Big Fish in a Small Pond - Game Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2015 Mid-Season Update

Premier Division

John Crane and Valdres are finding life tough in the top flight. Crane only has 4 league goals with the other 9 coming in the cup. Needs to grab a few more to pull the team away from the drop zone.

First Division

Steve Duffy has hit the ground running in the first division with Pors. 38 goals so far has pushed the team to the top of the league. It’s still tight at the top though with only 5 points separating the top 4 places so he will need to keep it up.

Lewis Leddy is also doing well with Algard. The fans recently voted Lewis a club legend and it’s easy to see why as he has them pushing for consecutive promotions. 25 goals in all competitions leave the club in 2nd spot and ready to push Pors all the way.

Edoardo Lorenzo and Tromsdalen must be considered the danger. They have the experience and know what it takes to reach the top flight. Only 3 points behind at the moment and Lorenzo is in great form with 10 assists and 7 goals to his name. The top two should be looking over their shoulders.

Mike Nevo has pushed on with KFUM Oslo. After almost getting relegated last year he has managed to get them up to 4th and an outside chance of promotion. The Oslo icon has already netted 22 goals, only 4 short of his return for the whole of last year.

Jesus Christ and Nest-Sotra sit in the mid-table positions. Still appears to be a lack of goals holding the club back. Only 17 conceded but they can’t find a goal scorer to push them up the league. The club recently reverted back to semi-pro status which won’t help matters.

Santi Ganso is having similar problems at Raufoss. Ganso is top scorer from midfield with 9 goals. If the strikers could assist in finding the net a bit more often they could be higher. Will be disappointed to be down in 9th place after just missing out on promotion last year.

Jaime Bowmimo is struggling with life in the first division with Baerum. In last place and 7 points from safety he has a lot of work on his hands to try and climb clear of the relegation spots.

Group One

Dench Frimpong finally got his act together with Moss. Dench isn’t in great form with just 3 goals and 3 assists to his name but it’s enough at the moment to put the team top by 2 points.

Severus Moody is back on form with Steinkjer. The club legend has fired them into 3rd place, just two points off the top spot. Final game of the season will be interesting as they travel to Moss.

Omar Brown is not to far back far with Strindheim. Five points behind 1st place but the teams above should be worried. Brown has returned after a few games out with a fractured arm. The team only picked up 1 point in those 3 games and are a lot stronger now. I expect Strindheim to be close if Brown stays fit until the end of the season.

Juan Coco Luis Pereira isn’t too far back with Orn Horten. 5th place at the moment and just six points off promotion. Will need a very good run to get the top spot but when Periera is on form the team are very hard to beat.

Arawn Moridin is having a tough time of it at Lorenskog again. In 6th spot but a long way off the top. Moridin is not performing either with just a 6.95 AR which for a player of his calibre is not good enough.

Herring is adrift in 7th spot with Skeid. Not a great season so far for Herring as he only has 4 goals and 2 assists to his name. Just been a takeover at the club so maybe the new board can get the team going.

Group Two

Wolodymyr Zelenko has had a great start to the new season at Lillehammer. Three points clear at the top, it’s a great turnaround from last years 7th place finish. Good return from Zelenko as he has 7 goals to his name, most strikers but be happy with his strike rate.

Daniel Park and Tonsberg lead the chasing pack and are only 3 points behind. The fans recently nominated Park a club icon and he is repaying their faith this season. 12 goals, 7 assists and 7 MOM awards from 14 games is a great return.

Jake Stothard and Follo continue the good run of form from the tail end of last year. Still 6 points behind the leaders but with the run Follo are on they still have a chance of getting top spot.

Demba Hynd is down in 7th place with Kristiansund. Appears most of Hynds best work is on the defensive side. He is averaging almost 5 tackles per game to break up play. Only managed 4 goals and 3 assists though so far.

Group Three

Tiko Brohan is flying with Vindbjart. Lost the opening game 3-2 away at Floy but have then won 10 league games on the bounce to top the table by 5 points. It looks to have been an all round team effort this year as goals and assists are shared throughout the squad.

Luke Corcoran and Floy are nine points behind and it will take a great effort to catch the leaders now. Luke has a few more goals to his name and has also taken up penalty duties for the team.

Geraint Alacarde will not be happy with the start Notodden have made. After last years 2nd place the club looked like challengers this year but are down in 7th place. Geraint is doing his part with 10 goals and a few assists but promotion looks a very long shot.

Group Four

Freddie Whites is doing well with his attempts to bounce straight back with Harstad. In second place on goal difference only Freddie is flying this year, 13 goals, 8 assists and 8 MOM awards from left midfield. They face current leaders Eidsvold Turn at home on the last day of the season which will be a nervous affair for all concerned.

A poor showing in the Cup this year as no team made it past the 4th round. Tonsberg and Valdres made it the furthest but it’s one to forget this year.

Come on Omar don't make it a repeat of last year

I think he just has to stay fit. If he isn't in the team Strindheim have no chance. With him there they look very strong.

NO!!! Geraint!! hmm, wat's Nottoden's weakness btw? is it defence or goals, or just that the team is weak?

And I'm the top scorer when I'm not even the striker?!?

I'd say defence is the problem. They have conceded 2 or more in five league games so far in games like 3-2 defeats, 2-2 draws. The team have scored more than league leaders so I think they just need to shore up the defence.

Your goals come from you arriving late in the box to slot it home. Couple of pens too, not to mention this

Lets go Tonsberg, hopefully we can keep it going this year and not have to depend on the final game of the season

If it does come down to final game at least you have an easy one this time. You are at home to bottom club Korsvoll

Moridin you b*****d! I'd like to know Lørenskogs weakness as well :) If it's not to much trouble :D

Be easier to point out their strengths to be honest :D The squad is bloody awful, even for this level. It's probably an achievement to be as high as they are given the talent available. As an example these are the fellas who have been given the task of leading the line so far this season.

Alding

Kashama

Klev

Alding is probably the best player at the club behind Moridin

Amazing season from Duffy so far and it seems I've formed a bit of a partnership with Chuma Arene who has 17 assists! (I wouldn't mind seeing him if possible!) However with me getting 69% of our goals this season I'd be seriously worried if I got injured...

Amazing season from Duffy so far and it seems I've formed a bit of a partnership with Chuma Arene who has 17 assists! (I wouldn't mind seeing him if possible!) However with me getting 69% of our goals this season I'd be seriously worried if I got injured...

Not a problem. Not exactly a world beater, I think he is getting the assists as the ball bounces off him into Duffy's path. Still it's a great return and his AR is very impressive

Anene.jpg

Chuna Anene, legend! It will be interesting to see how the teams improve (if they do) as they move up the leagues. I think the first milestone will be keeping a team in the Premier Division for more than one season.

I was planning on doing another CA and reputation update midway through next season. It was going to be at the end of the season but the clubs have a tendancy to have a big clear out at end of year so it doesnt appear to be a true reflection of the squads ability. I think now the players PA has been maxed we should see a rise in reputation. I think any team with a world class player should see a rise in their rep.

Your goals come from you arriving late in the box to slot it home. Couple of pens too, not to mention this

Awesome! Nice curve.. Too bad the highlight was behind the goal.. If only it was the one behind the player. But that's random, so nothing we can do about it... =)

Off work tomorrow so should get the end of season review done.

Can I ask if everyone is happy with the layout with screenshots of league, player and the squad, or are there any suggestions on different screenshots that could be added?

You doing a great job, I'm happy with things the way they are, so I'll leave suggestions to others. Very interested to see the end of season review to see how many more goals i've managed :D

2015 Season Review

Premier Division

John Crane got Valdres into a place of safety with 5 games to go. It was all in their own hands but 5 consecutive defeats means they are relegated. Not a bad first season in the top flight though with 17 goals and the experience will help the club, also won the leagues midfielder of the year award.

First Division

Steve Duffy scored a bagful for Pors but ultimately it wasn’t enough. A disappointing 4th place finish for Steve but it was a great season back in the first division and one the club can build on next year. Duffy deservedly won the players player of the year award.

Lewis Leddy and Algard drew too many games and drop out of the promotion spots. If they could have converted a couple of the draws into wins then promotion was all there for the taking. Another clear out at Algard shows the management are already looking to improve next year.

Edoardo Lorenzo showed his class and experience to get Tromsdalen promoted. Was quite comfortable in the end too as they top the league by 5 points. Hopefully they have learned from past mistakes in the top flight and can stay up next year. Lorenzo was in good form as he notched 18 goals, 15 assists and came 2nd in the players player of the year award.

Mike Nevo finishes in 6th place with KFUM Oslo. It is a massive improvement on last season and if the club continue the improvement they could be serious challengers next season. Mike’s performances were recognised by his peers as he came 3rd in players player of the year award.

Jesus Christ and Nest-Sotra continue to impress. JC managed to push the club up to 5th place thanks mainly to the 14 clean sheets he kept. It’s a recurring theme at the club but a goal scorer is essential to move the club forward. The club have shown year on year improvement though and can’t be written off next year.

Santi Ganso and Raufoss dropped a few places but have secured a place in the first division next year. Ganso must be disappointed though as it’s a huge drop from last years 3rd place.

Jaime Bowmimo drops straight back down with Baerum. The club never got to grips with the stronger competition and fell short by some distance. They didn’t manage consecutive victories all season in the league. Hopefully Bowmimo will be back soon.

Group One

Dench Frimpong just misses out on promotion with Moss. Even 6 consecutive wins at the end of the season couldn’t get them the promotion. The game before the run was the decider as they lost 4-1 to champions Strindheim. It’s a massive improvement for the club though and should leave everyone feeling confident about next year.

Severus Moody will be frustrated with life at Steinkjer. It looked like they had a chance this year but tailed off badly to finish 10 points behinds the champions. Moody was in good form has he hit 28 goals but it was all in vain.

Omar Brown stayed fit and in form to lead Strindheim to the title. Promotion has been very close for a few years so it will be a massive relief to finally get a shot in the 1st division. History has shown the club need Brown to perform if they have chance of staying up next year.

Juan Coco Luis Pereira and Orn Horten Couldn’t generate any momentum and dropped to 6th. They were a long way short in the end and consistency was the problem for most of the year, too many runs of 3 games without a win.

Arawn Moridin had a season to forget with Lorenskog. An 8th place finish is exactly what the media predicted at the start of the year but Moridin deserves better. The management must take the blame as it’s a poor squad they have assembled. Need a decent striker to get on the end of Arawn’s through balls otherwise they could struggle again next year.

Herring moved up a couple of spots with Skeid but it’s not a great season. Herring got into double figures again and there are some decent players around him so perhaps they should have been closer.

Group Two

Wolodymyr Zelenko couldn’t keep it going with Lillehammer. The club fell to 4th place and 4 points off the title. They suffered 6 defeats during the run in which will be disappointing after the great start the club had. It’s the best finish so far though and gives them a platform for next season.

Daniel Park finally earns promotion with Tonsberg. Park was in great form and the club really should have won the league more convincingly but they stumbled over the line in the end. 2 defeats and a draw in the finals 3 games means it was won on goal difference only.

Jake Stothard and Follo should have been champions. A run of 8 consecutive wins meant it was in their own hands on the last day of the season. They faced 5th place Ranheim at home and went into halftime 1-0 up. 2 second half goals by the visitors though meant defeat and another season in the second division.

Demba Hynd had another poor season with Kristiansund. The club could only manage a 6th place finish. 7 goals and 5 assists over the season by Hynd isn’t a good enough return offensively but he appears solid defensively.

Group Three

Tiko Brohan just about held on with Vindbjart to top the table. They required a win on the final day to hold off the challenge from Floy and didn’t let the fans down as they hammered Stord 4-0. It’s a massive improvement on the previous two years. Will need to step up again next year to have a chance of staying up.

Luke Corcoran and Floy put up a good fight and almost caught the leaders. They only suffered 1 defeat in the run in but Vindbjart had too much of a lead. Floy must be favourites to land promotion next year after 4 consecutive seasons in the top three.

Geraint Alacarde had a great season for Notodden and they raced up the league in the second part of the year. Geraint grabbed 15 goals and 13 assists to get the team going but they had too much work on after a poor start. They were 13 points behind the champions at one stage but closed the gap to 7. Bodes well for next year if they can continue the form.

Group Four

Freddie Whites will be frustrated at Harstad. After a great start they suffered 3 consecutive defeats in July to leave too much work to catch the leaders. Freddie was in terrific form as he grabbed 25 goals and 18 assists.

The Cup was won by Sandefjord.

League Points  League Win  Cup Win  Relegation  Total
Edoardo Lorenzo             216            30                  -10       236
Lewis Leddy                 217            10                            227
Omar Brown                  209            10                            219
Luke Corcoran               212                                          212
Daniel Park                 199            10                            209
Herring                     208                                          208
Dench Frimpong              208                                          208
Steve Duffy                 196            20                  -10       206
Jesus Christ                194            10                            204
Santi Ganso                 185.4          10                            195.4
Juan Coco Luis Pereira      192                                          192
Tiko Brohan                 182            10                            192
Geraint Alacarde            191                                          191
Freddie Whites              186            10                  -10       186
Jaime Bowmimo               177.6          10                  -10       177.6
Mike Nevo                   166            10                            176
Jake Stothard               175.5                                        175.5
John Crane                  173            10                  -10       173
Severus Moody               172                                          172
Demba Hynd                  166.5                                        166.5
Wolodymyr Zelenko           160.2                                        160.2
Arawn Moridin               146                                          146

I don't quite think the points system is working. I am only one of a few players to get into the premier league, and i won an award (SHould be worth something) yet i am near the bottom of the pile (Josh Crane)

Prehaps points should have been or could be multiplied by 2 for bottom division clubs. 2.5 for first and 3 for top division.

To show the difference in class/competition?

I don't quite think the points system is working. I am only one of a few players to get into the premier league, and i won an award (SHould be worth something) yet i am near the bottom of the pile (Josh Crane)

Prehaps points should have been or could be multiplied by 2 for bottom division clubs. 2.5 for first and 3 for top division.

I think Glenn has a valid point here in saying that points should be weighted depending what league you play in.

1 point are you freaking kidding me Arghhh maybe I will get out of it next season Arghh

Was very close and I thought they might make it. It's been an improvement on recent years though

Same story for algard!! next year will be ours!

My initial reaction when I saw the final table was, not again! Still it was a good first year.

:) Next year will be Lørenskogs! Just so you know :)

Hope so mate.

7 first team members for Nottoden?!?!

A lot of the clubs in the 2nd division tend to just offer 1yr contracts and have massive clear outs at the end of the year. Been happening at most of the other clubs for past couple of seasons. Some new faces probably not a bad idea at Nottoden seeing as the old squad couldn't get them over the line.

gutted that Pors couldn't get over the line, hopefully we can improve next year and build a better squad!

71 goals though :cool: can't argue with that!

Was a brilliant return goals wise. Should be a great platform for next season.

Nice, Tonsberg finally managed to get over that hump. Hopefully Park can keep them up in the first division next year.

I think it was a deserved promotion after coming so close over past couple of years. Should be strong enough to stay up.

Finally Omar Brown the curse is over

Needs some team mates now. Can't keep doing it all on his own.

I think Glenn has a valid point here in saying that points should be weighted depending what league you play in.

I decided on no points for personal awards as the sign up is about getting the club as high as possible. It's all about the team in this thread and as nice as the awards are they don't get the team anything. I understand where you are coming from with the points but still not sure about altering it at this stage. I think there's no too much wrong with it. Lorenzo as without doubt been the best performer and is at the top. Moridin and Zelenko are struggling and find their place at the bottom. If Crane had managed about 20 more points there wouldn't have been a points deduction and he would be in the top 4 or 5.

I'll see how it is after a couple more seasons. If it still looks like average performers are above the ones playing in higher leagues I will amend the table. As it stands playing in the higher leagues is an advantage on its own. More games, increase in rep and revenue to get better players, more points for winning leagues and more chance of cup success. I think it will show in another couple of seasons and everyone will be happy. At least I hops so as I don't want to have to amend the points :p

Archived