. Malmo have also managed to get themselves into a position of significant financial superiority. The league has actually been incredibly well balanced over the years, but that financial void is pretty huge and I should think it will start taking it’s toll soon enough.

In spite of their financial position, Malmo are actually quite a way off the pace after 11 games, but there’s still plenty of time for things to change.

Top Swedish players by CA

Top Swedish players by PA

Player spotlight: Albin Ekdal, Caglairi (Co-owned by Juventus)

Albin%20Ekdal%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

While there doesn’t look to be a new Ibrahimovic on the way, 21 year old Ekdal certainly looks to have some good promise. His current club of Cagliari isn’t necessarily the best place for him to develop, so he’ll be looking to impress enough for Juventus to buy out the remaining half of his contract.

125px-Flag_of_Switzerland_%28Pantone%29.svg.png

Switzerland - Initial report

Switzerland are a fairly decent national side and are rarely given worse than an outside chance of qualifying for international tournaments. This leaves them with the fairly respectable rank of 30th and, with their upcoming youngsters looking to be of a similar quality to what they currently have, I should expect them to continue to hover around about that level.

The Swiss league isn’t particularly highly ranked, but they have a handful of clubs of note. Basel would be the best known (and richest) of them, but FC Zurich, Young Boys and Sion are all also worth a mention. Basel definitely have the best league form, but there are plenty of other names that appear regularly on the winners list so it wouldn’t be surprising for them to not win the league.

Top Swiss players by CA

Top Swiss players by PA

Player spotlight: Gokhan Inler, Napoli

G%C3%B6khan%20Inler%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

Inler is one of quite a few Swiss/Turkish players and is currently the highest rated Swiss player. Napoli clearly agree, having just splashed out more than £11m on him. He wore the captain’s armband for the national side in Spain’s only defeat of the 2010 World Cup.

Footnote - Liechtenstein

Liechtenstein-Flag-transparent.gif

Because Liechtenstein doesn’t have a league structure of it’s own, it’s clubs play in the Swiss structure. For this reason it will be interesting to also follow their progress and see how closely it is tied to that of the Swiss. Their top club currently are Vaduz.

Top Liechtensteiner players

125px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png

Turkey - Initial report

Turkey are often thought to be a much stronger nation than they actually are. Missing out on major international competition more often than they qualify, they’ve still managed to earn a very respectable 24th. That said, they have quite a lot of talent, and I can’t help but think it’s only a mateer of time before they become regular qualifiers.

Fenerbahçe lead the way in terms of reputation, but Besiktas and Galatasaray are hot on their heels. The finances make a nice curve, allowing for a fair amount of balance within the league - while it has mostly been won by the top 3, the runner-up places have regularly gone to any number of other teams.

Top Turkish players by CA

Top Turkish players by PA

Player spotlight: Nuri Sahin, Real Madrid

Nuri%20Sahin%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

Not necessarily the highest potential of the Turkish, Sahin still has a good potential - enough to have parted Real with £8.5m at least. There will certainly be hopes amongst the Turkish fans tht he will be able to reach his potential, and also that many more like him are produced.

125px-Flag_of_Ukraine.svg.png

Ukraine - Initial report

Ukraine are a nation with quite a lot of promise, but as yet they’ve not really achieved anything of significance. The same can be said for their clubs playing in Europe, although to date they only have a single Europa League win.

Shaktar have a huge financial lead, and a similar reputation one. Metalist and Dynamo Kyiv are also fairly well known names within Europe. Shaktar may have the finances, but historically it has been Dynamo who have actually been the most successful at home.

Top Ukrainian players by CA

Top Ukrainian players by PA

Player spotlight: Dmytro Chygrynskyi, Shaktar Donetsk

Dmytro%20Chygrynskyi%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

Chygrynskyi was purchased by Barcelona for £22.5m a couple of years back, but returned to Shaktar just one season later for just over £13m. What this says for his abilities is unknown, but he is certainly one of the brightest players that Ukraine have at the moment. With Shevchenko most definitely past his prime, Ukrainian football is badly lacking any kind of star player. I doubt Chygrynskyi can fill that hole, but as things stand he is best equipped to do so.

125px-Flag_of_Wales_2.svg.png

Wales - Initial report

The final nation of our experiment, Wales look to have an extremely bright future. As we’ve seen with the other home nations, Wales get their talent primarily from the English structure. While their domestic clubs may rank among the lowest in Europe, their English connection has actually produced a couple of youngsters who look like they’ll become world class players.

The best known club in Wales would be TNS, although there really isn’t much of any money for the privilege. They’ve probably been the most consistent performer in the league, at least.

Top Welsh players by CA

Top Welsh players by PA

Player spotlight: Jack Collison, West Ham

Jack%20Collison%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

Most people should know the names of Bale and Ramsey, but Collison also has the potential to play at a high Premiership standard. West Ham are well-known for being a club that produces quality youngsters and it seems likely that Collison will be another that the Hammers can boast. Whether he’ll stay at West Ham, however, is most definitely up in the air - if they don’t make it back to the Premiership then he’ll surely have the bigger clubs sniffing around him.

And Finally - Infoburst

Finally, before I start holidaying, I present the following screenshots without comment:

UEFA Coefficients - Nation | Qualification Places

UEFA Coefficients - Club

European competition rankings | World competition rankings

FIFA World Rankings

Future Transfers

Worldwide Club reputation ranking

World's richest clubs

World's best players (CA)

World's best players (PA)

As is normal in this game, there were clubs that needed some players to be generated in order to fill out their roster. Here is the regen created by that with the highest PA:

Willi%20Wolff%20%28Overview_%20Attributes%29.png

If there's any other piece of information people would like to know, please don't hesitate to ask and I will try to include it in the next update.

I would like to know where the best regens come from ?

Difficult to know before I've done any holidaying :p

but my intention is to do a roundup of regens once a year which, after a few years, should give us some ideas as to the answer.

September 2011

Not a huge amount has happened in these 3 months, as you might expect, so this update will just be an infodump of league tables (where leagues have already started) and transfer updates. Those with no league table link are the leagues which are yet to kick off.

Obviously, the main newsworthy point are the cash-splashing of Arsenal and Man City, with both Maicon and Ganso making their way to The Citizens

Although it is still the initial stage there are 3. things which have surprised me a little:

1. The lack of transfer activity in Russia, thought there would be a lot more going on there, maybe not so because it is mid-season?

2. The big three in Turkey not making any major signings, only Galatasaray spent a little, but it was on players from South Africa and Australia, hardly very promising.

3. Similar to Turkey, Dinamo Kyiv and Shakhtar Donetsk have not made any major signings. In this case you see it is not making much of a difference though, with the big two at the top.

Excellent read so far, am looking forward to seeing if there will be a change of transfer pattern over the seasons. KUTGW :thup:

Although it is still the initial stage there are 3. things which have surprised me a little:

1. The lack of transfer activity in Russia, thought there would be a lot more going on there, maybe not so because it is mid-season?

2. The big three in Turkey not making any major signings, only Galatasaray spent a little, but it was on players from South Africa and Australia, hardly very promising.

3. Similar to Turkey, Dinamo Kyiv and Shakhtar Donetsk have not made any major signings. In this case you see it is not making much of a difference though, with the big two at the top.

Excellent read so far, am looking forward to seeing if there will be a change of transfer pattern over the seasons. KUTGW :thup:

I suspect the lack of activity so far has been due to it being the first transfer window of the game (many teams already with reduced budgets) and things will certainly look a lot different after the Feb 1st update.

Maybe you should also mention what's happening to the spotlight players? (like torosidis has been taken by arsenal)

How did you get the wonderkids list? Marc-Andre ter stegen? :p :P

I'm currently thinking of updating on Player spotlights in the September updates (skipping this one due to the short time that's passed).

My current intention for my updates, aside from the general progress reports, is as follows:

June:- New round of player spotlights

Sept:- Follow-up on previous spotlights

Feb:- Statistics blocks - most caps, tallest player, other random stuffs

That's not to say these will be the only things I'll include, but it's currently what I have in mind.

As for wonderkids, the game has a set of criteria that players must meet before it classes them as "wonderkids". I think the requirements are max. age of 21 and min. CA of 145, although I could be slightly off on that. Anyway, FM RTE has the function within it's search filters to show only wonderkids.

OK, time to start working on the feb update. Might be a while before anything goes up because while for the initial update I grabbed screens as and when I needed them, this time I'm front loading by pulling all the screens I want before I start writing anything.

1837144341.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

No real surprise to see RB Salzburg setting the pace, although to see Austria Wien as the main chasing side as opposed to Rapid or Sturm Graz is slightly unexpected. Only one really significant transfer, as well, with Rasmus Lundgren earning RB Salzburg a nice payoff in his move to Fulham.

Player of the Year

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

A lot of very tough fixtures for Austria, so no real shocks with the results, followed up with some pretty straightforward friendly wins and then a very good win in the Ukraine. That means Austria have climbed the rankings, although not by much.

Highest Valued Player: Marko Arnautovic

Highest Paid Player: Paul Scharner

Tallest Player: Stefan Maierhofer

1008199182.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

Most Useful Player | Best Legionary | Team of the Year

The league season is over in Belarus, but the cup is still in play (I figure I’ll update that on the June update). BATE managed to lose the title on the final day to Shakter Soligorsk, whose 1,395 season ticket holders are undoubtedly delighted to see BATE’s dominance broken. The Belarusian transfer market was pretty quiet, with quite a large amount of money coming in and not much at all going back out.

Footballer of the Year

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

Despite having very few easy fixtures on paper, Belarus did extremely well - only losing 2 matches all year - and this meant they only failed to qualify for the playoffs based on results between teams.

Highest Valued Player: Pavel Niakhaichyk

Highest Paid Player: Aliaksandr Hleb

Tallest Player: Vitaliy Shuganov

1604811481.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

Golden Boot

A very interesting season so far in Belgium as we near the end of regular league play. Most notable is Standard’s very poor position, which currently leaves them very much in doubt to make it into the championship group. At the other end of the table, Beerschot AC were predicted a 7th place finish this year and are currently very much in danger of going down. Standard splashed the cash about during the January window, and this seems to have righted the ship for now, but if they don’t get European football next season they could go into quite a spiral.

Best Belgian Player Abroad

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

A pretty solid series of results before coming unstuck to Kazakhstan, but despite this Belgium still managed to slide down the rankings.

Highest Valued Player: Marouane Fellaini

Highest Paid Player: Marouane Fellaini

Tallest Player: Kristof Van Hout

1819865338.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

Seeing CSKA (Sofia) on top of the table is certainly not too much of a surprise and seeing Litex and Levski in 4th and 5th respectively would be unusual, if it weren’t for the fact that just 5 points separate the top 7 teams. As with many of the smaller nations, transfer traffic is mostly heading out of the country, with England and Italy both being well represented as buyers.

Footballer of the Year

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

A bit of a disappointing year for Bulgaria. Despite some credible draws, they’ll definitely not be happy with the results overall. They have managed to stay fairly flat though in terms of ranking, which will certainly be pleasing for the FA.

Highest Valued Player: Dimitar Berbatov

Highest Paid Player: Dimitar Berbatov

Tallest Player: Slavcho Doychinov

1514821509.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

Not much to surprise people here, with Dinamo way out ahead and Hajduk holding on to second place. Dinamo have managed to secure a large amount of finance from Germany, and the fact that it’s not hurt their domestic season at all can only man they will get stronger still.

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

A mixed bag of results for Croatia, but ultimately they’ll have been disappointed to have not made it to Euro 2012. A slight drop in the rankings is the result of their year.

Highest Valued Player: Luka Modric

Highest Paid Player: Srdjan Lakic

Tallest Player: Vanja Ivesa

448337739.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

A 3-way tie at the top currently, with Viktoria Pizen sitting in 1st on goal difference. At this stage you would still very much have to fancy Sparta to win it, though. Despite the obvious reputation of Sparta, they’ve been extremely quiet in the transfer market and, indeed, there actually hasn’t been a whole lot at all in temrs of players entering the country.

Player of the Year

Young Player of the Year

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

Bar the slip agaisnt Scotland, it was all going extremely well for the Czech Republic, until they came up against Turkey in the playoff and were unable to make their form count for them.

Highest Valued Player: Petr Cech

Highest Paid Player: Petr Cech

Tallest Player: Jindrich Skacel

off topic:

if you compare the CAs and PAs of the English players with those of the German and Dutch...Why are they so much higher??

As we all know, England didnt do very well lately in strong constrast to Germany and Holland. This does not reflect reality does it?

And I would like to know why my previous post was deleted without informing me?

On topic:

Great thread! Love to check this regularly. :)

off topic:

if you compare the CAs and PAs of the English players with those of the German and Dutch...Why are they so much higher??

As we all know, England didnt do very well lately in strong constrast to Germany and Holland. This does not reflect reality does it?

That will be down to a couple of things I would assume: 1) The inherent randomness that the game goes through during initial setup (no 2 games are ever identical, even at the very start) and 2) English players are, for the most part, acknowledged to have very high levels of ability, but for whatever reason this rarely translates to on-field performance. The German team on the other hand is one with an awful lot of potential and they have been playing to that potential the last few years, thereby playing to a level beyond that which their CA might suggest. Similarly, the Dutch are a disciplined unit and as a whole perform much better than their individual parts would suggest.

And I would like to know why my previous post was deleted without informing me?

Nobody in this thread is going to be able to help you with that. In fact, nobody in the CSE forum will be able to help you with that. Best bet would be asking questions via PM to mods if you feel you've been treated unjustly.

On topic:

Great thread! Love to check this regularly. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. It's taking quite a bit of effort on my part to not just repeat myself every post, so positive words make me smile immensely :)

thanks for your thoughts on the different PA/CA levels :) youre doing an incredible good job, i love the detail of it and the effort you put in here.

i wasnt adressing you with the question about who deleted my post, i hoped some mod who controls the thread would do it.

no problem.

keep it up mate :)

1091681721.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

Autumn Player of the Year | Player of the Year

Kobenhavn lead the league as you would expect, although the huge gap to second will certainly come as a nice surprise to fans of the club. Most of the major transfers consist of players leaving the country, but it certainly can’t be said that Danish clubs are afraid to spend what they bring in.

Players’ Player of the Year

Team of the Year

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

The Danish have to be extremely happy with their 2011. Not only did they make it to Euro 2012, but they also saw a good rise in the rankings - a good championships could see them trouble the top 10.

Highest Valued Player: Daniel Agger

Highest Paid Player: Daniel Agger

Tallest Player: Mads Justesen

(just to annoy me, the logo source I was using doesn’t have an English flag in the same style >.>)

7%5CEngland-Badge-70993.jpg

February 2012

Table | Transfers

No real surprises at the top of the table, but down at the bottom we have a drastic departure from real life with both Newcastle and Swansea struggling. Ganso and Maicon haven’t quite allowed Man City to hold the pace, but they’re still well within reach o the title. Hulk has also joined the Premiership, although it’s a little early to know his impact, but you’d have to feel like Everton will be badly missing Fellaini.

Championship Table | Transfers

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

Exactly the kind of form the English have come to expect from their national team. While not inconsistent enough to fail to qualify, they still had a pretty bad year and the world rankings reflect this.

Highest Valued Player: Andy Carroll

Highest Paid Player: Wayne Rooney

Tallest Player: Carl McNicholas

1095060668.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers | Cup

Player of the Year | Rookie of the Year | Team of the Year

FC Inter will no doubt be delighted to have maintained their early lead to win the league, finishing well ahead of HJK. Despite only managing a very distant third in the league KuPS did manage to take home the cup. So far for the new season the transfer market has been pretty quiet, but considering the status of most Finnish teams there has actually been a fair bit of money spent.

Player of the Year

U23 Player of the Year

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

Those results may not look good for Finland, but the losses were all games they wouldn’t expect to win and they even managed a couple of draws they wouldn’t have been expecting. Despite the positives, their world ranking has stayed pretty much the same.

Highest Valued Player: Roman Eremenko

Highest Paid Player: Roman Eremenko

Tallest Player: Tatu Kallio

Apologies for the slow going. I’d rather not sacrifice detail for the sake of me writing faster updates.

935530776.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

The top of the table looks very much as expected here, with Lyon sitting only slightly off the pace of PSG and Marseille. Only 9 points from 21 games at the bottom for AC Ajaccio is quite an impressive record, and their fans will definitely be preparing for the drop down. Quite a few big transfers going on here, with Ayew out and Afellay in being the most notable.

Player of the Year

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

A very good year for France, with only 2 games they didn’t win, sees them qualify easily for Euro2012 and rise slightly in the world rankings. A good tournament could be all there is between them and the top of the chart.

Highest Valued Player: Franck Ribéry

Highest Paid Player: Franck Ribéry

Tallest Player: Lotfi Gherbi

424097756.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

The biggest surprise to date sees HSV struggling at the bottom of the table, but up at the top Bayern are looking very comfortable. Considering the strength of the German leagues, there has been a pretty small level of transfer activity, with no club spending even £10m to bring a player in or out of a German club.

Second Division Table | Transfers

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

2011 was a great year for Germany capped off with a couple of very disappointing results, but nothing bad enough to drop them from their high position in the World Rankings.

Highest Valued Player: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Highest Paid Player: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Tallest Player: Daniel Müller

316255753.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

Nothing of any real note in the league in Greece, nor is there too much to shout about in terms of transfers, except maybe the arrival of Bernard Mendy.

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

A very strong year for the national team which saw them peak at 4th and bodes pretty well moving into Euro 2012.

Highest Valued Player: Vasilis Torosidis

Highest Paid Player: Vasilis Torosidis

Tallest Player: Manolis Stefanakos

The biggest surprise to date sees HSV struggling at the bottom of the table, but up at the top Bayern are looking very comfortable. Considering the strength of the German leagues, there has been a pretty small level of transfer activity, with no club spending even £10m to bring a player in or out of a German club.

The same kind of happened in my Rubin Kazan game. HSV has been kind of a ping-pong club, going up and down pretty much every year. In my current date(end of the 2015 season), they got relegated again. Big money transfers? A few and mostly outgoing. Most of the money is concentrated in England (Aston Villa got taken over by a sugar daddy and they spent like 300 million euros in 2 years) and Italy (surprisingly Napoli is topping the Money spent charts).

I really like the experiment and can't wait to see what happened in Romania and Russia.

1967713405.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

Ajax hold top spot, but most of the other teams you might expect to be challenging aren’t particularly close behind. Vitesse and FC Utrecht will definitely be happy that they are currently in the hunt for the title, though. Another nation with many transfers out and not a significant number coming in, but Vitesse have certainly been busy in the market.

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

Very little in the way of shock results means the Dutch maintain their top ranked spot and qualify for Euro 2012 with ease

Highest Valued Player: Arjen Robben

Highest Paid Player: Wesley Sneijder

Tallest Player: Vincent Slot

• 4 weeks later...

Not dead, just really neglected

2132315746.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers

Videoton look extremely strong atop the league, with Debrecen not really looking like they’ll make a fight of it. Videoton have been the most active in terms of high-end transfers, both in the selling and in the buying.

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

Not a good year for the National team, with quite a number of very winnable games being dropped, giving them a significant drop in world rankings.

Highest Valued Player: Balazs Dzsudzsak

Highest Paid Player: Balazs Dzsudzsak

Tallest Player: László Kraft

1171129361.png

February 2012

Table | Transfers | Cup

A very close run season sees Valur crowned on goal difference giving them the only Champions League spot. They’ll be joined in Europe by Vikingur and FH through league qualification and Fylkir, who won the cup despite being very nearly relegated this season.

Footballer of the Year

National Best XI

National Results

World Ranking History

A couple of solid wins for the Icelandic were enough to see a huge spike in the rankings, meaning 2011 was a good year for them.

Highest Valued Player: Gylfi Sigurðsson

Highest Paid Player: Eidur Gudjohnsen

Tallest Player: Snorri Steinarsson

Archived