Andorran Glory - Featuring Jesus

cpfc543

European Update (spoiler):

Got through to the champions cup playoff. If we win we go through to the groups and if we lose (the most likely) we get £1.8m!!!

Awesome news.

Yeah it really helps and should mean we can progress even faster and produce more talent.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The European Adventure 2024

Slovan Bratislava 1 - 1 Penya Encarnada (2nd Qualifying Round Leg 1)

Slovan began the match the stronger with a goal coming in just the 13th minute. For the rest of the game we outperformed by the Slovakian team but got a lucky goal from YP49 in the second half to get us a draw and more importantly an away goal.

Penya Encarnada 3 - 1 Slovan Bratislava (2nd Qualifying Round Leg 2)

We needed a win to progress and that is exactly what we got. YP47 scored twice and YP49 scored once to get us 3 goals to help us progress through to the next round. A superb win against a tough team.

Penya Encarnada 3 - 2 M. Tel Aviv (3rd Qualifying Round Leg 1)

I have heard of Tel Aviv in real life so I assumed this would be a very tough game but it actually proved to be a pretty equal match. An own goal from them, a penalty from YP64 and a cool finish from YP47 got us 3 goals and the win. Annoyingly they got two away goals which meant that we needed a win in the away leg - a tough ask.

M. Tel Aviv 1 - 3 Penya Encarnada (3rd Qualifying Round Leg 2)

Wow! I wasn't expecting that. Two goals from YP26, a defender, and a goal from YP57 to end his goal drought meant for the third match in a row we scored 3 times! We scored an own goal late on but luckily for us it really didn't matter! Progression to the Champions Cup play-offs!

FC RB Salzburg 5 - 0 Penya Encarnada (Champions Play-off Leg 1)

The aim was to concede less than 4 goals but we didn't even achieve that! We concede 5 goals and in the end didn't even have a single shot in the whole game. A disappointing loss but I was fully expecting it so I was too unhappy.

Penya Encarnada 0 - 2 FC RB Salzburg (Champions Play-off Leg 2)

Much better than the first leg but I guess that was expected as it was the home leg. The highlight of the match for me was having 2 shots on target, however bad they were. The great thing about getting this far is the prize money - Penya have earned £1.8m from this cup run. Amazing.

Edit: Just realised we have got into the Euro Cup group stages! Another £800k and a longer pre season... great!

Pre-season Update

Penya Encarnada p0 - 0 FC Lusitans (Andorran Super Cup)

What a boring match! Despite a European game being just 4 days after this match I still played my first team as I was hoping to get the game finished within the 90 minutes. However it was no to be as both teams missed easy opportunities in the first 90 minutes and then again in extra time. The penalties were strange as we missed early penalties but FC Lusitans couldn't hold their nerve. They had the ability to win it but their player YP40 missed! It was great to see him help us once again. Next up - EURO CUP!

Penya scorers: None

Penya MoM: YP25

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1662

Transfers - OUT

I released 9 players which included 4 youth prospects mainly due to their lack of ability for a top team in Andorra, or their lack to agree a contract extension (YP52). YP42, YP59 and YP46 weren't good enough consistently so I let their contract run out. I wanted to keep YP52 as I wanted the ability to make sure he gets a new club but sadly he wouldn't agree a contract extension. Since releasing YP59 he has signed for Santa Coloma.

Transfers - IN

YP64 - Been watching him score many times for the U19s in the past few years so have decided to make him a youth prospect.

YP65 - Came from last season's youth candidates team and looks to be an extremely good striker.

YP66 - I needed another midfielder to replace YP42/YP59 so I got this gem, he looks to be a good player.

YP67 - He has long hair!

Board Expectations - Winners

My Expectations - Winners

Yeah, at least you didn't get in groups C or D which look awful. Congrats on getting through and for turning pro!

To be fair it really doesn't matter which group I'm in as I think I would probably get 0 points in all of those groups.

Despite it saying the stadium would be ready for use in 2026 it seems to have been early which is nice.

RamazanJesusNews_Inbox-134.png

The annoying thing is that we have a run of 4 away games just about to start so the first game at the new stadium will be in a month or so's time.

Welcome to playing the big boys of Europe.
On the European front, it can only get better! :D
Hope you can keep the next match in single digits. :D
At least they are away games not the home games. That a bonus :p

Thanks guys. You genuinely made me laugh :lol:.

Next update shortly

League: Games 1 to 5

24.9.2024: Penya Encarnada 4 - 0 Sant Julia

We needed a solid win to raise the morale and that is what we got. YP47 scored once, YP65 scored twice on his league debut and YP57 got us our fourth goal to win the match comfortably. A great way to start the season off.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP65 (2), YP57 (1)

Penya MoM: YP65

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 1800 (FULL)

29.9.2024: FC Lusitans 2 - 2 Penya Encarnada

Last season FC Lusitans performed amazingly so I considered them to now be tough opposition. The result was a 2-2 draw with YP47 and YP65 scoring our only two goals. We could have won it but YP64 missed a penalty late in the match, but a point is good enough.

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP65 (1)

Attendance at FC Lusitans Stadium: 913

7.10.2024: FC Rangers 1 - 1 Penya Encarnada

A game against recently promoted FC Rangers should have been easy, but it really wasn't. As the stats show, FC Rangers played much better than us and got a deserved equaliser in the 88th minute. Our performance was disappointing but I guess that's what happens when our morale is severly low.

Penya scorers: YP56 (1)

Penya MoM: YP26

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 558

27.10.2024: Penya Encarnada 2 - 0 Inter d'Escaldes

This was our first game in our new stadium and I needed a win. A record 2991 people came to see us beat Inter 2-0 with goals coming from YP55 and YP65. A confident display that was surely helped by the volume of the crowd. A great result!

Penya scorers: YP55 (1), YP65 (1)

Penya MoM: YP55

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 2991

30.10.2024: Penya Encarnada 3 - 2 Santa Coloma

This was our second game in the new stadium and we treated a crowd of 3618 to an epic game. At half time Santa Coloma were leading 2-0 but undeservedly so. I game the team a stern telling off and three second half goals from YP47, YP49 and YP33 sealed the win. A great come back!

Penya scorers: YP47 (1), YP49 (1), YP33 (1)

Penya MoM: YP49

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 3618

Finances

We currently have around £4,170,000 in the bank. This is due to our extended participation in the European cups which have hauled in over £2.5 million. I already have youth facilities planned for next year and I will be looking to spend this money in other ways as well.

U19s

What an awful start to their season. 3 wins and 5 losses was not the start I was hoping for.

Managers Thoughts

Although the results have been decent, the actual team selection has been awful. Due to them playing more games than usual and most of them being very young they are literally falling to pieces. At times I have had 7 injuries and another couple suspended leaving me with a fairly weak team. Thankfully the squad depth is good enough to still grind out results. Looking forward to 2025 when the European pain finally ends.

Best Players: YP47, YP55, YP65

Target: 11 points

Result: 11 points

LEAGUE TABLE

I'm wondering how much better you expect the home games to be :p

Probably not much different, although I hope the extra support at home games will help.

Didn't got it... Didn't you just changed to the new stadium? Why it's the old stadium name on the recent games? (Your stadium is called Santa Coloma Stadium???)

My bad, edited it. It's good to see people actually read my posts.

League: Games 6 to 10

3.11.2024: Principat 2 - 2 Penya Encarnada

An equal match between two strong teams resulted in an entertaining draw. YP47 scored at the start and end of the first half whilst they scored in between. A fair result given how both teams played.

Penya scorers: YP47 (2)

Penya MoM: YP47

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 262

13.11.2024: Penya Encarnada 1 - 0 FC Rangers

Although we played much better than FC Rangers we only won it thanks to a contraversial penalty. We should have scored in open play but couldn't - very annoying.

Penya scorers: YP33 (1)

Penya MoM: YP38

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 2331

24.11.2024: Penya Encarnada 2 - 2 FC Lusitans

We absolutely dominated FC Lusitans but for whatever reason couldn't get the ball in the net. Goals from YP65 and YP57 made sure that we didn't completely embarass ourselves and pick up a draw. We really should be converting our chances much more often.

Penya scorers: YP65 (1), YP57 (1)

Penya MoM: YP61

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 2841

27.11.2024: Sant Julia 0 - 3 Penya Encarnada

Finally a good performance to be proud of... and we converted our chances! YP47 got a goal in either half and YP64 got a great goal just after the hour mark to get us the win. Very proud of the team.

Penya scorers: YP47 (2), YP64 (1)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 301

1.12.2024: Santa Coloma 1 - 1 Penya Encarnada

We needed a win but couldn't get one. Overall we did create more chances than Santa Coloma and really should have got a second goal but a draw against strong opposition away from home is a good result. Not long until the Euro Cup is over!

Penya scorers: YP47 (1)

Attendance at Santa Coloma Stadium: 1179

Finances

We currently have around £4,000,000 in the bank. We are currently losing large amounts of money each month but luckily for us we have a lot of money spare and also a very helpful board who love to inject cash.

Best Players

Defender - YP38

Midfielder - YP64

Striker - YP47

Managers Thoughts

Obviously I would have loved to have turned those draws into wins but the positive is we are still unbeaten in the league. Once the European adventure has ended we should be able to push on and get those vital wins that will get us the title as currently we aren't favourites, in my opinion.

Result: 9 points

LEAGUE TABLE

Euro Cup 2024

Penya Encarnada 0 - 4 Lokomotiv Moscow

We didn't play as badly as I expected, although Lokomotiv are predicted to finish third in the group which meant it should have been the easiest game of the group.

Olympique Marseille 10 - 1 Penya Encarnada

We scored our first goal in the Euro Cup, sadly we also conceded 10. We really should have won this game ;).

Feyenoord 11 - 0 Penya Encarnada

Could have gone better...

Penya Encarnada 0 - 4 Feyenoord

Much better than the away game, but still good enough.

Lokomotiv Moscow 5 - 0 Penya Encarnada

I wanted us to score in this match, but it was not to be.

Penya Encarnada 1 - 5 Olympique Marseille

We left the best till last. An amazing result considering OM were the top seed of this group. This was also with a very weak team as I didn't want our team's morale to drop too significantly.

FINAL GROUP STANDINGS

League: Games 11 to 15

10.12.2024: FS Massana 0 - 1 Penya Encarnada

The eleventh league game of the season was away to FS Massana. The game was fairly close with both teams having decent opportunities but luckily for us a second half goal from YP65 was enough to get us the win.

Penya scorers: YP65 (1)

Penya MoM: YP67

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 366

15.12.2024: Penya Encarnada 2 - 0 FS Massana

We beat FS Massana away just 5 days before this match meaning we had to beat them at home. An own goal from FS Massana and a nice finish from in form YP65 got us the win that was required and put us top of the league, where we belong.

Penya scorers: YP65 (1)

Penya MoM: YP38

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 3130

25.1.2025: Inter d'Escaldes 1 - 3 Penya Encarnada

The first game of 2025 was against Inter d'Escaldes. Although they got an early goal in the 8th minute we turned the game around and got three goals, two from YP47 and one from YP65. The fairest result would have been a draw as the game was actually quite equal but I will take the win, obviously.

Penya scorers: YP65 (1), YP47 (2)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 296

2.2.2025: Penya Encarnada 3 - 2 Principat

A superb hattrick from 14 year old YP65 got us the win that was deserved. Although they got two goals they never looked that threatening and from start to finish I knew we would win this match. A great result that keeps us top of the league.

Penya scorers: YP65 (3)

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 2630

27.2.2025: Penya Encarnada 3 - 0 Principat

An identical fixture to the previous game but this time we won it with even more style. Goals from YP65, YP33 and YP57 got us a superb win against Principat and the best thing about it was that we didn't concede. A really entertaining match that extends our lead at the top of the table even further. Amazing.

Penya scorers: YP65 (1), YP33 (1), YP57 (1)

Penya MoM: YP67

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 2633

Finances

We currently have around £3,900,000 in the bank. We are currently losing large amounts of money each month but luckily for us we have a lot of money spare and also a very helpful board who love to inject cash.

Best Players

Defender - YP67

Midfielder - YP33

Striker - YP65

Managers Thoughts

The best month in charge this season. We won every game superbly and beat tough opposition well. The 3-0 win over Principat was superb as they are the team in second place at the moment. YP65 seems like an amazing player who at just 14 years of age has scored 14 goals in 16 games. A legend in the making.

Result: 15 points

LEAGUE TABLE

Youth Candidates

This was the final year having basic youth facilities as next season they were going to be upgraded. However I still expected really good players as basic youth facilities should produce excellent players for our level.

Penya Encarnada announce new youth players

The Youth Candidates squad

Signed youth players

I wasn't disappointed. The youth candidates this year were generally quite defensive but that is good as our defence could be improved. We also received a great midfielder Moso who is already our best midfielder at the club. I have decided not to make any of them youth prospects yet as I want improve our current squad harmony before introducing new players.

League: Games 16 to 20

16.3.2025: FC Rangers 0 - 3 Penya Encarnada

I think we have found Penya's next legend, and I'm not joking. Daniel António (YP65) got himself a hattrick that was the difference between winning the game and drawing. A great performance from the player who keeps on impressing me every single game.

Penya scorers: YP65 (3)

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 501

23.3.2025: Penya Encarnada 3 - 1 FC Rangers

The same team as the previous match but this time we were at home to a crowd of 3055 people. These lucky spectators got to see us score another three goals against FC Rangers but this time YP65 only got two goals. Very disappointing ;).

Penya scorers: YP25 (1), YP65 (2)

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 3055

1.4.2025: Penya Encarnada 5 - 1 Inter d'Escaldes

What I though would be a tough match actually turned out to be really easy. YP47 got two goals, YP55 also got two goals and YP62 got one goal. The only disappointment was that for whatever reason YP65 didn't score - a rare event, however thankfully our other players were on form.

Penya scorers: YP47 (2), YP55 (2), YP62 (1)

Penya MoM: YP55

Attendance at Penya Encarnada Stadium: 2533

16.4.2025: Principat 0 - 2 Penya Encarnada

A goal from YP62 in the first half and a goal from YP65 in the second half was enough to get us a comfortable win over second placed Principat. Another great performance and for once we were clinical. Excellent.

Penya scorers: YP62 (1), YP65 (1)

Penya MoM: YP25

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 317

2.5.2025: Inter d'Escaldes 1 - 0 Penya Encarnada

Not the most amazing finish to the season but to be honest I'm really not bothered. We put in an adequate performance but we weren't clinical enough so Inter won. Never mind.

Penya scorers: None

Penya MoM: YP54

Attendance at Estadi Comunal d'Aixovall: 389

Finances

We currently have around £3,700,000 in the bank. This is a lot less than the last update which clearly shows how much we are losing! The board have decided to stop giving cash injections so I'm now relying on the fact that we have a lot of money to keep afloat. We need another good European adventure next season, that's for sure.

Best Players

Defender - YP55

Midfielder - YP54

Striker - YP65

Managers Thoughts

A great season. We started off the season poorly due to our participation in the Euro Cup but as soon as that ended our morale lifted and we got back to winning ways. A 47 point total at the end of the season isn't our record but it isn't bad at all. I'm looking forward to next season.

Result: 12 points

LEAGUE TABLE

39 conceded in 6 group games. :D

:D

Andorran Cup 24/25

Penya Encarnada 4 - 0 Santa Coloma (Second Round)

We faced under performing Santa Coloma in the second round of the cup and comfortably won 4-0 thanks to a double from YP65 an own goal and a goal from YP47.

Inter d'Escaldes 0 - 4 Penya Encarnada (Quarter Final Leg 1)

We were drawn against Inter in the quarter finals. The first leg was away so a win or a draw was needed, and that's what we did. An early goal from YP57, a goal in either half from YP56 and an own goal were enough to demolish Inter and get us a great win.

Penya Encarnada 2 - 2 Inter d'Escaldes (Quarter Final Leg 2)

Although it was meant to be an easier game than the first leg due to home advantage we seemed much worse. A goal from YP55 and another own goal from Inter got us our two goals but sadly they also got two goals which meant it ended in a draw. A 6-2 aggregate win.

Penya Encarnada 2 - 2 Jenlai (Semi Final Leg 1)

We well and truly dominated this game but we weren't clinical enough and got another 2-2 draw. YP65 got two goals to get a new goal scoring record for the club and the division but they also got two goals, both from Rudy Duriez.

Jenlai 1 - 3 Penya Encarnada (Semi Final Leg 2)

I decided to go all out attack and it seemed to work. Although it was a fairly equal game for once we took our chances and got the win we deserved overall. The only down-side is that YP58 once again got an injury meaning he will not be able to play in the final which is a big disappointment.

Penya Encarnada e2 - 1 Principat (Final)

The infamous Albert Marina was refereeing this match so I knew for certain it would be a card frenzy, and it was. We got a goal just before half time from super-sub YP66 to put us in the driving seat. Principat got a red card shortly after the break but it didn't help us as they equalised shortly after. The game went into extra time and thankfully Principat scored an own goal to once again put us in the lead. As with the first goal a red card shortly followed leaving Principat with just 9 men but luckily for us we held on this time and got the win.

Season Summary 24/25

Andorran First Division

Another amazing performance from the team to finish in 1st place. Although we started the season badly due to our participation in the Euro Cup group stages we picked up form as soon as it finished and pulled away from the rest of the field. We finished the season on 47 points which isn't a record but it's still very good. Elsewhere, Principat came second and Inter third. FS Massana and Sant Julia were both relegated and will be playing in the Second Division next season.

Andorran Cup

Last year I won the Andorran Cup so this year I was hoping to do it for the second year running. We started off the campaign well with comfortable wins against Santa Coloma and Inter d'Escaldes. Jenlai in the semi finals was surprisingly hard but a good win away got us to the final. In the final we played alright and got the win that we wanted, although it took 120 minutes of fast paced football.

League Results - Here are the results from the league this season.

Europe Results - Here are the results from this season's European adventure.

Transfers - I got rid of 9 players this season which included 4 youth prospects.

Finances - Losing around £100,000 a month is never good news.

Top Ten Players

YP65 - (App:24 Gl:22 Asts:3 Avg:7.61)

YP47 - (App:38 Gl:18 Asts:9 Avg:7.03)

YP55 - (App:19 Gl:4 Asts:1 Avg:7.22)

YP67 - (App:19 Gl:0 Asts:5 Avg:7.01)

YP34 - (App:14* Conc:13*)

YP58 - (App:24 Gl:1 Asts:9 Avg:6.89)

YP54 - (App:27 Gl:0 Asts:8 Avg:6.77)

YP61 - (App:18 Gl:0 Asts:1 Avg:6.76)

YP33 - (App:23 Gl:3 Asts:5 Avg:6.75)

YP64 - (App:36 Gl:3 Asts:8 Avg:6.74)

*Excluding European games

I'm going to have a break from this save as in 2014/15 I added the Premier League using the add or remove feature. At first it was fine but every season the number of players has risen by around 10,000 players which has meant that this save is taking a long time to process. My computer isn't very good and is seriously struggling with over 150,000 players on the database. I will probably return to this save in a few weeks but until then I will be doing other stuff.

The only thing I can suggest reading other threads in the forum (not just the Careers forum) is to take the Premier League back out. After two or three seasons the player count should drop again.

The add leagues feature simply isn't working as it should.

Archived