FMH 2013 Suggestions and Requests

Bought the game today. The transfers and contracts feature needs improving. I was hoping to see minimum release clauses and also paying a transfer payment in installments.

So basically it's still broken?

Seriously, how many times do people have to raise the same issues before things get addressed? It's the same with live cup draws, I've been asking for it for 2 years and its still nowhere to be seen.

Not buying.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
So basically it's still broken?

The game not containing transfer payments in installment isn't 'broken' imho - its a feature which would overly complicate the games financial system and thats why its not present in it.

(at present when I play FM PC I'm constantly doing a mental 'juggle' trying to ascertain my 'true' balance after a few seasons with various transfer installments flying in and out ... thats fine on that game where you might take an hour to play a month and keep a closer eye on such things, in FMH where you might get through a month in 10 minutes and not realize whats occurring its not such a good idea imho)

Seriously, how many times do people have to raise the same issues before things get addressed? It's the same with live cup draws, I've been asking for it for 2 years and its still nowhere to be seen.

We did look at Live Cup draws - but unfortunately its not as easy to implement as I'd hoped - as such its not present yet, but hopefully will be introduced at some point in the future.

Not buying.

Its everyones choice whether they think the game is worth buying or not - thank you for considering it, hopefully we'll entice you back in the future.

I really want to buy this but it just doesn't have the detail I'm looking for.

I don't want a handheld Pc version, I'd hate that, but at least put in things that reflect real life such as cup draws, realistic transfer system, no limit to number of seasons you can play, longer and more helpful highlights etc.

start putting these in and I'll buy it. Until then, I can't justify £7 a year for the same game with a few changes.

I dont get what some of you go on about.

Live cup draws... who cares? The draws get determined by a mathmatical equation in the background. Why people care so much about whether the game just tells you who you drew or "watching" it display who was drawn is so absolutely trivial I wonder about the people who are seriously basing buying the game on that.

Transfer installments. Its obvious why they arent included. FMH is about fast, fun "pick up and play" gameplay. It adds an unneeded level of complexity that does not serve the intent of the game.

Season limit. I would bet that the average save length on handheld is around 1 season. Maybe less. It is simply too much work for SI to make a limitless handheld game for the miniscule amount of people that would use it.

Seriously. Handheld is such a good game because it avoided the pitfalls that plagued the PC version. SI released FM Classic specifically because of the overwhelming amount of bloat that was sucking the life out of the "fat" version of the game, and now people are complaining because they are specififcally trying to avoid that with the handheld version.

SI has done a brilliant job with Handheld. There are a lot of people, like myself, that are only still interested in FM, specifically because of Hanheld. I hope those involved with handheld RESIST the urge to please the few, at the expense of the many. Keep fighting the good fight SI. The game is brilliant, and largely needs to be left alone.

Live cup draws... who cares? The draws get determined by a mathmatical equation in the background. Why people care so much about whether the game just tells you who you drew or "watching" it display who was drawn is so absolutely trivial I wonder about the people who are seriously basing buying the game on that.

Transfer installments. Its obvious why they arent included. FMH is about fast, fun "pick up and play" gameplay. It adds an unneeded level of complexity that does not serve the intent of the game.

Season limit. I would bet that the average save length on handheld is around 1 season. Maybe less. It is simply too much work for SI to make a limitless handheld game for the miniscule amount of people that would use it.

Seriously. Handheld is such a good game because it avoided the pitfalls that plagued the PC version. SI released FM Classic specifically because of the overwhelming amount of bloat that was sucking the life out of the "fat" version of the game, and now people are complaining because they are specififcally trying to avoid that with the handheld version.

SI has done a brilliant job with Handheld. There are a lot of people, like myself, that are only still interested in FM, specifically because of Hanheld. I hope those involved with handheld RESIST the urge to please the few, at the expense of the many. Keep fighting the good fight SI. The game is brilliant, and largely needs to be left alone.

1/ Plenty care. Most footy fans like to watch the cup draws live because of the tension and anticipation it creates. Cup draws are always televised for this very reason. LMA Manager on the original Playstation had it ffs and that was over 10 years ago! This is a football manager game after all!!!

2/ I really don't think having transfer instalments would change the pick up and play element, it's just another option that makes it more like real life.

3/ I just don't see the point on capping the amount of seasons you can play. If I want to manage a save for 60 seasons then I should be able to. It's no good saying the technology can't handle it - I've got Vice City and Infinity Blade on my phone!

There is still plenty of room for improvement IMO. Why can't we arrange friendlies or assign squad numbers at the start of the season? You don't have to FORCE it on people, just have an auto-assign/arrange button and move on for those who don't care about it. But for those of us who like to micro-manage a little bit more it would bring the game to life and justify a hefty price tag.

You are asking here for a company to stop being innovative. Death spell. Without innovation, there's only stagnation. Usually, that's a recipe for wrecking a business. On a whole, SI have stayed innovative during their 20 years of existence. I truly believe, we will see more features over time in FMH. Miles even hinted that, if they were to make a Vita version one day, it would not be the same as the current FMH since the device is so more powerful. Now, let's see our phones and tablets become more powerful in the next years, bet FMH will change somewhat.

Btw, I think the majority of us don't want this to be FM PC to-go. But atm, FMH is too stripped down of a manager in some aspects and from feedback on other sites, the non-FM crowd compare this heavily, justified or not, to other mobile games around.

Here is my wish list for an incremental update:

1. Display crosses in match stats.

2. Display current league position in club's header.

3. Display form on first screen in "Form".

Here is my wish list for a new version of FMH:

1. Motivational speech as describes in my thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/333842-An-alternative-approach-to-motivation

2. More mentalities in tactics.

3. A meaningful training with short term and long term goals. E.g., I like the focus one can set in FM PC before and between matches. I also liked the way training was in much older versions when one could set up a weekly schedule with diverse routines.

I understand, the ME is kind of set in stone bare some polishing and improvements until the mass market moves to more powerful devices. Therefore, I don't expect vast changes the next 2-3 years.

- Ability to train players who you have loaned in.

- Ability to cancel future dated transfers without having to wait until the day of the transfer (to then cancel it).

- More save game slots (5-6 perhaps) ... also for save tactics too.

I would like to be able to play in mulitple leagues in multiple countries.

Also, the ability to visit other matches and to be able to view the whole statistics of these matches would appreciated.

Oh, what I also would like is youth and second team competitions and the ability to select which players will be promoted from the youth academy yourself.

1/ Plenty care. Most footy fans like to watch the cup draws live because of the tension and anticipation it creates. Cup draws are always televised for this very reason. LMA Manager on the original Playstation had it ffs and that was over 10 years ago! This is a football manager game after all!!!

2/ I really don't think having transfer instalments would change the pick up and play element, it's just another option that makes it more like real life.

3/ I just don't see the point on capping the amount of seasons you can play. If I want to manage a save for 60 seasons then I should be able to. It's no good saying the technology can't handle it - I've got Vice City and Infinity Blade on my phone!

There is still plenty of room for improvement IMO. Why can't we arrange friendlies or assign squad numbers at the start of the season? You don't have to FORCE it on people, just have an auto-assign/arrange button and move on for those who don't care about it. But for those of us who like to micro-manage a little bit more it would bring the game to life and justify a hefty price tag.

Hi Marc,

How likely is it to see these features at some point?

• SI Staff

In the very short term - unlikely.

Long term the cap on seasons perhaps will get extended as hardware improves, similarly live cup draws I'd love to see in myself at some point (optional for users tho obviously) ... transfer installments however I'm not convinced about for handheld myself.

1. The "tension" is for REAL football. I dont see how there is any tension for a cup draw for a handheld football game. If thats someones thing, so be it, but I dont see how that could have any bearing on the overall worth of the game.

2. SI have already explained that they dont incorporate transfer installments because they do not want to add the transfer complexity of having to constantly consider how much money you have allocated based on past transfers.

3. The season cap is certainly based on the size of the database as the game goes along. This is more of a hardware issue than a game issue. The game is running on mobile devices.

You are asking here for a company to stop being innovative. Death spell. Without innovation, there's only stagnation. Usually, that's a recipe for wrecking a business. On a whole, SI have stayed innovative during their 20 years of existence. I truly believe, we will see more features over time in FMH. Miles even hinted that, if they were to make a Vita version one day, it would not be the same as the current FMH since the device is so more powerful. Now, let's see our phones and tablets become more powerful in the next years, bet FMH will change somewhat.

Most of the things being mentioned here are not innovations, rather implementations of PC features.

People have to remember that Handheld is based on the premise that is needs to lack complexity and be fast. If a feature slows down the game or adds unneeded complexity, it will not be added. A majority of the suggestions here are not overly odd or unreasonable, but if they were all implemented, the game pace would slow down and would add a layer of ultimately unneeded complexity.

SI are fighting the good fight in this regards. Im not saying the game CANT improve, but they are doing a good job of filtering out what needs to be included and what does not.

Played a fair bit. Really enjoying the game. Here's some things I think would improve the game or at least make my experience more enjoyable.

Player Search:

- Filter players by nationality, division or club name

- Allow more than 4 slots for saving searches

- Button for "Reseting" searches. (This would be very useful)

Scouting

- If using both scouts have different results for each scout.

- Allow to look for youth in different regions.

User Interface

- Ability to "swipe" to reserves when on squad screen.

- Swipe though league divisions.

- Swipe up and down through players in squad

- Show stats of players on matchdays. So many times someone scores against me and I got to check and all you get is attributes or best positions.

Tactics

- Ability to save tactics, not through the "Save team selection" way.

More Ass Man options i.e "Handle contracts, training etc"

I'm sure many of these would not be hard to implement and are logical.

Anyways, great game Marc. KUTGW :thup:

The one simple thing I've always hoped for on FMHi is the ability to filter player search by nationality. Would be useful in finding the next crop of promising players for a specific nation or to monitor regens which appear in-game for a specific nation. As far as I can see, this is currently only possible when in charge of a particular nation but you can only filter for that nation.

Archived