PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

PaulHartman71

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fana_IL-logo-808D65C9B3-seeklogo.com.gif

F is for Fana Idrettslag

In what seems like a bit of a bottle job, we finished 4th after looking like title winning contenders for most of the first half of the season which was incredibly disappointed. This is probably best highlighted by the previous positions screenshot. I brought in quite a few players on freebies which may have disrupted squad harmony but ultimately the squad did need improving, for the most part those transfers did do that. The finances at the club are not looking too great but that should even itself out at some point into next season. The squad is good enough to win the league but lacked consistency, a key moment was when at the time top scorer Ronni Christensen was injured for 10 months mid-season, which lead to a bit of a dry patch in terms of goals for the club. If I do stay I will bring in a few more players as the squad will need to be improved slightly.

Aside from having an interesting hairstyle, our goalkeeper Damir Brannstrom is not the best considering we want to be going for the title, although my scouts haven't found anyone better than him which is quite frustrating. Jostein Jensen is first choice right back and was pretty decent there. His counter part was the Pakistani Zahid Mehmood who was also quite decent. Our first choice central defensive partnership was the two Danish defenders, Martin Gregersen and Poul Erik Andersen. A key player once signed was Boyan Dimov, a Bulgarian midfielder who looks to be one of our better players now. Ole Jakob Pettersen was our Norwegian central midfielder who did well and ended up with 7 assists. Peter Gutierrez had a poor season on the right side of midfield. Bosnian midfielder/striker Sead Vasic was signed this season and impressed in a few appearances, he'll be important next season if I stay on as manager. Vegard Mundal was decent on the left of midfield ending up with 10 assists. Ronni Christensen did well until picking up a horrific injury which made sure he didn't play again for the season. Orjan Johansen ended up as top scorer with 13 goals.

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season Club League Position Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 9th Joined in July
2010/11 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 11th Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 19th Joined in June
2012/13 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 9th None
2013/14 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 5th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square Premier 1st Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div S 8th Joined in November
2016/17 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div C 1st Champions, Promoted via playoff, resigned in June
2017/18 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Joined in November
2018/19 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Sacked in January
2019/20 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 10th Joined in May
2020/21 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 3rd Lost in playoff semi final
2021/22 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 1st Promoted as Champions
2022/23 East Fife Scottish 2nd Div 1st Promoted as Champions
2023/24 East Fife Scottish 1st Div 5th Resigned in June
2024 Fana Idrettslag Norwegian 2nd Div 3 7th Joined in July
2025 Fana Idrettslag Norwegian 2nd Div 3 4th None

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

gallipoli-1.png?t=1336304485

boardsad.png?t=1336304485

Whilst the club do seem a bit annoyed after I have declared interest in yet another job, most clubs would've sacked me by now, so I might as well take advantage of them being so lenient whilst deciding whether to see out the year left on my contract, or take a G job if one becomes available.

Thanks to the media I was left in a pretty awkward situation with lots of explaining to do, especially when the Grays chairman over-looked me and appointed someone else. After being slightly humbled it looks like I'll be staying at Fana for another year, might have to go the extra mile for a win now to make it up to the board and the fans :D

mesosorry.png?t=1336328029

grayssss.png?t=1336328029

fanaacceptme.png?t=1336328030

After my awkward moment with the board and my cheeky application to be Ghana manager was rejected, I decided to commit myself to Fana and see out the year on my contract. The odds have come in and they're not great for us, although a cheeky tenner on us winning the league could see some very happy Fana-tics come the end of the season!

ghana.png?t=1336340100

oddsss.png?t=1336340101

I always find it funny that a club may ask for you to apologize for looking at other job opportunities. But then again, I come from the generation that believes a job's wages pay for the work done, not for loyalty. At least you're save for now! :)

Hopefully Valarenga 2 will fall somewhat as their roster changes throughotu the year as their top squad brings in players and moves others out. A good start! :)

Hopefully Valarenga 2 will fall somewhat as their roster changes throughotu the year as their top squad brings in players and moves others out. A good start! :)

Yeah I certainly hope that happens!

in the 2016/17 UCL and EL, winners are Man City? Mistake?

yeah, the Europa League winners should be Hull City.

Definitely not worth complaining about so far. Going well :thup:.

only thing I can complain about is other teams doing as well as I am!

Very nervous times. Have you played both sides you're level with?

I've drawn 1-1 with Randaberg, still have a home game against them and both home and away against Valarenga 2. It seems likely it will come down to who does the best in the games against each other between the 3 of us.

Love this thread, epic! KUTGW :D

thanks man :thup:

A fantastic 3-0 victory at home against Randaberg seemed to set off a chain reaction of positivity and mental strength all over the club, especially to our wide midfielder Gutierrez who has gone on to score 5 goals in as many games.

runof5games.png?t=1336685482

Contrasting to our positive reaction to the Randaberg game, losing to us seemed to have an adverse effect over at Randaberg, and subsequently their good form and confidence well and truly went out the window, picking up 7 points from a possible 15. They're still only a point behind us with 6 games remaining though so it is well and truly squeaky bum time. Valerenga 2 are still in with a shot, currently 5 points behind but they have a game in hand with relegation battling Klepp which they should win. It should be a three horse race and I am hoping we can continue our good form in our last 6 games.

runofform.png?t=1336685482

The fixtures look like this for the three of us -

Randaberg: Nest-Sotra (away), Skjetten (home), Stryn (home), Mandalskam (away), Klepp (away), Kopervik (home) - Randaberg at least on paper have a relatively easy run in, their only real test will be a tricky away match with Mandalskam who I think (and hope) will at least get a point out of that game. Nest-Sotra, Skjetten and Klepp are all very winnable games, with Stryn, and Kopervik especially, being relatively testing home games, but ultimately are both winnable as well for a team challenging for the title.

Valerenga 2: Klepp (home), Stryn (away), Mandalskam (home), Lillehammer (away), Fyllingen (home), Kopervik (away), Fana (away) - With four away games in their last 6 games as opposed to Randaberg's 3/3, Valerenga's 2nd side will have a more difficult run in than our other rivals. They should dispatch of Klepp at home without any real problem. Fyllingen is another home game I fully expect them to get 3 points in. Mandalskam will be difficult and I am hoping like with their game against Randaberg that Mandalskam will make sure they drop some points here. Lillehammer, Kopervik and Stryn are by no means easy places to go and I fully expect Valerenga 2 to drop points in at least one of these games. Then of course there is the potentially very dramatic final game of the season...

Fana Idrettslag: Skjetten (away), Klepp (home), Mandalskam (home), Kopervik (away), Stryn (away), Valerenga 2 (home) - We have a run in of 3/3 in terms of home/away so that's the same as Randaberg. Skjetten away and Klepp at home are both very winnable games and I will be disappointed if we drop points in either game. Mandalskam, a side I am hoping can knock some points out of my 2 rivals, could easily do the same to me and a draw against them would be a decent result, but at home I obviously expect better, we lost 1-0 to them away so hopefully a loss doesn't happen again. Kopervik and Stryn are two relatively simple away games but we could probably drop points in at least one of those games. Then there's the massive final game of the season that could potentially decide everything. We are at home against Valerenga 2 which gives us a slight advantage, but it is still a massive game and after the bottle job of last season I am worried my players will bottle it if it comes down to this game.

Overall it is in our hands now with the 6 games left and I believe my team are the clear favourites, a point/2 points clear as well as a far superior goal difference, but obviously if we lose that final game against Valerenga 2 it could all be curtains for our title campaign. A massive run in coming up for all 3 of the teams, I am hoping that my side isn't the one to lose out this year as this will definitely be my final season at Fana, would be nice to leave Norway with a bit of a bang!

Just 6 more games!!

hopefully we haven't peaked too early!

Love this career so far, great concept and the depth you went into with the updates about the rest of the leagues was great :)

Good luck, hopefully you can keep top spot!

thanks Scarman, appreciate that :thup: and yes I'm hoping we can keep top spot as well!

Hope you can get Fana promoted before you leave for a new club. :)

As do I rancer, as do I!

Much better month. Great turn around.

thanks SRL :D

Wow, very quickly done.

yeah the win against Randaberg seemed to have a snowball effect on the performances, I definitely can't complain!

Great job winning the League!!!!!!

So.....Will you stay at Fana?

Congrats Paul, that was a stunning end to the season and clearly you had the best run...good luck in the new season, or are we looking to a G club now?

yeah the Randaberg result really seemed to kick the squad into gear. It is the right time to leave Fana, I wanted to leave last year but didn't and I can leave on a high now.

Congrats Paul! Hopefully a G team will open up soon.

thanks and yeah here's hoping for a decent G side!

Well done on promotion! Surely Galatasaray awaits ;)

haha I certainly would not be complaining if they were :D

Fana_IL-logo-808D65C9B3-seeklogo.com.gif

F is for Fana Idrettslag

So, after winning the league, bringing glory to Fana and achieving promotion it is time to see how this was actually achieved. 6 players were brought in on free transfers throughout the season, some were better than others. Morten Berg was a very important part of our team and being Norwegian will significantly help Fana next season when new squad regulations come into play. Peter Gutierrez was a major part of our final run, the American midfielder ended up with 9 goals and 2 assists which came at the business period of the season. Soren Lovenkrands continued to be part of our defence, the Danish player had a relatively good year. His compatriot Kian Lauridsen was another key part of our defence. Another Danish player that was a relatively important part of our team was Thomas Gregersen. Our Swedish striker Peter Svensson finished up with 11 goals and 2 assists which was a good total that I was pleased with. Bosnian Sead Vasic was another key part of our attack, ending the season with 8 goals and 6 assists. Norwegian striker Orjan Johansen who has been at the club since I first arrived, continued his consistent seasons of scoring double figures, as he scored 11 goals and gained 6 assists.

At the end of the season I announced my resignation from Fana, due to the unorthodox Norwegian season time/structure I have resigned in October which is only a few months into regular European seasons. This should mean that I will be able to find a few jobs before the end of the current season, hopefully even before the new year although I don't want to get my hopes up! G seems to be a relatively okay letter in terms of clubs, there's quite a few English jobs I could go for if they become available, having already been linked with Gateshead, Grays and Grimsby. I'm not sure where I will end up, but hopefully I'll end up at somewhere decent soon.

History

Season Club League Position Achievements
2009/10 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 9th Joined in July
2010/11 Annagh United N.Irish 2nd Div 11th Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 19th Joined in June
2012/13 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 9th None
2013/14 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square North 5th Promoted via play-offs
2014/15 Bradford Park Avenue Blue Square Premier 1st Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div S 8th Joined in November
2016/17 Casa Pia A.C Portuguese 2nd Div C 1st Champions, Promoted via playoff, resigned in June
2017/18 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Joined in November
2018/19 Distillery N.Irish 1st Div 10th Sacked in January
2019/20 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 10th Joined in May
2020/21 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 3rd Lost in playoff semi final
2021/22 East Fife Scottish 3rd Div 1st Promoted as Champions
2022/23 East Fife Scottish 2nd Div 1st Promoted as Champions
2023/24 East Fife Scottish 1st Div 5th Resigned in June
2024 Fana Idrettslag Norwegian 2nd Div 3 7th Joined in July
2025 Fana Idrettslag Norwegian 2nd Div 3 4th None
2026 Fana Idrettslag Norwegian 2nd Div 3 1st Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag
- Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

The seacrh begins!!

it certainly does!

Congrats on the league win! That's not an easy one to do :) Good luck in your "G" search.

yeah it definitely didn't feel like an easy win, thanks :thup:

-

Not quite Galatasaray, but I have already declined two job offers from 1st Division Turkish sides...

jobrejected.png?t=1336853283

jobrejecttttted.png?t=1336853283

Archived