Getting a feeder club(for work permits) as a Championship club?

It seems to be impossible. It's also extremely annoying as it could take a few years to win promotion and get one once you're in the Prem.

Is there anyone out there who has been a Championship or lower league club, asked their board to get them a feeder club for work permit purposes and actually got yes as an answer?

I would imagine it is incredibly rare if not actually impossible. Championship clubs will be so restricted in their finances that they simply won't have the spare cash to spend on signing a player and paying his wages for 3 years while he gets a work permit somewhere else. At that level it's all about having players who are ready to contribute. You have to be established at the top level to think about stockpiling youth talent in that way and even if you have the spare cash then there are plenty coming out of British clubs. Purely on a realism basis most Championship clubs in real life won't have the resources to scout youth players in foreign countries so there is no need for that kind of link. Obviously in the game this can be incredibly frustrating when (as happened to me this week) you agree a £30k deal for a 20 year old from Belarus with great attributes and Premier League potential and can't get a work permit) but it is realistic.

If I was your chairman I wouldn't give you one either. He would probably rather you concentrated on spending his money on players that will get him promoted sooner rather than later. If you have any sort of money at all (I'd imagine you have to be attempting this) then it really shouldn't take that long to get out the championship anyway. I'd be very surprised if many teams got this either in game or real life. Actually even a team which resided in the premier league but got relegated could well see an affiliation being cancelled as the board no longer deemed it appropriate.

A shorter answer - I doubt it is possible

i once got one with a championship team. it was fm08 or 9 though. i asked for just a regular feeder team from anywhere. they came back a few weeks and gave me a list of 4 teams. some in scotland and i was suprised to see one in romania. it was 2nd division in romania and they are one of the countries that are a wp country. sad thing was i couldnt scout outside of europe and didnt have much $$ so i couldnt put it to use

Archived