PH71's Journey - featuring The Alphabet Challenge

PaulHartman71

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

200px-HFC_Haarlem_logo.svg.png

H is for Haarlem

After a decent 8th place finish we of course qualified for the play-offs, unfortunately falling at the last hurdle in the 3rd round. The squad was relatively decent although could do with a few more quality players and a little more depth. Transfers - I only signed Woudsma and Roar Olstad, as the other players were brought in by the previous manager. Finances - They're not great, we wont be able to offer much in terms of wages to players but generally have a decent amount of money to spend for this division.

There were a few Norwegians in the side, one being versatile full back Andreas Helgesen who was one of the better players at the club, another being first choice goalkeeper Christoffer Larsen. I signed another Norwegian, left back Roar Olstad who is a very good left back for this division. Rolf Heeren was a key central defender as was Ron van de Kerkhof. Erwin Scheurwater did well on loan from Willem II. Gerard Dijkhuizen did decently on the left side of midfield, he could have done better though. Kevin de Man was a key part of central midfield with one of the best pass ratios in the league. Our captain, Robin van Veen was a key part of the season with a decent amount of goals and assists. Jeroen Steegs was our backup striker and did decent from the bench scoring 7 goals in total. Jordy Woudsma didn't score as many goals as he should have, I hope he will score more next season or I will sell him on for profit. Mark Poel was topscorer with 26 goals in 36 games, hopefully he can score as many next season.

History

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/10    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           9th        Joined in July   
2010/11    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           11th       Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         19th       Joined in June 
2012/13    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         9th        None
2013/14    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         5th        Promoted via play-off
2014/15    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square Premier       1st        Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div S      8th        Joined in November
2016/17    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div C      1st        Champions, Promoted via play-off, resigned in June
2017/18    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Joined in November
2018/19    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Sacked in January
2019/20    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          10th       Joined in May
2020/21    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          3rd        Lost in play-off semi final
2021/22    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2022/23    East Fife              Scottish 2nd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2023/24    East Fife              Scottish 1st Div          5th        Resigned in June
2024       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       7th        Joined in July
2025       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       4th        None
2026       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       1st        Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
2026/27    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        8th        Joined in October
2027/28    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        1st        Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June
2028/29    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            8th        Lost in 3rd round of play-off 

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue 
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag 
- Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio
- Italian Serie C2/C x1 - 2027/28
- Italian Serie C2 Super Cup x1 - 2027/28

yeah it is definitely a confusing play-off system :D

pretty irritating but the squad seem to have got complacent, potentially since a play-off place is already secured, but I'd rather win the league outright to avoid having to go through the bloody play-offs again!

boomb.png?t=1339460942

I applied to the vacant Ipswich job, annoyed the board a bit but after a quick apology they were happy enough to keep me. This was lucky as Ipswich hired Harry Kane instead of me.

ipswich.png?t=1339546161

Elsewhere, it really isn't looking like we're going to win the league and I am dreading the play-off's already.

league.png?t=1339546163

I like the idea behind this challenge, I think I remember you mentioning while I was reading through that it was a challenge in the CSE part of the forums from a few iterations ago?

I enjoyed the read, good luck in the play-offs.

I like the idea behind this challenge, I think I remember you mentioning while I was reading through that it was a challenge in the CSE part of the forums from a few iterations ago?

I enjoyed the read, good luck in the play-offs.

yeah it was, canvey!! started it on FM09 I believe. I don't think anybody got past 'C' though :D

One of the worst games I've experienced as a manager, we were 1-0 up at one point but Roda JC scored twice in the last 10 minutes to put us out in just the 2nd round of the play-off's. Very frustrating stuff and makes it tempting to pack it in, but with the likelihood of getting an 'I' job relatively low at the moment, I will most likely stay and hope it can be third time lucky next season.

200px-HFC_Haarlem_logo.svg.png

H is for Haarlem

After sadly going out in the 2nd round of the play-off's it's time to evaluate our season. Not much was spent in transfers, our "big" purchase being the signing of winger/striker Artur Murawski. "Flop" signing Jordy Woudsma was sold for 200K (20K profit) to Coventry. The Dutch Cup was a bit crap, we went out to Feyenoord in the 3rd round, although we made some money from being on TV/big stadium etc so not all bad. 4th place in the league was a disappointment considering the fact we were running away with it at the start of the season.

Christoffer Larsen was our first choice goalkeeper, he was actually injured for the return leg in the play-off and I had to play a crap 17 year old which can't have done our chances any good. Our main right back Andreas Helgeson had a pretty decent season. Larsen and Helgesen's compatriot Roar Olstad had a good season at left back. Ron van de Kerkhof had a pretty poor season at center back. Rolf Heeren was slightly better. Luuk Versluis did pretty well on the right side of midfield, 4 goals and 7 assists for him. Gerard Dijkhuizen was okay at left midfield, with 3 goals and 7 assists. Club captain Robin van Veen did well in the middle, 8 goals and 2 assists for him and a decent pass ratio. Fabio Nicolao did decently, a great pass ratio and 3 goals and 5 assists for that man. Once he signed for us Artur Murawski was a great buy, 3 goals and 5 assists in just 9 games. Mark Poel was our star man once again with a fantastic 6 assists, 22 goals in 38 games.

History

Season     Club                   League                  Position     Achievements
2009/10    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           9th        Joined in July   
2010/11    Annagh United          N.Irish 2nd Div           11th       Screwed over by the board and sacked in April
2011/12    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         19th       Joined in June 
2012/13    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         9th        None
2013/14    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square North         5th        Promoted via play-off
2014/15    Bradford Park Avenue   Blue Square Premier       1st        Promoted as Champions, resigned in June
2015/16    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div S      8th        Joined in November
2016/17    Casa Pia A.C           Portuguese 2nd Div C      1st        Champions, Promoted via play-off, resigned in June
2017/18    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Joined in November
2018/19    Distillery             N.Irish 1st Div           10th       Sacked in January
2019/20    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          10th       Joined in May
2020/21    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          3rd        Lost in play-off semi final
2021/22    East Fife              Scottish 3rd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2022/23    East Fife              Scottish 2nd Div          1st        Promoted as Champions
2023/24    East Fife              Scottish 1st Div          5th        Resigned in June
2024       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       7th        Joined in July
2025       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       4th        None
2026       Fana Idrettslag        Norwegian 2nd Div 3       1st        Promoted as Champions, Resigned in October
2026/27    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        8th        Joined in October
2027/28    Gallipoli Calcio       Italian Serie C2/C        1st        Promoted as Champions, Serie C2 Super Cup winner, Resigned in June
2028/29    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            8th        Lost in 3rd round of play-off 
2029/30    HFC Haarlem            Jupiler League            4th        Lost in 2nd round of play-off

Trophy Cabinet

Bradford Park Avenue 
- Blue Square Premier x1 - 2014/15

Casa Pia
- Portuguese 2nd Div C x1 - 2016/17

East Fife
- Scottish 3rd Div x1 - 2021/22
- Scottish 2nd Div x1 - 2022/23

Fana Idrettslag 
- Norwegian 2nd Div 3 x1 - 2026

Gallipoli Calcio
- Italian Serie C2/C x1 - 2027/28