Sports Interactive Community
MorrisseyMuse

MorrisseyMuse's FM 2008 Update

THE MORRISSEYMUSE FM 2008 UPDATE

HISTORY/ABOUT THE UPDATE:

The MorrisseyMuse FM08 Update is a new project to update the FM 2008 game world to present day using all of the data from the FM 2012 database, with some alterations of my own (transfers since the latest SI Games update(s), stadium changes, finances, competition name changes, a rare player PA change, etc.).

The project began while I was creating an FM07 update back in 2009, FM07 won a fan poll I posted on which game to update but FM08 has always been my favourite game in the series so it was perhaps inevitable that I would try to edit it one day. :)

So, after being on a hiatus from editing for the past year or so, I've decided to give an FM 2008 update a try, using the same attention to detail I (hopefully!) gave my 2007 update up to last year.

Importing/creating the entire database from a modern FM into FM08 I know is nigh-on impossible. however I'm going to try and update as much as I can, concentrating on the world's major players and clubs first.

Due to the enormity of this task, I plan to release regular 'beta' downloads of edits as I'm updating so that those of you interested in this project will have something to play. So I hope you all enjoy the forthcoming results!

This 'official' thread is here for info on progress of the update, as well as to provide a download link to the latest version at the bottom of this first post.

CURRENT STATUS: EDITING..

LATEST UPDATE VERSION: BETA 1

Release: TBA

Features:

TBA

Installation:

Hi all,

My vote/research thread for the update expires tomorrow at 8pm , so if you've not yet voted but are interested in expressing your opinion on how this update will be setup, then please visit the following thread and cast your vote! Leave a comment too if you wish, it all helps, cheers! :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/297527-FM-2008-Update-Research-Thread-Poll-Which-Update-Would-You-Prefer-To-See

Once the thread is closed, I'll start preparing the update and hopefully post my first progress update in this thread very soon, so keep an eye on this thread for more info. :)

So the vote is now closed, thanks to everyone who voted, commented and offered their support on the project so far.

It was close in the finish, but an empty database idea won in the end, so I'm now going to begin erasing all players from the database, after which I'll begin editing proper, hopefully sometime in the next few days, keep an eye on this thread in the future for progress updates. :)

Hi everyone,

I've had a pretty hectic week so not been able to get any actual editing done, though in hindsight with the new SI update/patch coming soon that's not such an issue. :)

I have however erased all the players from the database in preparation for editing now.

I'll probably start as I always do with my updates with my own team Manchester City, then branch out to the other English Prem clubs, before moving further afield.

I want to concentrate on the 'major' world clubs first then work my way downwards hopefully.

I'll post updates here in the next coming weeks as/when my editing really kicks off post-12.2 update, so stay tuned for that! :)

Hi all,

Well, the FM12 update patch has arrived so this project can officially start now. :)

I've planned to do some work for a course I'm doing tomorrow but I should be able to start work on the update properly either late tomorrow or Friday, all being well.

I'm probably going to look at my own team first, Man City, then edit the rest of the Premiership after them and move on from there.

I'll be posting regular updates here to keep you all updated on the progress of this project anyway, so it's bye for now I suppose. :)

THE MORRISSEYMUSE FM 2008 UPDATE

HISTORY/ABOUT THE UPDATE:

The MorrisseyMuse FM08 Update is a new project to update the FM 2008 game world to present day using all of the data from the FM 2012 database, with some alterations of my own (transfers since the latest SI Games update(s), stadium changes, finances, competition name changes, a rare player PA change, etc.).

The project began while I was creating an FM07 update back in 2009, FM07 won a fan poll I posted on which game to update but FM08 has always been my favourite game in the series so it was perhaps inevitable that I would try to edit it one day. :) So, after being on a hiatus from editing for the past year or so, I've decided to give an FM 2008 update a try, using the same attention to detail I (hopefully!) gave my 2007 update up to last year.

Importing/creating the entire database from a modern FM into FM08 I know is nigh-on impossible. however I'm going to try and update as much as I can, concentrating on the world's major players and clubs first.

Due to the enormity of this task, I plan to release regular 'beta' downloads of edits as I'm updating so that those of you interested in this project will have something to play. So I hope you all enjoy the forthcoming results!

This 'official' thread is here for info on progress of the update, as well as to provide a download link to the latest version at the bottom of this first post.

CURRENT STATUS: RESEARCHING..POLL THREAD

I'm now in the 'pre-production' stage as they say in cinema, I've got a poll up in General Discussion currently asking for votes/opinions on whether you would prefer to see a 'mixed' deatabase of 07/08 and 11/12 players, or whether you would prefer me to start with a blank player database, so it would help me a lot with this update if you would please follow the link below and vote on your preferance please.

Full details are in that thread anyway, and thanks! :)

POLL:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/297527-FM-2008-Update-Research-Thread-Poll-Which-Update-Would-You-Prefer-To-See

LATEST UPDATE VERSION: BETA 1

Release: TBA

Features:

TBA

Installation:

Current Download:

good luck with this project morrisseymuse i'm doing a project like this with fm10

Thanks for your support Arbeloa and Chris, it's always appreciated. :) I always enjoyed your updates Chris, I'll definitely have to keep an eye on your FM '10 one. :thup:

I've just begun editing City now so things are officially under way. I may post some pics up whenever I've finished editing the whole team.

I folks,

A quick update for the week.. :)

I'm not able to edit anywhere near as much as I'd like currently due to having coursework to finish in 2 weeks time, but I've done a few City players and a couple of other youngsters and competition names so far. Editing speed should hopefully pick up in a couple of weeks.

I also started a 'just-for-fun' fantasy update for FM 2012 last week (nothing to do with football, just for laughs/entertainment), which has been a great way of me finally really having a play about with the FM'12 editor. I've managed to create a new nation so far, so that should be a side project of mine to show also in the coming months.

But I aim to have more news on this update soon, so stay tuned! :)

Seriously looking forward to this update .. myself and my sibling are bitter FM rivals, see I prefer the fresh and current version of

FM 2012 buy my Brother refuses to play any other version but FM 2008 so this update would be a great compromise lol

Thanks for all the support so far guys, it's always nice to see such a level of interest in project like this. :)

It can get a bit monotonous just editing the same club for days on end, so I branched out to my next edited club (Arsenal, due to doing the Premiership A-Z) yesterday during a spare 30 mins and managed to edit Thierry Henry, RVP, Vermaelaen, Mertesacker and the club's details in to the update now.

I'm also currently adding in the proposed new (as it will be in my update, as I'm basing it on starting in September 2012) signing of Podolski to Arsenal too. It's yet to be finalised of course so I'll be finalising his edit if/when it is.

Hi everyone,

This week's update brings the good news that I'm off from my course for the half term hols now, which means I've been able to edit properly again today. I've been going through English Premiership clubs, updating their details (kit colours, stadium details, finances, rival clubs/players, etc.) before I get back to player editing later.

I'm leaving league positions until last as that is an area that needs to be correct to avoid any file corruption/bugs in the final update, so currently teams are still in FM 08 league table positions, but these will change, along with their individual club competition histories, to relate the 11/12 or 12/13 season (depending on when a more 'final' update is released), in time for release.

I'm going to start posting pics up in next month's updates hopefully as I edit more players in to the game, so look out for that :)

and I'll also be hosting just-for-fun 'competitions' very soon, where you'll have the chance to have your favourite player and/or team edited (complete with pics of the finished, edited player) next in to the update! :)

Really looking forward to this!!

Thanks for your support. :)

I'm still going through the Premiership teams and editing club details currently, then I aim to go back to editing players again in the next few weeks, but for now I'm roughly half way through the clubs' details.

I'm aware of issues people had with club debts in my FM 2007 update last year where the older FM's are a bit harsher on clubs with debts (there's less sponsorship options and no Parachute Payments, for example), so I also plan on testing and re-evaluate the finance/debt structure of clubs in the game at some point, so that you don't end up playing an update where teams start going into liquidation after so many seasons.

..any danger of a couple of screenshots to whet our 08' appetites? I'm also very impressed by your attention to detail on the liquidation issues ect, cant wait!

Rest assured that screenies have not been forgotten. :)

I did a load for FM07 and I'll be doing the same with forthcoming updates here, but I've been waiting until I got back to editing more players as the most I have currently at any one squad is about 20 with Manchester City, so I'd like to have a slightly larger range of players to show. :)

Feel free to nominate your fave players/clubs you'd like to see pics of though and I'll make a note to try and show them first.

Hehe, and thank you, I like to think my updates are quite thorough in places. I like to update player history and contracts too in the updates I've attempted and I'm carrying that on with this update.

To save time editing and updating in the future I'm only going to be using players' history for the last season or 2 unfortunately, however these will be up-to-date with the appearances/goals for the previous season(s), as well as any transfer fees paid.

Contracts are also being 'scaled' for every player, so that a player on a 2 year contract in real life will also have a 2 year contract in FM08.

It's the same with players joining as well, so if a player only just joined the club, I'll be reflecting that in their contract status so that they appear as a new player at that club in FM08 as well.

and of course, players will be 'aged' as well. Currently my update is geared towards a release next season (though I'll be releasing betas this year!), therefore personel are all a year older than they are in r/l, but by the time of release every edited person in this FM 2008 update will be the same age as their real life counterpart as well.

So, a bit of work to do..! :D lol

But, I've just re-started club editing in the Premiership, aiming to have all the basics for the clubs done and be back to adding in more players by the end of next week hopefully.

Whoo, it's been a bit longer than expected since my last update! :D

I've been a bit busy recently but have found some time to commit to the update, which I've used to now update virtually all of the Premiership clubs' details and add some random world players in to the db, such as Neymar, Kagawa, Gotze and Huntelaar.

I've also updated some player PA's. I'm only going to do this for players that I feel have shown great ability and/or are particularly underrated in the database. This is of course a matter of opinion, which is why my PA 'updates' will only be a jump of plus of minus 5 points, and one of the reasons I never update CA (the other main reason being that it alters player's attributes).

I'm thinking of including a changelist with the update when it's released for those that may wish to use the editor to alter the PA's back to their defaults if they so wish.

I can also post updates to the changelist in this thread as I go along. There's obviously a slight element of spoilers involved so I'm reluctant to do this, but I will say there's about 6 or so that have changed PA's for so far, of which about 3 players are in the Premiership.

Let me know on here if you would like to see the changelist before a Beta release or not. :)

I think that concludes this update. I'm hoping to have my promised pics up in the next update or one after that, so look out for them!

Let me know any requests for players/club details/etc. that you'd especially like to see caps of and I'll to prioritise them over my own random selection of pics.

Until next time! :)

Hi folks, bout time for another update methinks! :)

So progress has been a bit slow since last update due to a lack of time to devote to the project recently, but I've been able to sit down and get some players created today.

I always keep one eye on the transfer market, in an ideal world I'd have all the leagues' of the world transfers done in my first beta, but a lack of world and lower division transfer sources and just overall time constraints mean I tend to prioritize the 'major' transfers that I find.

So naturally I've added Kagawa to United and Hazard to Chelsea just now.

I also like adding a bit more 'personality' to the game personnel where possible, usually by adding more of their real world relationships in, prime recent examples of which being Hazard's new-found love for all things Chelsea, plus Dave Whelan and Ian Ayre not being on each others' Xmas cards lists any time soon. :D

I constantly monitor relationships between players and staff for signs of (un)happiness like this, Holt/Norwich and Tevez/City are interesting examples of such relationships.

I currently have Tevez and City (supporters) down as indifferent towards each other, but Mancini and Tevez still dislike each other a bit. I've not edited Norwich properly yet, but I imagine I'd add a 'dislike' of Holt by Norwich and/or the chairman after his actions.

Well, that's another update and a little bit of (useless :D) insight into the process so far as well.

Next update I hope (crossed fingers) to have pics of some of the things I've been editing at long last, hopefully!

Until next time! :)

Apologies for the delay in updates, I've been mega busy with course work these past few months but rest assured I've not abandoned this project! :)

I'm hoping to look over what I've done so far and pick up editing again over the coming days, particularly the influx of new kits, so stay tuned for further updates!

HiWhen will we be seeing a release of this update? In time for the new season?
Hi there.I'm afraid the update is a long way from being reasonably playable at this stage. But I am hoping to be able to release a demo/beta in time for the new season.

Hi folks,

Time for another quick update. Apologies for the delay in getting this out, I've been a bit busier than expected lately, but I've been able to sit down with the game and get some work done on the update over the past few days.

I'm way behind my own schedule and things aren't helped by the current transfer window constantly changing things as well, but rest assured that I am still working on the update and am thinking of releasing a playable 'demo' of what I've done so far in the near future.

The main Man City first squad is done (just doing the Adebayor transfer now) and I've got a few players scattered about (mostly at Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United so far it seems, but other EPL and European clubs as well), including new signings such as Rodwell, RVP, Buttner and Joe Allen, alongside a handful of youngsters such as Zeli Ismail and Raheem Sterling.

I'm currently working through some of the major transfers, Azpilicueta, Fletcher and Jarvis are next on my list to complete, with Moses to be done if/when he signs for Chelsea later.

So that's where I'm up to so far, further updates and news of a 'demo' coming soon! :)

...Until next time! :)

Hi :)

Did you miss my big voting thread before new year? :D I wasn't sure which game to update, whether to resurrect this update or begin a new one so I gave the option to the forumistas. :)

If you missed it, you can read it here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/338830-Which-older-game-would-you-like-to-see-updated-feedback-poll-appreciated!

Basically, CM 01/02 (albeit, narrowly) won the voting with FM08 second. I've been pondering the decision still though since the presence of champman0102.co.uk update team is making me question whether there's a point to me making a CM update as well, but discussion/decisions on that will be in the thread over the coming days hopefully. :)

But thanks for your continued interest in the update anyway, I'll certainly be getting something started very soon! :D

Cheers for the heads up, missed the vote thread I'm afraid but it's good to see FM 08 coming a close 2nd it shows its still a popular version of the game lol good luck with any future updates.

Thanks for the interest as always. :)

I've just started up a new 'final/ultimate' voting thread in GD now if you want to take a look and cast your vote(s). :)

I've followed feedback off people from my last poll and now created this final thread/poll to gather the largest amount of research possible hopefully as I'm determined to find out what is the most popular 'classic' FM/CM so I can update it for the largest amount of fans possible.

So I've expanded the number of games you can vote for to 10, made it multiple choice and extended the voting time limit to 4 weeks.

Here's the link to the new vote thread, anyone interested in contributing I'd be grateful if you'd please vote (it's multiple choice if you can't decide on your absolute favourite game :D) and, if you'd like to, also leave a comment about your decision or anything else you want to say.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/343811-Your-fave-game-in-the-series-which-would-you-most-like-to-see-a-new-stat-update-for-%28POLL%29

Thanks! :D