Can YOU become THE most expensive player - 2012 Edition - Game Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 2012- Stepping Stones

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this Special transfer edition of Future Stars, is Mr Personality himself, Alan Shearer.

Alan: Hello Andy, thanks for inviting me on today. I know for myself that transfer windows can be stressful, you have your agent telling you one thing, your manager, team mates and the papers telling you something different.

Andy: It's great to get your expert advice Alan.

Alan: I think a few of our stars could be moving in this window, they have had time to establish themselves and we have already seen that Steve Duffy has been recruited for Blackpools Premier League campaign.

Andy: Right now he is our Most Expensive Future Star, and he could have a really big season for Blackpool.

Alan: I think it is a make or break season for the youngster, and I have every faith in the lad.

Andy: Well before we look at the transfers Alan who do you think has shown the most potential so far?

Alan: Well Bjorn Bjornsson at Bolton seems to have had the most first team action at the highest level, and looks like he could be a star, but i really like the look of the big Zambian Gamba Goma. I just think he may have moved a bit too young.

Andy: So let's hope we can see him play more...prehaps on loan at a championship club.

Alan: That would be perfect for the youngster.

1st July 2012

Alan: A news report just in from Richard Keys who is in Italy for us.

Richard: Hello Alan, I hope you are keeping my seat warm for me.

Alan: I certainly am Richard.

Richard: News in from Italy. Triestina have delayed the decision about Lorenzos Co-Ownership agreement for another year, which means he will be staying at the club for the remainder of the 2012/2013 season unless both Triestina and Lecce accept an offer for their respective shares in the youngster.

5th July 2012

Andy: It has been rumoured that Long Tym Quaker may be leaving Tenerife for Bari or Almeria, of Serie A and Liga BBVA respectively.

6th July 2012

Alan: Good news for one star, and not so good for another. Which first Andy?

Andy: Good news first Alan.

Alan: Zaragoza of Liga BBVA have had a loan offer for Udinese's Mundungus Shacklebolt accepted. No fee will be paid, and it is up to Shacklebolt to accept the offer, if he wants to try his luck in Spain.

Andy: He has also been told that if he accepts the move he will be seeing more first team football in Spain than he currently is at Udinese.

Andy: And the bad news Alan?

Alan: The young lad from Bolton who I tipped earlier has suffered an Injury Setback and will be out for around 4 weeks with a Sports Hernia. Andy I have had one of those myself. It certainly can not be trained with, unless you like a popping sensation in your leg when you go to kick the ball.

Andy: That means Bjornsson will miss most of pre-season, it will be interesting to see how he recovers from this. The curse of the commentator has shown its face here.

8th July 2012

"Wenger has stepped down as Arsenal Manager and has accepted the French National Job"

9th July 2012

Andy: More news from Italy, which means more news from Richard Keys.

Alan: How is Italy Richard?

Richard: I am enjoying it thank you very much, they really do have the best food. Which is why you can't blame Eighteen Rabbit, for his interest in a role at Atalanta.

Andy: We have heard about that interest, but we hear you have more news for us.

Richard: Yes Atalanta have had a £6million offer accepted by USBCO, and it is just up to Rabbit to agree personal terms with the club.

Alan: That is likely?

Richard: Yes, we have heard that Rabbit is in Italy now, and meeting with the club later this afternoon to discuss contract terms.

Andy: Thank you once again for the most up to date news Richard, and enjoy that food.

Richard: Thank you, I will!

10th July 2012

Andy: Back to Richard In Italy.

Richard: We have some more news.

Alan: Is it an arrival or a departure?

Richard: Sadly a departure, although it may not be a permanent one. Mundungus Shacklebolt has accepted the loan offer from Zaragoza, even though there was reported interest from Espanyol.

Andy: We understand he will be there until the end of the season.

Richard: That is right Andy. We will see if he has more luck in Spain than he has had here in Italy.

11th July 2012

Andy: Once again we are with Richard Keys.

Richard: This is starting to become less of a holiday.

Alan: So what is the news Richard?

Richard: Atalanta have officially unveiled Eighteen Rabbit as their new signing. USBCO receiving a record fee of £6million for the youngster. It will be in instalments over 18 months and they will have to pay USBCO 10% of any future profits on Rabbit.

Alan: Did the personal terms go smoothly?

Richard: They did, he is apparently on £21k a week, and has signed a five year contract. Atalanta boss Stefano Colantuono has stated that Rabbit is a huge coup for the club and will be seeing a lot of football at Atalanta.

Andy: Thank you once again Richard. It looks like all the dealings are going on in Italy.

14th July 2012

"David Moyes has been chosen as the man to follow in Arsene Wengers footsteps, as he has taken on the role of Manager of Arsenal FC."

16th July 2012

Andy: News just in that Long Tym Quaker has signed a new contract at Tenerife.

Alan: Warding off any interest from Bari or Almeria.

Andy: He will now be on £2.3k a week until July 2015.

Alan: A small raise of £200 a week and a year extension. Smart move by the powers that be at Tenerife. Still with a big release clause of £25million.

29th July 2012

Andy: News from England.

Alan: Huddersfield have had a loan offer accepted for Manchester United youngster Arawn Moridin.

Andy: But with Nottingham Forest and Zurich also interested in a loan move, who knows where the Norwegian U21 may end up.

Andy: That is it for July, we will bring you more news as we get it throughout August.

Alan: Good night and thanks for tuning in to Sky Sports Future Stars.

Still alive bud! Still been a bit under the weather, but i am coaching a game tonight, and then will have some quality FM time, so i may be able to get an update or at least start it today.

It will be to conclude the transfer window!

August 2012- Stepping Stones

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this Special transfer edition of Future Stars, is Mr Personality himself, Alan Shearer.

Alan: We are here today to see if there is any more movement during the last month of the transfer window.

3rd August 2012

Andy: Today we have heard that Arawn Moridin has accepted Huddersfields offer of loan, and will be joining up with the squad to try and help their Championship campaign.

Alan: He is also joined by Bebe and Pogba who have both been loaned to Huddersfield this window.

Andy: With the young trio from Man U they may have a good season Alan.

Alan: We will have to wait and see Andy, there are alot of strong teams in this division.

3rd September 2012

Andy: A lack of transfer movement from our Future Stars in August means a quick end to the show.

Alan: Although August was a big month for Arsenal, with Hamsik and Jagielka joining the club for a combined 40 million.

Andy: Also although this show is about our players performance we can't help but congratulate Steve Duffy on his debut performance for Blackpool.

Alan: The game which was live on Sky Sports saw the youngster score for Blackpool in their 1-1 home draw with Manchester United.

Andy: Before we leave we are going to just quickly look at the Premier League table as it is looking odder than ever.

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

August - December 2012- 2nd Season Syndrome?

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this edition of Future Stars is the one, the only, Richard Keys.

Richard: Today we will be rounding up the careers of our future stars to date. How have they faired in their second season?

Andy: Have they lost their spark? Encountered second season syndrome?

Richard: Or have they blossomed? Become major players?

Andy: Find out today on FUTURE STARS!!!

Richard Paldaninnii (Aml/St) - Southampton

Andy: Great first year, promotion and a good goals to game ratio. How has his second year been Richard?

Richard: ​Well for a team that is languishing in the relegation zone it has been pretty good. He has 3 goals to his name in 13 appearances, and has been playing well.

Andy: He has also been playing better recently with his goals for the club all coming in the last 2 months.

Richard: Partly due to that broken arm he sustained in early September which kept him out for over 6 weeks.

Andy: True, but even before that he wasn't exactly stealing the stage at Southampton.

Richard: Remember he is still young and playing in a newly promoted team. For that reason I am going to give him a B+ on his report card. Doing well but not setting the world on fire.

Andy: You heard it here first folks, Richard is becoming a teacher and giving our stars report cards.

Josh Wilson (Amc/Amr) - Alaves

Richard: Wilson has had an average start to his second campaign with Alaves

Andy: 2 goals in 8 starts for an attacking midfielder come winger is not a bad return Richard.

Richard: You are right Andy, however I have a feeling he could be doing better. Remember this is the star in the lowest league.

Andy: That is right, but it takes time to develop class, and I believe the youngster has it in him somewhere.

Richard: Oh of that I am certain, but how long will it take him to really show it?

Andy: We will have to wait and see. Also he still hasn't shown it on the International stage. 5 caps for Latvia, but no goals or standout performances to comment on. With Latvia looking unlikely to make it to the World Cup, sitting in 4th out of 6 in their group. 6 points off the leaders So what grade are you giving Wilson, Richard?

Richard: Taking into account the league he is playing in, and the fact he is out for 5 weeks with a fracture wrist, after an injury in late November.....A C+ on his report card. Should be showing more class in the league he is in, also should make a name for himself on the International stage.

Long Tym Quaker (Amr/St) - Tenerife

Andy: How has the young man from San Marino been getting on Andy?

Richard: Well even though the raw stats don't show it, he has actually been doing very well.

Andy: The raw stats say that he has one goal in 13 appearances and 6 assists for Tenerife.

Richard: However even though the goals haven't been flowing he has been in superb form. 2 MOM awards and praise from the fans with his vibrant displays.

Andy: The winger come striker has also been very active for San Marino. 6 International games so far this season, but yet to register a goal or assist.

Richard: Although once again he has played well and got a MOM award.

Andy: But he should be scoring more goals Richard.

Richard: I can see your point, but remember first he is a winger. Therefore on that basis, and the fact that the assists have come every other start i am going to give him a B on his report card.

Could be scoring more goals, but if he keeps performing well and assisting no one can have any big complaints.

Mike Nevo (Amc/St) - RC Lens

Richard: Another lad who may wish to score a few more goals, but is still having a good start to the season, is Mike Nevo.

Andy: The young American playing in France has score 2 goals in 9 starts for the club.

Richard: He also added to his goal tally for the USA first team, coming off the bench, scoring a goal and setting another one up.

Andy: That makes it 3 goals in 6 International appearances for Nevo.

Richard: A record that is impressive by anyones standard.

Andy: Report card?

Richard: B+. A couple of goals, 3 assists, a great performance for the national team, and the only thing he really needs to improve is his goalscoring abilities.

Andy: Let's just hope he can keep it up, after just returning from 4 weeks on the treatment table with a hamstring injury.

hey guys, start putting your players name in your posts, as i get confused. For example, instead of i am pretty happy i didnt move, i am pretty happy <Insert players name> didn't move :)

If Duffy doesn't get a B in his report card, I'm grounding him with no TV for 2 weeks!

haha, well you will have to wait and see how well he does. Unfortunastely i am coaching for the next hour, and then on cooking duty :S

Great update and I like the report card aswell! Are you going to keep an actual record of the report card? You could post it on the Offical Post and then we can keep a track of things each year :D

I'm not too worried by Mike Nevo's lack of goalscoring as I created him to be a creative force, rather than an out and out goalscorer. He's definately showing he can be creative with 3 assists, probably should have a few more, but his Average Rating speaks for itself, so he must be doing some good things on the pitch!

I'm also happy to be joint top on the report card so far :)

Great update and I like the report card aswell! Are you going to keep an actual record of the report card? You could post it on the Offical Post and then we can keep a track of things each year :D

I'm not too worried by Mike Nevo's lack of goalscoring as I created him to be a creative force, rather than an out and out goalscorer. He's definately showing he can be creative with 3 assists, probably should have a few more, but his Average Rating speaks for itself, so he must be doing some good things on the pitch!

I'm also happy to be joint top on the report card so far :)

Swot :p

August - December 2012- 2nd Season Syndrome? Pt 2

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this edition of Future Stars is the one, the only, Richard Keys.

Richard: we start today with a trip to Italy.

Edoardo Lorenzo (Ml/Amr) - Triestina

Richard: Edoardo has been in tremendous form for Triestina, and the decision to stay has been a great one.

Andy: The youngster certainly has impressed in his 14 games for the club this season.

Richard: 3 goals 8 assists and a MOM award. He has been the lifeblood of Triestina, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Lecce try to buy out the remainder of his contract come the end of season.

Andy: He clearly has too much talent for the level he is playing in, and it can't be long before someone notices. The Injury that kept him out for 2 weeks certainly hasn't appeared to have an effect on his career at all.

Richard: So far he has performed better than anyone else in my opinion Andy, so he gets an A on my report card. Keep showing the talent and you will go far.

Andy: I couldn't agree more Richard.

Jake Stothard (Amc/Mc) - Sheff Wed

Andy: Back to England to cast a look at Jake Stothard.

Richard: Last season he had a modest return of 10 assists in 44 games, and we knew improvement was needed.

Andy: However it looks like the same old story with Stothard. Still not showing his true talent and still yet to score, with 5 assists in 20 games.

Richard: It looks like it could be the same result as last season.

Andy: He should be doing better, with Sheff Wed riding high, 1st place in league 1.

Richard: He has had the opportunities, but so far has failed to live up to his name as a Future Star.

Andy: Report card?

Richard: A D, you aren't passing this course son. Improvements needed and fast, or else you may always be just a League 1 player.

Andy: And a fairly average one at that.

Steve Duffy - (St/Amr) - Blackpool - £8.75 Million

Richard: Staying in England for Steve Duffy related news.

Andy: The youngster left his homeland, and Rangers to join Blackpool for £8.75 million in the summer, and how has he done so far?

Richard: He has performed admirably, and is part of the reason Blackpool are battling so hard to avoid going straight back down to the Championship.

Andy: It is close with Blackpool only 1 point away from safety.

Richard: He is their second top scorer with 6 goals in 18 appearances and has been playing pretty well.

Andy: He has also been happy with his first International cap against Wales.

Richard: Unfortunately it was a 4-0 loss in a dreadful World Cup qualifying campaign that sees Scotland bottom of the group with 1 point from 4 games.

Andy: Report card Richard?

Richard: C+,doing just enough to pass as well as battling hard in a team that is struggling. Needs a few more special performances and has to add an assist or two to his name to continue improving.

Bjorn Bjornsson (Amr/St) - Bolton

Andy: Once again staying in England and the Premier League with Bjornsson of Bolton.

Richard: I don't think that's a name that will stick Andy.

Andy: He has started the campaign in a similar fashion to the last one.

Richard: Not very impressively.

Andy: You are right, only 1 goal and 1 assist to talk of in the last 17 games.

Richard: He has been trained by manager Owen Coyle (now at Villa) and McLeish (From Villa to Bolton) to play in a midfield right position.

Andy: Which may explain why he is not scoring as he should, but where are the assists Richard?

Richard: That is something only Bjorn knows. Maybe a move may freshen him up, and give him a chance to play as a striker or an attacking winger.

Andy: He certainly has not shone like a star yet Richard.

Richard: Report Card...D. Another one failing, and big improvements needed if you think you can play with the big boys Bjorn.

Geraint Alacarde (Aml/St) - Barcelona - £2.75 Million

Andy: Has been banded about from Barcelona B to Barcelona. But now seems to have found a place in the first team.

Richard: Although that place is mainly on the subs bench.

Andy: 2 league goals and a cup goal to his name. In 1 start and 13 sub appearances.

Richard: The start was in the Champions League group win over HSV. Although strangely enough he was subbed after 31 mins, and was having an average night.

Andy: But just being around a team like Barcelona must be good for the youngster.

Richard: There are however concerns as Guardiola, just left for the Spain job, and has the side in 4th place 7 points off top with a game in hand.

Andy: Laudrup is the new man at the Camp Nou, and has some work to do if he has plans of winning the league.

Richard: He is yet to take charge of a game and it will be interesting to see whether Alacarde stays in the first team or not.

Andy: He has 2 international caps to his name, although both have been in friendly wins, over Sweden and Latvia respectively.

Richard: Belgium are in that same qualifying group as Scotland, and are also not performing as expected, with 5 points from 4 games they find themselves in 3rd, 7 points away from leaders Wales.

Andy: Report Card?

Richard: C, you may have done well to get yourself into a team like Barcelona, but needs to make more of the opportunities you are getting. Especially if you want to impress the new gaffer.

Archived