Identifying Youth Talent

Pretty new to the handheld version on iphone and wondered due to the reduced amount of attrributes on this version, how you idenitfy youth talent etc.

Previously I have used determination (not alone) as an indicator, but as thats not on the iphone attributes, what should I look for instead?

thanks

Pretty new to the handheld version on iphone and wondered due to the reduced amount of attrributes on this version, how you idenitfy youth talent etc.

Previously I have used determination (not alone) as an indicator, but as thats not on the iphone attributes, what should I look for instead?

thanks

If you're looking for one attribute, I would say Decisions. However, I don't recommend this approach as it is far too simplistic and prone to errors. The best you can do is to check for important attributes for the position you're looking for. Add a scout report and make an informed decision.

More advanced tips include to shortlist older stars close to retirement. After they leave the game, look for their regens after a couple of months. Top clubs for good regens are recently promoted outfits from background leagues (season 2 and upwards).

• 3 weeks later...
When you scout a player you can look at his "Player Potential"...how accurate do you think this is? Surely his would be one of the best indicators of whether a young player will develop well?

Actually until a player starts playing well his potential will usually only be 1 or 2 stars higher than his current ability. So some young stars have only 1 star for current ability and 2 stars for potential. The only thing to look for potential-wise is if they have any potential left at all.

The best way is to use the filters. Obviously the goal is to get players to 19-20 for their key attributes, but not all players can reach that level. There are also a few attributes that do not change or change very little (Aggression doesnt change at all, and Creativity only changes 2-3 max). To compensate I pick a position and start with one filter and then remove attributes and bump up the other attributes minimum value.

Don't forget to scout EVERYONE YOU FIND with the filters to see if they have any potential left!!!

Filter by Keeper

pick all of them: Agility +15, Reflexes +15, Handling +15, Aerial +15

pick any 3: Agility +17, Reflexes +17, Handling +17, Aerial +17

pick any 2: Agility +18, Reflexes +18, Handling +18, Aerial +18

pick only 1: Agility +20, Reflexes +20, Handling +20, Aerial +20

Filter by Defender

pick all of them: Tackling +15, Positioning +15, Decisions +15, Heading +15

pick any 3: Tackling +17, Positioning +17, Decisions +17, Heading +17

pick any 2: Tackling +18, Positioning +18, Decisions +18, Heading +18

pick any 1: Tackling +20, Positioning +20, Decisions +20, Heading +20

Filter by Midfielder

Pick Passing and start at +20 and decrease by 1 until 15.

Filter by Attacker

Pick Shooting and start at +20 and decrease by 1 until 15.

Then remove all position filters and filter by the following attributes one at a time:

Creativity +15

Shooting +18

Tackling +18

Pace +18

Strength +18

Decisions +18

Crossing +15

Technique +18

That's a good starting point for finding prospects.

Also note that this is only for U21

Archived