Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pete89

A misguided attempt at global domination?

Attempting the Continental Dominance Challenge and decided to start my own thread A brief overview of the story so far then:

2011/12

Loaded up all Scottish and English leagues, Sunday League rep, Started unemployed - only UK club without a manager was recently relegated Peterhead I applied and got accepted.

The Board wanted me to win the league, I obliged, clearing out many of the old players and bringing in a shed load of my own (including a large number of youth players my coach recommended, we may have rotten youth facilities, but we are on our way to a decent U19 set up too. Best signing was Spanish Striker who's in his later years but still seems to have a good few seasons yet and should be very helpful in our aim to stay up next season.

2012/13

A few new signings and a number of new backroom staff as I let the old ones leave at the end of their contracts. Some decent coaches, but got stuck with a mediocre Ass Man.

Board expected me to avoid relegation, I thought I could manage mid table (well I didn't have much choice after them slashing the wage budget) Things went downhill from when my Spanish striker broke his leg - he would announce his retirement before his return from injury and wouldn't reconsider. He came back with a few games to go and helped us stay up in the playout. My mediocre Ass Man's contract was expiring and when it did I offered it to Spanish Striker - or Spanish Ass Man as he will now be known.

It wasn't all bad as prior to the leg breakage Peterhead won their first ever league challenge cup, a fact which probably helped appease the board after my failure to live up to expectations in the league. In both the other cups were were knocked out by Hamliton, who also beat us in a pre season friendly and all all 4 league meetings on their way to winning the 2nd Division

2013/14

We really turned it round this season and really were pushing for the Second Division Title going into the final months of the season. A few bad results and we were stuck with just the playoffs at the end of the season, although thankfully the opposite end of the table from last season. We could have won the league on the last day of the season had we won and the other two teams lost, as we had the goal difference advantage, but we couldn't even hold up our end of the bargain.

In the playoffs We reached the final before losing to East Fife on penalties.

Not much to report on the cups front other We lost to Celtic in the third round of the League Cup, and Hamilton again scuppered our chances with a Third round defeat in the Scottish cup.

Season   Team      Country       League                 LFP      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12 Peterhead  Scotland      Third Division         1st      Won League
2012/13 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        9th      Survived Play Out, Won League Challenge Cup
2013/14 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        3rd      Lost in Play Off Final

Looking good so far however have had a transfer embargo this summer due to take over and have not been able to sign anyone new. The ****** of a new chairman has ruled out any investment in the club and as refused any upgrade to training or youth facilities and also to a trial day meaning that this season I'm going to have to look to my U19's to strengthen the squad. This is the first time I've taken as instant dislike to a virtual person, and have decided this will likely be my last season with Peterhead. Ideally will get a move to either the Championship or SPL, at which point I'll load up the German Spanish and Italian top divisions and keep my eye out for a club that can win the Champions League.

Look forward to reading this. I started as Peterhead on my first attempt at my challenge but the game went wrong and I had to start again.

Trying to do a screenshot but it won't let me? any ideas? when I attempt it I just screenshot my desktop?

For a screenshot, press alt + F9. This will save a screenshot in the file, My Documents, Sports Interactive, FM12, Screenshots. Then go onto a website such as imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com, upload a picture onto either of those sites and then copy & paste the code named 'Forum Code' into here. That will add a screenshot.

thanks got it.

Firstly My Squad

peterheadsquadplayers.png

My Spanish Striker/Ass Man

pablocouagooverviewprof.png

My Star Defender

alanreillyoverviewprofi.png

And My Top Striker and Captian

rorymcallisteroverviewp.png

October 2014

Sitting Second in the Second Division, and out of both the Challange Cup and League Cup in the Second round, doing the minimum in each to keep the board happy, Two interesting news items pop up on my radar. Both Reading (22nd in the Championship) and Burnley (18th in the Championship) have sacked their managers, I consider this then apply for the Burnley Post.

The Board Don't like it.

The Fans Don't like it

peterliddellnewsinbox.png

The Burnley Chairman Laughs at me

peterliddellnewsinbox2.png

I apologise and get back to work, knowing that the ice is now thinner, wandering eyes will no be tolerated and I cannot afford another failed application, less I fall through.

Looks like I won't be leaving Peterhead this Season after all.

December 2014 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 4th

Board Expectations: Reach Playoffs, 4th round Scottish Cup, 2nd Round League Cup, 2nd Round Challenge cup

Halfway through the season and its gone well so far

peterheadfixturesfixtur.png

scottishseconddivisiono.png

As you can see our home form has been fantastic and we are yet to drop a point there. On a personal note the high points have been the 2-0 victory over Berwick in the League where we pulled clear of them for the first time and made amends for out 4-1 defeat earlier in the season to them, and the 3-0 win over Annan, who have become my personal rivals, being promoted from the Third Division the same season as we won it, with their smartass boss Harry Cairney never able to resist a cheap shot in my general direction. So it is with great pleasure that I see that they have manages only 5 points so far this season.

Back to Peterhead who are now 10 points clear of second place, and with the gap in quality between us and the other teams, I can't see anything other than the title for us now. I am however looking at bringing in a Right Mid if any of my useless scouts can find one worth buying as that is the weakest part of the team.

On to the cups and as I said earlier we went out of the League and Challenge Cups in the Second round of each. We entered the Scottish Cup in the Third round and won 7-0 against a non league side, and we've been lucky enough to get another one in the 4th round, which is as far as the board expected me to get.

A few more players.

Firstly Robert Thompson, the other half of my strike force, a Loan from Dundee Utd, who have accepted about 5 transfer offers from me in the past year for smaller and smaller amounts of money, yet his agent won't talk to me. He's Just signed a new contract with them so I am at least hopeful of extending the Loan again.

Next up is regular Left Mid, and occasional Striker, Alban "The Albanian" Bunjaku, so called as he is Albanian.

Jake Howells is my left back and occasional left mid, there's an awful lot of interest in him and I really hope he'll still be here on February 1st.

Wayne Drummond has been my starting keeper this season, however I have recently signed a new keeper, Declan Treanor, who is looking better than Drummond, although is yet to start I'm planning on giving him a try soon however as my coaches are telling me that Drummond's performances have been dropping and Treanor really does look better than Drummond.

May 2015 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 4th

Board Expectations: Reach Playoffs, 4th round Scottish Cup, 2nd Round League Cup, 2nd Round Challenge cup

On the first of January the board offered my an extra £1k a week to win the league, although I didn't need or spend the money I accepted it as we we're 10 points clear and so now we had to win. Needless to say this is where things took a turn for the worse with star DC Reilly getting injured. On the bright side this meant that no offers came in for him and I was able to keep hold of him, and in fact the rest of the team, with only one player, a sub par ex youth team striker leaving for £1k. There was only one player in for January to fill the weak MR spot, with Richard Reid joining from Clyde for £50k.

In the league the team took a downward turn soon conceding our entire 10 point lead until we were on level points with Berwick, our next opponents in what was looking like being a title decider.

We conceded an early penalty thanks to the overly aggressive right back Marnick Vermijl who cost us goals like this far too often this season and as such will be leaving this summer if anyone is stupid enough to buy him. However We fought back to pull 3 points clear and start turning our season around, hopefully not too late.

peterheadvberwickinform.png

I'll come back to the league in a moment. The 4th round of the Scottish Cup wasn't great, drawing 1-1 to non-league side Deveronvale, before an unconvincing 1-0 win in the replay saw us into the fifth round for the first time in my career. Sadly the team we were facing didn't bring a similarly new experiance as we drew Hamilton away from home. However in another career first

hamiltonvpeterheadinfor.png

We drew Dundee United in the Quarter Final, meaning that top scorer Robert Thompson couldn't play as that clause wasn't included in his loan deal. Marnick did it again and gave away a penalty and picked up a red card for his troubles, at which point United proceeded to win 4-0 and send us back north.

There was one more signing brought in around this point on a fee, Massimo Luongo who trialed with the club in January and was looking for £550 per week at that point, signed for just £150 per week after firing his greedy agent.

So back the the league and things started to turn round for us somewhat, on the last day of the season we were 1 pt clear of Berwick and so needed a win to guarantee the title. We ran out easy winners at Forfar and secured the Second Division Title.

One other piece of news, upon Annan's relegation being confirmed, my long time rival Harry Cairney was fired in March.

scottishseconddivisiono.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        9th      Survived Play Out, Won League Challenge Cup
2013/14 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        3rd      Lost in Play Off Final
2013/14 Peterhead  Scotland      Second Division        1st      Won League, Reached QF of Scottish Cup

1st August 2015 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation, 4th Round Scottish Cup, 2nd Round League Cup, 2nd Round Challenge cup

The board were willing to offer me a wage budget of £6,750 a week to avoid relegation from the First Division in addition to a transfer fund of £118k. The first order of business was to get rid of Vermijl. Thankfully Bradford we're willing to pay £16k to take him off my hands and was replaced for just £5k by Craig Barr. I was also able to bring in French Striker Gregorie Laurent to replace Robert Thompson who returned to Dundee United and was promptly sold onto Motherwell. Although my bid for him was accepted it seems the Cup Winner and League Winner medals weren't enough to to make him a permanent member of the Blue Toon. I also took the decision to change my Captain, demoting McAllister to Vice Capitan and replacing him with Andrew Mitchell.

The Challange Cup drew us against fellow First Division side, and Gordon Brown's favoured side, Raith Rovers in the first round. Although they are predicted for a 4th place finish this season we hammered them 4-0, although I'm not sure if this is a good sign for us or just a bad one for them.

In the League Cup we had an easier standard of opposition with Third Division Stirling. A 3-0 victory including a goal from Frenchman Laurent on his début saw them off.

peterheadsquadplayers.png

1st September 2015 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation, 4th Round Scottish Cup, 2nd Round League Cup, 2nd Round Challenge cup

Another addition to the squad in the shape of central midfielder Ryan Thompson who joined on a free transfer

Well it wasn't the best start to the league, 3-0 down to East Fife at Half Time, we were better in the second half and pulled a goal back. 3-1 against another team tipped for relegation isn't good enough if we want to stay up though. The 2-2 Draw with Livingston, again another relegation candidate, was a better performance by the lads, but that one can be put down to bad luck.

My earlier confidence regarding our win over Raith Rovers was soon to be robbed completely with our trip to Kirkcaldy resulting in a 2-0 defeat and our delivery to the foot of the table. Thankfully our final match of the month was to provide our first win in the league with a 1-0 win over Brechin, however it didn't come until the 80 oddth minute and came from the head of a defender via a corner and considering how much we dominated possession that is a worry. Another blow was losing French Striker Laurent in the match to a torn calf muscle. We'll be without him for the next 4-5 months which is disappointing as I was hopping to phase him into a first team role.

The Second Round of the Challenge Cup provided a much needed 3-1 away win at Dumbarton with Luongo getting of the mark for the season with a brace. In the League Cup we were away to St Johnstone. The match started badly with St Johnstone scoring in just 48 seconds. This was followed by St Johnstone being awarded a penalty on the 20 minute mark, however just 10 minutes later we had a penalty of our own and a chance to get back in the game. However we couldn't even score from the spot. we crashed out of the competition 3-0.

scottishfirstdivisionov.png

peterhead_football_club_logo.png

1st December 2015 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

September was a fairly poor month, highlighted by the 3rd round challenge cup defeat to Queen of the South, however it was as if we found a magical win switch in October and only dropped points in a 2-2 draw with Livingston which we really should have won. Our good form in the league saw us climb as high as 4th in the league, until our defeat to Falkirk say them leapfrog us and with some other results going against us we went from 4th to 7th in just 90 minutes.

I brought in two new signings on free transfers - striker Greig Spence and Midfielder Ruben Bover, however both are yet to start.

The board brought me some good news in that after 4 odd years of asking they were finally going to upgrade our youth facilities.

There was also some bad news with star defender Reilly picking up an injury for the third time while on international duty with the U21's. Sadly I don't think he would take kindly to my suggestion for him to retire from internationals....

Finally there's the Scottish Cup which we could only manage a 0-0 draw at home to Second Division side Ross County. We go to Dingwall tomorrow to avenge this travesty in the replay so I'll let you know who that goes in Febuary.

peterheadfixturesfixturq.png

1st February 2016 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

Two new signings in January, Steven Wardlaw for 14k and Filipe Figueriedo on a free. Both were brought in to cover the DM spot since I am experimenting tactically with a 4-5-1. Wardlaw is already showing great promise in the few matches he's started.

The Scottish Cup replay didn't go well at all and we lost 4-2 in a match we were very poor in and really should have won. We also suffered a couple of injuries, Jake Howells being the most serious.

I switched from a 442 attacking to a control 4-5-1 from the start of this year (i.e. when I had a player who could slot into a DM role) and as you can see results have been fairly good since then.

I'm getting daily news reports that the Dundee United and Aberdeen jobs are unsafe, 10th and 11th in the SPL respectively, so I am intending to apply should wither become available. If I don't get them then I'm not exactly sure where to go from here. I really need to get into a top league fast so that I can start playing European football, so I have decided to load up the Hungarian, Northern Irish and Slovenian top divisions which will go live this summer. If I'm still struggling to get a top job by then theres always Eire, Iceland or Finland in January.

7th May 2016 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

By the middle of February the Aberdeen job did come up, I applied, got laughed at, enraged the supporters and had to apologise to the board (again). I didn't win another match until after the season was finished so all in all it was a very poor couple of months. I did however get offered a new contract which, after delaying until the end of the season I have decided to accept until something else comes along.

peterheadhistorybestele.png

2014/15 Peterhead  Scotland      First Division         7th      None

1st September 2016 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

Board Expectations: Top half of table, 4th Round Scottish Cup, 2nd Round League Cup, 2nd Round Challenge Cup

Another Season rolls round at Peterhead and I'm still here, about to embark on my 6th Season in charge. Pre season objectives were to get the first teamers who's contracts were due to expire in a years time onto new deals, and to get rid of Striker Rory McAllister, the last remaining person from when I joined the club (Including all staff, players and the chairman), as his wages of £975 per week can no longer be justified with the better class of cheaper players in the club. I also decided that if I will leave the club should any club that has a chance of any level of European competition next season, and that unless Peterhead either win the league and so are in the SPL or qualify for Europe via the Scottish Cup, then I will resign at the end of the season. The board simply asked that I avoid relegation again, however I selected top half as the only higher option was to win the league.

There were a number of players out on free transfers, mostly youth players but a few former first team players too.

I made the decision that if I couldn't get any of my star players to agree an extension then I would cash in on them now. Reilly was the only one to refuse to discuss terms. He was sold to newly relegated St Johnstone for £250k, after 3 Seasons and 93 appearances for the club. Not bad going for a player who consistently put in top and joined on a free.

There were a few other players out too, McAllister went for £2.5k after 10 appearances, the main gain being the 1k saving a week.

oute.png

There were also a number of players brought in, and despite a transfer budget of over £100k, I didn't spend a penny.

46156158.png

The ones who I expect to be playing a big part this season are David Beattie, Callum Fordyce and Fouad Dahmourne with the rest being future prospects.

The season got off to a cracker of a start with a home tie against St Johnstone in the Challenge Cup, and an awkward homecoming after just one week for Alan Reilly. We got off to a flyer and dispatched them 2-0. In the League cup we were away to East Stirling and although things went wobbly towards the end a 3-2 victory was enough to see us through and mark a second objective off for the season. The League Cup Second round was a home tie with Morton which we took 2-0 to progress to the third round for just the second time in my career.

In the league things went rather strangely. We won. And Won. And Won. In fact winning all five games so far to be 5 points clear at the top, meaning that we have won our last 8 matches in all competitions and our last 9 competitive matches. Surely it won't last?

Great start to the season. Keep it up.

1st December 2016 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

Board Expectations: Top half of table, 4th Round Scottish Cup, 2nd Round League Cup, 2nd Round Challenge Cup

Well things rather quickly turned around as we lost our first match of September 1-0 to First division struggler's Dunfermline in the Challenge cup third round. We would also exit the league cup, but losing 2-0 to a strong Hearts side is nothing to be ashamed of.

In the league our form started getting a bit more patchy, however our knack of turning an early goal around has seen us go strong and we remain at the top of the First Division by 4 points.

Again a few injuries in the past few months the big on being Fouad Dahmourne's broken foot which rules him out for the best part of the season.

I was also to be offered a job, with League One side Brighton and Hove Albion. I Delayed for two weeks before rejecting it as with my side still atop the table there is a good chance of either SPL football next season or a better job popping up.

The Scottish Cup Third Round brought a bit of a money spinner for us. A home tie against Non League side Fraserburgh. Nope not being sarcastic. This was to me by first match against Arch Rivals Fraserburgh and it was one I was really looking forward too after watching 5 years of cup draws fail to pair us I was over the moon when we were picked as the very first two names out the hat. The match started badly, conceding almost instantly from a DFK. But we fought back to register a 2-0 win and of course this.

fborogate.png

One other signing joined upon his contract expiray in the Emerald Isle. James Casserly originally intended as a replacement for his countryman Alan Reilly however with the squad firing well at the moment I am cautious to through him in (although he does look fantastic)

Thanks. Have now been offered the possibility of top flight football in Northern Ireland. They are currently 10/12 and are far enough clear of 11th to avoid the drop. If they season wasn't going so well I would jump at it, any opinions?

I would stay at Peterhead. Like you said if this season was not going as well then a move would be worth it but things are going well.

If you turned down Brighton I would definitely say no to that.

Yeah decision made and rejected - only reason I was interested was the guarantee of playing in a top division.

You could be on for that with Peterhead though :thup:.

1st February 2017 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

Firstly the January transfer window wasn't very active with two players in as I continue my search for a half decent striker, and one out

The players in were:

Shane O'Flynn - Free

Munyemana Hakizimana - 4k

The one player leaving was DM Steven Wardlaw who made 15 appearances for the club last season but hadn't featured once for the squad. He left for Burnley for £30k, a £16k profit. Central Defender Rhys Andrews also submitted an official transfer request in addition to an approach being made by Dundee Utd for £170k, however these were both rejected.

Our first league game in December was with Ross County and the team, still euphoric from their sweet victory over Fraserburgh, lost 1-0 in a **** poor performance. The beginning of the end for the teams dominance of the First Division came with a trip to Greenock, where we took an early lead thanks to an own goal, only for the unlucky sod to redeem himself by running us ragged for the rest of the game and allowing then second place Morton to score two more, only this time into the right net.

Our misery was compounded with a trip to third place Dundee the week after where again we failed to find the net, going down 2-0. At least there will be some easier fixtures now, right? Wrong. Next it was Fourth Place Falkirk paying us a visit and we scrapped a 1-1 draw thanks to Defender Paddy Barrett, and with Mortons victory over Dundee, slipped into second.

Next was the Scottish cup and I made a few changes for the meeting with 10th place Dunfermline (well the fixtures had to get easier eventually didn't they?) most notably handing the No 1 Jersey back to Drummond for his first start this season. The Gamble payed off and a 1-0 win saw us through. The Fifth round draw rather predictably picked out Hamilton for us. It wouldn't be a proper season without a cup tie with the Accies.

From our Cup win things stated going right a victory over Livingston looked set to put us back on top with Morton 2-1 down against St Johnston, however with 20 minutes to go they found the net 3 times to retain top spot and win 4-2. However when they lost to Falkirk the next week our form saw us through and regained the top spot.

7th May 2017 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 10th First Division

Board Expectations: Top Half Finish, 4th Round Scottish Cup, 2nd Round League Cup, 2nd Round Challenge Cup

So we started February with a visit from Hamilton in the Scottish Cup. It was a poor match but we pulled through it 2-1 thanks to a late goal and were through to the Quarter Final. With a few smaller teams still in the draw there was a decent chance of progression until we drew Cerltic away. At least it'll be a good payday.

Before that there was the small matter of three must win games against bottom half opposition. It started well with a win against St Johnstone however a loss to Ross County left me worried. We manages a 4-0 win over Dunfermline in the third to restore my confidence in the team going into our Quarter Final.

It was an exact opposite as we lost 4-0, however I really don't think we disgraced ourselves. Plus we made £300k for our troubles. Not too shabby.

Now our only focus was the league and our next three games were against Morton, Dundee and Falkirk, the same three teams that a bad run too knocked us out of pole position earlier in the season. This time we got off to a good start beating Morton, a 0-0 draw followed before we capped it off with a very poor win over Falkirk. We were now 8pts clear with just 5 games to go.

Our next game against Raith Rovers was on the Sunday and Morton failed to beat their opposition the day before. knowing that a win would leave us needing just one point to win promotion. Sadly we couldn't do it and dropped all three points. the same was true when we met Livingston the next week, however a resurgent Livingston side over took Moron with the victory throwing the whole race wide open.

From Absolutely nowhere we managed a 4-0 win over Airdrie in the next game, was this us pulling through? We now needed just 2 points to guarantee promotion and with Morton taking on Livingston in the next fixture, both still well within the title chase, it was all on. Of course the 4-0 win was just a blip in our form and normal service was resumed the next week with a defeat for us. The Livingston v Morton Game was 1-1 until very late and I was certain that the league was won, however a late Morton goal kept them it it and gave us a final day decider.

Now I say final day decider. In order for Morton to win they needed to win and us to lose. They also needed the combined goal difference on the day to be 15 or greater. Now I've been playing this game since CM97/98(I will always remember launching from MS DOS: cm97/98⏎ cm2⏎) and if theirs one thing I know, a 15 goal difference on the final day of the season will alway be overturned by the AI.

So it was to my absolute shock that upon losing 2-0 I saw that Morton had not infact won 13-0, but lost 2-1 to give us the title one the last day of the season. Not bad for the team predicted for dead last.

leaguee.png

So there were a few job offers to consider now, Dunfermline (Relegated from SD1), Carslile (Relegated from L1) or Peterhead (First Division Champions)

contractd.png

Bring on the SPL!

scottishfirstdivisionovv.png

2015/16 Peterhead  Scotland      First Division         1st      Won League, QF of Scottish Cup

Excellent achievement mate :applause:.

I would be jumping at the chance to take that job.

They wouldn't have me.

The Just had the board report in a loss of £1,681,718 last season due to the £2.2 million undersoil heating/stadium expansion. We're noe £1.4M in the red. This could be a fun season...

Hope you cen keep enough of the side together.

Its going to be a long hard season, but with the work you have done you should be able to get another job before it all goes bust.

7th May 2017 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 12th SPL

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation, 5th Round Scottish Cup, 3rd Round League Cup

The first order of business for the board was getting the ground up to spec, so they ordered a £2.2 Million program of upgrades plunging us deep into the red. In the 6 months the upgrades will take to complete we're going to groundshare with a non league side with a capacity of just 300, it really makes me worry how the board expect to pay our loan back with decisions like that when we're paying 16k a month in interest. There next step was for the club to go full time, which will hopefully give us a boost. They gave us no new money for the season ahead and only increased the wages to 11k per week, which is really going to make it hard to attract the calibre of players needed.

There were a good few leaving the club at the end of their contract of a free transfer, and Taran Singh Jheeta leaving on a £10k transfer. Callum Fordyce left on loan to Livingston on a £4.5k deal with an option to buy for a further £14k.

There were also a few players in:

peterheadtransfershisto.png

The key ones looking to be Andy Jackson, Anze Smukovic and Kirk Broadfoot who left Rangers at the end of his contract last season.

On the contract front the only player I couldn't get to agree a new deal was Jake Howells who was looking for £4k a week to stay with the club, he was offered around and despite Dundee Untied being reported as planning a £675k bid nothing materialised. It will be a bitter blow to lose him for nothing, especially given that a transfer of that magnitude could make a large dent in the bank balance.

Prior to the season getting underway there was the small matter of the League Cup second round draw, for a bonus point I'll let you see if you can guess who we got.

In the league things got off to a surprisingly good start, beating Inverness in front of a capacity crowd of 300 in convincing fashion. Followed up with a draw with Hearts and a very good performance in a 1-0 defeat at Ibrox.

We were at Tannadice next and caused an upset defeating Dundee United 1-0, which saw us go 3rd in the table.. A draw with St Mirren saw us finish the month in 5th place with just the League Cup to come.

So did you get it right? That's right the League Cup sent us to Hamilton once again. they game was 0-0 for the most part until an excellent strike by Jean-Pierre Bauduin put us 1-0 up, a quick reply by Hamilton saw it tied and the game to extra time. With penalties looming and just 5 minutes on the clock Massimo Luongo hit a fantastic strike to send us through to the third round.

clydesdalebankpremierlev.png

Great start to the season mate. Hope you can keep it going.

Cheers guys,

Here's an interesting Stat on the clubs annual wage bills - also note that Inverness CT won last season

clydesdalebankpremierle.png

Have just realised that I'm moving back into my 3,700 seater stadium 2 days after my first home old firm game against Rangers. Feel robbed of a big payday.

1st December 2017 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 12th SPL

Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation, 5th Round Scottish Cup, 3rd Round League Cup

we've been having a horrible time of it this season as expected and have fallen right down the table thanks, in part, to this:

Not much to say really beat Aberdeen 4-0 away in the league, then lose 1-0 to them in the cup a week later. The 3-1 defeat to Partick Thistle was shocking, especially as we went 3-0 down and only managed a late consolation goal. We managed to fight back to 4-2 from 4-0 at half time against Inverness but I think they just got complacent. The Win over Hearts was excellent and we played well for the first half hour against Rangers until conceding a penalty so I'm hopeful that we're on our way to turning things around.

clydesdalebankpremierlew.png

I'm not confident of being able to bring anyone in in January as I can't afford to pay reasonable wages for this level. Eyes well and truly on the job centre

Suddenly a Challenger appears:

peterliddellnewsinbox3.png

Stoke: Currently 9th in the Championship with a predicted finish of 9th

Southampton Currently 13th in the Championship with a predicted finish of 10th

Stoke Financial Status: Rich

Southamption Financial Status: Secure (Loan debt of £20M)

I think Stoke get the nod, unless anyone else comes in....

1st December 2017 - Peterhead - Media Prediction 12th SPL

My last game in charge of Peterhead was to be our first real home game of the season with Motherwell visiting the Balmoor for the match.

Although we dominated it, outshooting them by 3-1 there was only to be one goal in the game with defender Rhys Andrews claiming the dubious honour of the first goal in the SPL at the Peterhead Ground, into his own net.

A capacity crowd of 3,700 turned out to see the match which broke the gate receipt record for the club.

I really hope that Peterhead can stay up without me and I will make sure to subscribe to them and keep you updated at the end of the season. However if you'll excuse me, I have a train South to catch.

clydesdalebankpremierlee.png

2015/16 Peterhead  Scotland      First Division         1st      Won League, QF of Scottish Cup
2016/17 Peterhead  Scotland      SPL                    10th*    Left in December