What age is it ok to play fm until

I am 60 in April and still play. Not as often but regularly. I like the game, it challenges you, it makes you think and it keeps you fresh. PC games have taught me quite a lot of different things since I started way back when.

Without boring people, I would say play until you don't want to play but age should not be a barrier. Your a long time dead so a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

Anyway it's the only way I can get NUFC to win anything :)

I was going to start a thread on this today!!

I`m 37 turning 38 in March and don`t feel like quitting anytime soon.

I have 2 young girls and i usually manage to get 2-3 games per night when they are all tucked up in bed :)

I used to be good at Fifa 2006, i got to the semi finals in the Fifa interactive tournament in Sydney but since then it was all downhill when playing 1st person shooters or fifa games. My reflexes are not what they used to be but i can still give the odd young en a flogging online now and again :D but nothing like i used to.

Thats where FM comes in, any age can have great fun, without having the reflexes of a 13 year old to get anywhere, plus i still enjoy it the same as i did years ago.

Despite some bugs in the game, it is still an awesome game and i would like someone to say there is a better football management game on the market. People have to realise, it is only a GAME and nothing can be 100% like reality.

Both my parents play games and they are in their 50's.

I actually know one person on here who plays FM and he is 77 (yes really as I know them IRL) :)

Has to be the winner, surely. I remember once showing my granddad the first FIFA game, he was probably about 70 at the time. His mind was blown....

26 (27 this year) still going strong... Have two kids and a full time job nothing better than a sneaky look on the forums and a late one on a saturday night when kids are all in bed.

getting married in september my goal is to win the champions leauge on the new patch by then never done it yet.

28 with child in tow ... you're never too old.....

put it like this... are you ever too old to watch football or support a team? are you ever too old to say ' I could do a better job then that clown of a manager we have'

fm gives us the chance to sit in the seat of the greatest job on earth

I am 60 in April and still play. Not as often but regularly. I like the game, it challenges you, it makes you think and it keeps you fresh. PC games have taught me quite a lot of different things since I started way back when.

Without boring people, I would say play until you don't want to play but age should not be a barrier. Your a long time dead so a little bit of what you fancy does you good.

Anyway it's the only way I can get NUFC to win anything :)

:)LOL,someone older than me,i reach the big six'o in October,agree with your comments on PC games:)

I'm 34 and not ashamed of anything. I can see myself playing less due to professional or family constraints in the future, but not due to any odd feeling about playing a video game.

In essence, what's wrong with playing FM which isn't with watching TV or reading a crime novel? It's a leisure activity which is actually requiring more interaction and thoughts spent than the socially perfectly acceptable TV show. Just mind that playing a video game is something you are doing on your own much more than watching TV which can still create some kind of common experience with somebody else.

Nice to hear everyones thoughts. I am approaching 37 and have played the series since the early nineties, so I like many other here I have grown up with the game. And since my appetite for football and competitions never will dampen, and when the game always evolves, I guess I will play till my last day.

Really agree with jayahr, I don't like watcing TV that much, so for me playing a game is much more fun and challenging.

I turned 30 in December and I'm a regular gamer, both in terms of FM and my main interest which is console gaming. The attitude of non-gamers than video games are for kids really, really annoys me. Lots of games these days are aimed at adults and I know many gamers that are in their late 30's and 40's.

As everybody else says, play as you see fit and don't let society make you think you're too old for gaming.

I am approaching 33 in May and do not think I am ever going to give up this amazing game, my opinion it is even in some situations a good trainer to solve situations in real life quickly and also a good mindtrainer. People around me are always really amazed about the facts I knowin Football, you only have to be really carefull you do not mix-up FM facts with real life facts :-) !

However I noticed in the past years it is not easy for me to stick long with one save, my satisfaction is gone more easily as in the early days.As I really hate the big money spending nowadays in Football , I really try to develop my teams with home-grown players and hardly spent money on transfers. This way it is not easy to achieve big success however in real life there is also only one team able to win the CL............... and more managers as clubs ;-)

KUTGW oldies and play this game 4-ever!

I'm coming up for 68 in May & play FM every day. I play this game instead of just watching TV. At least I have to "unrust" my brains to do this.

I do play tennis three times a week though, to keep my blood circulating.

I'm 34, 35 this year...

I'm another that's played the series since it first began in 91/92.

I admit I spend less time on FM these days, mainly because of the games on the 360, CoD, Skyrim etc etc.

I've got 2 kids and another on the way, so I find my 'free' time diminishing all the time, and now even my 4 year old is an FM fan and is learning the game FAST!!!

Looks like he'll have to have his own PC soon too...jeez man, when I was his age I literally had 3 toys I reckon and all I wanted to do was play football for real, computers at home didn't even exist!!! LOL

Luckily for me, my lads both love a 'real' game of football too so it's all good.

Long live FM.

I'm approaching 35 and have been playing FM/CM since the start so that must be the best part of 20 years, the only game I buy without fail on release every year. Some editions I enjoy better than others. I'm also an avid Xbox gamer tried to get the Missus into gaming but I'm fighting a losing battle just have to wait until the kid is old enough to hold a joypad and I'll have her hooked too. Basically if you enjoy it why should age be a barrier

Archived