Sol19

Japan in Copa America? + Can only search for right sided players?

8 posts in this topic

Hey, I was managing Santos in 2015, and Mano Menezes got sacked after they were knocked out in the quarter finals of Copa America. I applied and got the job(finally), and I was interested to check out who knocked them out. I was surprised it was Japan...seriously, I don't think Japan should be playing in Copa America?

bd64c15e.jpg

By the way, I think I was looking for right sided players before I was Brazil's manager, but because you can't filter by side when you're managing a national team, I think the search filter still has 'right', and I couldn't find players like Sandro or Marcelo through the filter. Any way to fix this?

As incorrect as this might sound it is actually quite true. If you do a quick google for "Japan copa america" you will see they were invited into the copa america tournament last year along with mexico. They after much tooing and throwing decided not to take part and instead Costa Rica were invited in. But this whole debacle is probably why Japan are in the copa america in game.

As strange as it sounds every time a Copa America takes place two other countries are invited in to make up the numbers. In theory England and Spain could participate.

The filter bug is something that we're aware of and are currently looking into.

As Dec's mentioned, there are always guest nations in the Copa America, one of them is usually Mexico and the other varies, Japan have been known to play in it so I wouldn't consider it particularly unusual.

The filter bug is something that we're aware of and are currently looking into.

As Dec's mentioned, there are always guest nations in the Copa America, one of them is usually Mexico and the other varies, Japan have been known to play in it so I wouldn't consider it particularly unusual.

Cool, I hope there's a fix/update for that soon, it's really starting to annoy me. Can't search for regens :(