PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

PaulHartman71

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rio Ferdinand's certainly gone down as a West Ham legend now! I'm sure the tycoon owner Ralph Gold (Ann Summers entrepreneur apparently :D) will be highly regarded at the now 40,500 seater Upton Park as well!

He's David Gold's brother I think, talk about keeping it in the family! Good luck for the season, reckon you should be able to win it.

Thought I'd cash in on an over-rated young left back, fans weren't happy, but somehow I wasn't blamed :lol:

giordanaa.png?t=1337542996

Makes a nice change from being blamed for chairman interferance. Good start to the season.

Just read the whole thread. This sounds loads of fun altho I also imagine the restrictions you've placed yourself in terms of clubs to be frustrating sometimes. But you get to travel the world a lot. :) Very nicely done on the jobs for most of your career too.

I've been known to get myself way too carried away when writing, but your rundown of the various domestic scenes was taking the p*ss with those seas of text. :D You play fairly quickly tho, 19 seasons in 3 months is remarkable! But it'll take a few more seasons to reach Z. :D

Thanks guys, it does seem like we're all but officially promoted as champions now!

Just read the whole thread. This sounds loads of fun altho I also imagine the restrictions you've placed yourself in terms of clubs to be frustrating sometimes. But you get to travel the world a lot. :) Very nicely done on the jobs for most of your career too.

I've been known to get myself way too carried away when writing, but your rundown of the various domestic scenes was taking the p*ss with those seas of text. :D You play fairly quickly tho, 19 seasons in 3 months is remarkable! But it'll take a few more seasons to reach Z. :D

Yeah it can be very frustrating waiting to find a new job sometimes, you can't holiday and apply for all jobs because 95 percent of the time the club accepting you isn't the right letter. Just a case of constantly continuing and checking the job centre which can get tiresome, definitely not looking forward to the X and Z part! I did get pretty carried away with the write-ups, I didn't realise how much I'd wrote for most of them until I posted them :D Yeah I raced through the first 10 seasons or so, been taking it a bit slower since around East Fife as haven't had as much time on my hands. Yeah, I definitely have a long go before I reach Z!

thanks corinthiano, I think I will leave Gallipoli and look to move onto 'H', but first I have the opportunity to achieve my first ever league/cup double as we compete in the 'Serie C2 Cup' - which puts the winners of the other 2 'C2' divisions against us in a 2 game tournament.

Inverness, IFK Goteborg, Iraklis. Not that difficult. :)

That's me told, though I sort of think of Goteborg as a 'G' as 'IFK' is like 'F.C.' or similar. It's a bit of a grey area. Can't remember if it's come up on this thread, but I remember (on AK22's thread I think), someone disputed whether (Bayer) Leverkusen counted as an 'L', and it does depend on what they're commonly known as since 'Bayern Munich' would definitely be a 'B', but Leverkusen are generally called just that, which does make things less clear.

I wasn't exactly thinking for ages trying to find as many as possible. Still not that many (Istanbulspor as well, and probably at least one other club from that city), and if he's still managing at such a low level he won't be able to get most of them. That's why a bit more success would go a long way to making some of those (and I was thinking of Ipswich and Ingolstadt) possible destinations.

Gallipoli_Calcio-logo-910945F933-seeklogo.com.gif

G is for Gallipoli

As I had hoped at the start of the season, a

league win for Gallipoli! This was no doubt due to our impeccable Man City-esque home form, only dropping points twice with two draws. We achieved more points at home than the side that finished 10th did in total which shows just how good we were at home. The past positions also hint at our dominance, we first reached 1st after 6 games and didn't slip for the rest of the year. The squad didn't have major depth but it didn't really need to have that much depth as we still won the league quite comfortably. I splashed out on transfers, spending 6.5k this year, a record for me as a manager! The club's finances read to be okay but the loan debt means we get no money back from transfers and ultimately it's not great and I can see why they went bankrupt in real life. It was also nice to win the C2 Super Cup.

Julius Stark was my number one in goal and he did well, achieving 23 clean sheets in total out of 40 games. Ruben Rodriguez Martin was first choice right back and was decent. Menno Verbeek on loan from Ajax was our main left back and he did a good job, I would've liked to bring him in on a permanent basis but with the club's financial problems that's not happening. Luciano Muto played in the middle of defence and did alright, his partner Andrea Dahm was considerably better. Our main right midfielder was the club's own Giuseppe Giusti who did great, getting 6 goals and 16 assists throughout the season. Olivier Colonna did pretty well on the left, scoring 4 goals and getting 5 assists. Erik Lundgren had a decent season in the middle of our midfield with 1 goal and 4 assists, Marco Ruggiero had a better season getting a goal and 12 assists as well as having a slightly better passing ratio than the Swede. Matteo Viola had a decent season as 3rd choice striker scoring 15 goals, most off of the bench. Aziz Znagui did well scoring 14 goals and getting 11 assists, with top scorer and key man, Norwegian striker, Kenneth Mittet who ended up with 20 goals and 8 assists. Giueseppe Giusti won player of the year for the league and I won manager of the year. I've resigned from Gallipoli as with the financial implications I feel I have achieved all I can at the club.

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season Club League Position Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 9th Joined in July
2010/11 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 11th Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 19th Joined in June
2012/13 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 9th None
2013/14 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 5th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square Premier 1st Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div S 8th Joined in November
2016/17 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div C 1st Champions, Promoted via playoff, resigned in June
2017/18 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Joined in November
2018/19 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Sacked in January
2019/20 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 10th Joined in May
2020/21 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 3rd Lost in playoff semi final
2021/22 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 1st Promoted as Champions
2022/23 East Fife Scottish 2nd Div 1st Promoted as Champions
2023/24 East Fife Scottish 1st Div 5th Resigned in June
2024 Fana Idrettslag Norwegian 2nd Div 3 7th Joined in July
2025 Fana Idrettslag Norwegian 2nd Div 3 4th None
2026 Fana Idrettslag Norwegian 2nd Div 3 1st Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
2026/27 Gallipoli Calcio Italian Serie C2/C 8th Joined in October
2027/28 Gallipoli Calcio Italian Serie C2/C 1st Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag
- Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio
- Italian Serie C2/C x1 - 2027/28
- Italian Serie C2 Super Cup x1 - 2027/28

Maybe Heracles or Hercules? :D

Maybe...

hamilton.png?t=1338242659

huesca.png?t=1338242660

hannover.png?t=1338242659

I have also declared interest in the very insecure post at Houston Dynamos, as well as the insecure post at Haarlem and I have applied for the vacant Holland national team job.

Which of these (if any of them) will I end up at?!

Archived