What can i do until new update?

I don't have a career game at the moment and i am really confused if i should start a new game or not as the new patch will be around in 3-4 weeks.

So i have the feeling that starting a new game atm would be waste of time and that's why i avoid FM.. However, i really want to play !

What would you do / do you do in my case?

Any advices are welcome !

It really depends on how bothered you are about the updated database(January transfers) as anything else included in the patch will be save game compatable. If your not too fussed about these transfers then start a save straight away. To be honest if there was really just one or two transfers that you wanted you could use the editor and then start.

Still playing Skyrim...

FM over the last few years has been garbage and has a game-life in my house of about 1 month now, whereas it used to have a game-life of a whole year.

FM has simply been a yearly update for me for about 5 years now.

Game desperately needs a new transfer system, better AI, FAR better tactics and so much more.

There have been undoubted improvements but it's fallen way behind what I want from the game.

There's so much to football management but to me, FM has stuck to the same old and tired systems for way too long.

I wanna feel like I'm the next Gaurdiola, to do that, I need a tactics screen that allows me the creative freedom to move players around where I CHOOSE, not where the DEFAULT positions are.

I want thousands of tactical instructions available to me, maybe even being able to do some of my own from scratch!

Transfers are so boring and unrealistic...and trying to sell anyone is dreadfully hard sometimes.

I imagine that my expectations are probably too high and to implement the sort of changes I want basically means an entirely new game, that would take years to develop - and it's probably only run on high-spec PC's...so I bet FM13 (or whatever it'll be called) will be yet another updated version of this years game....Zzzzzzzzzz

It really depends on how bothered you are about the updated database(January transfers) as anything else included in the patch will be save game compatable. If your not too fussed about these transfers then start a save straight away. To be honest if there was really just one or two transfers that you wanted you could use the editor and then start.

Well, for me, new patch is really important because of the bug i have on the league i play !

Unfortunately , league wins are not being awarded on the Turkish league, achievements remain 0 even you win the league - and there is absolutely no meaning in playing if your winnings are not awarded to you :)

I read in the bug forum that SI is aware of this and hopefully they will fix it!

Archived