PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

PaulHartman71

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-HFC_Haarlem_logo.svg.png

H is for Haarlem

Promoted at last!!! 6th in the league table, only narrowly making the play-off's by goal difference but we don't care because we're going up! The squad isn't amazing and will need improvement if we are to avoid relegation from the Eredivisie next year, but for this division it's definitely good enough to be promoted. Here's our 9 fixtures that gained us promotion via the play-off's that have plagued us the last 2 years. Key transfers saw Verbeek join us on loan from Ajax, Dick Schreurs join our midfield, Mikko Lund join our defence and Christian Skjelbred join our midfield/attack. All of the transfers were free or cheap because we're not a very rich club and I'm tight as ****.

Larsen remained our first goalkeeper, not great, definitely needs replacing for next year. Helgesen was first choice right back, an impressive talent and could play for Norway one day imo. The third of our Norwegian trio defensive unit, Roar Olstad had a great season but sadly didn't want to renew so left for Stabaek on a bosman, no Eredivisie for him next season! Van de Kerkhof, aside from having a cool name to say, was a decent option but not great and I wouldn't mind replacing him. His partner Mikko Lund was again, alright but nothing special. Versluis was our first choice right midfield, he had a pretty good season getting 10 goals and 6 assists hopefully he can make the adjustment to the Eredivisie well. I played Verbeek sparingly on the left midfield also using him at left back when Olstad was injured, he scored a few very important goals including the one which sent us up. Dick Schreurs did well in the middle of midfield, got a very nice passing ratio and scored 4, assisting 8. Robin Van Veen, the Indonesian Ryan Giggs of the club, captain of club, been here since he was a youth academy player, did well at left/middle when needed, scored 6 and assisted 5 with a good pass ratio. Damir Jeraj was great in middle of midfield, best pass ratio in the league, says it all. God knows how Jeroen Steegs managed to score 15 and assist 5 but he did, well played to the lad. I signed Artur Murawski last year, he ended top scorer last year in Eredivisie, he didn't have the best of seasons but I'll take 11 goals and 9 assists that's not bad. Mark Poel picked up a 4 month injury at end of last year thus didn't play as much as I'd liked, 5 goals 5 assists in 22 games is poor for him, but I'll stick by him and I hope he can adapt to the Eredivisie.

Ultimately it was a great season and I feel attached to the club/players so will definitely stay for one season in the Eredivisie, I've bloody earned it! I'm hoping to avoid relegation and then pick up an 'I' team at some point after end of Eredivisie season.

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           9th        Joined in July   
2010/11    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           11th       Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         19th       Joined in June 
2012/13    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         9th        None
2013/14    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         5th        Promoted via play-off
2014/15    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square Premier       1st        Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div S      8th        Joined in November
2016/17    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div C      1st        Champions, Promoted via play-off, resigned in June
2017/18    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Joined in November
2018/19    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Sacked in January
2019/20    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          10th       Joined in May
2020/21    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          3rd        Lost in play-off semi final
2021/22    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2022/23    East Fife              Scottish 2nd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2023/24    East Fife              Scottish 1st Div          5th        Resigned in June
2024       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       7th        Joined in July
2025       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       4th        None
2026       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       1st        Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
2026/27    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        8th        Joined in October
2027/28    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        1st        Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June
2028/29    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            8th        Lost in 3rd round of play-off 
2029/30    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            4th        Lost in 2nd round of play-off
2030/31    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            6th        Promoted via play-offs

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue 
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag 
- Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio
- Italian Serie C2/C x1 - 2027/28
- Italian Serie C2 Super Cup x1 - 2027/28

well Diego van Gool has certainly done enough to impress Southampton's scouts as he'll be leaving us for £1.2M shortly!

vangool-1.png?t=1341603298

Elsewhere in the league, a pretty good run of form in our last 6 games makes it seem very unlikely that we'll face relegation worries.

24.png?t=1341603299

200px-HFC_Haarlem_logo.svg.png

H is for Haarlem

A decent first season in the Eredivisie saw us finish in

11th place, we could've finished higher but it was still a pretty decent season. A healthy profit in the transfer market mainly through the sale of Diego van Gool to Southampton, quite a few players were brought in to cope with the move up to the higher level of competition. A massive profit overall was made with 800K+ being made this season.

Ex-Ajax goalkeeper Benjamin Beks was great in goal for us this season, 12 clean sheets in 36 games was pretty good really. Andreas Helgesen had another good season at right back, he coped with the transition to the higher division pretty well. I was absolutely delighted to pick up Menno Verbeek, who I've had on loan previously both for Haarlem and Galipoli, signed for us on a free transfer, he had a good season at left back. Mikko Lund had a decent enough season in the middle of defence, occasionally scoring with 3 goals. Ron van de Kerkhof was slightly better. Prince Lamptey, originally signed to play as a striker, his finishing wasn't good enough, but he has some very nice pace so I converted him into a right winger, he did well. The Indonesian Ryan Giggs, Robin van Veen did well in the AML role when he was fit. When he wasn't fit I played Francesco D'Arrigo there, he wasn't great. Ruud Radermacher did very well in the middle of midfield when available. Dick Schreurs was one of the best passers in the league which wasn't that much of a surprise, valuable part of the side. Despite originally being a striker I converted Christian Skjelbred to a central midfielder and he did fairly well when I played him there. Roberto Garcia had a pretty good season, scoring 9 in 14 starts. Mark Poel definitely lived up to expectations, 15 goals and 4 assists in 28 starts was really great for someone who didn't do that well in the Jupiler league last season.

The team is pretty decent and with sell on values of players I signed on freebies, as well as the increased TV money/gate receipts etc from playing in a higher division, I have definitely left Haarlem in a position to grow and grow if the right manager takes over. It's time for me to move on to an I side, but just where will I be off to?

History

Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
2009/10    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           9th        Joined in July   
2010/11    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           11th       Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         19th       Joined in June 
2012/13    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         9th        None
2013/14    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         5th        Promoted via play-off
2014/15    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square Premier       1st        Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div S      8th        Joined in November
2016/17    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div C      1st        Champions, Promoted via play-off, resigned in June
2017/18    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Joined in November
2018/19    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Sacked in January
2019/20    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          10th       Joined in May
2020/21    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          3rd        Lost in play-off semi final
2021/22    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2022/23    East Fife              Scottish 2nd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2023/24    East Fife              Scottish 1st Div          5th        Resigned in June
2024       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       7th        Joined in July
2025       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       4th        None
2026       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       1st        Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
2026/27    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        8th        Joined in October
2027/28    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        1st        Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June
2028/29    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            8th        Lost in 3rd round of play-off 
2029/30    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            4th        Lost in 2nd round of play-off
2030/31    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            6th        Promoted via play-offs
2031/32    HFC Haarlem            Eredivisie                11th       None

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue 
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag 
- Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio