Can YOU become THE most expensive player - 2012 Edition - Game Thread

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August - December 2012- 2nd Season Syndrome? Pt 3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdhd0VCKwMeh5_w5CcqAqSP6YaapxHUC4xmKmu0ch6Eb_gtVMJ&t=1

Hello and welcome to another edition of Sky Sports Future Stars.

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this edition of Future Stars is the one, the only, Richard Keys.

Richard: We start off today with a trip to Spain and the Liga Adelante.

Luke Corcoran (Amc/Mc) - Barcelona B

Andy: Luke has found a home in the B team, and as of yet has not produced anything to suggest that he is bound to be showing his face among the elite stars such as Xavi, Messi and Iniesta.

Richard: Luke still has not impressed too much, but has done enough not to count himself as one of our rare flops.

Andy: It is not often on Future Stars that we get it wrong , and I hope that Luke can show us that we didn't make a mistake this time.

Richard: 2 goals and 2 assists from a midfield player is not too bad, but certainly not what we were hoping for.

Andy: Let's just hope that he develops in the B team, and make his way up the rankings sooner rather than later. The good news is he recently signed a 2 and a half year contract, which has a minimum fee release of £7.25 million, which suggest the coaches have their eye on the Irishman still.

Richard: C- on his report card. At that level you should be making your presence known Luke. Get amongst the goals some more and make a name for yourself.

Mundungus Shacklebolt (Aml/St) - Zaragoza (Loan)

Andy: The loan move from Udinese to Zaragoza was supposed to kick start his career. However it seems to have stalled it at the moment.

Richard: 1 goal from 17 appearances and it is not like he is making up for the lack of goals with further contributions to the team.

Andy: He is low on confidence, and in a side that is struggling just one place above the relegation zone.

Richard: He no doubt has talent, but can he get over this crisis of confidence.

Andy: He will certainly have to change something soon, if he wants to really make a name for himself.

Richard: Well Andy I'm sure you could guess what this report card would say.

Andy: A big fat F?

Richard: An F with a note home.Improvement must be made. You need to show the talent you have, and fast.

Arawn Moridin (Amr/St) - Huddersfield (Loan) - £4.4 Million

Andy: Moved down the leagues to play regular first team football in the Championship and so far has shown that it was a great decision.

Richard: He has excelled at this level and scored 9 goals in 21 games.

Andy: This prompted Manchester United to warn other clubs off by offering the young Norwegian a contract until July 2015, which he duly accepted.

Richard: He has already scored more goals this campaign than he did in his first campaign in the Championship with Peterborough, which suggests he has learnt something from United.

Andy: He recently suffered a defeat in a U21 European championship play-off game, which will disappoint him, but should help him grow in character.

Richard: B+ for the youngster. Taking into account the level you are in you have done well. Just make sure you can now make the step up..

Gamba Goma (Sw/Dc) - Man City - £2.9 Million

Andy: Some questioned Goma when he made the move to Manchester.

Richard: So far he has shown that it may be the best decision of his life, with some cameos in the first team.

Andy: And some truly impressive performances.

Richard: He is yet to cement a regular place, but he is surely an up and coming star, and one city will want to keep tied up for the years to come.

Andy: He could also experience a Major Trophy, the BPL, if City keep up the pressure on surprise league leaders Liverpool.

Richard: Report card states, B. Great work in getting a few appearances in the first team, no push for a first team spot.

Eighteen Rabbit (Amr/Mr) - Atalanta - £6 Million

Andy: While it certainly won't go down as the most successful start to a new club, Eighteen Rabbit hasn't done too bad.

Richard: Yet to show the form that had fans raving in France though Andy.

Andy: 2 goals in 14 appearances although not stellar for a winger, is a decent return.

Richard: However the big 0 in the assists column, is the main worry.

Andy: True Richard. He still has a ot of potential, and settling in to do.

Richard: Yes, but because of the less than stellar start I am going to give him a C- on his report.

Andy: A bit harsh maybe.

Richard: Maybe but it will state - Not easy to move clubs and countries, but you are back home. Show everyone what you are capable off and have a second half of the season to talk about.

Andy: Well that's it for tonight folks. Once again thank you for joining us on Sky Sports Future Stars.

I guess Moridin have to stay at Huddersfield untill the summer.

Hopes he keeps his form and I'd want a loan move for next season as well. Hopefully to a mid table top division team and with a loan fee :D

Quite happy for Duffy to stay at Blackpool for the now but really need them to stay up! Its so tight at the bottom so if I can have a good second half to the season and bang in some more goals I reckon we'll avoid the drop!Just.

January 2012- Transfer window?

Andy: Hello I am Andy Gray, and with me today for this edition of Future Stars is the one, the only, Richard Keys.

Richard: I wonder if this will be the window with all of the excitement we crave Andy?

Andy: Well Richard, I have a feeling there could be a few deals made in the next few weeks.

Richard: Well i certainly hope so Andy, the fans have been waiting long enough for this day.

Andy: I have also been waiting for this day. The day before we get ready to go to Chile.

Richard: For work of course andy...

Andy: Oh yes becuase all of our stars are moving to Chile Richard.

7th January 2012

Richard: A week into the transfer window, and still not a sign of any movement.

Andy: No rumours, no hype, even the Guardian Rumour Mill hasn't given us any hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a blackburn fan, just don't like Liverpool.

Chile was AMAZING

Nice to have you nicole.

Will try get an update up soon, busy back at work, and off sick today :(

But still should get something up.

Next update is coming soon!

January 2012- Transfer window?

Richard: Well there really isn't much of a show today.

Andy: That is right, the Transfer window has closed, and strangely enough none of our stars have moved.

Richard: Everyone has stayed at their current clubs. No bids made public. No loans, nothing exciting really.

Andy: Well there is no point in dwelling on what might have been.

Richard: That is right. Even though we have no news at this moment, make sure you stay tuned in.

Andy: Although we do have news of a contract Extension Richard.

Richard: Yes Edoardo Lorenzo has extended his stay at Triestina until 2016.

Andy: Which means that Lecce have to decide whether they want to sign him this July.

Richard: What's your bet Andy?

Andy: I honestly think the young Italian will stay with Triestina, and keep on playing first team football.

Richard: Well folks we will have to wait and see. Join us again next time for...

Both together: FUTURE STARS!!

Waiting for a few more to post here then will release update (

Only half of you here! But i will keep it up, just may knock some people off.

Keep your eyes glued here for the next few days :)

January - June 2012- One step closer

Richard: Today we have a great show. We will be wrapping up the season and see how our Future Stars fare.

Andy: Will Tenerife win promotion to Liga BBVA? Will any of our stars win trophies? Has anyone caught the attentions of a rival club?

Richard: All of this and more will be revealed in tonights episode of Future Stars.

Long Tym Quaker (Aml/Ml) – Tenerife

Andy: Tenerife have been in and around the title hunt all season. With many predicting a play off finish.

Richard: With Long Tym Toons help that prediction became a reality. Tenerife finished 3rd and had a Playoff spot.

Andy: He played well all season, and although they may have wished for a few more goals they have to be happy with the youngster.

Richard: 35 appearances with good ratings, 7 assists and a solitary goal. But unfortunately he will not be making his name in the Liga BBVA next season.

Andy: Over the 2 legged playoff semi final, Tenerife bowed out to a strong Celta side, who incidently lost in the Final against Las Palmas, even though it was a 3-3 draw.

Richard: Because of the strange Spanish rule that if it is a draw then the higher seed goes through.

Andy: Next year, if Quaker stays, I'm sure that Tenerife will be back in the title hunt.

Report Card - C+ - A good effort but nothing spectacular. Should be chipping in with a few more goals at this level.

Jake Stothard (Amc/Mc) - Sheff Wed - History

Andy: A good year for Stothard, in which he sees the glory of promotion.

Richard: Sheffield Wednesday finished Runner-up to Sheffield United, which means the rivalry can continue in the Championship.

Andy: The media actually predicts that both will stay up, and I think that young Stothard could be a vital part of that.

Richard: His 11 assists last season were vital, and his goal was appreciated as well.

Andy: As well as his consistent performances. Surely one they will be desperate to keep a hold of.

Report Card - C+ - The same as Quaker. Some great assists and performances, but should be getting his name on the scoresheet.

Mike Nevo(Amc/St) - RC Lens - History

Richard: Another good season for Nevo. Although he has not been in the National team for a while now.

Andy: A move may solve that problem however.

Richard: But playing so well at Lens, they will not want to sell. His 5 goal, 4 assists and 4 MOM awards tell the story of how wonderful he is playing.

Andy: Everyone has their price Richard.

Richard: Now we have more cameras and scouts in France, which means he will be easier to follow, which may give him that fanbase here on Sky Sports Future Stars.

Report Card - B - A solid season, with some great goals, assists and MOM awards. The Scouts should be watching closely, give them something to shout about.

Josh Wilson (Amc/Mr) - Alaves

Richard: Wilson still stuck in the lowest division of our stars, Segunda B2.

Andy: But seems happy and is playing well 4 goals and 5 assists in 18 games is not to be laughed at.

Richard: He will be hoping his talents get him to a bigger stage soon. He does however have to keep off the treatment table, over 5 weeks out in the second half of the season, with a damaged foot and elbow.

Andy: Thats right he needs top competition and top coaches to reach his potential.

Richard: I'm sure his agent is furiously uploading to Youtube as we speak Andy.

Report Card - C+ - A pretty good performance, but at this level you should be showing more.

Edoardo Lorenzo (Ml/Amr) - Triestina/Lecce - £430k Co ownership

Richard: Lorenzo is another of our stars in a league that is below him.

Andy: The C leagues in Italy are still good competition but Lorenzo is not being pushed hard enough and doesn't have the right competition.

Richard: Will Lecce call upon him?

Andy: I think they should. He has been a consistent performer and has shone this season with 7 goals and 15 assists.

Richard: No doubt that is the kind of form which has to get other clubs sniffing around.

Andy: If Lecce don't buy out his contract they are missing on an opportunity here.

Report Card - A-(Minus) - The Standout performer in this show, and surely big things are to come. Keep performing like this and the likes of Juve, Inter and co are sure to come knocking.

Steve Duffy (Amr/St) - Blackpool - £8.75million - History

Richard: A good season for Duffy, however ultimately it is dissapointment as he can't keep his new club in the Premier League.

Andy: Only 3 wins and 22 points saw Blackpool finish bottom. Despite 7 goals for the club in his 35 games Duffy just couldn't do enough to keep them up.

Richard: A reasonable season, but for £8.75million Blackpool may have expected a bit more.

Andy: I disagree, 7 goals in a team that only scored 38 all season is not a bad tally.

Richard: BUT, the 0 assists show that he may not be a team player.

Andy: Touché my friend Touché.

Richard: Still no more caps for Scotland, and he will have to have a great season in the Championship if he wants to get back onto the National Team Radar.

Report Card - C-(Minus) - More was expected, and you will have to prove yourself in the Championship. If not you will become one of footballs ever increasing flops.

Archived